Start by marking “Offbeat (Offbeat #1)” as Want to Read:
Offbeat (Offbeat #1)

Offbeat (Offbeat #1)

4.27  ·  Rating Details  ·  104 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
People think you can only love one person. That’s not true. There are two types of love; the forever kind and the always kind.

Forever love means you can’t live without that person. When you close your eyes the image you see is the two of you holding hands, sitting on the porch, and watching your grandchildren playing in the yard. You look over, smile, and whisper “we’ve l
Published October 4th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Offbeat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Offbeat

Amie Morgado- We Stole Your Book Boyfriend
The most devastating 4 hours I have spent reading in a long time...
Ruined , crushed , wrecked and heartbroken- thanks A LOT !!

Of course I love the cover , I just have to say this author and the cover model are genuinely amazing people and I love getting to be part of their journey by sharing this review and promoting this wonderful story !!

Bay and Tyler have been besties forever and turned that into a beautiful relationship , sadly after a horrible incident Bay feels it best to let go of Tyler.
Melyssa Winchester
description

Title: Offbeat
Author: S. Moose
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance
Series or Standalone: Series
Rating: Stars (Rounded to 4* For Goodreads and Amazon)

Review

description

I’m always on the lookout for new authors. Not so much “new” but ones that for me, I haven’t experienced before. I’m always looking to fall in love with a new book boyfriend (one I might not normally meet because there are literally a lot of authors still out there I’ve never had the pleasure of reading), a new heroine that just steals my h
Jill S (Love Affair With Fiction)
Offbeat by S Moose was a raw, emotional read from start to finish.

This one is a hard one to talk about because I don't want to give anything away. This is a book that needs to be experienced for itself. All the raw emotions read and lived through on its own and experienced as you go through. You don't want any spoilers taking away the experience for you.

Here is what I will tell you... it was obvious from the synopsis and teasers that there would be some sort of a love triangle involved in this
L.J (Lisa Jane)
Mar 06, 2016 L.J (Lisa Jane) rated it liked it
Shelves: series, on-kindle
I was so torn on this book.
The story line and writing was beautiful and touching and the characters realistic but it felt like something was missing and the story rushed.
I felt no connection to the way the dreams played out and the characters almost became juvenile as the book went on.

It wasn't a bad read and I would definately recomend it to anyone else but I don't think it was for me.

I did love the story and plot and the way it played out.....original, beautiful and emotional!
Kat Loves
Oct 04, 2015 Kat Loves rated it it was amazing
This has got to be the best ugly cry book I have read in quite awhile!

Bayleigh and Tyler have that forever kind of love that you only find once in a lifetime, but tragedy strikes and something bad happens to Bayleigh and she pushes Tyler away breaking both their hearts.

How much heartaches can one couple take before enough is enough??

This book had me sobbing from start to finish and although I cried (like a baby I may add) I absolutely loved every minute of this book.

Grab your tissues and one cl
Annamaria
Oct 03, 2015 Annamaria rated it it was amazing
Five absolutely beautiful stars! Bayleigh is a young girl in love with her childhood sweetheart when a tragic event occurs. She feels like she will never recover from the event. She then pushes everyone away from her. Even the love of her life Taylor is told to forget about her. Taylor continues to stay by her side and supports her. His twin brother Ryan who leaves and returns two years later finally admits to her that he loves her. Will Bayleigh ever be able to recover and move on with her life ...more
Bella's  Blog
Oct 05, 2015 Bella's Blog rated it it was amazing
Bayleigh is a young in love with her childhood sweetheart when tragic occurs, and she feels like her life is over will she ever recover from this event. She begins to push everything and everybody away even the love of her life Taylor ,and then Taylor is told to forget her . But Taylor couldn't give up on her and continues to stay by her side ,supports her no matter what happened ,Tyler twin brother comes home after 2years and finally admits that he's in love with Bayleigh a. Will Bayleigh ever ...more
Priscilla Garcia
Oct 05, 2015 Priscilla Garcia rated it really liked it
I was given an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

One of the main topics on this book is a horrible act. It happens daily but it never gets easy to hear news like this. So I always admire authors who have the guts to publish books with this topic.

