Start by marking “Rescue Me: A Valentine's Day Short Story” as Want to Read:
Rescue Me: A Valentine's Day Short Story

Rescue Me: A Valentine's Day Short Story

Getting stood up on Valentine’s Day has taken Molly Mack places she never would have dared to go…

After Molly Mack’s deadbeat boyfriend dumps her on the most romantic day of the year, Molly finds herself pushed to the edge—and in a tight spot. The only rescuer for miles around is her grumpy, laconic—and piping hot—neighbor, Dave Jenkins. Before long, Molly and Dave have str
ebook
Published February 7th 2014 by Smashwords Edition (first published February 5th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Rescue Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rescue Me

Alp
Sep 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a lovely novella! I liked the characters and the plot. It had real potential to be developed into a full length novel.
Feb 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rescue Me is a short story that is currently available for free on Smashwords HERE. I'm not sure if this is a permanent freebie but I suspect it is discounted for a limited time considering you have to pay for it via the Kindle store. At around 35 pages this was a very quick read but it was one I enjoyed and I actually would have liked to spend more time with these characters.

Molly is having the Valentine's Day from hell, not only has she been dumped by her boyfriend but she now finds herself in
Char (1RadReader59)
Here you have two neighbors who saw each other daily but never really spoke. Molly Mack and Dave Jenkins. Molly outgoing and always smiling yet every time she met or saw Dave he never said "Hi!" or wouldn't even acknowledge her. So, she could never introduce herself to him. Yet, on Valentine's Day one of the most important days for a dating couple but especially Molly since she had taken a lot of time primping. It was for her at least until about 45 minutes before Peyton was to pick her up.
Pe
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
Who loooooves reading themed little stories? *raises hands*

Serena Bell decided to gift her readers, and by readers I feel like she intended this one for me, and she did it with a Valentine’s Day novella. So she took hold of her favorite pen and a notepad and wrote me 6,000 perfect words. It’s itty bitty shorty, no need to power up the laptop, right?

I can’t really say much about the story. But I can say it is wonderfully swoony and even funny at times. It’s well written and cute, and it’s a perfe
J. Kahele
So the story starts on a ledge

I seriously thought this woman was suicidal, but we learn quickly the reason why Molly is on the ledge, is because after her boyfriend cancelled a date on Valentine's Day to take another woman, she whipped her expensive shoe thinking it would hit the wall and it actually flew out the window, landing on the ledge. And now here was where she was stuck on the ledge.

This was very funny and a good read.
Dina
Nice quick read with a cute hero, a quirky heroine, no sex scene (but far from being "clean") and a (sort of) HFN ending. The setup wasn't exactly the best, but everything turned out okay.
Patty
Feb 16, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, ibooks
My Thoughts
Rescue Me is a short & sweet novella that was released for Valentine's Day.

"Valentine's Day rebound, she thought...". What? Did I actually just read that? Oh yes, I did. Maybe it's just me, but I'm not a fan of the rebound. I wish Molly had previous feelings for her hot neighbour, Dave. And if she did, I don't think it was properly . I'm not sure what Serena's intentions were, but that is what I gathered from reading this.

Although this was a cute short read, I was expecting more
Iza
This is a freebie available at Smashwords : http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/...

A very short story, lightly (very lightly) erotic, but funny and enjoyable !

I read it on my computer with a smile on my face :)
Carole Rae
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Oooooh Molly. You poor girl. But it all works out for you I guess! Sexy neighbor coming to save you from your silly ex, yourself, and you getting stuck on that ledge. Yayy Dave.

Okay...so yes. Short story. Girl needs saving from the hot neighbor guy. They kiss, they talk, and they find love on a cold Valentine's Day night. It hit all the points you would expect of it, but what I didn't expect was comedy.

This had me laughing! In a good way mind you! With it...not at it. Molly is hilarious and I
Crystal
Molly has had the worst Valentine’s Day yet. As she’s getting ready for her date with her boyfriend, he calls to cancel. He’s found someone else and has decided that he needs to spend Valentine’s Day with her instead. Throwing her shoe at her wall in frustration, she ends up throwing the expensive shoe out the open window. Then she climbed out the window to grab it and ends up getting stuck on the ledge when fear kicks in.
Dave, her sexy but quiet neighbor happens to come home and finds her stuc
Coral
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Impulsive

We've all been there - acted very impulsive & then try to be "cool" when caught being stupid. One of my favorite parts was her explanation of how the window jumped in front of her thrown shoe. Really enjoyed this short story.
Judi
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun read

I loved this short, funny story . The characters were so interesting and cute. The author was able to add steam to a quirky, fun story. I would highly recommend this to anyone.
Michelle
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This is a cute valentines short story. It makes a quick read so it's perfect for bedtime. I think it would be great if the author did another story so you could see what happens to the characters.
Lisa
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
😄

When she got stood up and dumped by her boyfriend on Valentine’s Day her jimmy choo put her in a bad situation but when a handsome stranger happens to find her stuck on the roof he might be her savior.
Patti
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-ebooks, holiday
You never know where you are going to meet your Valentine! A chance meeting to put it all in perspective.
shelia harman
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Neighbors

