Start by marking “Scandal (Scandal, #1)” as Want to Read:

3.58  ·  Rating details ·  126 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
Secrets.

Spies.

Everyone lies.

Katherine, the Duchess of Hampshire, is a liar. Her marriage is one of convenience. Of necessity. But it's becoming increasingly difficult to remind herself of this when she's in the company of her enigmatic husband John and his lover, an artist by the name of Henry Fletcher.

Everything changes between the three of them after an otherwise unevent
Published August 2014

Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
EDIT: IT HAS A COVER!!!!!

As you guys may have noticed, I don't read erotica, and I'm not a fan of M/F/M romances. I am not homophobic, nor am I against the enjoyment of sexuality (I'm not exactly a Puritan, in case you can't tell from my constant use of profanity). It's just that I know what turns me on, and I know what I enjoy. I'm a traditionalist in that sense. I like commitment and monogamy in my relationships. I don't like reading about love triangles. I don't care about anything dealing wi
☆☽Erica☾☆
YOOOOOOOOO NAVESSA

This was actually really, REALLY good. I love this author's reviews here on goodreads, so should have expected that she'd be a great writer but I wasn't prepared as to how much so.

First of all, the sex was fucking phenomenal (pun intended). Good lord. I loved how consent was such a huge, important element for the relationship as well. Every step in the sexual exploration process everyone would check to see if their partner/partners are comfortable and interested in what's going
Erica Ravenclaw
Mar 31, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: do-want
Allen has been feeding me this chapter by chapter, and each and every time I do this:

photo anigif_enhanced-buzz-16173-1390870137-2_zps454ce19b.gif

Also, DO WANT.

photo 8717388_zpsd6c5f3e7.gif
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
4.5 Love A Good Menage Stars

The higher you rise, the further you may fall...

This is something that Lady Katherine, the Duchess of Hampshire and her husband are about to find out really soon. Katherine, Kit to her friends, married her husband, John, the Duke of Hampshire, out of convenience. Their marriage was never a romantic affair since John is very much in love with his lover, a famous artist by the name Henry Fletcher. Khit has been supressing every aspect of her character in public so the
Liz* Fashionably Late
THIS BOOK WAS A PROBLEM

First of all, you should know my rating is always subjective but today is only intuition and nothing more. I've never read erotica and I'm not planning to do it in the future. Not my cup of tea. Add F/M/M and M/M and after a few chapters I was like:

I didn't know... is that... you think I could too... tell me more.

After that first strong impression, I tried to focus in the story. (I didn't know erotica could actually tell a story) For the first half, Kit was a pain in the a
Robin (Bridge Four)
Confession, I read my fair share of smut. I love it and I’m totally fine to admit that. However, before starting this book with some of my other favorite smut peddlers here on Goodreads I hadn’t ever read anything with a threesome *hangs head in shame* all my experience had strictly been M/F. I foolishly thought I didn’t like them or that they were degrading. I WAS SO WRONG!!! I absolutely positively loved the relationship that developed between Kit, John and Henry. I am now totally a M/F/M M/M ...more
*tsk tsk* I'm doing that thing, again, where I start reviewing before I'm done the story.... spank me.

I have been loving this smutty little piece of intrigue since page one! That's a treat for me because I'm not a big fan of erotic fiction.

Let's take a minute here to talk about sexual shame, okay? (I seem to be doing these little side blurbs a lot lately o.O) I know it's a thing, I have it, hell most of the world has it....

Okay?! Sex, sexuality and sexual kinks are NOTHING to be ashamed of!! L
Navessa
Mar 31, 2014 marked it as my-works  ·  (Review from the author)
Published as a web serial on my website.
Magadored wants to extrude your face normals
Please excuse this scatterbrained "analysis." I finished this book a week ago and have since read two more books. To be honest, this book didn't leave much of an impression on me so it doesn't help that I waited to review.

Scandal tells the story of Katherine (AKA Kit,) an olden tyme politician's wife, who has resigned herself to a loveless marriage with a mighty fine gay man named John. John likes to flower the dirty pipe with Henry, another hunk of sizzling beefsteak, who is also an artist wit
Becki
HOLY FUCKING CRAP BALLS!!!

