Start by marking “Promised (One Night, #1)” as Want to Read:

Read Excerpt

Promised

(One Night #1)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  23,771 ratings  ·  2,190 reviews
Livy notices him the moment he walks into the coffee shop. He's heart-stoppingly stunning, with a blue-eyed gaze so piercing she's almost too distracted to take his order. When he walks out the door, she thinks she'll never see him again. Then she finds the note he left on his napkin . . . signed M.

All he wants is one night to worship her. No feelings, no commitment,
Published July 17th 2014 by Forever (Grand Central Publishing)

·  23,771 ratings  ·  2,190 reviews

Start your review of Promised (One Night, #1)
• Lisa •
THREE ADDICTED TO YOU STARS.

"I'm not sure if I can function without you, I feel like you've become a vital part of what keeps me breathing."

description

I don't mind admitting that I'm one of those readers that happily fell straight into love with everything Jodi Ellen Malpas and her 'This man' series. Jesse Ward is an obsession, he was and still is one of my favourite main characters to date and to say that I was a little excited to be meeting another of this authors heroes would be a huge understatement.
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo ON1 cover xB by sb_zps03ocr6vd.gif

REVIEW TO BE POSTED AFTER I FINISH BOOK 2!

Books in One Night Series should be read in order:

Christy
Mar 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 ‘my thing’ stars!

photo 12823b22-ddbf-42e5-b941-d98cf45afb5c_zps5710b9df.jpg

Jodi Ellen Malpas is a talented writer and a favorite author of mine. Following a series like ‘This Man’ seems like an impossible feat. It was one of my favorites and Jesse Ward is on my top book boyfriends list. Although I didn’t love ‘One Night Promised’ as much as I loved ‘This Man’, it was still a good read for me. I feel like the rest of the series has loads of potential and will just get better from here.

Livy Taylor is a 24 year old girl who works in a coffee shop and
Candace
Jun 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance readers that enjoy a little emotional turmoil and angst
What a story! I have to say, this one surprised me. I listened to the Audible version and the narration was fantastic!

I really liked Livy and Miller, in their own way. My heart went out to Miller, despite his often cold mannerisms. Livy was sweet and had the "girl next door" thing going for her, in spite of her past ghosts. They were polar opposites...but you know what they say about opposites attracting.

Early on, it becomes evident that these two are headed for heartache, but they can't seem
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝

"I work hard. I'm emotionally and physically drained by it. I want to have you to worship and indulge in when I'm done'

One Night Promised was a "OK" read rather than impressive one. I have to say that I adore JEM's writing and JESSE STILL tops in my book boyfriend list.

What about M? Lemme see...

Captivating? Not really
Gave me butterflies? Nah
Sexy? Handsome? Scrumptious? Yes, that he was
Mysterious? Totally

And Olivia - started well, kinda liked her character and last 10% made me wanna kick her,
Dana Ilie
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jodi Ellen Malpas has outdone herself with this one. There’s so much more to learn about this mysterious man. Her writing has just gotten better, as you said more polished. I like the fact that her characters are different and she takes time to develop them. We read so much and sometimes these books, as well as the characters kinda just run into each other. She’s done a great job detailing these complex individuals.
The ending had me gasping.
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
Apr 21, 2014 marked it as to-read
Hope it's Jesse all over again....

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4.5 description's

Miller (aka M.) and Olivia meet when he goes into the coffee shop she works at and he orders coffee from her. She's immediately smitten and gets nervous while making the coffee especially since she's only worked there for a few days. And....Miller doesn't hesitate to let her know just how bad the coffee was.

I was bought and sold right from the note he left her. I love JEM's This Man series and was hoping for something similar and I wasn't disappointed. I couldn't put the book down!

Miller
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE STARS*****
(BR with Mel, Dee, and Sharon)

photo 710ce677e08aab386c2e28f76ff31b61_zps3d257b4b.jpg

When I first heard about this book, I was beyond excited!!!
Then I read a teaser to the first chapter and I swear I was counting down the days till August 5th!!
Jodi Ellen Malpas has done it again!!
She has created a story that has completely captivated me and she's created a book boyfriend that has gone straight to my top ten list!!

I specifically took a vacation day so that I could just sit on my couch and read this from start to finish with
Jennifer Kyle
Sep 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 Stars

"This beautiful, pure girl has fallen in love with the big bad wolf."

description

This is the type story that you have to finish to decide whether you like it or not. It is written in a way that you just keep going waiting for the something big to happen and see if your guesses are correct. The writing is good, the pace is on the slow side and the minor characters are more likable than the main ones.

Livy has secrets and an emptiness that was left by her prostitute mother’s abandonment. She has
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
description

5+++++ this is “our thing” stars!

“You’re too serious…”
“Life is serious.”

Gitte: One Night Promised had me laughing till I had tears, melt into a passionate puddle; followed by huge ugly crying. Ultimately though, it made me realise that any initial fears I may have had upon starting this new trilogy from Jodi Ellen Malpas were completely unnecessary and unfounded; my expectations were met, challenged and won over.

