Start by marking “Rule Four and Five (My Brothers Keeper, #2)” as Want to Read:
Rule Four and Five (My Brothers Keeper, #2)

Rule Four and Five

(My Brother's Keeper Trilogy #2)

This is book two of three. All books are full-length novels and must be read in order. All books are available now.

The My Brother's Keeper Trilogy

The town of Gilford has a Big and Terrible secret hidden in the ground.
Infecting those it touches.
Exploiting their darkness.
Consuming their souls.
It’s hungry. It’s vile. It’s evil.
And it wants out.

Book Two: Rule Four
Published March 25th 2014 by Adrienne Wilder

To ask other readers questions about Rule Four and Five, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rule Four and Five

Vivian
Apr 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-pn
I cried.

I remembered why I hate the world.

Playing fucking emotional piñata--and I'm the piñata. Against my better judgment I have to finish the series; I need the closure, I just need it to fucking end. Still hate how the story is drawn out over three books.

Truth:
“When you are on the edge of death you are no longer a child. You understand things you couldn’t even comprehend as an adult.”
~Volha~
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book continues some time after the events of the previous book. It had moments that brought many ugly tears because what happened was horrible and very painful. I loved reading about Jon and Ellis, their everyday life and how they took care of Rudy - the sweetest man. This book gave the vibe of something otherworldly. Both Rudy and Jon had intense moments that were quite not so ordinary.

The sheer level of evil and indifference was staggering, the events that transpired brought Jon and Elli
Barbara➰
Okay so I read some spoilers ahead of time because I wanted to be prepared. I knew what to expect. Nothing prepared me for the emotional part. I literally cried...sobbed really. And I KNEW what was going to happen. Of course it ends in a damn cliffhanger...on to book 3 because I gotta know the devil will get his due.
Gina
Apr 04, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, paranormal
3 Heartbreaking Stars

This book is difficult to rate, you have to read the entire series, and you have to read them in order. And it’s also hard to review for me without giving anything away. I would class books as a horror series with an MM romance.

In book two Jon moves in with Ellis and Rudy and they begin to make a life together. And while the love between Jon and Ellis begin to grow, the harassment and terror builds and threatens all their lives.

What bothers me in stories in when the MC’s
Lori
May 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bmbr-reads
(3.75 hearts rounded up to 4)

There was a lot to love about this trilogy - and I will say it is a series where you need to read all of the books and read them in order. Adrienne Wilder's characters are hurt and damaged. Jon, witness to his brother's terrible death as a child has never been able to let it go. As an adult and a US Marshal he has seen more tragedy and evil than any person could hope to deal with. On the precipice of choosing to end his pain it is the chatter of a mentall
HJ
Apr 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
reread 4/2015

More review to follow, but this is such an intriguing trilogy. Really brings to mind some of Stephen King's creepy novels. Elements from The Stand and others come to mind. By no means do I think this is an attempt to mimic the master of horror, but the creepiness and slow build to the paranormal/horror aspect is reminiscent. With gay protagonists.

^_^
Dreamer
The story continues and takes a tragic turn, made me cry.

"Ellis's life, for the past twenty years, has been Rudy. Every decision he makes, from what time to get up to what to cook for dinner. It wasn't a normal relationship." It was unique. Very rare. And twice as special.
Kade Boehme
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
oh Rudy. I'll remeber you forever. *sob*
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, kindle-unlimited
I think my heart was beating out of my chest this entire book.

Until I went numb. And believe me, I felt nothing. I’m not much of a crier but this had me very close. Instead I feel like I kind of shut down. This was very close to being way too much for me.

I just couldn’t put this down.

I’m not sure how I feel about the end though. It just kind of ended. It didn’t leave me desperate although I am. It just didn’t fit.

I think book three is going to be a breeze.

Eladio
Apr 01, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

The second book in the trilogy opens a few weeks after the events of the first book. Jon moves in with Ellis and Rudy while the town bully Lenny continues to run amok with no one able / willing to stop his escalating harassment of Jon, Ellis, and Rudy. The stress of all this causes Jon and Ellis to disagree strongly on how to protect themselves , which leads to a heart-rending blow-up and separation between the two men. This is well-written and understandable from each man’
Don Bradshaw
This middle book in the trilogy just kicks you in the gut and drags you behind a truck on a gravel road.
⚣Michaelle⚣
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to ⚣Michaelle⚣ by: Visited
4.3 Stars

Much like the first one, this book had me pinging between happy & heart-broken...and now I'm just emotionally exhausted but oh so ready for Ellis & Jon to put a stop to whatever evil is infecting their town. I need them to have a happy ending. Putting the next one on the TBR for certain!

Also, like I mentioned in my update: What the hell? I can't believe that in the middle of book 2 the author chose (view spoiler) ...more
Teresa
I'm not sure what I feel at the end of this book. This installation in the series was very depressing and ended with no resolution. I will be starting book three very soon as I need closure.
Jennifer  Ali
Powered through and finished this and it’s a shame because I love this authors writing style but I won’t be finishing this series. This book was too sad for me!
DaisyGirl
4.0 Stars

Holy shit. Okay, this one ripped my heart out. I have a category for tear-jerker books. This doesn't really fit the bill. If tear-jerker equates to "pass me the Kleenex," this was along the lines of "hand me a couple boxes, some Visine, and a butt-load of cucumber slices." Ugh. I hate crying and this one ... well, let's just say I wasn't fit for public viewing for a while.