My emotions!! And my heart, oh my poor heart. I have had two heart attacks and countless palpations. Navessa do you know how awful it sounds that a 23 year old needs a pacemaker now after this.

where is book two. I need it NOW.
Angela
Review of original version that was available on author's website and Wattpad during writing. So this review is going to be obsolete - major rewrites are under way (I'm DYING with the need to read the revised story!!!). I can't wait to get my beta-read copy!!!

So, my original review (which I was a slacker in getting up) is going in a spoiler tag :P I'm going to pull my disclaimer out, because it applies no matter what.

Disclaimer: Navessa is one of my very, very close friends. I love and treasure
Paige
Sep 11, 2014 rated it did not like it

photo SOMEBODY SEDATE ME_zpsofcfjmg6.gif

The only reason I read this was because it came recommended by a friend acquaintance. I found it totally boring, anachronistic, unrealistic, and had the main character, quite frankly, grated on my last nerve. There is much more that was irritating, but I don't feel like bothering to write about it, because that would indicate that I care more than I do. There was nothing erotic about the erotic parts. And I confess, I had several cringe-worthy moments whilst reading them where I either vomited
Sara Hemenway
Edited to add that this review was of the first version the author posted on her website. She has since heavily edited it and is re-posting it, so I'm about to start reading that!!! :D

4.5 Stars!!!

I really enjoyed this. Like, REALLY REALLY.

I read it as Ms. Allen posted it chapter by chapter on her website, and I plan to read it again once it is edited and published this fall.

The characters are wonderfully crafted, the intrigue is gripping and the sex scenes are fricking HOT.

HOOOOOOOT.

If you enjo
Tyra
The only reason I read this in its entirety was because it was serialized. It was boring, anachronistic, unrealistic, and had a Mary Sue main character. There is much more that was irritating, but I don't feel like bothering to write about it, because that would indicate that I care more than I do. (Even the erotic bits were boring and cringeworthy, and not particularly hot.)
Geri Reads
Apr 02, 2014 marked it as to-read
I've read up to chapter 21. And I got to tell you, I cannot wait to read the whole thing.
Eva Rose
While this book tends to tip over towards the melodramatic I must say that there is a brilliant plot going here. I feel lukewarm towards Kit but the story has been weaved in such a way that I find it entertaining to read. I was teeny, tiny bit disappointed that Kit wasn't left widow, I was honestly waiting for John to die but he didn't.

I'll definitely read book 2.
Steph
** THERE MAY BE SPOILERS AHEAD. Read at your own risk. Peace out.

Very hot. Extremmmely hot. Oh em gee, like for srsly. Surprisingly hot, considering I'm generally pretty vanilla in the bedroom and have not previously been interested in exploring the vast world of flavours beyond vanilla.

And James? Damn, damn, DAMN. People, THIS is how you do a mysterious, dangerous character. The way he was described, the way he was portrayed, was so well done that it left me utterly fascinated. It was an un
Nisha
Apr 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
What? That's it? No, there must be more.
------

I read until Chapter 16, and I must say, that I really like it. Overall, the characters are fabulous, and the plot is, even for erotic, unique.

Katherine, the heroine, is knowingly married to Duke who is privately a gay man, and has accepted her lot in life. But there is a grain of dissatisfaction, and after 3 years of marriage...she is drawn into her husband and his lover's relationship. But the dimensions of this relationship run deeper than she kno
Aly is so frigging bored
Oh my god! Ms. Allen has written a compelling, emotional, delightful mystery set in the early 1800's. And I'm not saying this because I beta-read for her. You won't believe me until you try it which you really have to!

Sharon L
Apr 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Here is why you'd want to read this:

1. Its historical romance (and well done at that)- if you love those and even if you just love romance you'll probably enjoy it.

2. Its erotic- yes, there is sex, sex and sex. And damn, but its hot! Also there are all kinds of sex- m/m f/m m/f/m.

3. There is love and it shows. I mean, sex is great but a well done romance is better. And yes this is a love between three people and IT WORKS!

4. The guys are hot.

5. Each character has a personality of its own. The
Sarah Marie
Apr 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Sarah Marie by: the awesome people of GR
Scandal by Navessa Allen

4 stars

Katherine’s marriage is a lie. It’s one of convenience and not of love. She has a fire that burns to be explored and spending time with her husband, John, and his lover, Henry, have started to spurn her into flames. This story is definitely not the conventional historical romance. It features a ménage romance story in a very unconventional time to be frisky. This story is fun, enticing, and sweet. The writing kept me waiting anxiously for each chapter to be release

Melanie
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am not a huge fan of historical romances, but I devoured this book!

