Start by marking “Lucky in Love” as Want to Read:
Lucky in Love

Lucky in Love

Lucky MacFarlane... isn't. And, mostly, she's used to that. Lucky's bad luck streak is as much a part of who she is as her blue eyes and her vintage wardrobe. But a lifetime of clumsy accidents and embarrassing moments can't prepare her for what happens when she runs into sexy ex-boyfriend, Chance Atkins. Literally. With her 1948 Buick Roadmaster. Now, Lucky's got a few ...more
Published March 25th 2014 by Createspace (first published September 4th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Lucky in Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lucky in Love

Start your review of Lucky in Love
Wayne Jackson
Sep 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Romance novels are not my genre of choice but I thought I would give Lucky in Love a go. I’m not good at reviews and I don’t like reviews with spoilers so bare with me.
I love how the author brought her characters to life! Lucky MacFarlane the main character has an obsession with anything vintage from clothing, furnishings all the way to her vehicle of choice, a 1948 Buick Roadmaster, which by the way, she restored herself! So, with me a self proclaimed history nut Lucky immediately grabbed my
Jennie
Dec 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
This was such a fun book! It's one of those little gems that you stumble across by chance and want to share! I read a good portion of the book with either a smile on my face or snorting with laughter.

Even though this is a very short book, I fell in love with the characters and thought they were well developed. I would imagine that's difficult to do in a little over 200 pages!

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the book was set in Kalamazoo Michigan which is my neck of the woods. It was fun
Silvia Meadows
Feb 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was such a quick and fun read. There was no slowing down with Lucky involved. Lucky entertained me a lot with her quirky self and randon outbursts. lol.

Chance was such a hottie and manly man. I loved the fact that he gave Lucky a hard time when she ran him over. But their love was good. It was definitely not over from their teenage years.

I enjoyed this thrill ride cause Dominick was one sick SOB, but at the same time I loved his mafia type self. lol.

Betty and Jules are definitely two older
Kimberly
Feb 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-ebook, 2016, romance
This was a really fun, quick read! I could see Brockmeyer developing some spin-off novels from this, and I'd read them. My only complaint is there were quite a few overly coincidental parts in the story (like Lucky's cat attacking someone at the perfect moment). Also, and this isn't a complaint, the story has a lot more going on than a simple boy-meets-girl thing; there is quite a bit of action in parts.
Jenna
Mar 03, 2015 rated it liked it
This book was ridiculous, but darn if I didn't like it. Lucky is like a train-wreck every where she goes she creates havoc. This book was funny in a impossible way. It could never happen for real but Lucky pulls it of.

The writing and love building was good. Quick and cute read.
Cortney Smith
Feb 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-kindle
I didn't think a romance novel would be my kind of thing, but I was hooked after the first page! I started reading it early afternoon and stayed up until 1 am to finish it. I could not put it down I just had to see what would happen next! I can't wait to see more work from Kristen Brockmeyer!
Kim Minehart
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Romantic and suspenseful. It kept me reading!
Kerri
Oct 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you like romance, please raise your hand. I mean, who doesn't, right? Now, a show of hands for highly likable main characters? Of course. A crazy plot line that keeps you on your toes? Yes. Fireworks in (and out of) the bedroom. Double yes.

I generally don't start a new book until I finish the one I'm currently reading, but when I read the first line of the summary for Lucky in Love: Lucky McFarlane... isn't. Well, let's just say the book I was reading was immediately relegated to my virtual
Kent District Library
“My staff pick for June is ‘Lucky In Love’ by local/indie author Kristen Brockmeyer. This West Michigan author takes readers on a wild ride in a 1948 Buick Roadmaster from Kalamazoo to Sin City. ‘Lucky’ MacFarlane mostly isn’t – lucky that is, but what she does have an abundance of is adventure. Starting with a mild fender-bender when she literally runs into her old high school crush, Chance, as she arrives late for her brother’s wedding, Lucky’s fortune quickly turns from bad to worse. Shots ...more
Katie(babs)
Started out cute but then 1/4 the way through I grew bored by the sudden criminal element thrown in.
Jenna Setz
rated it it was ok
Jun 09, 2014
Heather
Feb 20, 2014
Kristen Brockmeyer is a romance writer. An enthusiastic member of the RWA and the MMRWA, she's currently up to her eyeballs her next contemporary romance manuscript. Her first novel, "Lucky in Love," is now available exclusively through Amazon.com.