But back to my review. I can't write one. Nothing coherent anyway. It's been 18 hours since
♣️ Lynda ♣️
Wiping Snot from Nose

I can't say too much or I'll give away what happens in this book. This book ripped me up and spit me out! Lenny is the Devil! All this over pulled hair? Really?

I feel there are Stephen King type elements to the plot. We'll see if it continues in the final book.

Everything happens for a reason

Yes but those reasons suck!!
Diane Dannenfeldt
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG this one tore me up. Rudy, breaks my heart. You saw the light but you couldn’t finish it. I have to continue so that I know how it ends. I’ll be back to write this review.
Sad and emotional in one spot, but the story in general is starting to lose me.
Paul
Apr 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 STARS

I am loving this series
**Kaycee**
**4 stars**

Emotional rollercoaster. No, more like a merry-go-round. Gah.

There better be justice at the end of book 3 that's all I got to say!!

But there can never be a true HEA now. :'(
Selipperydickdip
Another frigging awesome book ... loved it even if it gutted me.
Well written.
Becky Condit
May 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Trish reviews Rules Four and Five by Adrienne Wilder.

REVIEW: Rule number four: it has to happen.
Rule number five: everything happens for a reason.

Six months after Lenny and his thug buddies almost killed Jon at the Grove, he,Ellis, and Rudy are doing their best to put the past behind them. For Jon, Ellis and Rudy have given him a new chance at life. For Ellis, Jon is the one who took Elli
Rainbow Gold Reviews
This is book two of the trilogy and you need to read book one in order to get the most out of this book.

The story picks up right where we left off in book one. However, where the first book was spent building background and learning characters, this book jumps right into the meat of the story. We see the evil that is taking over the town and some of the people in it. I was seriously creeped out by some of the stuff that this author came up with. And I always like it when an author li
Rosie
Feb 17, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, romance
Okay so I'm halfway through the third and final book, and I just found out - THIS IS SET IN 1992?! Did I miss the memo?? Like, WHAT! SINCE WHEN! I remember them mentioning something about 1992 and I was like 'well no it can't be set then, they must mean in BLAHBLAH way'. And Rudy did only look at a video player, but I just thought they were disconnected and behind the times? I am honestly in so much shock right now. I kept thinking throughout this book 'they should tell their story online and it ...more
Janie
Oct 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ugh, I just can't stop reading these books. Once I star I'm hooked. This book broke my heart so many times, definitely do not read this book at work as I did, I must look a mess now. I cried and cried and I might have depression after reading this book. Okay so on a positive note, it was so good and I can't wait to read book 3 now. It's like a drug and I'm addicted. I must know what happens next. Surely it can't get any worse right?
Lisa
Jul 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance
I did love this book. I don't know if it was because I read it straight after the first one or what but it was just not as good. I still loved it but I just fund it very emotional. I loved all the characters so it was difficult to read in parts.
I would still definitely recommend to anyone who has read the first book. Just be prepared for heartache.
AliciaJ
This was an awesome story, but very dark and emotional as well. And a bit spooky *shiver*. I'm not sure if I have the cajones to read the last book or not, but I know I won't be forgetting this one anytime soon.
Riva
Wow, this series really took a dark turn. It appears to be more like a mm romance crossed with a Stephen King book. I'm am really intrigued to read the 3rd book.
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥
3.75

Fml not Rudy. I don't recommend reading this at work. I'm afraid to read the final book.
Traci
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cried and cried again. Keep reading the series, worth it.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
A Million More Pages: 2 - Rule Four and Five (MBK): Jan 17 12 17 Jan 18, 2015 09:34PM

• Spencer (Survivor Stories #3)
  • Breaking Point (Turning Point, #2)
  • Saving Alexander
  • Eater of Lives (SPECTR, #4)
  • Soulless
  • Billy's Bones
  • Bloodlines (Infected, #2)
  • Tequila Mockingbird (Sinners #3)
  • Honesty and Artifice
  • Strain (Strain, #1)
  • The Haunting of Timber Manor (Memoirs of the Human Wraiths, #1)
  • Home Work (Life Lessons, #3)
  • Collusion (Diversion #2)
  • The Value of Rain
  • Behind the Curtain
  • Dare to Love Forever (New Vampire Justice #1)
Georgia born and bred, I am an artist, a writer, and a general pain in the ass.
I spend most of my days working on my next book or designing cover art for other writers. For stress relief I do olympic lifting and occasionally run (but hate it). I have been in love with writing since I was very young but it wasn't until recently that I decided to pursue it as a profession.

I have experimented in se

My Brother's Keeper Trilogy (3 books)
  • The First Three Rules (My Brother's Keeper, #1)
  • The Final Rule (My Brother's Keeper, #3)