Seriously, this book changed my views on historical romances completely. Every one I've read before this has been about a prim and proper high ranking girl that falls in love with the bad boy/servant/gypsy. Boy oh boy, does this book break that mold.

I started reading this book for two reasons:
1)It's by one of my all time favorite Goodreads friends.
2)She has a free ARC website - Scandal.

This book completely enthralled me. I wou
Melissa Stacy
I've read the first six chapters of the revised edition of "Scandal" and I'm LOVING IT. Now I just need the rest of the chapters to be finished and uploaded so I can read the rest of the book.

You can read this novel for FREE on the author's website, at the link here: https://navessaallen.com/chapters/sca...

Just beware this book is addictive AF and you might stay up way too late reading. Sleep deprivation is a major hazard. If you need a snooze-fest definitely stay away from this book.
meghann
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Scandal. This was the first M/F/M book I've read, and I couldn't get enough. I read this book chapter by chapter as it was published on the author's website. Not an easy feat with some of those cliffhangers. I can't wait for this book to be published so I can purchase it and read it cover to cover. Also, I need to know where I can find a Henry and John of my own.
Kerri (Book Hoarder)
Apr 04, 2014 marked it as on-hold
:D
Aimee ~is busy sleeping~
Gahh, wanted to like this, I really did. But I found the smex very, very cringy. I also just wanted Kit out of the way.
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have been beta reading Scandal for months now and I have LOVED every single minute of it. It's only fair to say that I'm good friends with the author but I don't think I've let that fact bias me towards the story - this really is a BRILLIANT book!

I'm not really going to write a proper review now because I want to save that until I've read the finished, professionally edited version in a couple of months time but I do want to share just how fantastic this is and encourage you all to read it :o)
Cat
Feb 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I have only read 12 chapters of this book because it is currently being edited by Navessa Allen. That being said, I am in love with this story. Everything. About. It. My imagination is running wild with possibilities of the things to come. I feel like I can't pick up another book while waiting for more chapters. I almost feel like I would be cheating on my boys and Kit if I were to move on to another series right now. Because I am sure I wouldn't be as consumed by the next book in my tbr pile as ...more
Amy
Aug 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I don't like to rush authors because 1) that's just rude, man 2) they have lives and such, and 3) the writing process is different for everybody...and sort of a mysterious thing. And as Miracle Max says, "You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles."

So, I won't rush you, Navessa. I'm here whenever you're ready to lay those new chapters on me, tho.

« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Beta Reader Hangout 64 92 Jul 25, 2014 04:03AM
  • The Secrets of Mia Danvers (Dangerous Liaisons, #1)
  • Through the Smoke
  • Bound to Accept (Bound, #1)
  • The Darkest Frost, Vol. 2 (The Darkest Frost, #2)
  • A Certain Latitude
  • Silk
  • My Fair Concubine (Tang Dynasty, #3)
  • Her Rebel Heart
  • The Queen's Consorts
  • Her Husband's Lover (Scandalous Seductions, #5)
  • The Picture of Cool
  • Talking Trouble
  • Unnatural Selection (Unnatural Selection #1)
  • Forbidden Soul (Soul Reader, #2)
  • Daughter of Lust (For the Love of Evil, #1)
  • The Sinners Club (The Sinners Club, #1)
  • The Last Innocent Hour
  • Fallen
Navessa Allen was born and raised in New England. She is an avid reader, a manic writer, an attempted artist, an aeronautical engineer during weekdays, and an unapologetic feminist always.

She can be stalked on:
The Alliterates
Her website
Twitter
Facebook
Wattpad

Scandal (2 books)
  • Betrayal (Scandal, #2)
“Never attempt to apply logic to madness, for there is none; it is the nature of madness to be illogical.” 66 likes
“I wanted to throw off the chains that bound me and give my entire being to someone. I wanted to know what it felt like to love another so much that the whole world came crashing down around me when it ended. I wanted obsession. I wanted madness. I wanted something all-consuming. And now that I realized it, I didn’t think that I would ever be the same again. And that terrified me.” 17 likes