Start by marking “Love Beyond Boundaries, Book 1” as Want to Read:
Love Beyond Boundaries, Book 1

Love Beyond Boundaries, Book 1

(Love Beyond Boundaries #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  11 ratings  ·  10 reviews
A Collection of Erotic Poetry

"Love knows no
boundaries… It doesn’t
know the difference
between gender, race or social
status. This collection of poetry
follows the journey of two people,
who through ups and downs,
never gives up on their happiness
or the love they feel for each other."
Published March 27th 2014 by Xlibris Corporation

To ask other readers questions about Love Beyond Boundaries, Book 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Beyond Boundaries, Book 1

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Love Beyond Boundaries, Book 1
FantasyLiving
**a copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review**

I’m not really a poetry buff, but I’m pretty sure this is a collection of Soliloquies. Told from both the Dominant and submissive point of view, presented in stages of a budding relationship, and includes some targeted features of the D/s dynamic.

I mostly enjoyed this set of poems. At times it was slightly repetitive, but I think I understand why. If these were published individually, it would be important to include some parts as
Jillian Verne
3.5 stars.

This book was not quite what I expected. It was not a collection of erotic poetry, rather a lyrically written story of one couple's journey into kink. It was at times romantic, at times erotic. I enjoyed the psychological journey the author charted for the reader, in particular, the male POV. I would have liked to see more written about the fact that this story involves an interracial couple. I suppose that may not be relevant to their kink relationship, but I couldn't help but think
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by Amy W
Book provided by author
Originally posted at Romancing the Book

When I think of poetry, I get transported back to high school English class filled with sonnets and haikus.

Author Cara Downey takes a much different approach in her collection titled Love Beyond Boundries: A Collection of Erotic Poetry, Book 1. While described as a collection of erotic poetry, I’m more inclined to think of its as erotic short stories with a strong element of BDSM included.

The editor in me wanted to do
Paul
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book for a chance to review it.

Rather than go with each work contained, I will do a basic and general review.

Overall, I liked it. The general theme, as I read these prose vignettes, was the evolution of a BDSM relationship, and a M/f one in particular. While I am confident that my reading was unbiased by personal attachments, neither can I speak with any confidence as to the emotions of either partner.

The general feeling was growth, and the tone was overwhelmingly positive. If ma
Jacintha
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reading Kayla Lords' Kinky Love Notes: Erotic Poetry for Dominants and Submissives, the first erotic poetry collection I ever read, whetted my appetite for more reads in this genre.

Cara Downey's work here is a wonderful follow-up. While Lords uses the structure of haiku, Downey uses poetic prose. Downey's work reflects both perspectives of Dominant and submissive. Each first person narrative prose builds upon the previous. What is even more delicious is the "call and response" -- the first piece
Cassie Brooker
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a quick read and I liked how it really went into the relationship of a Dom/Sub. It gives insight that you get a better grasp on the relationship and people. I don't find this often in other books.

When I started the book I honestly did not know what to expect and I was very surprised and I liked it.

The characters are wonderfully written and you get a glimpse at a female who is bored with her lifer and her purpose. She finds a man that can fulfill her needs.

The relationship is great and I
Cassandra Brooker
This was a quick read and I liked how it really went into the relationship of a Dom/Sub. It gives such insight that you get a better grasp on the relationship and bot people.

The characters are wonderfully written and you get a glimpse at a female who is bored with her life and finds a great man who happen to be a dominant. I surprised me about the relationship but it's a good surprise.

I don't
Jodee
May 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story was good. I didn't think it was poetry however.

I did like how you could see the relationship between the Dom and sub through both eyes. This story let you see how the relationship between a Dom & sub develops which others do not show you. It shows the love and respect that they have for each other instead of it seeming like the sub is just short of a sex slave to her Dom. I will recommend this to my friends to read especially those who like D/s stories.

This book was given to me in ex
Leah Keys
This book is described as a collection of erotic poetry. To me it was more like random writing of erotic thoughts. It wasn’t bad, but just not exactly what I expected it to be. I liked that it was back and forth writings from both a female and male point of view but I would have liked for it to be more consistent and regular throughout the book. While I enjoyed reading this, I would have liked to have more variety in the writings. It seemed like after the first third of the book things were just ...more
Rishit
Jun 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While I am not much into Poetry, I really liked this work!
A soothing one! It was good that the story was told through both the boy's as well
as the girl's prospective otherwise I whould have been disappointed! And both of them's prospective about each
other was almost the same!
Still I am deducting 1 star because I don't take this book
Melissa
Feb 09, 2017
EmilieSA
Dec 26, 2017
Book Bloggers of ...: Review request: Love Beyond Boundaries Book 1 & 2 1 5 Apr 03, 2016 02:37PM
Cara Downey is from North Preston, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia in Canada. She successful graduated form Saint Mary's University where she holds a degree in Political Science, and a Journalism degree from, The University of Kings College. Besides her two Bachelor of Art's degrees, Cara also holds a Paralegal certification, but she's chosen to focus on her career as an erotic romance author. She's an avi ...more

Love Beyond Boundaries (2 books)
  • Love Beyond Boundaries: A Collection of Erotic Poetry (Love Beyond Boundaries #2)

News & Interviews