Start by marking “Lifeline” as Want to Read:
Lifeline

Lifeline (Star Trek: Voyager - Starfleet Academy #1)

3.41  ·  Rating details ·  59 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Cadet Kathyrn Janeway, the ambitious daughter of Vice Admiral Edward Janeway, is determined to prove herself at Starfleet Academy. Her tough commander, Etienne Mallet, demands perfection, but Kathyrn is ready for the challenge.
It isn't easy, especially with two "two" roommates: a pair of identical Diasoman twins named ThrumPol. Kathyrn thinks she can face the pressure alo
Published August 1st 1997 by Aladdin Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Lifeline, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lifeline

Mauri
Jun 05, 2007 rated it really liked it
"what I learned from this book"?

How about, If you want a book, it would be better to buy it, than to try and type it all up from your library copy.

Seriously, I got through the first chapter before my mom took pity on me.

I never watched Star Trek: Voyager, but I liked this book. What especially stands out now is the anecdote about the cadet who slept in his uniform so as not to fail dorm inspection. Sweet.
Angela
Oct 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Janeway starts starfleet academy, she is very driven, and puts work before everything. She learns that, perhaps, that is not the way to live. I could really imagine Janeway being like that as a young woman, and thought it was well written. It's nice to read an academy book that is actually all about student life and passing, rather than life and death situations. A good read.
Christina Farr-Thompson
definitely made for A VERY young kid around 10. good lesson though.
Daniel Devereux
Sep 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
It was just okay, not really much to write home about. It's quite possible that I expected too much from a children's book. I don't feel like much, if any, plot was resolved. I don't feel that much of any literary structure was present here. This will probably be much better if read back to back with the other two in the series, making three novels as one.

"It was standard practice for roommates to meet upon arrival at the Academy. But Kathryn had never heard of a cadet getting two roommates, and
Cara Noyes
Jun 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: star-trek, fiction
Not sure what # book this is for my summer reading, but I'm cruisings along. This one fed my Star Trek fettish. I liked the young Kathryn Janeway just starting out. Her gotta-do-it-better-than-anyone personality was spot-on, as I imagined her to be as a young adult. I loved the Thrum-Pol Diasoman twins as her roomies and their challenges. This was a fun, fast read.
Mikael Kuoppala
Jul 25, 2011 rated it liked it
The characterization is good, but there is virtually no story in this one. It is too much of a description of the life of a student in the 24th century with serious storytelling missing.

It's worth a read, especially if you like Janeway. After all, it gives us some background information about her first days in the academy, but it's nothing nearly as good as it might have been.
Sean Randall
Aug 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
Further stories may appeal more, but hairclipsand teenage tantrums aren't the Janeway I want to read about. I suppose were I younger and female... still. Interesting, but not overly so.
Laura Millard
Kiri
Mar 29, 2013
Kim
Jan 22, 2009
David Cody Weiss is a published adapter, author, and an editor of children's books and young adult books. Some of the published credits of David Cody Weiss include Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, Phonics Comics: Hiro Dragon Warrior - Battle at Mount Kamado (Phonics Comics), Groovy Tube Books: Monsters (Groovy Tube Books), and Phonics Comics: Hiro - Level 2: Dragon Warrior (Phonics Comics).
More about David Cody Weiss

Star Trek: Voyager - Starfleet Academy (3 books)
  • The Chance Factor
  • Quarantine  (Star Trek Voyager: Starfleet Academy #3)