I know it must be devastating to go thru something like that but I must say I hated her attitude. I love strong kick ass female leads and this MFC lacked in that department. She dropped her Boyfriend and runned away. Why do I hate this attitude becau
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
I was given a copy in exchange for an honest review.

Such an emotional read. What would you do if you were in love with two different guys? How do you choose between the two? How do you know which one is the one? These are the questions I asked myself while reading Bayleigh, Tyler and Ryan's story. Bayleigh is struggling with a tragedy from her past and has let Tyler go, so he can move on and not be held back by her grief. Ryan comes back to town and helps Bayleigh breath again. Which will she ch
Lauren
Jul 09, 2016 Lauren rated it liked it
Shelves: twentysixteen
3-3.5 Stars

This is my first book from S. Moose. While I did enjoy it, I also felt it was a little wonky. The storyline is creative, but it's not one that I care for. Bayleigh is in love with Tyler and vice versa. He has to go to California for three weeks and she stays in Rochester, NY. Meanwhile his twin brother, Ryan, comes back to town after no contact for two years with supposedly no one, except maybe his mom.

Ryan left town shortly after Bayleigh has a traumatic experience. Shortly after re
Jessica Anhalt
Oct 05, 2015 Jessica Anhalt rated it it was amazing
I was up until 3 am to finish reading this. Once I started I couldn't put it down. This is an emotional roller coaster of a read for sure, and I'll be honest it takes a turn halfway through that is unexpected and the end is a tear jerker. But I absolutely loved this and couldn't put it down, I highly recommend Offbeat and cannot wait for book two to see where Bayleigh ends up.

Jessica from The Swanky Bibliophiles Book Blog.
Jana
Oct 16, 2015 Jana rated it liked it
Divided

I'm divided between really likening this book and not caring for it. To be clear, the writing is good, so my three stars are not based on that. Writing style wise, it's a 4-4 1/2 stars. The characters? Ugh. I cannot stand Bayleigh. She is selfish and self centered. Look, I know she went through a traumatic rape. My heart went out to her. But there really is no excuse for her treatment of Tyler. I felt Tyler got the biggest shaft from everyone in this book.

And then Bayleigh's relationship
Maari
Oct 29, 2015 Maari rated it it was amazing
Book 1 in the Offbeat series

This book is absolutely raw emotion! Definitely unforgettable!! I am going to be having a time waiting for Rhythm. Highly recommend this book to anyone who wants a book that makes you FEEL!

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Sara Miller
Oct 06, 2015 Sara Miller rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for a honest review over on my blog (Pretty Little Book Blog)

This was a book that you will want to tell everyone about! It's powerful in a way that only a select few books can claim to be. From the prologue (that by the way broke my heart into a million pieces) it does not let up on the feelings factor.

Learning how to live again after a brutal act is a difficult thing because the person that you were before is gone, life is forever changed. Now that's
Cheryl- 1-chick and her kindle

Holy Cow!! This love triangle was completely unexpected and I'm having a hard time with how to write this without giving everything away. What an amazing start to this new series! S. Moose has written a book that is impossible to put down because you just have to know how it ends. However, it ends in one mother of a cliffhanger.