This book was good but it needs to be slightly longer it leaves you wondering about the characters and the rest of the story
Charlotte
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it is a nice short novella to read quickly, but I loved it
ck8
3.5*

Short and sweet and liked the dialogue.
sheila
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute

It was a cute meet story. Wish it had been a tad bit longer. Shows what a temper can get you into......and out of.
Jen_C
Jul 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"I clam up around attractive women.” She felt a flush of pleasure at that, reawakening the parts of her that had been stirred up earlier.
“But you’re talking to me now. Does that mean you no longer find me attractive?”
“Hell, no. No danger of that.” Oh, she liked that. She liked it all the way down to her toes, with some stops for more intense reflection on the way. “The situation distracted me. But I’ll probably clam up again now that I’m sitting two inches away from you and—would I be way out
Shardallinee
I was laughing out loud while reading this short novellette! I loved it! The writing itself is superb and the sheer comedy of the story kept me reading on, while giggling like mad.

Molly Mack didn't expect her Valentine's Day would be such a disaster. She was dumped by her boyfriend on this most romantic day of the year, and got stuck on the unstable ledge out her window while saving her precious and new Jimmy Choo stiletto. Now she needs to be saved herself. It is freezing out there and her mumm
UltraMeital
This is a very short novella (round 30 pages) released for free for Valentine's Day!

It was such a sweet little story. Really enjoyed it. In a sentence, Molly got stuck on the balcony when she tries to "save" a shoe she accidentally threw out the window after her boyfriend, well, ex-boyfriend as it seems, dumped her on Valentine's Day. Her sexy neighbor Dave comes to the rescue and by the way shows her how much more she deserves even more she doesn't ask for much.

I think I kinda needed this novel
Amanda ChocolatePages
I did enjoy this book, the story was nice and it was a quick fun read. The characters were interesting, I liked the beginning where the main character Molly is so mad that she throws her shoe across the room, with the shoe ending up going out the window!

As, its a short story I won’t speak anymore of the plot. It won’t take you long to read it yourself. I liked the story, but there were parts in it that were a little too raunchy for me. I am a bit of a prude. I think if the raunchy parts were tam
Ladynight
May 01, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: free-e-books
Well, this was a free, short story that left me wondering how I really feel about it...I am still confuse. For one, I loved that it is a short story and the main character is not an innocent girl that falls for the charm of a rich man, etc, etc; but at the same time something that is really important for me is to be able to connect with the characters and honestly (for obvious reasons) I was not able to connect with her.
But I did enjoy the story's freshness and the fact that even when it didn't
Kim
Feb 13, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2014
This was good. Well written. Very short. Not so crazy about the setup. Molly's boyfriend of six months cancels on her on Valentine's Day for another woman. She throws a Jimmy Choo out the window (I so can't relate to the super expensive shoe fetish) and crawls out after it. Then remembers she's afraid of heights and refuses to crawl back in. Her sexy neighbor rescues her. Her ex shows up, but she goes off with the sexy neighbor. Just didn't really like the rebound, I guess.
Tanesha
Mar 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Claude Dancourt
It was a great idea for a romantic short story: a woman stood up by her boyfriend on VD gets stuck outside her apartment, and is 'rescued' by her hot neighbor. Unfortunately, the mystery man is not the expected alpha. Serena Bell built a nice character, but more in the 'boy-next-door' style which would have served this story just right.

A bit more sarcasm, a tad less 'no panties' jokes, and it would have been perfect.
Mel
I'd compare this book to eating mini size salted caramel chocolate in a blindfold. I was very confused of how she got stuck before. Then when the neighbor showed up things became better... then holy snap it was delicious ...then it (sadly) ended really quickly.

It was a cute and quick read. Within this very short amount of words, the author also reminded us that people get together because of complimentary personalities, rather then just looks (although looks does help.)

Michelle
May 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
A sexy, short read. I loved that despite this being such a short story, there was still a good amount of honest emotion and conversation between the characters. This was the first time I'd read anything by Serena Bell & I can't wait to read more of her work.
Keertana
Aww, I wish this was longer! It was just too short and had so much wicked potential for a longer novella or at least a short story if not a full-length novel. Still, such a pleasant pick-me-up sure to bring a smile to your face. :)

• Beneath the Boss (Beneath the Boss, #1)
  • Aching for Home
  • Holiday Heat
  • A Kiss for Christmas
  • Hearts on Fire
  • LaMisha
  • Chocolate Kisses
  • Touch: Passionate Encounter (Touch, #1)
  • Double Penetration in the Desert
  • In the Arms of the Billionaire (Whatever He Desires, #1)
  • Christmas Kisses (Romance on the Ranch, #5)
  • Vampire and Billionaire - Vol.1
  • Thrilling Her (Sensual Erotica, #12)
  • Six Degrees Of Passion
  • Welcome to Hell (Mel Goes to Hell, #1)
  • Lovers Moan
  • Claimed by the Alpha
  • Overcome (Hidden Pleasures #1)
USA Today bestselling author Serena Bell writes contemporary romance with heat, heart, and humor. A former journalist, Serena has always believed that everyone has an amazing story to tell if you listen carefully, and you can often find her scribbling in her tiny garret office, mainlining chocolate and bringing to life the tales in her head.

Serena’s books have earned many honors, including an RT