Start by marking “What Doesn't Destroy Us (The Devil's Dust, #1)” as Want to Read:
What Doesn't Destroy Us (The Devil's Dust, #1)

What Doesn't Destroy Us

(The Devil's Dust #1)

When Dani's sheltered life is turned upside down by her mother's secrets, she finds protection with her estranged outlaw father. Against all warnings, she falls for bad boy biker, Shadow. He is beast and beauty sealed in a leather cut with a gun holster. Can Dani learn to live within the Club rules? Is she more like her father than she could imagine?

Shadow has grown up amo
Published June 26th 2014 by CreateSpace (first published June 22nd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about What Doesn't Destroy Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Doesn't Destroy Us

Reaper's Property by Joanna WyldeMotorcycle Man by Kristen AshleyUndeniable by Madeline SheehanOwn the Wind by Kristen AshleyReaper's Legacy by Joanna Wylde
Bikers
1,417 books — 2,727 voters
Reaper's Property by Joanna WyldeMotorcycle Man by Kristen AshleyUndeniable by Madeline SheehanReaper's Legacy by Joanna WyldeOwn the Wind by Kristen Ashley
Motorcycle MC
647 books — 1,314 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of What Doesn't Destroy Us (The Devil's Dust, #1)
Candace
It's been quite some time since I've read a biker romance and this one did not disappoint. This is the first book I've read by M. N. Forgy and I was pleasantly surprised. This book was suspenseful and sexy!

Dani has grown up under the over-controlling reign of her mother. Every detail of her life has been manipulated to mold her into her mother's vision of the perfect, proper lady. Even as a young adult, Dani has little control over her life.

When her mother witnesses something she shouldn't have,
Denisa
Free on Amazon, 05.28.17

Meh

Free book, yay! (there should be a special font for sarcastic comments).
I dunno why I expected a free read to be a good one. The female character was so damn annoying, I wanted to kick her ass a few times, she acts like a little princess and gets all hurt every time something happens. Then she turns around and does something completely out of character. It was so confusing.

The action felt clipped like I was reading more than one book at a time.

Luckily, the male charact
Erth
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What Doesn’t Destroy Us has been on my TBR for months and I could kick myself in the ass for that. This book/ series blew me away and I highly recommend everyone to give it a chance even if you are not a fan of MC romances…just trust me and read it! By 10% I was “in“, so caught up in this story that I knew I had hit gold.
* Meli Mel *

♥♥♥ 2.5 Stars ♥♥♥

Hmm...That's what I said when I finished reading this book. I didn't know how to feel about it. Some parts I kind of liked, but others I just didn't care for.

The story starts off with Dani and her mother running away from New York, because of some threat they have on their lives. With very little explanation, Dani's mother takes her to the Devil's Dust MC, where she will finally meet her father. I did not like her mother from pretty much the start. She withheld information, w
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
MY RATING: ☆☆☆☆☆ "What Doesn't Destroy Us" by M.N.Forgy

SEX.BLOOD.LOVE.BETRAYAL.REVENGE!!

☆ Complimentary copy provided by the author "M.N.Forgy" in exchange for an honest review ☆

I fucking loved this!! I could not put it down!! And yep slight cliffy for all you girls who just love them this has one!! Damnit!!
I Am so hanging out for book 2!! All you biker chicks as soon as this becomes live click that fukka!! Like me you will be blown away by this book!! This had everything a biker book shoul
Jen
I don't even really know what to say without my review coming across like a bitchfest. This was a book that I had trouble getting through. I almost gave up more than once; but because I am a curious person, I have a hard time not finishing a story. Quite frankly, something happened around the 64% mark and I had to keep going!!! The bottom line is that I found the characters all to be extremely bipolar...and I don't mean even from one scene to the next. I am talking about a few sentences to the n ...more
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo Free Re xB by sb_zpsiu4dgdux.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (11/18/2015)

Book 1 in series. Book 3 has different H/h.