Bayleigh is trying to recover from a horrific event and pushes everyone away, including her soul mate Tyler. She doesn't know how to cope and she's tired of everyone baby
Marika
Oct 05, 2015 Marika rated it really liked it
I am not sure what to think.. I am in some kind of limbo lol..but I am so very MAD..
I felt a whole lot in this book and I even changed my mind on the characters a good few times.
I get where Bay is coming from..I really do..But sometimes I was getting frustrated with her..so that brings me to Ty..oh no I won't forgive what he did and how he behaved..not for one sec..but at other times I get his frustration. I loved him for most of the book..but towards the end I wanted to physically hurt him.
Ryan
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

I really liked this book. This author is one of my absolutely favorites in the indie world. Not only does she write amazing stories but she is also an incredible person. Her books have a way of pulling you in and not letting you go until the last word. They also linger with you long after you have finished reading. I became a huge fan of her from her first series and the growing she has done in her writing is absolutely phenomenal. I promise this is an author that you want to take a chan
For the Love of Books
Oct 05, 2015 For the Love of Books rated it it was amazing
I can't begin to tell you all how utterly amazing this book is. I a totally overwhelmed with the emotions this book brought out of me. I have laughed, screamed and cried at different times in the book, but throughout all of it I had what we like to call 'the feels'! This book is incredibly unique in my opinion because the wonderfully talented S.Moose focusses not on events but on the feelings and emotions of these events, this is quite special. The three main characters Bayleigh, Ryan and Tyler ...more
Angel
Oct 11, 2015 Angel rated it it was amazing
As another reviewer put perfectly:

The most devastating 4 hours I have spent reading in a long time...
Ruined , crushed , wrecked and heartbroken- thanks A LOT !!

I had to put this book down so many times as I couldn't see through the tears to read it. Runny nose and all. I so was not a pretty sight.

The author really knows how to pull you in and connect you with all the characters.
You feel for them all.
Love them all and your heart breaks with them all.

It's not like your reading some made up sto
Laura  Redmon
Oct 07, 2015 Laura Redmon rated it it was amazing

5 Heart String Pulling Stars!

Bayliegh had an awful beginning in her young life. Something so truly horrible, that it's easy to understand why she ends up pushing everyone away. Including the love of her life, childhood sweetheart, Taylor. She writes him a letter telling him to forget her. He writes one back, in voice-mail, saying no way, he loves her and will fight for her.

This book is a love triangle, Taylor's twin brother Ryan leaves for 2 years and comes back to tell Bayleigh he's in love wit
Renee Entress from Renee Entress's Blog
5 star

This is Bayleigh’s story. After a tragic event Bayleigh pushes everyone away. Even the person she has loved forever. Tyler is heartbroken but chooses to stay by Bayleigh and support her no matter what she thinks she wants. When Ryan Tyler’s brother comes back after leaving a few years ago he admits that he loves Bayleigh. What about what Bayleigh wants? Does she want one of these brothers? Will the feeling they both have for the same girl be the breaking point? Can these three survive anot
She Hearts Books
Oct 05, 2015 She Hearts Books rated it really liked it
Everything in Bay's life changes in a moment of terror. My heart just broke for her. Tyler stood by her loving her through it, but she made the decision to let him go as she didn't want to hold him back. I loved that he never gave up on her even when she pushed him away. They make the choice to try again when he leaves town for work. Then his brother Ryan comes back into her life and makes her feel things that she wasn't expecting, but he has a secret of his own.

This story was heart wrenching a
Becky Rendon
Dec 13, 2015 Becky Rendon rated it it was amazing
Love is messy

The concept of being in love with two people at the same time was always a difficult concept for me to handle. I hated love triangles until I read a book that explain it as soul mates and love. If I hadn't read that series before this book, I would be even more angry than I am now.

Bayleigh has been through a lot and can't seem to get her head above water. Tyler has loved her through it all and does everything he can to try and make it better.

Bay and Tyler were in love. She loves him
Yi Le
Dec 14, 2015 Yi Le rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Something terrible happened to Bayleigh some time ago and she has still not recovered from it. She pushed away everyone, stayed at home all the time, and even broke up with her long-time boyfriend, Tyler Scott. He’s not ready to let her go, and will do anything to help her, but sometimes, it’s just really hard. He’s waiting for her, always will, but has to leave for a while for work in California.

Ryan Scott left years ago when he felt responsible for the tragedy that struck the woman he loves,
Kimberly
Oct 14, 2015 Kimberly rated it really liked it
I met this author and model at Naughty Nashville and they are just awesome!!

