Start by marking “An Heiress for All Seasons (The Debutante Files, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
An Heiress for All Seasons (The Debutante Files, #1.5)

An Heiress for All Seasons

(The Debutante Files #1.5)

When a holiday blizzard brings together a pair of reluctant lovers, the result threatens their reputations … and may cost them their hearts.

Feisty and independent American heiress Violet Howard swears she'll never wed a crusty British aristocrat. Will, the Earl of Merlton, is determined to salvage his family's fortune without succumbing to a marriage of convenience.

But whe
Published November 4th 2014 by Avon Impulse

To ask other readers questions about An Heiress for All Seasons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Heiress for All Seasons

Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie

Are you planning to let me up any time soon?"
His gaze crawled over her face. "Perhaps I'll stay like this forever. I rather like the feeling of you on top of me."

Skippity hop hop and SQUEE!
That's me after reading this lovely little novella. Not surprisingly, after I finished read A Good Debutante's Guide To Ruin by Sophie Jordan I immediately started the novella about Will and Violet. Will, is Declan's cousin, he's an Earl... a very poor Earl but nevertheless still an Earl which is enough for
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Yet another "meh" read from Sophie Jordan. It's sweet and romantic and all, but Violet is a bit of a judgmental, assuming twit. And Will, despite wanting Sophie to open up to him, can't be bothered to open up to her. Jordan's heroines are always such downers that it's really hard to enjoy the book, no matter how swoony the hero may be. They make bad choices and stupid decisions, and are always falling prey to that most stereotypical of feminine foibles, the irrational indecision. Her heroines ma ...more
kris
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
Violet Howard is not pretty, but she's rich! Will, Earl of Merlton, is not rich, but he's an Earl! According to their mothers, THE MATH CHECKS OUT FOR MARRIAGE, BABY. Except Violet wants to marry for LURVE and Will......has some boners for Violet: he's on board. Will Will's boners be enough to convince Violet to bone him and only him for the rest of their lives??? Probably.

1. This was fine. I mean: it's not going to light anyone's pants on fire especially because Violet's back and forth motivat
Alyssa

Publisher: Avon
Publication Date: November 4, 2014
Rating: 4 stars
Source: eARC from Edelweiss

***Warning: this is an adult book, and for the eyes of mature readers***

Summary (from Goodreads):

Feisty and independent American heiress Viol
Julie
An Heiress for all Seasons by Sophie Jordan is a 2014 Avon Impulse publication. I was provided a copy of this book for review purposes by the publisher and Edelweiss.

I love holiday themed books. This is a charming novella set during the Christmas season which tells the story of Violet, an American heiress being shopped by her mother in hopes of marrying her off to a titled gentleman.

When Violet developed a crush on her father's man of business , her parents decided it was time to move Violet i
Angelc
Dec 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

My favorite thing about this book is that it's advertised as a Christmas novella, and it actually is very Christmas-y! All the snowy scenes are just perfect! It makes you want to snuggle up in front of the fire with a blanket and pretend you're at a holiday house party, too!

That being said, I didn't love the romance in this one. On one hand, I loved that Will was totally into Violet and let everyone know how interested he was. He didn't hide his feelings at all. It was so cute to see th
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
rating: 3.75/5

review to come.
Emily S.
Meh. Kind of a disappointment. The ending was rushed and felt WAY too easy.
Lucy Qhuay
Aug 09, 2014 rated it liked it

This is a nice, quick read for those who liked the first book in the series, A Good Debutante's Guide to Ruin.

This time our Will, the Earl of Merlton and our dear Amelia's older brother, has to fight for his chance at happiness and how he has to fight. Violet is not an easy prey and I must say she annoyed me sometimes, but all in all, I think she was a good match for Will.

Now, Aurelia, I'm waiting for you and Max. That is going to be one hell of a story!

---------
Violet? I thought Will's lady lov
Molly
Dec 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fun, short, over the top sweet!
WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker
Crystal
Oct 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
I love this book SO much. Will definitely gives Logan a run for his money as my favorite Sophie Jordan guy...swoon!!!
Quinn's Book Nook
Cute. I liked Will. Violet was okay. Full Review soon.
Laura the Highland Hussy
Review posted on Got Fiction?

***Some spoilers ahead***

I really liked the start of this story, but the heroine felt as if she started out one way, then became a nervous, naive, priss, then 5 seconds later she's burning up with lust. I feel like I got whiplash from the back and forth with Violet.

The story starts out with Violet and her mother on their way to the Earl of Merlton's castle for Christmas, and Violet is annoyed that her mom dragged her from her happy life in America to hunt for a husba
Becca
Oct 13, 2014 rated it liked it
This was the first piece I have read by Sophie Jordan and it will not be my last. An Heiress for All Season was not the best novella I have read, but it was decent and whetted my appetite for more.

