Start by marking “Guns: The Spencer Book (Rook and Ronin Spinoff, #4)” as Want to Read:
Guns: The Spencer Book (Rook and Ronin Spinoff, #4)

Guns: The Spencer Book

(Rook and Ronin Spinoff #4)

THIS IS NOT A STANDALONE BOOK. YOU MUST READ ALL THE OTHER BOOKS IN THIS SERIES FIRST.

Spencer Shrike is a man with a plan. Get in. Get out. Move on. He loves Ron the Bomb, and her safety is the only thing on his mind these days. But life is a tricky bastard, and conning criminals for the better part of ten years brings its own set of problems. Sure, Rook lied her way out
Published March 29th 2014 by Science Future Press (first published March 27th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Guns, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guns

Christy
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Shrike stars!

photo 24c27c7a-948b-4126-9aa8-776e31465bc2_zps78c9bd06.jpg
“The first rule of Shrike Club is never talk about Shrike Club.

It’s no secret that the Rook & Ronin series is a favorite of mine. I love these books. The first three were amazing. Then we get the Ford and Spencer spin offs, which are even better in my opinion! Yes, if you haven’t read these books you MUST! Guns is not a standalone. You should read the entire series before jumping into this book.

Be prepared- Guns has the funny, sexy and original story line like the others
Amy | Foxy Blogs
Jan 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Amy | Foxy Blogs by: Kara
SPENCER- "Who's the motherf*cking boss"

description

Team Spencer, Team Ford, that is the question? Most of my Ford-loving friends read this book and jumped shipped. He is an intriguing man but the magic of Ford is unmatched for me. Never once did I waiver towards Spencer while reading this story. Looking back through my highlights I realized that I only highlighted Ford's parts. ♥

TEAM FORD FAN CLUB :
Members Only
co-President:Christy
co-President: Jennifer VACANT
Fans: Me and Kim

As Christy's first order o
Jennifer Kyle
Wow! What an ending for Spencer and his Bomb!!

description

The team, which consists of everyone but Veronica, is in some serious hot water. Spencer is still staying course with his push away in order to protect the woman of his dreams plan, although things get pretty crazy.

description

Once again, Veronica’s pain and confusion is brutal and it seems her new girlfriends are in on the secrets too.

”She should trust me. They should all trust me. I’m not a liability. I’m strong. I can fight. I can shoot. I’m a tattoo artis
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
5 It's My Turn To Get What I Want Stars!
(BR with Patty & Tiffany)

photo 7ed63659-fe0f-433f-aa57-def2a5ca4e88.jpg

photo 0178f25a-7e53-422e-bff7-78085a9c8623.jpg

Spencer Shrike is living in Fort Collins preparing for the grand opening of the new Shrike's Bikes store. He is almost 24, and has been living the dream professionally, with his bike shops, and show.

photo 176e3021-69b3-4aac-b4db-e660e735b81b.jpg

Personally Spencer feels like his life is in limbo. He is waiting for the trial, and everything to be resolved with his team, and then feels he can move on with his life, and put all the bad behind him.

photo ada71b30-b421-4bfc-a7ec-7056d789fd5c.jpg

Trying to protect Ronnie,
Brandi
Mar 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"I've wanted you since the day I laid eyes on you. You know that."

description

Finally, Spencer and Ronnie's book!! I seriously love these two, and their story does not disappoint. Spencer always has a plan. And Veronica has always been a major part of it, but in order to keep her safe from his questionable past, he has kept his distance.

"I've kept Ronnie away from all this bullshit for a reason. And that reason is so we can spend our lives together. And I'm done waiting. It's my turn to get what I want."
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5--Bombshell--Stars!!

What a conclusion. The grand finale. The ending of one chapter and the beginning of another.

Ronin has Rook. Ford has Ashleigh and Kate. Now it's time for Spencer to get his Bombshell.

