Start by marking “Rain Check” as Want to Read:
Rain Check

Rain Check

For Avery Montgomery, the devastation of losing her parents in a tragic accident has left her completely shattered. As she begins to pick up the pieces of her once perfect life, she uncovers a secret that will forever change her—she’s adopted!

In a search for answers, Avery ventures to Portland where she rents a room from Jonah, a quirky artist who quickly becom
Published May 28th 2014 by Gypsy Rae Choszer (first published May 27th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Rain Check, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rain Check

Geri Reads
Sep 10, 2017 rated it liked it
This was okay. A little dull and cliched but I quite enjoyed it.
Jena
Sep 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*I was givent this book for an honest review*

Rating: 4.5 stars

Wow, so this book was really good. But it was good in a way that is different than other books. It's subtle. I'm not saying anything bad about hte storyline but it wasn't anything that is unique in a phenomenal way. Even though I do love the story concept and the way it flowed. The story started off with Avery eperiencing the car crash that killed her parents, almost like a flashback or a dream. The next chapte
Maryanne/MA
Jun 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
My friend wrote this book! :)
Want to know the truth - I was scared that I wasn't going to like it and I'd have to lie to her. And, guess what!? I liked it a LOT!!! It's a fun, contemporary New Adult novel, with a great gay best friend. Every girl should have a Jonah! Who cares about the love interest, when there's Jonah! ;)
Kate
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
I've known Gypsy for several years and when I started reading this book I was a little worried. What if I didn't like it? Then what would I do? I should have known that I didn't have to worry. All the things that make Gypsy and awesome person come through in her writing and reading Rain Check felt like I was listening to Gypsy tell a story. She managed to take a story that could have taken a turn towards sadness and filled it with humor and hope.

Avery is an awesome lead character. She's been hu
Vanessa
Jun 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Rain Check is definitely worth having a book hangover for! Once I started reading I didn't want to put it down. The writing is flawless and keeps the story moving along at a steady pace. You feel for the lead character, Avery and the tragedy and turmoil that she's going through in her life. Of course all this is lightened with a little help from her friend and housemate, Jonah. I have decided that every woman should have a "Jonah" in their lives. I loved this book and highly recommend it. Can't ...more
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Jul 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: loved-it
I really thought after reading the first chapter that this was going to be a really emotional read. I was wrong. This was a brilliant read.

Avery is a really great strong character. She doesn't let her past pull her down which was great. Love Jonah. I really had some laugh out loud moments with them.

I thought this was a great read. Great laugh out loud moments and some Awww moments had me reading this in one sitting. I'll definitely be recommending this to my friends who like chick l
JBird831
Mar 11, 2015 rated it liked it
This was a cute quick read... Not a lot of angst or drama... I didn't really feel like I connected with the characters, although I did really like Jonah's character... Avery and Gabe were ok as a couple, something was missing... What happened to Gabe's dad?
InD'tale Magazine
All the angst of growing, changing, accepting and discovering are beautifully portrayed in this lovely novel!

Read full review in the 2014/2015 Holiday issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Jane DiGiovanni
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

This is a very well written romance novel. The characters are fantastc, not just the main ones. I really enjoyed reading this book.
Debbie Sharp
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amazing journey in Rain Check

A tragic beginning with a beautiful light at the end. I loved the characters, banter and down to earth reality. A hanky and smiles book.
My Secret Book Spot
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
“Rain Check” by Gypsy Rae Choszer
5 out of 5 stars

Emotional, moving, heartwarming, and delightful are all words I would use to describe “Rain Check” by Gypsy Rae Choszer. If that meets your criteria, then don’t hesitate over the buy button…just click it and get to reading!

The last few years have been traumatic for Avery. Looking for a fresh start and searching for a person she never knew about before has led her to Portland. Now she’s standing face to face with a new
Mandie Foxylutely
*Copy kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review

This was a sweet and enchanting new adult romance which was engaging from the start.

