Start by marking “A Wolf's Desire (Reluctant Mates, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Wolf's Desire (Reluctant Mates, #1)

A Wolf's Desire

(Reluctant Mates #1)

Sadie McCallister wants to find a mate and start a family, but the only man her wolf recognized as a potential mate rejected her nearly four years ago. To make matters worse, Noah follows her every move and his popularity with women is hard to ignore, especially when she can’t get another man to come within ten feet of her. Any hope of finding a mate seems foolish. When a ...more
Published March 31st 2014 by Rebel Ink Press (first published March 30th 2014)

Sobia
Apr 12, 2014 rated it liked it

Quite a bit of unrealized potential in this one...add another 100, maybe 150 ebook pages and it may have worked better, giving more time for the story to grow.

As it is, It would've been 3 stars but for the Hero (view spoiler)
He apologizes, and she forgi
Margo
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Not safe. He does something that destroys her self-esteem out of sheer selfishness. One and a half stars, with the half being because I liked the plot.
Cassandra
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!!
***Received a copy of the ebook for an honest review

The cover looks sweet and beautiful :) I like it though the wolf is looking very scrawny :)

I really loved this novella. Jane’s stories are awesome, but this has been the best I’ve read yet. It had lots of action and drama.

Poor Sadie has self-esteem issues and is in love with Noah who keeps doing things that cause her to think less and less of herself. Noah is actually a nice guy who is just an i
Talltree
Mar 18, 2017 marked it as no-dnf-zzz-avoid
8o's
Shelves: shifter
A Wolf's Desire is Jane Wakely's first book in her new series Reluctant Mates. I am a huge fan of her Chestnut Rock series so I was very happy when I was offered an advanced copy for review. And wow Wolf's Desire is a great start to a new series!!!

I definitely have a love/hate relationship with the main hero Noah Alexander. He knows Sadie McCallister could be his mate but for reasons I won't reveal (because it would spoil the story) he rejects Sadie in college and then basically stalks her four
Sassy Beta Reading & Review
May 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story!!! It had me on an emotional roller coaster from the very start. This story gave me what I call "heart twinges". I love when a book gives me a physical emotional response. Not all books do that!

I loved the story line, the characters, everything.....well almost everything.....the only thing I didn't like was that it was too short. It took me under 2 hours to read. But this story was jammed pack from the very beginning.

One thing I would have loved to have seen was for Jamie to h
Marissa Ellermann
Mar 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is easily the best of Wakely's books thus far. Between her previous book and this one, she has shown tremendous growth in both her writing and her story building. Her heroine, Sadie was really sweet. She has been in love with the hero for four years and believes that he has no interest in her. This couldn't be further from the truth, but the behavior of Noah has definitely left her no room to doubt the situation. If there was an area that I wish had played out differently, I wish that Sadie ...more
Rochelle
Apr 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
I was really excited to be asked to review this book, so
Positives:
This was a really good story and I loved reading it. I love the concept of the story, style of writing and it moves at a good pace which made it flow easily. The main characters were strong but vulnerable at the same time. Noah and Sadie had a unique relationship which is explained really well throughout this book.

Negatives:
I know this is a short story but I thought at times this it could of had more detail. When Noah reveals hi
Heather  book whore & shifter slut extrordinaire
This book was a great first story in Ms Wakely's new series. I enjoyed not only Noah and Sadie and the byplay between them but also the peek we were given at the Council and the other species that live in our world and/or The Mythical Realm. As well, Sadie's real world friends were good friends to her and appropriately scathing to and about Noah.

The only complaint I have about this story is one most readers had - its NOT ENOUGH! There were so many opportunities for Ms Wakely to give us more but
Kassidy-nicole Langiano
Although this book had AMAZING potential i felt that it was lacking in the excitement department. It had one thrilling scene that i was just getting into and it ended very quickly for my likely.

The Characters are good, but you don't get much of a back story to them so you don't really feel like you know them all that well. This book is only 78 pages long which is probably why i felt this way; if i had longer to get to know them i probably would have loved them more as 'people' and less like the
Heather Lecus
May 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book. Its a quick read with a well thought out plot line. I enjoyed the story and the characters. They are both shifters and have both recognized each other as potential mates but her rejects. They keep running into each other. Both are miserable until they are forced to mate by their council. How they end up overcoming their problems is quickly resolved. I would have liked it to be longer because I wasn't ready to leave them. I will watching for this author and buying her books ...more
Debra Jones
Mar 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!! Jane Wakely has hit the bullseye again! A Wolf's Desire is a story about two wolves who knew that the other on was a possible mate. Noah tried to protect Sadie by keeping a distance between them. Then they were forced to become mates by the Council. I will not spoil the story for anyone who has not read it by going into any more detail. This story is well worth the time to read it. I could not stop once I started. Heartwarming, heartbreaking, loving, sharing, attraction, denial, wolves, d ...more
Mary Myers-Huff Barscz
Jul 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read this book in one sitting. I am a sucker for paranormal romance and thins books gave me everything I look for. Sadie thought that Noah just wasn't that into her and decided that moving on was the best thing to do. Noah was always there to watch her though. No men come near her, but women flock to him.
In a twist that Sadie isn't thrilled with, she is to be mated with Noah by orders of the Council. And when you are given an order from them, the answer can never be NO.
Noah is hiding a deep
Robin
Apr 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, own, pdf-files
I received an ARC of this story from the author in exchange for an honest review,

First let me say I look for editing issues when I read/review for an author because I want to help them put their best work out there. I found a few and she will have them fixed. Other than being a short read I really enjoyed the story. Both are reluctant to share their inner thoughts with one another which leads to obstacles that must be overcome.

If you want to know about those obstacles and see the real beauty of
Brandi Porter
Apr 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really liked this story. Again it was short but also sweet and to the point.

