Start by marking “Chasing Shadows (Tala Prophecy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Chasing Shadows (Tala Prophecy, #2)

Chasing Shadows

(Tala Prophecy #2)

2014 Reader's Favorite International Book Awards Finalist YA Paranormal

Reagan thought one night changed her life forever, but her fate was written long ago.

Merging creature and white blood,
One of flame, one of night,
At eighteen years it will commence,
Spiritual warrior and power,
Will bring an end to the lawless ones.

A war looms: One that pits brother against brother for we
Published May 7th 2014 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published May 4th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Chasing Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chasing Shadows

Start your review of Chasing Shadows (Tala Prophecy, #2)
Kelly Clare
Aug 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
I read this after reading Chasing Forgiveness - the companion novella. Overall a good read with an interesting storyline. I put it down a few times, so the pace is the only reason it didn't get a five star review.
K.L.
Jun 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Chasing Shadows continues right were Chasing Memories leaves off. After escaping a mental hospital and finding out that a family member that was presumed dead is very much alive is the start of her journey of learning what she truly is. From being told that you have witch blood and now werewolf blood coursing through you veins is one thing, but learning that there’s a prophecy involving the fate of the world is something else entirely and Raegan has a hard time wrapping her head around it.

Runnin
Heather Wood
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Chasing Shadows was a great sequel! It was a gripping read and I was glad to see the action started early on in the book and never stopped. Reagan continued to grow on me in this book and I really enjoyed her character arc.

Reagan reads like a true teenager. Her emotions are all over the place and she desperately tries to make sense of her new reality. At times, in the first book, she annoyed me and I was glad to see she grew as a character. She became stronger despite having the burden of being
Tina
Aug 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites
Author Tia Silverthorne Bach is a master at weaving a story full of unexpected twists. Everytime I think I know what's coming next, she throws in something that totally takes me by surprise. Chasing Shadows is full of action, heartache and suspense. I cannot get enough!

The characters powers and strengths continue to grow, as does the need to find a way to win the impending battle that lies ahead. The evil they are going to face is much worse than they initially expected and so much pain has alre
Karen
Jul 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
One of the things that I liked most about this book was some of the twists and turns that it took. Once it had been revealed, it made perfect sense and completely fit into the story, but I didn't see it coming. Definitely helped keep me interested in wanting to find out what happens next. It does have a little bit of what I like to call "second book syndrome" -- most of the book involves dealing with the first book and setting up the third book, but with the reveals and other developments it was ...more
Sharon Doucett
Aug 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
I read this after the companion novella, and I am completely gripped by this story. This is a really good YA story. This is Reagan's story, and all in all, the series will keep you wanting to read...I find myself wanting to see how Rafe progresses and what is the outcome for him. A gripping story that leaves you wanting more.
Bit'N Book Tours
Aug 27, 2014 rated it really liked it

Runnin
Jo Michaels
May 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of YA Paranormal who love twists and turns.
I was the editor from INDIE Books Gone Wild for Chasing Shadows; so, needless to say, I've read it. I wasn't sure what to expect out of this second book in the series, because the first one was unbelievably awesome. Tia still manages to make me gasp with revelations I never see coming (and I see pretty much everything). Anyway, it released yesterday, and I snagged a copy over on Amazon so I'd have it forever in my digital library. Enough about that, let's move on to the meat of the review.

From a
Ginny  Gallagher
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5 Stars - Reviewed on http://ginsbooknotes.com

There is no second book slump in CHASING SHADOWS, book 2 in Tia Silverthorne Bach’s Tala Prophecy series!

What we do get is MORE… more action, more character development, more questions answered, and more of the story. The author refreshes our memory quickly and then dives right into the action.

This is exactly how I like my middle books to read. No slumps, more interest, great progression of story line, and an ending that leaves me anxious for MOR
Christine C
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Chasing Shadows is the second book in a three-book series. Many times the second book is slow, or draggy, but not this one. I had hoped to reread the first book before starting this one, but never got around to it. I was not lost or confused, though, since even though the action picks up right where Chasing Memories ends, enough detail was given to refresh my memory. So much happens in this book, and the plot is well developed and sets up the third and final book nicely.

What I liked: Reagan has
Shauna Kelley
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved Chasing Memories, so I was ecstatic to learn that Bach was writing the follow up. When I got a chance to read it, I was happy to see that this second book is as riveting as the first.

This book picks up immediately where the first left off. Reagan is escaping from an institution with her strange new acquaintances, and still coming to terms with her newly minted wolf status. As the plot unfolds, we realize exactly how complicated her situation is... and exactly how much is at stake.

As wi
Brandy
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Chasing Shadows by Tia Silverthorne Bach is the second book in the Tala series. When Reagan feels her life is over and has lost not only her family, but her mind. Everything starts to become clear. In finding answers, she also finds her way back to her family. Secrets come out and with her future so uncertain, she doesn't realize that everything is coming together. Fate is bringing her life back to her and the love of her life to her. , even if its not the life she once knew.

The second book is
Amy
May 06, 2014 rated it liked it
I had a hard time getting into this book, but once I did, I was carried away by the plot. Reagan is trying to figure out her role in the prophecy. The prophecy that her great-grandmother foretold. With the help of her family and friends Reagan stumbles along, learning all she needs to know. But is it enough? Can she overcome and can she figure out her place? Is it enough and in enough time? Reagan really steps up in this book, she is stronger, she is growing, understanding.

I hadn’t read the fi
Heather Miller
Feb 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I did receive this book as a free ARC copy in exchange for an honest review that is my own.

This is the 2nd book in the series. This was a good second book. It did follow up with the 1st book quite well.