Ronnie/Veronica/Bombshell/Bomb fell in love with Spencer Shrike the day she met him. They had a whirlwind love affair.

"Spencer walked into my life, tipped me upside down, and shook the love right out of me. My love spills out all over the place. My love piles up at his feet."

Until Spencer
Wendy'sThoughts
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: J A Huss Fans, Everone
5 Shrike, Bombshell, Hacking, Number 5 Stars * * * * *

There are some things you wish for... things you cannot wait to have... but then it is bittersweet... because once you have them... the experience is over. Waiting for GUNS: The Spencer Book was like waiting for those special times for me. This book brings all of the intrigue, relationships and answers to a close... of sorts.... for the Rook and Ronin series.

We first met most of the players in Tragic, continued in Manic with the fleshing ou
Wendy
Re-read 5/30/18

Wow..these books just keep getting better and better. First there were Rook and Ronin and I thought they were awesome. Then came Ford and Ash and I liked them and their book better and now...Spencer and Ronnie. Their book was the best!

I absolutely loved this one. Veronica is one of my most favorite heroines of all time..and that's saying something, since I have a hard time finding heroines that I like. She was hard as nails..but she had a soft side to her. I felt so sorry for her
Michelle
*** ARC provided by author in exchange for honest review ***

****5 Bombshell Stars****

Guns1

Wow...GUNS was just PERFECT to conclude and tie in the Rook and Ronin series and spin offs. If you don’t know who Rook, Ronin, Ford, Ashleigh, Spencer and Veronica are, then what are you waiting for. I highly recommend you do because you do not want to miss out on the madness, craziness, sexy romance, and wild ride this TEAM takes you on.

Guns2

Guns is not a standalone and you MUST read all of the books of the serie
❥Lil
*****5 “I am the motherfucking boss” stars*****

This was one of my most highly anticipated books for 2014 and boy did it deliver!

A strong heroine who didn’t bother me, like AT ALL!
 photo veronica_zpsf463747d.jpg

Veronica, aka the Bomb!

photo bombshell_zpse76295d9.gif

Unpredictable, unapologetic, badass and fun, she’s sexy and she knows it.
And I love a girl who knows how to use her guns!

Hot wet sex against the wall ;)

photo rainy_zps0d905c20.gif

Intimate body painting

photo glitz_zpsf2e69857.jpg

An epic, intense, emotional and at the same time sexy scene that to me makes the whole series worth it.

The whole Team i
Kara
Jan 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Kara by: J.A. Huss
description

THIS BOOK IS FIVE STARS. FIVE - AWESOME - GLORIOUS STARS.

J.A. Huss wraps up her Tragic series with this book. and boy does she do an outstanding job!

Spencer *sigh* the way he takes care of his Ronnie... will make you swoon (while being pissed that he should do things different). In GUNS we learn the WHY & the WHY is so wrapped together. The WHY fills in the blanks. The WHY - well the WHY makes me want to ride a donkey to visit Ms Huss and kiss her silly! (I love you my girlie!)

I am not go
Ang (Sizzling Pages)

Arc received from JA HUSS in exchange for an honest review

Spencer is a deceiving son of a bitch.

Tramping around town ignoring Veronica, treating her like trash, leaving her high and dry (especially in the alleyway), and breaking her heart by being a callous bastard, he pissed me off! And despite all this, I positively fell in love with the cocky, deceitful phony. Why? Because
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
Perfection, I loved this finale. Best series ever. Nothing more I can say...

FIVE SHUDDER WORTHY STARS!!!
(BR w/ Melissa and Tiffany)

Spencer Shrike, you've earned a piece of my heart!!
Wow!!!
Throughout the entire Rook & Ronin, and Ford series, I never really gave a second thought to Spencer but in "GUNS" we finally get his and BOMB's story and it's pretty damn amazing.
Spencer is definitely all ALPHA and HOT as hell!!!
He's sacrificed and suffered far more than his friends.
Spencer has had to push Ronnie away in order to keep her safe from his enemies.

photo imagejpg1_zps90d0daad.jpg

We get flashbacks o
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
4 - Ticking Time BOMB - Stars!