Avery has made her way to Portland to find her real mother after she found out she was adopted after her parent’s death in a car crash a few years before. However when she finds herself standing in front of the woman she now knows to be her birth mother, she finds she cannot confront her and ends up applying for a job working for h
We Said It: Literary Reviews  w/ Ts Blogging
Who doesn’t love watching a Chick Flick? Curling up on the sofa with a glass of wine and some popcorn in hopes of being buried into a story that will help you forget all about the things happening in your life. Well…that’s what Gypsy Rae’s, Rain Check, offers. This novel is similar to watching a great chick flick that will have you giggling, your eyes glossing with saddening tears, and your heart yearning for love along with a glimpse of hot sex.

Gypsy Rae doesn't waste any time telli
Laura Hampton
Jul 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read by Gypsy and I look forward to reading more of her work. I found Rain Check to be well written and I loved how strong Avery's character was, even after everything she had been through, she sets out to create a better life for herself. Added by her new roommate, Jonah, who I loved. Avery begins to set down new roots in Portland, hoping to connect with her birth mother. Before you know it she is working for her.

Enter Gabe, the gorgeous guy that Avery
Karen Morse
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*****Gypsy Rae Choszer's Rain Check was excellent.. I would recommend this must be book to everyone. It will have you laughing, crying and leave you wanting more. Its a book you wont be able to put down.

The detail and the way Ms Choszer writes has you feeling like your part of the story. Rain Check is sexy, hot and your emotions change through out the book it will have you laughing, feeling the love and chemistry to the main character Avery and Gabe and even have you shed a tear or t
Apr 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I cannot say enough good things about this book!!! Avery is totally relatable and dealing with some heavy stuff. Gabe is hunka-hunka fabulous but not afraid to do the right thing by telling her he has too much of his own stuff going on to be with her. Jonah is the best friend everyone wants to have. It has all the ingredients to be an angsty tear jerker but it isn't!!! Ms. Choszer takes a story that could be full of drama but fills it full of humor, which really is the best medicine, and some re ...more
Sassy Southern
Jul 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Loved this book. When I started reading I thought this was going to be a tear jerker for sure but I was so wrong. I laughed through most of the book and didn't want to put it down until it was done. The characters in this book were so real and natural it felt like they were people that I could have known in real life. If I am going to have a roommate I really hope he will be a lot like Jonah.. I loved him to death. This is a must read book and I will recommend to all my book loving friends.
Peggy
Jul 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*ARC FOR HONEST REVIEW*

This book grabbed my attention right from the start. As I was reading this book, it felt like I was watching a Lifetime Movie. It's reality feel of coping with tragic and loss and finding love, the reality of the emotions, all surreal! Very please with the talent that this author has and look forward to reading so much more from her!
Amelia  Zaffke
Aug 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was surprised by this book. I liked avery as a main character and I loved the dynamics of she had with her roommate and her birth mother. this book moves at a steady pace and you will have trouble putting it down.
Donna Beaucage
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Beautiful story of a girl name Avery , trying to find that place where you know you belong...... HOME .
Anita
Dec 01, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick and easy read. Some drama but not a lot. Jonah was a hoot. Would like to know what happened to Gabes dad....
Raya
Aug 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Love knowing the author when reading a text. THE RUSH, I am there for coffee every week. :)

Good story line, intense passion and a relaxing read.
Nick
Jul 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Until We Break
  • How To Liv
  • Wherever You Will Go (Try Again, #1)
  • Return to Newport (Return to Me, #2)
  • Leaving Flowers (Seeds of Tyrone, #1)
  • Second Chance Hero
  • Gay for Pay (All Cocks #1)
  • Safety In Numbers (Sizzling Miami #4)
  • A Lighter Shade of Blue (Kings of Chaos, #2)
  • Resurrecting Phoenix
  • My Mate Jack (Heated Beat #1)
  • Non Friction
  • Spurs & Stilettos
  • Saving Liam (Saving Liam, #1)
  • Fragment
  • How To Save A Life
  • The One Left Behind (The One, #1)
  • Mask (West End #2)
Gypsy Rae Choszer grew up in the valley below Mount Timpanogos where she watched the apricot trees in her backyard bloom every spring. When she was eighteen she packed her bags and ran away to the exotic locale of Mesa Arizona to begin the work of being an adult.

Gypsy’s love of reading began as a child when her mom would take her to their local library and let her bring home stacks of whatever sh