Start by marking “Mutiny of the Heart (Romancing the Pirate, #4)” as Want to Read:
Mutiny of the Heart (Romancing the Pirate, #4)

Mutiny of the Heart

(Romancing the Pirate #4)

Captain Joelle Quint believes the slave claiming to be a cartographer can help her decipher the map her father left her when she was a child. She's spent years trying to unlock its truths, hoping that i
Kindle Edition
Published June 23rd 2014 by Carina Press (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Mutiny of the Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mutiny of the Heart

Janell Sutherland
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
I don’t usually read pirate books because they seem filled with alpha males and silly pirate talk and poor hygiene. I chose this book because it had a woman pirate captain, and I was curious if that situation would be believable. I’m here to tell you that I totally bought it, from corsets to cannon balls, and I might be willing to give pirate books another chance.

Captain Joelle Quint is smart, tough, and capable. Her crew respects and obeys her, and she has a subordinate-with-benefit
Hannah
Jul 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Mutiny of the Heart is the fourth book in Jennifer Bray-Weber's Romancing the Pirate series. I wasn't to impressed with it. I enjoyed the overall story but the little lover's triangle between Joelle, Sloan and Valeryn kind of ruins it for me, I dislike lover's triangles. I liked the role reversal, Captain Joelle Quint and her captive Sloan Ricker. It kind of reminded me of that Geena Davis movie Cutthroat Island but with sex and Joelle is a much better pirate with a very loyal crew.

J
Literary  Chanteuse
Sep 07, 2014 marked it as histfic-pirates
For a star rating and full review please visit InD'tale magazine online, Oct 2014 issue. http://www.indtale.com/reviews/histor...
Heather C
I came across this book late one night when I was looking for something new and different.  So I pretty much grabbed this on a whim not realizing it was book 4 of the Romancing the Pirate series…not that it even matters because it can totally be read as a stand alone.

What grabbed my interest? A FEMALE PIRATE CAPTAIN PURCHASING A MALE SLAVE!  What’s not to love, right?

For years, Captain Joelle Quint has been trying to interpret a map left to her by her father, hoping that
Laura Greenwood
Aug 23, 2016 rated it really liked it

Title: Mutiny of the Heart
Series: Romancing the Pirate (#4)
Author: Jennifer Bray-Weber
From: Netgalley
Genre: Historical Romance, Pirates
Release Date: 23rd June 2014
Challenges: 2016 Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge, 2016 Blogger Shame, Summer COYER 2016
Links: Goodreads - Amazon
Synopsis (from Goodreads): Navigating the high seas as the female captain of a pirate ship means always being on your guard--especially when one takes a temptingly handsome slave on board. Capta
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Rating 3 1/2 Stars
Posted on What I'm Reading

Today I bring you a swashbuckling tale called Mutiny of the Heart by Jennifer Bray-Weber. Seriously, I love using that word, anyway. In this tale we find pirates. YAY! However, what the blurb doesn't tell you is there is a love-triangle. What, what, what! Do you know I detest a love-triangles? Here's why you always get a loser. Granted it's a great lead to a new story, but it's an emotional drainer. It just wreaks havoc on a person. Don't get me wro
Heather andrews
May 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ricker sure is a demanding man, "take off your clothes, Joelle, or I'll rip them off." Her jaw tightened, her brow climbed at his command. "Now, Joelle." He's also a needy thing as well, "you'd better be sure, Joelle." In one swift move that even surprised Ricker, he pinned her hands on either side of her head and straddled her. "Unlike before, once you've given yourself to me, you'll be mine." Joelle she's set in her ways and won't change for anyone even a jealous man like Ricker, "I care for h ...more
Terri
Jan 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I was given this book by the author in exchange for an honest review. It's not my usual reading material, but wasn't a waste of my time at all. The book was about a female pirate captain who buys a male slave that she believes can help her read a map that her father left her. Along the journey there are pirate battles, awesome sexual encounters (Joelle lets Sloan be master for a change), kidnapping, treasure hunts and love. What more could you ask for?
InD'tale Magazine
Immersed in action, mystery, adventure and romance, the reader is easily swept away to the Carribean in the 1770's and will be enraptured with every word.

Read full review in the 2014 October issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Sarah Andre
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Such great lingo, high seas action and pirate descriptions that I felt as if I'd sunk into a swashbuckling film. Surprised Disney hasn't noticed this author and her spirited female pirate captain! The love triangle was an unexpected delight, and the ultimate goal of finding 'treasure' with a map lent a sweetness to the character. Highly entertaining read!
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This author just gets better and better. Always a treat to read her novels, Jennifer Bray- Weber does not disappoint with her fourth book in the Romancing the Pirate series, Mutiny of the Heart. Nice play on the love triangle theme with a believable strong heroine, this book has all the passion, action and fast paced plot twist you have come to expect when you indulge in her work!
Elizabeth GlamShazam
Oh, pirates. More specifically, sexy lady captain pirate and her oddball, loveable crew. Sometimes a woman just wants a bite of candy, you know? This was silly fun, and a nice way to spend an afternoon.
Judy McDonough
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As always, Jennifer Bray-Weber delivers an action-packed, swashbuckling, steamy-hot pirate adventure. Hot characters with enough personality to make one sweat with a simple glance. Sloan Ricker. . .*sigh* Makes me want to commandeer a ship. . .
Carlwn47
Claudia
Feb 10, 2015
Chrisanne Penn
Feb 15, 2015
Award-winning author Jennifer Bray-Weber is a proud native Texan. She is a married domestic goddess and a stay-at-home mom to two beautiful daughters. Never one to back away from a dare, she has been able to express her creative thinking through countless questionable, often hilarious, life experiences.

Her interests include writing, reading, traveling (what she likes to call "research"

Romancing the Pirate (6 books)
  • Bring Me the Horizon (Romancing the Pirate, prequel)
  • Blood and Treasure (Romancing the Pirate, #1)
  • A Kiss in the Wind (Romancing the Pirate, #2)
  • Beneath The Water's Edge (Romancing the Pirate, #2.5)
  • The Siren's Song (Romancing the Pirate, #3)