Spencer Shrike has been in love with Veronica Vaughn for quite some time. They have had an on again off again relationship.

Spencer loves Ronnie but he doesn't know what will be happening to him soon so he wants to keep her out of harms way.

love photo tumblr_mzww6ikRVI1slhkaxo1_500_zpscd5d4fca.gif

"No one knows how much I love her. And that’s the whole reason I continue to break her heart, time after time after time. I never want this shit we’re in to touch her again."

Rook has Ronin, Ashleigh and Kate have Ford, but
Jana Aston
Mar 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
OMFG I don’t know what to say. There is so much I want you to know. I assume if you’re reading this review you’ve read all the Rook & Ronin books, because you can’t just jump in with this book. So you know how great this series is. What you don’t know yet, is how great this finale is.

I know some of you fell for Spencer way back in book 1. I’ll be honest. I was so distracted by Ronin, then Ford that I didn’t pay much attention to Spencer. He was in this long term relationship with Veronica.
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
5 Spencer Shrike and the "Bomb" Stars!

Dear Lord, Spencer Shrike is my kinda of man! I am so damn happy that he and Ronnie, the "bomb," finally got their story!

This is such an adrenalin rush in a culmination of three friend's lives that have come full throttle to the breaking point. In the tangled web of lies and survival.. Rook/Ronin, Asleigh/Ford, and Spencer have become a team. Everything they have done is to start over...have a clean slate and a future together! In this mess of deceit, Spence
Misty Crook mcelroy
ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

FIVE GIANT MOTHERFUCKING STARS!!!!!

This book is not a standalone and should not be read until you have read all of the books in this amazing series. The series starts with book one which is Tragic. You will not regret reading this series it sucks you in from the very beginning.

JA weaves a magical web and you can't help but want to be stuck in it.

This book focuses on Spencer motherfucking Shrike and Veronica Vaughn, however the whole crew and there l
Cath
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Just the best series ever. Epilogue part two was brilliant. And a hint of more things to come..... LOVED it! Five massive stars x
Kristi
Jan 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing! Captivating! Intense! …Guns delivers and is a perfect shot.

Once in a while there comes a book series that just captures your attention, draws you in, and occupies your thoughts for days, weeks, and even months. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it is nothing short of magical. This series, all seven books about these fascinating characters and their complicated lives of lies and secrets, love and fate, have a place in my heart and mind forever. It takes a unique author to keep a
~Dawn~TUG
Feb 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOO HOO WOO HOO ARC'S HERE..I know what I'm doing tonight!!

Loved it..great fucking epilogue..GUNS Review
The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
Review: Surj

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheHopelessR...
TSU: http://www.tsu.co/HopelessRomantics
Blog: http://thehopelessromanticsbookblog.b...

How do I even go into reviewing "Guns" without getting a little emotional? Not only did this author give me Spencer Shrike's story (which was brilliant by the way) but she also gave me an explosive, amazing, perfect ending to what has got to be one of my all time favourite series ever.... FACT!!! I loved the way Spencer's story linked so perfectly w
Bella
JA Huss is one of those authors I will drop everything to read. I could not WAIT to get my hands on Guns.

First of all, I fell in love with Ronin when I read the Rook & Ronin series. But then when I read Slack and Taut - Ford just stole the show. He became my favorite, easily.

I was very curious if Spencer could top Ford.

Spencer is the muscle of the team. But he isn't just strong. He's protective. And he wants to protect his bombshell.

He's in love with Veronica. But he sure has a funny way
a_tiffyfit
review to come tour. omfg epilogue 2! eeeeeeeek! :)
****************
Okay, putting up my review a few days before the tour.

