Start by marking “Fit (Fit Trilogy #1)” as Want to Read:
Fit (Fit Trilogy #1)

Fit

(Fit Trilogy #1)

Violet Ryan loves the delicious food she gets to eat on the reality shows she produces for The Food Channel. What she hates is her expanding waistline. Determined to drop the pounds, Violet hatches a plan to kick start a fitness regimen. But when her determination isn’t enough to get her through even one intense group class without breaking down into tears, she knows she n ...more
Published June 3rd 2014 by Rebekah Weatherspoon

To ask other readers questions about Fit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fit

Start your review of Fit (Fit Trilogy #1)
Whitney Atkinson
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
TW: minor fat shaming

I was interested in picking up a book by Rebekah because I'm reading some of my most anticipated books by black authors for black history month, and this was one of her books available on Scribd. I jumped into it sorta blindly but within chapter one was already facetiming my friend SO excited about how relatable and sweet it was. I related so hard to being fat and hating working out and even before we were introduced to the love interest, this book had sold me.

This main cha
Warda
I was not expecting a book with a BDSM plot-line to be this... precious and wholesome?

I wish we had gotten more. These characters were genuinely great and well-developed enough for a novella. It really would’ve been interesting to delve deeper into their worlds and seeing it collide.
K.J. Charles
I've had this on my Kindle for a while because I had it in my mind, with the chiselled abs on the cover, that it was going to be the kind of dark and serious regulated BDSM dungeon stuff I don't much go for. I was so wrong.

This book is delightful. The hero screws up his initial Dom type approach to the heroine in the most glorious fashion and her responses are so perfect that I was laughing aloud. Throughout he is kind and sensitive, and the kink is really just headgames and fun for two people
Olivia (Stories For Coffee)
A cute, quick romance. I wish we got to see more of their story but I’m happy with what we got. 😌

TW: Fat shaming
Vaneesha
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: woohoo-diversity
I don't know why I keep doing this to myself. But books with BDSM undertones are not for me. I don't even know why I read erotica. I love reading about relationship dynamics. I KNOW there's little relationship-building in erotica, but a part of me (foolishly) holds out hope I'll come across one that I like.

I came across this book on WOCinromance. It's about a plus-sized Chinese cooking show producer called Violet Ryan who decides she wants to loose some wait, so she's introduced to a private tr
Mónica BQ
Jan 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have a list of things this book has that are absolutely perfect:

- Sex positive!!!
- Intelligent women
- Strong female characters
- Great dialogue (no over the top declarations of undying love- finally!)
- Middle class, hard working folks
- Friendships that are real: a bit codependent, loving, with strains, ups & downs
- Fat MC! Violet FTW!
- Diversity that's done so seamlessly I almost cried
- The first fitness class was hilarious, it's a perfect portrayal of how I feel going to those things

My only is
Elisabeth Lane
Aug 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
From a narrative perspective, I've always thought that a personal trainer would make an excellent romance dominant. I mean, you have this person whose job it is to push physical and mental limits while still knowing when to back off so no one gets hurt. The best ones have a certain style: part encouragement, part toughness and applying both appropriately. And if there's the potential for physical attraction, often just a little bit of innocuous flirting. Unfortunately, a lot of BDSM romance seem ...more
Kenesha Williams
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica
I absolutely loved this book. It was the first romance/erotica I'd read with BDSM in a while and I loved that the Dom and the Sub had such a romantic, sweet, and funny relationship. She was new to submission and he eased her into it, but unlike a lot of subs (in novels) she wasn't sexually inexperienced and she loved to talk back to him. The book was super hot and I am now starting the 2nd book in the FIT Trilogy and have already bought the third off the strength of the author's writing in the f ...more
sunny☀️
TOO SHORT😩😩😩

What I really look forward to when reading romance is to get totally attached with the character (when reading any other genres too tbh) and this was so short that I just couldn’t. Still, I think Fit is a great combination of sexy and wholesome and I really enjoyed my time!! it’s a 3.5/5 stars!!
Amy Cousins
Loved it! This book made me want to go to the gym, which is not my normal state of being, tbh. :) I knew this one would be dirty, and it is. Deliciously so. What I didn't expect was how funny it would be. I was cracking up while reading it, and THAT is a gift. Humor is hard to write. If you can work humor and hot sex in the same book? I am 100% sold. I'll be reading the rest of the trilogy, for sure. ...more
Camille
Good...