There were more characters added, in this follow on book. We did learn more of the past of the characters. Reagan & her family have an interesting tale. Reagan is now aware of her 'were wolf' side. She has learned how to transform herself. She and Rowen do like each other, but, have not acted up
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Tala Prophecy series is definitely worth reading

I have really been enjoying this series of books . The only thing I have to say is everything inns in a cliffhanger that you want an answer to . This book brings us to the characters for whom the prophecy was written we hope . How Reagan can keep holding on to her family and hoping not only to help them heal from the death of her brother but also to mend the relationship between her mother and her grandmother and aunt . I am not sure that is fi
Mary Bronson
Wow, I thought this book was AMAZING! Once I got started it was hard to put the book down. I had to keep on reading to find out what was happening next. Things are starting to heat up with some questions being answered, but more surprises come with those answered questions. I still think that Reagan is such a great main character with her determination and love for her family she is trying to fight someone who is trying to tear her family apart even more. I can not wait to read if things heat up ...more
Olivia Elbaum
May 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved the book. It was just as good as the first. I loved the character of Reagan and how she would do anything for the ones she cared about. Reagan shows true strength in protecting her loved ones and in learning about her new found abilities.The book keeps you hooked from the first page to the very last. I can't wait to read the third book and see how everything plays out with Reagan and the prophecy about her. This is definitely a series I would recommend reading.
Kirsten Anderson
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This story is so intriguing. I brings you and keeps a hold of you until the end. The character building is wonderful. The writing is strong for a Young Adult novel and it has quite a few moments that made me laugh too. I can't wait for Book 3 and the Novella for this series. It's a great twist on the Paranormal Romance genre. It's got romance, but it's not overdone. Just enough to keep you wanting more and more!
Linda
Apr 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Tia Silverthrone Bach is a master of description and twisting the plot to the point you have no idea what is going on and then leaves it with a cliffhanger! So evil! She is absolutely brilliant.

Chasing Shadows makes you not want to put the book down and then new surprises that blow your mind needing to continue reading until one finds out what happens. Can't wait to read the next book. Luckily I don't have to wait since already out.

⭐️❤️⭐️❤️⭐️❤️⭐️❤️⭐️❤️
Joyce Stokley
Nov 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG WHAT CAN I SAY

So much happens to Reagan she loses almost everything but slowly gets her family back.
There is new folks go care about folks to save and things to learn
Can she do all that is needed in time to make a difference or is the evil going to win
I give this a 5 grudgingly I really want to give it a 10
Casie
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Tia does a wonderful job with this story. More twists and turns with each chapter. I hope this young girl can fulfill the prophecy and good will out do evil. Rafe sounds like a horrible guy and I am hoping for some redemption. Can't wait to read the next story!
Lisa P
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
No interruptions between books- it picks up immediately where book 1 ends at full speed. Some interesting developments along the way... Nothing about Rafe's family from book 1, but a lot more is revealed. If you liked book 1 then you will absolutely like this one just as much, maybe more.
Heather
Aug 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Demons, wolf's, witches & vampires. A tale of strong family ties and the chunk in the armor that can destroy it all. ...more
Vonnie
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh my!! The pace of the book picked up...I really had a hard time putting the book down. Very interesting couple of twist. I can't wait for book 3! Hurry, hurry, hurry. Lol
Michele
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't even finish

I liked the first book enough to get passed the rocky storyline and confusing way of writing the story, but I couldn't get passed it in the next book.

Spoiler!

Her mom and dad put her in a mental hospital and orderlies have to drug her and drag her out of the house, yet when she sees her mom she's all I love you and her mom is giving her a necklace that's enchanted like her nana did?

It just didn't add up. I needed in this book for things to flow better than the first and be
Destiny
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well written page turner!

This story is like a runaway train. Same quality writing and plot development. Couldn't put it down! Only complaint is, I hate a cliffhanger!
Linda Rea
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The saga continues and just when you think you know everything...you don’t
Laurie Hopkins
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shifter, paranormal
Great

This story has drawn me into Reagan s world so deeply, I think about her and what she needs to do even when not reading. Can't wait to read the next.
Jaci
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 Outstanding Stars
I was given a book in exchange for an honest review free of persuasion from the author or anyone else affiliated with this book.

CONTAINS SOME SPOILERS

As with the Chasing Memories I was not quite sure what to expect because with all the paranormal happenings going on in the first book, including a wiccan grandmother, werewolves, prophetic dreams, and demon wolves. You are probably thinking like I was at this point of what could be in this book that wasnt in the first one. Well,
Leah
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is the second book in the Tala Prophesy series.
Reagan has run away from her parents with her grandfather who she thought was dead and Rowan, brother to Rafe who had tried to rape her. They take her in with a group of other werewolves where she is kept safe.
Reagan knows she is part of some mysterious prophecy but it seems that no one trusts her enough to give her more information. As part of the werewolf pack she begins training with Rowan and her grandfather’s other advisors.
Reagan

• The Trouble with being a Movie Star's Wife
Tia Silverthorne Bach has been married to her college sweetheart for twenty-four years, has three beautiful girls, and adores living in the beautiful state of Colorado. Her daughters were born in Chicago, San Diego, and Baltimore; and she feels fortunate to have called many places home. She believes in fairy tales and happy endings and is an avid reader and rabid grammar hound.

She is an award-win

Tala Prophecy (4 books)
  • Chasing Memories (Tala Prophecy, #1)
  • Chasing Destiny (Tala Prophecy #3)
  • Chasing Eternity (Tala Prophecy, #4)

News & Interviews