Start by marking “Sadie's Mountain (Montani Semper Liberi , #1)” as Want to Read:
Sadie's Mountain (Montani Semper Liberi , #1)

Sadie's Mountain

(An Appalachian Novel #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  67 ratings  ·  24 reviews

A decade later, Sadie returns to Appalachia to care for her ailing mother,
ebook
Published October 20th 2013 by Smashwords Edition (first published July 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Sadie's Mountain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sadie's Mountain

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Sadie's Mountain (Montani Semper Liberi , #1)
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Sep 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the Sweet Gum Tree, lovers of book with small town vibe
It reminded me a little of The Sweet Gum Tree and I think if you loved this book Sadie's story could be your cup of tea.

You discover the life in a small traditional town, where everyone knows everyone as their ancestors went to school together. People mourn together, rejoyce with their neighbours, help with the kids and gather at church. The majestic mountains make a wonderful backdrop with their vibrant colors when fall is coming and their buoyant rivers filled with red truits.

Sadie's drama hit
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
This is another wonderful gem I found buried in the depths of my unread books. Purchased in 2013 and just patiently waiting for my attention :-)

Sadie and Dillon became best friends living next door to each other growing up. Even at a young age Dillon declared that one day he would marry Sadie, much to the chagrin of her father. Dillon is four years older than Sadie and very aware that he needs to be patient until they are old enough to make plans for a future together. Until the night something
Lisa
*ARC Given to Blog for Honest Review*

4 ‘Your Are My Flower’ "live wires" ‘Gauley Mountain’ Kisses

I first read Sadie's mountain on fiction press close to a year ago. I was completely swept up in this insanely emotional story and now reading the published version...it felt just like it did the first time. This is a hard hitting story...it deals with a lot of things not for the faint of heart and you must be prepared to cry (multiple times...).

Sadie Jane Sparks is a good girl...pure, innocent,
Paula
This book was something else – in the best way possible. When I read the blurb I was expecting the generic “she was hurt, he heals her, happily ever after” stuff. But damn, it was so much more than that. This is the type of book that steals a piece of your heart.

The story is so versatile, has so many layers, that you don’t finish peeling them off until the very last page.

It is about a woman whose life changed within the blink of an eye. She had everything taken from her – her future, her
Tbird London
I will be honest, when I started this book I was worried if I could get into it, but by the end of the first chapter I was hooked. So many story plots revolving around Sadie and Dillon that there was no way to not just keep reading to see what happened.

Sadie knew Dillon was the one for her, even as children. He professed his love to her and his desire to marry her when she was a young teenager. One day he let his passion for her get just a little out of control for these God-fearing people and
Marieke ~ Marieke's Books
Oct 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sadie's Mountain ~ 4.5 stars

“Love is friendship…caught fire.”

Sadie is on her way home, a home she has left behind ten years ago. Sadie grew up in a religious family, her father being the strict pastor of their congregation. From a very young age Sadie has had a special bond with Dillon, the boy next door. He’s a bit older, but the two of them are inseparable and everybody knows they will end up together. But when Sadie is 15, she barely survives a horrific attack and everything changes. She
Jun 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
This review was originally posted to Jen in Bookland

Sadie's Mountain was a really sweet read. Even with all of the bad stuff that happens, how it is basically the story of a girl trying to move on from the horrors of her past, it still manages to hold onto an innocence that I loved. It was just a really sweet romance.

Sadie and Dillon have been friends forever. They were always incredibly close and Dillion planned on marrying her one day. Only something happened, something horrible happened to
Christina Rodriguez
3.5 Stars.
"I am his, and he is mine"

(Thank you to the author and Debra at Book Enthusiast for providing me with an ARC.)

Sadie's Mountain is a story of love, loss, despair, and the will to overcome tragedy. From the moment you begin to read this story you will be emotionally connected to the protagonist until the very end.