‘He’s no danger to me, except, maybe, to my heart.’

Jodi managed something not
Christie«SHBBblogger»
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

Title: Promised
Series:One Night #1
Author:Jodi Ellen Malpas
Release Date: July 17(UK) August 5, (US) 2014
Rating:5 stars
Cliffhanger:Yes
HEA: (view spoiler)

Five Worshiping and Cuddling stars!!

In this stunning follow up to the much acclaimed This Man series we get what every reader hopes to find. Complex characters and a plot with passion, intrigue, and it will only leave you wanting more. Many fans of the previous series are
* Meli Mel *

3.75 STARS

"I've lost control of everything. My mind. My heart. He's hijacking every part of me. I'm at his mercy. And I like it."

Livy is a twenty four year old newly employed at a coffee shop, where she is still struggling to get a hang on the coffee machine. In walks in a mysteriously handsome man looking to get a cup of coffee. The attraction is immediate, which causes Livy to fluster. After leaving a note he signed as "M" that insulted her coffee, she dislikes him. Thinking she will
Beverly
That awkward moment when you realized that you didn't enjoy that much, a book you wanted to read so bad.

boring photo 540747_zps03bdab49.gif

Our mysterious M is not that captivating. He's is sexy as hell I will tell you that much, but I didn't like his personality. He's not definitely Book Boyfriend material for me.

boring photo tumblr_inline_myzi4kqmQI1ribbkq_zpscdeb2b65.gif

Livy. I didn't like her. She was childish and a lot of things about her were just unbelievable. Actually a lot of things about the story were repetitive, not romantic ( I Couldn't feel sparks between them ), M was
Catarina
4 “M Stands For Mysterious” Stars!

Olivia is a 24 year old girl who works in a coffee shop and takes care of her old grandmother. She lives what apparently is a very simple life, until the day her path’s cross with “M”. They meet, they instantly connect but he can’t give her more than the name “M” and the promise of one amazing night together.
But a night turns into something much more deep and power and that’s dangerous when they are both hiding a past and secrets. And when those secrets
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
3 stars

This book is my first from Jodi Ellen Malpas and it was ok for me!It starts really good, I loved the mystery around M,he really intrigues me and I wanted to know who is he and what exactly he wants from Livy.

Livy is working in a coffee shop and she lives with her grandmother!She isn't comfortable with men and when they ask her out she always say no..Until she meets the mysterious,arrogant and beautiful man who will intrigued her a lot! What he wants from her?One night of pleasure..But
Anja
Jul 14, 2014 rated it liked it

>> >> >> >> >> OH MAN...<< << << << <<

I can't believe what I'm about to say... but this book left me somewhat disappointed :/

After reading the promising blurb I was so excited to meet the mysterious M

Normally, I fall in love with a book within the first pages, but that was definitely not the case here.
I just couldn't connect with the main characters and the storyline didn't grab me like I thought it would.

But then - at almost
~♡AB♡~
Apr 16, 2014 rated it liked it
The mysterious 'M' has had me intrigued since the blurb for this book was revealed so I was excited to start reading as soon as it hit my kindle. We begin by meeting Livy, a bit of a hermit, gay best friend, lives with her Nan and works at a bistro. She is afraid to live her life to the full in case she turns out like her mother, who abandoned her at a young age in favour of sex and the high life.

'M' visits the bistro in search of a coffee, Americano, 4 shots, 2 sugars and topped up half way
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Aug 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 I Have To Have You Stars!
(BR with Sharon, Patty & Denisse)

photo b9d92317-126e-4a42-b993-70f9713227f6.jpg

photo a780e0ab-b3cc-4e96-9423-32fccab9f43d.jpg

Olivia Taylor aka Livy/My Sweet Girl is a 24 yr. old woman living in London with her 81 yr. old grandmother. She has lived with her since she was born, and is her only family, other than her best friend Gregory that she adores like a brother.

photo 4e72e359-26ec-49c3-8347-c26b51e13e00.png

Livy works at a bistro/coffee shop, and also helps her boss with his catering business as a server. Other than work, Livy doesn't have much of a social life. Most of the time she stays
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Apr 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
description

5+++++ this is “our thing” stars!

“You’re too serious…”
“Life is serious.”

‘He’s no danger to me, except, maybe, to my heart.’

Jodi managed something not
Michelle
Jun 30, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 01-signed
Screenshot_1

Livy is playing it safe. Unwilling to allow life to take a detour. Caring for her grandmother has been her focus for years. Afraid of becoming her mother, afraid of falling into a life that could have destroyed her. But when he walks in, her life is going to be flipped upside down. He makes her want things she thought had faded into the past and for him, she exposes the worst parts of her life only so he can take it all away.

