Start by marking “Blood And Chrysanthemums (Creed, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blood And Chrysanthemums (Creed, #2)

Blood And Chrysanthemums

(Creed #2)

In this follow-up to "The Night Inside", Ardeth is initiated into a new existence by 500-year-old vampire Dimitri Rozokov, beginning a honeymoon of dark-shrouded happiness. But then comes betrayal and the temptation no undead can resist.
Published September 28th 1995 by Signet Books (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Blood And Chrysanthemums, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood And Chrysanthemums

Willow
Aug 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vampire
Since I absolutely loved The Night Inside, of course I had to read the sequel, Blood And Chrysanthemums. Unfortunately, this book isn’t half as good as the first. Yes the intriguing characters are still there, but they’re given little to do. There’s no action or suspense, just a lot of pondering about what it’s like to be a vampire and vampire philosophy. It’s kind of slow.

In The Night Inside, Ardeth went through a pretty complex character arc, changing into a different creature with a totally
Dfordoom
Apr 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror-gothic
A vampire love story in a Japanese setting. Highly unusual and original, and oddly moving, with very sympathetic vampires. But they don't whine the way Anne Rice's vampires whine!
Kazen
Sep 15, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mixed feelings here. I like that this is a continuation of the non-sparkly, non-romance-y vampire tale from book one and the first half was promising. But then this other vampire appears. He's old, mad old, and is from Japan.

It makes sense - if you're going to make someone over a thousand years old there are only so many cultures to choose from. And if you go the European route it ends up being dark, not to mention that the reader probably already knows the history. May as well go with the exoti
Mical
Feb 23, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I started this book not realizing it was a sequel to another I read many years ago. It took me quite by surprise when names and characters I remember leapt out of the pages at me and drew me again into a world of twilight and shadow.
The story continues the tale of a vampire, newly made and her sire, both struggling to come to terms with the changes in their existance. Her new 'life' and his emergence into a century from captivity and a slumber that lasted far longer than he intended.
There is a
Michelle
Sep 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
I had to read the sequel to The Night Inside and I was not disappointed... Same fast paced well written style as the first... One of the few pairs of books I haven't parted with even with my obsession with my kindle... Sadly, these are not available on kindle, but I will keep my battered copies and re read them as and when...
V
May 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who like vampires that dont sparkle
Shelves: classic-vampire
I found this in a used book sale at my local library several years ago. I loved the story. Its slightly different than traditional vampires, but not as extreme and as horrible as Twilight. I loved the characters. Its slightly for a mature audience. The ending killed me and so I erased it from my memory.
Kit
Jul 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
This wasn't the first book in the series but I picked up at my fave used book shoppe. This series is no longer in print but I'm glad that I picked it up when I did. It was an intersting book with chapters depicting past and present. It was an emotional book, and I really fell in love with the ancient Japanese vampire and his sorrows. I did like the Asian aspect of this book as well. It added a romantic touch. Also this book is by a Canadian author and this particular book in the series was set i ...more
Chris
I didn't enjoy this book as much as I enjoyed its prequel. It almost seems bi-polar in terms of what the book is trying to do. I really enjoyed the sections of the book that took place in Japan, and in fact, wish that the whole sequence had been a book until itself. That said, the book still has a nice exploration of what being a vampire can do to someone, something that many books irgnore.
Catherine
Oct 19, 2015 rated it did not like it
I enjoyed the Kiss of the Vampire but this sequel is lacklustre - there was no adventure and no exciting vampire stuff. The two main characters spent the whole time agonising over their relationship for no reason other than to create an excuse for a plot. I got bored and gave up.
Susan
Dec 24, 2016 rated it liked it
After reading The Night Inside I expected Blood and Chrysanthemums to be just as good if not better. However, for me this novel fell flat, the beginning was very boring and didn't pick up until the Japanese vampire was introduced.
Simon Best
Dec 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
liked it
Velvetink
Sep 09, 2010 marked it as to-read
Shelves: horror-etc
*note to self.copy from Al.
Ross Armstrong
Mar 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Sequel to The Night Inside.
Aida
Jun 13, 2009 rated it did not like it
Shelves: owned
I read the first 60-80 pages and just...couldn't continue. It really didn't interest me that much. I'm not sure if it was the writing or the plot, probably both, but it just made me yawn.
Katie
Feb 03, 2013
Jeannie Walkey
Jan 07, 2015
Thomas
rated it did not like it
Nov 20, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Burying the Shadow
  • The Vampire Virus
  • The Golden
  • Blood Alone (Austra Family, #2)
  • Darkness, I (Blood Opera Sequence, #3)
  • The Delicate Dependency: A Novel of the Vampire Life
  • The Hunger (Hunger, #1)
  • Slave of My Thirst
  • In the Blood (Sonja Blue, #2)
  • Vampire Junction
  • Red Death (Jonathan Barrett, Gentleman Vampire, #1)
  • A Dance In Blood Velvet (Blood Wine, #2)
  • Der Thron der Libelle (Drachen-Zyklus, #2)
  • The Secret Life Of Laszlo, Count Dracula
  • Dracula's Brood: Neglected Vampire Classics
Nancy Baker blames her life-long love of horror and fantasy fiction on the first horror story she can remember: The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin by Beatrix Potter. She dabbled in rock and roll (writing lyrics and singing in basement bands during her university years) before switching to writing fiction. She made her first professional sale in 1988, to Rod Serling’s Twilight Zone magazine and has subseq ...more

Creed (2 books)
  • Kiss of the Vampire (Creed, #1)