Sadie loves Noah. Has loved Noah since they first met and when she got the courage to ask him to go further he stomped on her heart. Fast forward to 4 years later and Noah has pretty much become a stalker and no one seems to mind. It was a little weird but okay. LOL!!

Things happened to Noah that has prevented him from mating with Sadie. I don't agree with his tactic. I would have told her and then figured out how to de
Diana
May 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
I asked for this book and promised to post my review here when finished. The story line is interesting, werewolf, Alpha, sacrifice and love. Sadie and Noah come alive for you in this story and you cannot help but keep reading . Throughout the book, I was crossing my fingers, hoping Noah would have his love. . . no I am not telling you. I read this book in one day and absolutely loved it. What can I say, other than that, without giving away the story? Read this book for yourself and decide for yo ...more
Linda
Apr 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved this book. I was given a copy to review and I am so glad that I did. Sadie was good friends with Noah when she fell in love with him. He had "his" reasons for why he spurned her but he couldn't leave her alone. He followed her everywhere. Sadie felt like nobody wanted her because she was ugly and fat. Nope, not the real reason. But then THE COUNCIL stepped in and made them more miserable than ever. You really need to read this book cause it's fantastic. You won't regret reading it to fin ...more
Colleen Everly
May 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Very good read. I am a sucker for wolf shifter romances. I felt so bad for this couple, so many different things were in the way of them being together, from his past, and the things he did to protect her. This was a quick read but I liked it anyway. I liked how she wasn't the drop dead gorgeous heroine as in most romances. I liked how was was tall,strong, and handsome yet he still saw her for the beauty she was and he always protected her, a little in the wrong way, but his intentions were good ...more
Stefanie
Aug 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Received ARC from the author.

I enjoyed this book but wished it was longer. It is crazy to think of being forced into mating but this was a match that was ready for a roller coaster ride.

Sadie is wolf who was deeply hurt by someone she cared so much about. They stomped on her self esteem and took away the hope she had for her future.

I feel like the book could have gone into more detail and gotten more into the relationships both past and present. I was left wanting more of their story. All in al
Carmski Pescod
Mar 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I adore these stories, yes they are short but they are very well written and they flow easily.
The author writes with passion which make these reads enjoyable & exciting.
The paranormal element is different which I love, it isn't your everyday same old. The characters are strong & loveable. Sadie is a wolf same as Noah, there relationship is strange at best and they are not together, but can the mystical council step in or is there no hope for these two.
These are my go to reads, and will b
Heather Fortman
May 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
I liked this book a lot. It was creative and compelling. This book took some interesting turns I wasn’t expecting and I’m glad I was given the chance to read it. Sadie deals with a lot of complications that many of us face, and manages to not let it pull her down, while Noah was not what I was expecting him to be, and instead was a gruff male attempting to protect her. It was fun to read this book and I know others are going to enjoy it!

Donna
Jun 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love paranormal – the author can create the world and the rules and you can sit back and enjoy and Jane Wakely has done that here. I do feel sorry for Sadie, of course she has no self-confidence with Noah controlling things of which she’s completely unaware. Men! Even if they are shapeshifters, they’re still the same. I’m anxious to learn more about this Council, the governing body of the Mythical Realm and all the ins and outs of the universe Jane has created. Put your feet up and enjoy!
Rae
Apr 28, 2014 rated it liked it
I was really excited to read this book. I thought the story line had a lot of potenial to make a great book. I'm not saying it was bad but it didn't live up to my expectations. If she had taken more time to build up the suspence I would have enjoyed the book a lot more. Also I felt that the climax was somewhat lacking.
Becci
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was asked to give my honest review.... She's done it again! I always fall in love with the characters of her books!!! This one was no exception... My ONLY complaint would be that it couldn't keep going :) My heart broke for his friend though, that was sad :( I was ecstatic with the ending :):):) Thank you, Jane Wakely!!!!
Cynthia VonWald
Apr 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A Wolf’s Desire is an awesome book. Full of suspense, heartache, love and trust. I could truly feel the emotions pouring out over the pages. I laughed, wanted to cry, felt scared for Sadie, and fell in love with Noah. Noah is definitely in my top list of heroes. A Wolf’s Desire was well written and a definite must read. I was given a copy of A Wolf’s Desire in exchange for an honest review.
Deausha Felker-sernicola
Apr 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was given this for an honest review . I could not put this book down !!! . Jane knows how to keep her readers turning the pages . This has everything in it . happiness , anger , sorrow , true pure love !!! and yes steamy sex !!!! I loved every character in this . (that never happens for me ) I can't wait to read more !!!
This is a must read ....Thank you Jane for an amazing read .
Nancy
Aug 31, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: shifters-wolves
2.5 stars.

I just didn't connect with the characters and the story didn't really drag me in.
Could just be the mood I've been in but either way I can't say I would re-read it. I didn't hate it though and I will check out the other stories just to see if I like them more than this one.
Radiant
May 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Noah and Sadie are potential mates.But Noah rejects Sadie to protect her from threat,but looses her due to it.But when Council makes them mate each other.They both have to face Passion,Lies and Hurt which may destroy the only chance they got.

Short read.Nice .

Rating -3 !
Marley Smith
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book on one evening and loved the interactions between Sadie and Noah. They made me chuckle at times and angry at the two of them
Isha
Feb 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
It was okay, although I do wish it was longer. Would love to see them grow in their relationship.
Heart Melting Heroines, Heart Stopping Heroes

Reluctant Mates (4 books)
  • A Genie's Fortune (Reluctant Mates, #2)
  • A Vampire's Light (Reluctant Mates, #3)
  • A Warlock's Destiny (Reluctant Mates, #4)