Onto the book......

Where do i even start?! I loved this book and the characters in it. But.....I was starting to get frustrated with Bay.. ALOT!!! I loved Ryans character and Ty's. I know it must have been hard for all of them but i don't know if i could forgive Tyler so easily. I think he should have been there the whole time! It's going to be hard to wait for the next book!
Ginnie
Oct 16, 2015 Ginnie rated it it was amazing
Wow! Amazing

This was my first book by this author and I cannot wait to read the next book in the series.

This book was an emotional roller coaster ride but I loved every minute of it. Two brothers who love the same girl and one girl who loves them both equally but differently.

There are a lot of tough parts to this book but it was beautifully written even though the subject matter was so difficult.

Glad I found S Moose.

Jennifer Goncalves
Oct 20, 2015 Jennifer Goncalves rated it it was amazing
Words cannot describe my feelings after reading Offbeat but I'll try. Torn, heartbroken, hopeful, sad, mad...those are a few words to help put my feelings into words. Don't get me wrong, I loved it and cannot wait for Even Rhythm. I can't just wait for it...I'm dying for it!!
S Moose is an amazing writer and I love all of her work!
Lisa Gerkey **Romance Book Nerd blog**
Twin brothers, Tyler and Ryan are both in love with Bayleigh. Because of past events Bayleigh pushes one away while she pulls the other closer. Bayleigh believes there are two kinds of love, the forever kind and the always kind.
The only thing that I didn’t like about this book is the cliffhanger…but I knew it was there and as soon as I finish writing this review, you can bet that I will be reading the next book. S. Moose has a style with her writing that I really love. She also ripped my heart o
Danielle Pullen
Apr 05, 2016 Danielle Pullen rated it liked it
The storyline is wonderful! A forever love and an always love, what a beautiful outlook on relationships. Tyler/Bayleigh/Ryan are beautiful. I loved the characters.

I had an issue with editing mistakes and lack of consistency throughout the story. It felt incoherent at times, some transitions were missing. Details within a scene were not consistent.
Seeshel kettler
Oct 06, 2015 Seeshel kettler rated it it was amazing
Wow that was a fantastic story. 2brothers loving the same girl! Awesome! Bay and Tyler have a horrible event change their future but Brother Ryan won't let go. The three of them fight their feelings and make bad choices that come back to haunt them and damage Bay and Ty future. Can't wait for book 2
  • Damaged Pieces (Cape Isle, #2)
  • Anywhere But Here (Anywhere, #1)
  • SNAP (The SNAP Trilogy #1)
  • Ridin' Dirty (Beautifully Dirty, #2)
  • Forget Me Not 1: Deceived
  • Shattered and Shaken (Shaken, #1)
  • Lasting Attraction (Cassie, #3)
  • Apartment 21: Part 1 (Erotic Romance Novella Serial, #1)
  • Damaged Perfection (Perfection, #1)
  • Unwritten (Unwritten, #1)
  • Olivia's Ride (Sawyer Brothers Book 4)
  • Covered in Coal (Buried Secrets, #1)
  • Ending With Forever
  • Lincoln Hospital (The Trauma Series #1)
  • Beneath the Layers (Duology #1)
  • Seeing White (The White Trilogy #1 )
  • Bend Me  (Absolution, #1)
  • The One Addicted (The One Trilogy, #2)
S.Moose is a New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author, living in Webster, NY with her family, friends, and shorkie, Charlie.

A 2011 St. John Fisher graduate, S.Moose loves to read and write. She enjoys getting lost in the fictional world and creating a place where readers can fall in love and swoon over the cute boys she brings to life. When she isn't in her room in front of her computer or
More about S. Moose...

Offbeat (2 books)
  • Even Rhythm (Offbeat #2)

“The thing is . . . Sometimes love isn’t enough; the most powerful feeling in the world, the one feeling people want to experience, just can’t fix everything.” 0 likes