BLURB:

Shadow has grown up among drug addicts, whores and murderer
✿kawehi.reviews
Apr 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
"Lust like a saint, trust like a sinner."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Two individuals: broken in nature and products of jaded pasts. Now fighting to claim their own futures, will Dani and Shadow take a chance to forever take hold of their own destinys?

But with danger, secrets, temptation, and sin lurking in the air,

Can they be what sets each other free? Or be the trigger to what destroys them?

“You bring me out of my darkness. When I tried to push you away, I felt the need to do it; helpless and out of control.”

Debra

★★★☆ 3.5 Stars!

Review to come.

**ARC kindly provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review**
Sláinte Wanderlust
Tough going but loads of drama, so while parts were extremely trying.. others were quite gripping.. then there was the cliff hanger (super duper one at that!) that made me scream!

~ Becs ~
Apr 03, 2014 marked it as to-read
Now this looks dark and edgy!!!
Anna M.
Predictable and poorly written. It doesn't compare with any other books of this genre I've read, so I don't want to waste my time.
Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
*** 3 "Firefly" Stars ***

photo destroy_zpsntgzyl1i.jpg

This book annoyed me so many times I am actually quite impressed with myself that I finished this book. It is a good thing I did because the ending of this book totally had me smiling. I was waiting for this twist the entire book and I can say I NEVER saw it coming in so well done on the ending MN Forgy.

The previous 85% book.....meh. Not much to say.
Girl lives with mom the BITCH OF THE CENTURY.
Mom gets in trouble with her current life.
Mom takes daughter and runs t
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
Sex on wheels...

The Devil's Dust MC had my full attention from beginning to end, this series is a winner and I can't wait for more, especially since the author left me hanging.

Being that Dani wasn't raised in the MC lifestyle the readers have the benefit of learning the biker lingo and the rules with her. She was raised by a very controlling mother that really sheltered her, so I absolutely loved watching her come out of her shell and do it in a biker environment. I was cheering her on, yelling
Tzelina
4 🌟
I loved this!! I was hooked from the 1st chapter!!!!
It's been a while since I've read an MC story so I gave it shot and I am so happy for it!!
Last chapter was .......🔥
Cristina
What did I just read? Review to come. Just know I did NOT enjoy this one.
Brit
Advance Readers Copy (ARC) provided for my blog for an honest review by the author via blog tour THANK YOU

DNF at 40%

I tried my best to push through this book, I just didn't connect to the story or the characters. I also felt the plot could have been better. I love the cover it's what pulled me into this story and I also love a good MC book but this just fell flat to me.
LeeLee
Jun 14, 2014 marked it as dnf
I can't. I just can't. I honestly swear that I've tried reading the book, but it just made me want to chuck my phone on a rock.

I was expecting a lot from this book considering it has such a high reviews. But nope nope nope nope. My head sounds like a 5 year old is speaking. I can't connect to the main character because Dani is just plain stupid, naive girl.

Shadow has no qualities to him whatsoever.
Her mom, she acts like an 8 year old who has tempter tantrums.
Bull, there's no words for how stupi
~Dawn~TUG
Mar 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*copy received from author in exchange for beer..kidding a review! From us book hookers at http://www.twounrulygirls.com *

OMG that ending..one clicked book two..can't stop now!
Sakura
Starting this with a warning: CLIFFHANGER AHEAD
I went into this book thinking it was a stand alone so getting to that ending was a simultaneous punch to the gut and throat. Fortunately, I love me some cliffhangers. The wait definitely sucks though.
What Doesn
Dani’s world is shaken and rattled by her mom’s abrupt decision to up and leave New York. Covered in blood and in a state of disarray, Sadie tells her daughter they have to leave immediately and seek refuge with Bull’s MC. Dani’s questions about he
Di Covey/TwistedBookReviews
Dec 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Free copy kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

4 "Sex on Wheels" Stars!

My first book by M.N. Forgy, this will not be my last.

MC Fans will definitely love this one. I might have to admit that I like biker books more than I thought. There were a few cliche things I didn't care for, but all in all I enjoyed this one. It's been a couple of days and a few books later and I'm still thinking about the story, that alpha-dark-possessive Shadow, and how everything will play
Deborah
Sep 11, 2015 rated it liked it

Promising first in series 3.5 stars.