Violet is an American heiress. Will is an impoverished British Earl. I'm sure you can see where this is going. They are set up by their matchmaking mommas and when Will finds himself actually attracted to Violet (he was not tempted by other heiresses) he decides to propose. I thought the chemistry was
Oct 12, 2014 rated it liked it
I know that in many novellas the time frame is super short and there's not a whole lot of depth in the characters just because of the page count. However, I've read a few where there's enough character development and enough description to feel that it's a complete story. In "An Heiress For All Seasons", everything happens so fast and you're just like blinded by how quickly the lust, games, and love happens. I sort of viewed this story like a fairy tale, realistically in Romancelandia, things ha ...more
Farrah
Oct 18, 2014 rated it liked it
A sweet historical romance novella, An Heiress for All Seasons was a lovely read. It was a quick, light, and enjoyable book that I quite liked.

Violet was an okay heroine. On one hand she was independently minded and determined to marry someone who loved her for herself. On the other, I felt like she unfairly judged Will. At first, I could understand why she thought he was a fortune hunter. But, later, after she had fallen for him, I got annoyed that she persisted in thinking that way despite how
Kimia Safavi
Sep 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Sweet Holiday Novella

An Heiress For All Seasons is a short and sweet holiday novella. Sophie Jordan writes amazing stories with great characters and plots. Will and Voilet holiday romance, in the castle and snow is like a fairy tale with a perfect hero. Voilet is a strong-willed American heiress who is determined to never marry a British title and Will, the Earl of Merlton finally decided to save his family by marrying the first heiress whom he actually desires. It is an enjoyable and sweet holi
☽ Rhiannon ✭ Mistwalker ☾
I liked this - the heroine is not truly plain, just believes herself to be. She thinks the only reason a man like the hero would want her is her dowry. I would have preferred a full-length novel to draw out the delicious angst! (3.5 stars)
Chris
I think that Will's story can be lengthen more than this. I like Will and thought he will be given a big break. But this tale is still delicious if you can tolerate sometimes the stupidity of heroine. She's ok but not a really match for Will, if I say so myself.
Lubnaa (Romance Library)
After being disappointed with the first book in this series, I decided to keep my expectations low for this novella, but it turns out, I did not really have to.

In contrast to the first book, I really enjoyed the romance and chemistry between Will and Violet. I loved that Will knew right away that Violet is the bride he wanted. He wasted no time and tried to woo her.

I think that Violet could have been more trusting and less paranoid, if only she had communicated with Will clearly and vice versa.
Olanrewaju Olarinde
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Will deserves more than a novella but it was a very interesting one.
The story itself was pretty basic with the hero wanting the heroine and she was refusing hia advances due to the fact that she believed herself in love with another and the hero wanted her for her money.
But she lost her money and true love still conquered.
Ashley
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I went back to reading my regular fare at bedtime. MISTAKE, PEOPLE. I didn't sleep well. So I went back to reading some good ole fashioned trashy romance and BOOM, except for the kid waking me up, I slept like a baby.
Sandra R
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great writing, a steamy romance and an interesting story set around Christmas. However, I think a lot happened in this small novella and the romance to me felt rushed - it would have been a much more fulfilling read if it had been several chapters longer.
Taje-rae Grissom
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved it, but the book felt rushed and short. Of course it was a 1.5 but it had to do with a different character, so I do not know why Sophie Jordan made this book short.
Billie
Sep 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Very cute story, sad it was just a novella.
Karen Darling
Sep 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Good
Jordan
Apr 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Some novellas would be improved given more pages, but I don't think this is one of them. It's pretty simple. But, I was entertained for a bit, so it serves its purpose. 2.5 stars rounded up.
ReadWithE

• How the Dukes Stole Christmas
  • The Winter Wife
  • At the Christmas Wedding
  • A Lady of Expectations and Other Stories
  • The Viscount and the Vixen (Hellions of Havisham, #3)
  • All I Want for Christmas Is a Duke
  • Season for Scandal (Holiday Pleasures, #3)
  • The Christmas Secret  (The Secrets of Hadley Green, #1.5)
  • The Earl with the Secret Tattoo (House of Brady, #1.5)
  • Five Golden Rings: A Christmas Collection
  • A Christmas Dance
  • Gift of Desire
  • All I Want For Christmas is a Duke
  • No Groom at the Inn (Dukes Behaving Badly, #2.5)
  • The Earl Claims a Bride (The Heirs' Club of Scoundrels, #2)
  • Christmas Miracles
Pseudonym:
Sharie Kohler

Sophie Jordan took her adolescent daydreaming one step further and penned her first historical romance in the back of her high school Spanish class. This passion led her to pursue a degree in English and History.

A brief stint in law school taught her that case law was not nearly as interesting as literature - teaching English seemed the natural recourse. After several years

The Debutante Files (2 books)
  • A Good Debutante's Guide to Ruin (The Debutante Files, #1)
  • All the Ways to Ruin a Rogue (The Debutante Files, #2)
“Hall nestled, stretched out like a sleeping beast.” 0 likes