After being a victim of rape, Sadie is sent away from her home. The place that she once felt protected and loved and where the boy of her dreams holds her heart. From the
Miranda Whore
Aug 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review for Sadie’s Mountain by Shelby Rebecca
Sadie’s Mountain isn’t exactly what I expected. I will be totally honest. I enjoy books with small town/country settings. I adore small town folks who stick together and rally around. I even can get really into a book that has subject matter that is disturbing. Honestly, some of the best books I have read have graphic and/or abusive content. This book has all of those things including second-chance love, which is another weakness of mine when it comes
Loredana
Nov 06, 2015 rated it really liked it

This book started in such a dark tone that I *almost* put it down permanently. However, I was smart enough to listen to a friend, and continued reading the book. I am so glad that I did. The series is titled Reclaiming Life. Goodness, what an appropriate name. Fair warning, there are some very dark themes and twists to this story, but they are completely worth investment of time.

Sadie comes an ultra-conservative family, once which irked me to no end. I’m sure her dad thought he was
Nikki Barrett
Oct 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ahh, young love. Do you remember it? It's that feeling of butterflies in the stomach, the feeling of the unknown with someone you've grown up with, or even just met. However it is, young love should be treasured. not shattered by a night a young girl could never forget. But for Sadie, just as she was on the brink of finding something so innocent, so beautiful, her life is changed in an instant.

And nothing is the same since.

But as we always learn, you can never run from your past forever. Come
Kathy
Nov 22, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lisa Crowe smith
This book was a wonderful love story that gripped me a pulled me in from the very beginning. I would give it 10 stars. Wonderful read for a rainy weekend.!!!
Kayla
Oct 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Synopsis: “One fateful night, Sadie Sparks' young life was changed forever. Just as she was discovering love with her best friend, Dillon McGraw, someone else was plotting to take her for his own. Faced with choosing between the fear and threats and a safer life, Sadie leaves her West Virginia home for good.

A decade later, Sadie returns to Appalachia to care for her ailing mother, but stays to fight for the mountain she loves. Her struggles to protect it from being ravaged for coal put her in
Rachel
Oct 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Obsession Is A Book - Terrie
(ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review)

Sadie grows up in a strict religious home. With a deeply religious father. When she is brought home one night by her best friend Dillon after he found her dumped and left to die her Dad blames her for the it. Sadie leaves her home town soon after never looking back, leaving a heart broken Dillon behind. Years later and Sadie is back in her home town all grown up and possibly ready to face her fears.

Through the book we see Sadie grown from
Teresa
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
I won a book of my choice from this author in a drawing. I am so very glad I chose Sadie's Mountain. I absolutely love this book. We begin with a tear jerker. Sadie loses everything in a moment in time at age 15 when she is attacked. Her world changes and she has no choice but to leave home and begin a new life. Traumatized, it takes her years to heal. When her mother lies on her deathbed, Sadie comes home. Home is where the love of her life is and also where her worst nightmare lives.

I had no
Kim
Sep 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have to say that I loved this book. This is a book that was so easy to get emotionally involved. I kept finding myself so into Sadie. You were happy at the time when she was. You wanted to cry when she was hurting. Sadie had to get passed what had happened to her ten years later after she came home to her dying mother. The one person that she loved her entire love was there. They rekindle there love. It was not easy for them. She had lied to him about who rape her. When he finds out who was ...more
Lisa
Aug 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was fantastic! The story captivated me from the beginning and I couldn't put it down. I loved how Dillon never gave up on Sadie and helped her find her strength. Sadie and Dillon will capture your heart. I can't wait to read more from this author.
Cassie
Oct 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a story that will stick with me for a while. I felt like I was there with Sadie, feeling all her emotions. Dillon, all I can say is awwwwww.......where are men like him???? Worth the read :)
Dserenil
Aug 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed it!! Author was great in her writing, to the point, you felt you were actually there. Loved it!!
Shelby Rebecca
Jul 05, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
This was my first book.
Tanya Vought
Oct 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Woah! what a book! I was sad, happy, angry and more while reading! I will have my full review come Oct 23rd while on the book tour!

Lindsey
Hema Vadivelu
Jul 25, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Change book cover photo 5 21 Sep 22, 2013 03:12PM
I fully believe that a book is nothing without a reader, and am so grateful when anyone reads one of my stories. Sadie's Mountain is my debut novel. The Phoenix Rising Series book one, The Stage, was released in summer of 2014. The Tour (Book 2)is scheduled to release in fall of 2014.

An Appalachian Novel (3 books)
  • Almost Loved (Montani Semper Liberi, #2)
  • Sadie Survived (Montani Semper Liberi,  #3)