I didn't realise when I started this that it was part one and a cliffhanger, my fault, I should have checked it does says #1 and normally I'd check the blurb, reviews and next book but I couldn't settle on a book and after dismissing several I stuck with this.
I loved the idea behind this, the fact that Bull the President of the Devils Dust MC has a daughter he didn't know about and for the most parts I enjoyed the book. There's so many reviews I'll skip my usu
Āwhina
Jun 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Reviewer for Kitty Kats Crazy About Books

Throws 5 stars at this fukker and stomps off for a much needed coffee and ciggy...

What. A. F.U.C.K.I.N.G Ending! I don't know whether to give a standing ovation or start balling cause' now I gotta wait for the next book to find out what freakn' happens! Soooo didn't see that coming... FUCK YEAH!!!

What Doesn't Destroy Us is one of THE BEST Biker/MC books I have read, the Cliffy will most definitely have you pulling your hair out or thowing ur iPad/
Chantal
Apr 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to read an ARC of this book and I loved it!
Doris
Nov 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Finally a decent read, enjoyed this one. On to the next.
Michelle [Helen Geek]
06/27/2014 --

1 Star. Pretty awful. Insta-love and a nothing story. I'm returning this one.

You may like this one better than I did. Hope you do. It was a stinker for me.

Happy Reading!
-C-
Jun 09, 2014 rated it liked it
She's Heaven, I'm Hell.
When we're together
angels cry and Hell freezes over.
Shweta Choudhary
Jun 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow...Wow.... I loved this book. It was so so good. I am falling in love with MC books. and the end? damn it! I want the second book!!
Natalie
Jun 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Cindy
Mar 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Really enjoying this series. Writing is a little loose in spots, like the story and the characters are amazing.

• Duke (Fallen MC, #1)
  • Hell's Knights (The MC Sinners, #1)
  • Ravage Me (Ravage MC, #1)
  • Renegade Lady (Renegade Sons MC, #1)
  • Magnum (Rugged Skulls MC, #1)
  • Seduce Me (Ravage MC, #2)
  • Riot (Predators MC, #1)
  • Hawk's Property (Insurgents MC #1)
  • One Ride: Hellions Motorcycle Club
  • Seize Me (Breakneck, #1)
  • Inflame Me (Ravage MC, #4)
  • Nyx (A Dark and Dirty Sinners' MC Series, #1)
  • Razer's Ride (The Last Riders, #1)
  • Washed In Blood (Heaven's Guardians MC, #1)
  • Betting on Forever (Battle Born MC #1)
  • Trigger (Devil's Reach, #1)
  • Bash (Kings of Carnage MC, #2)
  • Precarious (Jokers' Wrath MC, #1)
M.N. Forgy was raised in Missouri where she still lives with her family. She's a soccer mom by day and a saucy writer by night. M.N. Forgy started writing at a young age but never took it seriously until years later, as a stay-at-home mom, she opened her laptop and started writing again. As a role model for her children, she felt she couldn't live with the "what if" anymore and finally took a chan ...more

The Devil's Dust (5 books)
  • The Scars That Define Us (The Devil's Dust, #2)
  • The Fear That Divides Us (The Devil's Dust, #3)
  • The Lies Between Us (The Devil's Dust, #4)
  • What Might Kill Us (The Devil's Dust #5)

News & Interviews

“She's Heaven, I'm Hell.
When we're together
angels cry and Hell freezes over.
-Shadow”
32 likes
“He leans his face next to my ear, his breath smelling of chocolate making me want him more. I moan, my body defying the warnings in my mind. “You can try and act like you don’t want me, that you have control,” he breathes into my ear as he thrusts his groin harder against me. He's still pulling my hair, making me arch my back. He slowly pulls his hips away and my ass thrusts itself against his groin trying to regain contact. The action takes me by surprise. Shadow lets out a vicious laugh. 'But your body can’t lie,' he nips my earlobe making me practically come on the spot, the pain shooting to my toes making them curl with pleasure, 'you have no power.'” 10 likes