This is the end of it, my friends. The finale. The big boom. The last book in the series. /sadface Before you venture further, before you click "Read More", you should know that THIS is not a standalone novel. This brings it all together. This connects the dots. This is where it ends. You need to read up on the team, which means you need to read the novels previous.

This was o
Katherine
Feb 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Ford you still my favorite stars

description

First, I just need to have a bit of a fangirl moment... Okay, now with that out of the way, let us talk about the book. I'm not sure where to even begin with this review! I can't even begin to say what a fantastic read this was! As much as I loved it, I hated to read it at the same time. I felt like I was saying goodbye to long time friends. No one likes to do that. Guns was a bittersweet read for me. One that will stick with me long after I've read it. I will t
Julia's Book Haven
It was hard for me to rate this one actually. A lot of my rating has to do with enjoying the series as a whole not really just this book. In the previous books I liked Spencer. He was funny and a bad ass biker. And I liked Veronica too, she was a bad ass too and she had so much attitude and personality. So naturally I assumed that I would love their story. And that wasn't really the case. It was ok, but it fell short for me. It made me actually dislike Spencer and Veronica. Spencer was an ass fo ...more
Krista
Jan 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-reads
From the very beginning, I knew that of the three on The Team - Ronin, Ford and Spencer - that Spencer was my favorite.

And now I know why.

All of the posturing and scheming and manipulating have led up to this moment. Ronin, Ford and Spencer formed an ace Robin Hood-esque Team years ago, which allowed them to steal from rich jerks who hurt others. Instead of giving their riches to the poor, however... they kept it. And now the culmination of two jobs gone wrong - one where Spencer killed a man a
~ Cariad ~
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BRILLIANT, BRILLIANT, BRILLIANT!

BROKEN COLLAGE COVER

MY UNDYING LOVE TO J.A. HUSS REVIEW OF GUNS IS UP HERE!...

BOMBSHELL
SPENCER

PRE-REVIEW:
This one can't come quick enough for me! ...no pun intended!

ARC KINDLY BY AUTHOR
Epilogue part two ***SPOILERS*** 3 17 Aug 14, 2015 04:31AM

• Breaking Shaun (Breaking Free, #2)
  • Leave a Trail (Signal Bend, #7)
  • Born Wrong (Hard Rock Roots, #5)
  • The End of Games (The Single Lady Spy, #2)
  • Explicit Memory (Explicit, #3)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Otherwise Occupied (Evan Arden, #2)
  • Sweet Seduction Sabotage (Sweet Seduction, #6)
  • Collateral (Blood & Roses, #6)
  • Use (Forbidden, #2)
  • Bend (Bend Anthology)
  • Nordic Lessons
  • Facing Me (Shaft on Tour, #2)
  • Beautiful Ink (Forever Inked, #1)
  • Gangster Moll (Gun Moll, #2)
  • Cold-Blooded Beautiful (Beautiful, #2)
  • Red & Wolfe, Part Two (Red & Wolfe, #2)
J.A. Huss never wanted to be a writer and she still dreams of that elusive career as an astronaut. She originally went to school to become an equine veterinarian but soon figured out they keep horrible hours and decided to go to grad school instead. That Ph.D wasn’t all it was cracked up to be (and she really sucked at the whole scientist thing), so she dropped out and got a M.S. in forensic toxic ...more

Rook and Ronin Spinoff (4 books)
  • Slack: A Day in the Life of Ford Aston (Rook and Ronin Spinoff, #1)
  • Taut: The Ford Book (Rook and Ronin Spinoff, #2)
  • Bomb: A Day in the Life of Spencer Shrike (Rook and Ronin Spinoff, #3)
“Shhhh. Don't cry, Ronnie. Just tell me what we like, so I can remember. Because I lost my way, baby.” 8 likes
“I love you, Veronica. I love you more than I love myself. More than I love Ronin or Ford. More than the Team, Ronnie. I love you more than the Team.” 2 likes