Needed a good deal more development and less telling. Also needed greater immediacy for the sex scenes. There was too much reporting after the fact. Additionally, that HEA with the friend didn't fit with the characterisation nor the plot.

An author with good bones. I'm hoping she builds and improves.
Kazen
Jan 30, 2019 rated it liked it
The perfect one-sitting read for an insomniac night.

The good:

- Yea for interracial relationships written by a Queer woman of color! Violet is Chinese-American and Grant is white.

- Violet is fat and is aiming to get fit, not skinny. She wants some of the weight to come off, of course, but being healthy comes first, not getting down to a certain dress size.

- Grant makes a big blunder when they first meet and the way Violet handles it is real and funny.

- Without getting spoilery, I like that Gra
Tutti Dolci
A sexy dash of awesomesauce.

This short story had all the makings of what keeps me up reading for half the night (it's freaking 3:32 a.m. as I type this). It was equal parts titillating (its male protagonist was THE sexiest), funny, and sweet. Did I mention that this story is hella sexy? Ummm, yeah. It's got that down pat. But it also flowed so well, with descriptive words which painted a perfect picture in my mind's eye. I was captivated from the get-go and didn't put it down until I was 100% do
Wollstonecrafthomegirl
Jan 27, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
In giving up on this at 62%. it probably wouldn't take me long to read the rest because it's only short but I've just absolutely no desire to do so.

I'm afraid nothing about this is holding my attention. It's not badly written and I'm always appreciative of a book with a plus size, minority heroine that's trying to do something a bit different.

But, for me, right now, perhaps given the amount of very good erotica I've read, it feels painfully par for the course. I've read one book during the cour
sil ♡ the book voyagers
Thanks Sue for reccing me FIT. If you like light BDSM, a hot gym trainer, a Food Network producer heroine and lots of funny/sweet moments, I recommend you to pick up this book.

I loved everything about this book. Grant is definitely one of my favorite heroes to date and I love his relationship with Violet so much. Since th first meeting, I couldn't stop laughing and couldn't stop swooning because of the chemistry these two had!
Tanya Sridhar
Funnier than I antcipated - so one star for that.

Otherwise, just about okay. I wish my book-club would move away from the novella stints, I really can't connect to characters in 12 chapters. Especially when 4 chapters is just sex.

Also, half star for being the only book with BDSM that didn't make me want to cringe. Not sure then if it's realistic, but I'd rather this than 50 shades of no crap.
Starlah
Dec 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, romance
Good not great.

I am very appreciative of all of the amazing aspects of this book: sex positivity, a strong, intelligent, fat, Asian female character, and no over-the-top, declarations of undying love. But as a whole story, it could have used more development. I understand it's very short, but it was heavy on the telling and not showing (especially on the sex scenes).
Ana
FINAL RATING: 6,5/10 ★★★

I really like this but the ending felt a little abrupt, I know it's a novella but still...

I like the sexual tension and the respect and consent in it. I recommend it for entertaining reasons. I don't know if the fat rep was good, I would like to here other people's opinions.

Plot: 6/10

Mar 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this!!
MaggieReadsRom
Jan 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
FIT is book 1 in a trilogy written by new-to-me author Rebekah Weatherspooon. I've been following her on Twitter for a while now and admire her efforts to bring books written by or featuring WOC to the forefront. A while back she tweeted about this trilogy being 99c per book and I don't know how quickly I one-clicked after reading the blurbs but I can tell you it was fast!

After DNF-ing a book that just wasn't for me I wasn't sure what to read next until I was browsing through the ebooks on my T
Erika
I'm really liking this more-new-to-me author, and I'm so glad I found her books through the "not your usual romance novel" network on Twitter. She writes really and truly body positive, sex positive, multicultural without feeling forced, female friendly romances with actually sassy (and not annoyingly fake sassy), intelligent, sarcastic and fun female MCs. Their male counterparts are on the alpha side, but not that ugly and stalkerish alpha that predominates the romance genre. These are your kin ...more
Sydnee Thompson
Jul 19, 2015 rated it liked it
This was a cute novella, but I think the length really hurt it in terms of the romantic chemistry. There was very little room for characterization of either of the two protagonists, and as we all know, it's the chemistry that makes the sex hot. I felt it started off a bit slow, but the sex scene at the end was really where the author hit her stride.