M is all bits mysterious and although we do learn his name, we’ll
KJ
Jul 17, 2014 rated it did not like it
I can't remember the last time i was so bored reading a book - I couldn't wait for this one but unfortunately it was a big let down - i forced myself to finish it but it was painful, really painful and the repetition of "I concur" almost brought me to tears -
Dee Montoya
****4 Enticing Stars****

(BR with Patty, Sharon and Mel)

As we all know the talented Jodie Ellen Malpas is the creator of one of our most beloved characters, Jesse Ward also known as The Lord of the Manor, but if you are planing on reading Promised (One Night #1), do yourself a favor and please forget about Jesse for a moment and give Ms. Malpas the opportunity to impress you yet again with this new story, and trust me she will. There is no comparison between these two amazing series, they are
Janey
Jul 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 sweet girl stars

Olivia Taylor felt the ground beneath her feet seismically move the day the mysterious, moody, meticulous, masterly, methodical M entered her life.

In an attempt to remain spoiler free, I'm just going to say that it took me a little while to warm to M, but once I did, I was left panting for November! I enjoyed Livy's character very much, and the dialogue with her Nan was epic. The storyline was entertaining, where plenty of scenes have been set for it to develop nicely.

Jodi
Stephanie • Ideally Inspired
*An Advance Reader Copy was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.*

DNF.

OY VEY. DNF.

D.

N.

F.

In a nutshell, me thinks this may have been better if it were a novella. Things got boring early on, and right when I thought it was picking up, it took two steps back into snoozeville.

I was hoping that since it was a new series, that I might've actually enjoyed this one-- the premise/blurb was definitely intriguing enough. I thought wrong.

Maybe me and Jodi Ellen Malpas' books don't
Aleigh
Apr 16, 2014 rated it it was ok
To say I'm disappointed in this first book of JEM's new series would be a massive understatement. I really, really liked her "This Man" series and was expecting so much more out of "One Night Promised" but I just struggled horribly with this book. I puttered my way through the first 40% and could not stop myself from skimming the rest. I like this author so much, I couldn't bring myself to DNF but I also knew I was not going to make it through the rest of the book otherwise.

From the very
Jasmine
4 PROMISING STARS

NOW LIVE ON AMAZON US! One Night (Promised)

"Every time I take you, you'll remember it. Each and every moment will be etched on that beautiful mind of yours forever. Every kiss. Every touch. Every word. Because that's how it is for me."

Ever since reading JEM's "The Man" trilogy and having Jesse Ward infiltrate my heart, being excited for this book would be a complete understatement! I managed to get the book once it went live and I couldn't wait to see what JEM would bring
Lucinda - I JUST LOVE TO READ
STANDALONE / PART OF A SERIES: Yes
POV: Olivia
HEA: (view spoiler)
Purchase links: http://www.amazon.com/One-Night-Promi...

Most of my friends will now that I LOVE this authors previous series (Jesse Ward) I have not one book boyfriend that compares to him. He is the Lord and he will always stay the Lord…. So now the question is does M take over from Jesse Ward??!!

NOPE, NEVER THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN

I like this book but I didn’t love it.
Jen
I was so excited to hear that there was a new series starting from Jodi Ellen Malpas! I loved her character Jesse from This Man..(who didn't?!)so I was dying to see what kind of hero she would create this time around. I have to say that the mysterious "M" is definitely a hero that I did melt over, and I am eager for more of him; but there were some things in this book that I was a bit hesitant about.
In the beginning of the story, I was sucked right into the storyline, and I became absorbed into
Goodreads Librari...: add book cover 2 14 Jul 21, 2016 02:29PM
Lorelei James & O...: March Group Read~Promised by Jodi Ellen Malpas 90 21 Mar 21, 2015 05:04AM
Spoiler: how are Miller an William related? 56 379 Mar 04, 2015 02:35PM
Goodreads Librari...: Ebook cover art missing 2 16 Feb 23, 2015 11:18AM
Turning Pages At ...: One Night: Promise by Jodi Ellen Malpas 7 48 Aug 06, 2014 07:05AM

• Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Captivated by You (Crossfire, #4)
  • Claim Me (Stark Trilogy, #2)
  • Entwined with You (Crossfire, #3)
  • One with You (Crossfire, #5)
  • Forever with You (Fixed, #3)
  • Una noche : traicionada
  • Found in You (Fixed, #2)
  • Fixed on You (Fixed, #1)
  • Complete Me (Stark Trilogy, #3)
  • Manwhore (Manwhore, #1)
  • Crashed (Driven, #3)
  • In Flight (Up in the Air, #1)
  • Grounded (Up in the Air, #3)
  • Gabriel's Inferno (Gabriel's Inferno, #1)
  • Beauty from Pain (Beauty, #1)
  • Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2)
  • Fueled (Driven, #2)
‘A lingering idea that I just couldn’t ignore.’ – Jodi Ellen Malpas

Jodi Ellen Malpas wrote her debut series, The This Man Trilogy, in secret, worried about what people might think if they knew what her imagination was capable of. She was shocked herself. But she finally found the courage to unleash her creative streak and self-published THIS MAN - the first book of the This Man Trilogy - in

One Night (3 books)
  • Denied (One Night, #2)
  • Unveiled (One Night, #3)
“close your eyes and enjoy the silence” 12 likes
“No matter what will happened ,you really are my sweet girl .Nothing will change that” 12 likes