Start by marking “Panda Whispers” as Want to Read:
Panda Whispers

Panda Whispers

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  48 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
This gorgeous picture book postulates that, just like us, creatures throughout the world dream sweet dreams. What, then, might a panda whisper to her cub when he’s settling down to sleep? “Dream of climbing.” We move from treetops to ocean to plains to river to listen to the gentle murmurs of other animal parents: a dolphin, a cheetah, an otter, and many more. Alongside st ...more
Published April 5th 2007 by Dutton Juvenile (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Panda Whispers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Panda Whispers

Hannah Guerra
Dec 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: eng-261
This cute picture book begins and ends with a father reading his daughter a bedtime story while he tucks her in bed. The middle part consists of him telling her about all sorts of other animals and what their daddies tell them before they go to sleep. This fun book has a lot of educational animal facts and has themes of family love and animals. It is good for students in pre-school and kindergarten.
Amanda T
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is my son's favorite bedtime book. He's 21 months and we've been reading it every night before bedtime. He asks for it and when we start to read he cuddles down in his crib. He's even starting to remember some of the lines. The paintings are gorgeous and the rhyming is sweet. I love that it is sort of long for a baby book which gives him plenty of time to settle down to sleep. Sometimes we read Goodnight Moon first but then it's always Panda Whispers to go to sleep to.
The illustrations for this book are just beautiful! I loved the hues of colors that went with each different animal and their landscape. I could look through this book again and again, the pictures are just so inviting and peaceful. I thought the story was very sweet, definitely something that I would recommend as a bedtime story book. I really liked this book!

*Taken from my book reviews blog: http://reviewsatmse.blogspot.com/2009...
Sharonneika
Apr 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: informative
Great book for bed time stories. While it tells a sweet story of animals and their youngsters sweet dreams, it informs children of the habitats each animal lives in. Great illustrations. Recommended for ages 3-6.
May 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
beautiful picture book! Great rhythm for use in Story times! Love the whispering prompts, children would enjoy mimicking the animals' actions & quieting their voice to a whisper at the end of each page. Great flowing language, wonderful story time selection!
Alice
Apr 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-25-stars
4.25 stars This almost got a 4.5 stars, but I hate mice and near the end...mice were listed.

I LOVE THE mother and baby animals concept, and the soft whispers! The pictures are GREAT! I really enjoyed it!
Chenoa Brown
Apr 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rhyme
-Father panda reads to his daighter
-Phrases in the book depict what the animals do everyday or what they are known for
-Great bedtime book
Good read for Pre-K to 1st grade
Aspasia
Oct 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-to-aidan
This was my son's October gift from Dolly Parton's Imagination Library. Beautiful painting of animal mothers and their babies.
Crystal Farner-prestwich
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Extremly cute book, my daughter loves to hear it before she goes to sleep. Very good saying as they drift off to dreamland.
Kaethe
Nov 02, 2009 rated it liked it
For the child referred to by her interest in Pandas and also bats and more recently wolves.
Eileen
Apr 15, 2008 rated it liked it
A soothing animal bedtime story
Rebecca
Apr 07, 2011 added it
Shelves: poetry, family
A good work of poetry that could if nothing else spark inspiration in students. It shares the emotions of a mothers love. I recommend this book for prek-1st grade.
rated it it was ok
Alondra
Mar 23, 2017
Cecily V
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I like this book's dreamy atmosphere!
Moriah
Jul 10, 2015
Rachel
Dec 23, 2011
Kimberly
rated it did not like it
Dec 24, 2012