Another issue was the unbelievable amount of typos - full disclosure, I'm an editor and proofreader, which means I have a much lower tolerance for th
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
Fit is exceedingly short, but worth it.

If you're a reluctant BDSM reader (as I am), I highly suggest reading this book. It is the best out there. I love the thoughtful, and boundaries restriction. There's respect and consent. The romance is super cute as well. I love that the protagonist is a fat Asian-American. We need more of that.
Talia Hibbert
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVE this entire series! This book is especially sweet, and the heroine is extremely likeable; I felt like we could be friends in real life. The hero is both a super-sexy dom and not a massive arsehole. Who knew those two qualities could exist?! I read this book a while ago, but I always come back to it.
Limecello
Jan 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
Oh I liked this book.

Not ... into BDSM but it was pretty low key here (other than that bar(s) in his apartment but I guess I didn't think too hard on that/read that scene too carefully.)

... I also think they jump into the physicality like WHOA fast. Like WHOA - but obviously it works for them, so you know. Hooray for all involved parties.

It's a cute book (although ... >.> low key side eyeing the freckles because in so many American books Asian Americans have freckles but it's like ... they're re
Elke
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
i don't quite know what to think about this yet and am apprehensive talking about it because as someone who isn't fat, i am no doubt missing many nuances and points.

this is not a book in which the strong, beautiful, fat Asian woman is only found attractive or only finds love once she's lost weight. it is a book that has weight loss woven in its pages and the message that the extra pounds weren't good for her health without really examining this in the book itself - no explicit body positivity mo
Lauren
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Pleasantly amazing.
A cooking show producer starts working with a personal trainer to help her meet some fitness goals. They begin a sexual and ultimately romantic relationship. I admit to being weirded out by the fact that they had both a professional relationship which involved the exchange of money for goods and/or services and also a sexual relationship because man, those are some blurry lines, and those blurry lines make me uncomfortable. However, Rebekah Weatherspoon totally addresses this
Rellim
Jul 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I don’t actively seek out BDSM, too many times I run into YKINMK and end up DNFing - but I really enjoy Rebekah Weatherspoon’s writing style so I grabbed the Fit Trilogy after she mentioned it on Twitter.

At less than 2 hours, this novella is a quick, sexy & slightly kinky easy read. I felt the “setting the stage” for Grant & Violet to merge his personal fitness & submissive training was a little awkward, but once it was established, I enjoyed this one. I especially loved the banter between Grant
Tori
Feb 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2017

I really liked Violet as a plus sized heroine. And for a story about getting a personal trainer and trying to lose weight, it didn't feel too heavy-handed on the fat stuff. Yes, being fat was part of the story, in the way that being fat is part of my life every day, but it wasn't the only thing about her, even as she was working out. I really loved that in the end it wasn't about losing weight but getting healthy and strong.

The romance was cute, lots of chemistry between them both in a
Jess
Nov 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
Fun romance read, but I wanted a bit more out of it (as a fully blown novel). However, I'm looking forward to reading the other books in the series. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Fans of Interraci...: GIVEAWAY! 1 13 Jun 04, 2014 06:30PM

• Seducing My Guardian (A Touch of Taboo #4)
  • Office Hours
  • Broderick (Sabine Valley, #2)
  • Mating the Huntress (Monsters and Mates, #1)
  • My Dad's Best Friend (A Touch of Taboo, #3)
  • The Princess Trap
  • The Naughty List
  • Merry Inkmas
  • Pink Slip (The Spies Who Loved Her, #1)
  • Heir (Bloodline Vampires #2)
  • Deeper (Unexpected Lovers #1.5)
  • Abel (Sabine Valley #1)
  • Damaged Goods (Ravenswood, #1.5)
  • Gifting Me To His Best Friend (A Touch of Taboo, #2)
  • Blind Date with a Book Boyfriend
  • That Kind of Guy (Ravenswood, #3)
  • The Sea Witch (Wicked Villains, #5)
  • How to Catch a Queen (Runaway Royals, #1)
See top shelves…
After years of meddling in her friends’ love lives, Rebekah Weatherspoon turned to writing romance to get her fix. Raised in Southern New Hampshire, Rebekah Weatherspoon now lives in Southern California where she will remain forever because she hates moving.

Her BDSM romance At Her Feet won the Golden Crown Literary Award for erotic lesbian fiction. Her novella FIT (#1 in the FIT Trilogy) won the R

Fit Trilogy (3 books)