Start by marking “The Incomparable Miss Compton (Rogues and Rakes, #7)” as Want to Read:
The Incomparable Miss Compton (Rogues and Rakes, #7)

The Incomparable Miss Compton (Uncommon Courtships #2)

3.66  ·  Rating details ·  131 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Tired of being beholden to relatives, Sarah Compton jumped at the chance to gain a life of her own -- even if, in exchange, she had to guide her cousin through the Season and into a successful marriage. But Sarah never expected that her unconventional ways would attract the eminently proper Lord Malcolm Breckonridge -- and challenge her heart in surprising ways.
Published August 1st 2001 by Zebra

To ask other readers questions about The Incomparable Miss Compton, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Incomparable Miss Compton

QNPoohBear
Aug 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Lord Malcolm Brekonridge, Parliamentarian crusader for reform, is in need of a wife. She must be capable of running a good household, intelligent and able to assist him with his work. Love has nothing to do with the matter, he doesn't believe in silly emotions, or so he thinks. At a ball in his honor, Malcolm is bowled over by the Incomparable Miss Persephone Compton, but before he can take his dance with her, her chaperone, cousin Sarah butts in. Sarah, almost thirty, had a disastrous first Sea ...more
SANDRA
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was as much fun as the first one. definitely recommend reading it. If you are up to reading something fun and entertaining with a good ending.
Judy
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Incomparable Miss Compton by Regina Scott
Uncommon Courtships Series Book Two
Sarah Compton lost more than her parents when they died...she lost her future. Between taking care of her sickly cousin and aunt...she became a spinster. And her cousin became self-absorbed along the way. This Season was showing her how selfish the younger girl was. But hopefully she'd find a husband. And then Sarah could move on to being a teacher. And a spinster.

Malcolm, Viscount Breckonridge, had the perfect woman
Christopher
"The Incomparable Miss Compton" is a good story. It's a bit light on substance, has characters that occasionally make silly decisions, and contains some of the less-than-appealing cliches - such as a villain secretly bent on revenge and an initial focus of "I love you" being said rather than shown through action. But it's also a quick, fairly amusing read without mistresses or other drama. It's sweet to see the political-obsessed hero slow down and court the on-the-shelf heroine more and more, a ...more
suzi
Apr 08, 2015 rated it liked it
There were some great dialogue and the charactets are great but I was bit annoyed with Sarah near the end and the end was a bit cheesy to me. That's just my preference though. I'm sure others will be perfectly alright with it.
Kim Power
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Traditional Regency

Not quite up to the first volume, but an enjoyable story. The early chapters are rather too much call nicer ed with Parliamentary detail and the villain is rather one dimensional. Sarah is a great character. Malcolm could do with rather more wit.
Angela
Jun 18, 2012 rated it liked it
My favorite part is his first marriage proposal. He's so arrogant and she gives him a great set-down. It's a very Elizabeth vs. Darcy moment, and very well done. The rest could have been better I think, though.
Bethany Swafford
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-books
A lovely Regency tale. Though part of a series (I did not know this when I picked it up), it reads as a great standalone book. The ending is a bit cheesy and made me roll my eyes, but enjoyable nonetheless.
Deb Storlie
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good reading

Great story, believable characters, plot is enticing and hard to lay the book down. Characters are very believable and human.
Janet
Sep 06, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: oop-regency
Almost but not quite wanted my time back. Anyone who wants a quick Regency read, let me know.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Nov 08, 2015 12:10AM
Regina Scott started writing novels in the third grade. Thankfully for literature as we know it, she didn't actually sell her first novel until she had learned a bit more about writing such as vocabulary, sentence structure, and plot. After numerous short stories and articles in magazines and trade journals, she got serious about her novel writing. The Unflappable Miss Fairchild was her first nove ...more
More about Regina Scott...

Uncommon Courtships (5 books)
  • An Uncommon Christmas: A Prequel Novella to the Uncommon Courtships Series
  • The Unflappable Miss Fairchild (Rogues and Rakes, #1)
  • The Irredeemable Miss Renfield
  • The Unwilling Miss Watkin (Uncommon Courtships Book 4)