Start by marking “The Polar Bears Are Hungry” as Want to Read:
The Polar Bears Are Hungry

The Polar Bears Are Hungry

3.11  ·  Rating details ·  19 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
In the second collaboration of the mother-and-son team that created Mothers Are Like That, two cubs are born to a polar bear. Mother bear teaches her cubs how to swim and hunt seals. But when the ice melts earlier than usual—the result of a changing climate—there is not enough food to keep her milk rich or to feed her cubs. Emboldened by hunger, the bears venture into huma ...more
Published October 21st 2002 by Clarion Books (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Polar Bears Are Hungry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Polar Bears Are Hungry

Sylvia
Feb 14, 2015 rated it liked it
I have no idea why this is considered a young children's book.

Okay, first off, my son was bored with it by the third page and I was bored by the tenth page. Second, it talks about global warming. That's something that a kindergarten/first b grader don't understand yet. Yes it's important to teach or children about the environment and do what we can to help keep a clean earth, you have no astringents from me there.

Point is, we just didn't like this book very much.
Traci Bold
Jul 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
In the gentlest way possible author Carol Carrick and illustrator, Paul Carrick show the life of a mother polar bear and her cubs, what they eat and how they live.

This is a great picture book to introduce children to the ways of animals that shows no gore or scary imagery.

Published by Clarion Books.

#polarbears #arctic #food #seals
Kathy Blose
Jul 11, 2008 marked it as to-read
I saw this while looking to see if they had the Carricks' book called "The Accident." I think this book would be a good one for children to read with a parent. Talks of the global warming ...we can teach our kids the REAL reason the elements are in commotion...we are coming closer and closer to the Second Coming.

Besides, my husband is nicknamed Roller Polar Bear.

Kathy Blose
Nick Stengel
Jul 04, 2009 rated it did not like it
Kinda creepy for a children's book. Starving bears looking to kill seals.
Paula