Start by marking “Kissing Cousins” as Want to Read:
Kissing Cousins

Kissing Cousins

~A short Novelette Teen Love Story, 7,755 (Word Count)

Nyla West was a freshmen at James Taylor High. When Chase Donovan, a six feet tall popular basketball player, says, "What's up?" to her in the hallway, it was love at first sight. Well, at least for Nyla anyways.

Just when things were getting hot and heavy, Nyla and Chase's mothers tell them they can't see e
Published March 26th 2014 by Fox E. Flinn Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Kissing Cousins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kissing Cousins

Start your review of Kissing Cousins
Starlight
Jun 04, 2016 rated it did not like it
There are so many good reviews on this novel, and I honestly can't understand it. Sure, this book could be good for young teens to read and then discuss with their parents, but the writing style of this novel was the biggest turn off for me. It's very short, and as a result feels very rushed. The characters were flat and unmemorable, and I found myself constantly checking my progress through the novelette to see how close I was to finishing. If the author had put more effort into fleshing out th ...more
Rebecca
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Good read

This was a good book. It is one I think all young ladies should read then have a discussion with there mom afterwards. Nyla was like any other young girl that has their first love. I enjoyed this book and would highly recommend it.
Yvette Waite
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read and cute story. More young adults should read this so it can be a lesson for them
Donica James
Apr 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow that shit was crazy.I have seen that happen a couple of time lol.Well I'm glad her life turned life turned out better.Cant wait for part two
Ouida Robinson
Mar 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Author: Heaven Fox

Title: Kissing Cousins

Plot: Nyla West falls in love with Chase, a popular boy in her high school. Her mother tries to stop their relationship by telling Nyla and Chase are cousins. Nyla's mother tells Nyla to end the relationship because she thinks Chase is not right for her. But Nyla does not listen to her mother. When Nyla gets into trouble her mother comes to her rescue and helps her out.

Setting: In a small hometown, James Taylor High Scho
Tamara
Jul 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is was an ok read, I just wish it was a little longer. The author touched on, how kids think they know better than the parent but, in reality they don't. There were two parents trying to protect hearts from being broken. Nyla though that Chase loved her but, he proved her thoughts wrong. I actually felt sorry for Nyla at one point. it took some years but, Nyla was able to realize that Chase doing her the way he did, was for the best. Chase has a wife, kids, and they were still living with h ...more
~Gen hearts books.~
A good story and cautionary tale for young girls...Moms know best. She should have listened to her mom.

I don't want to spoil the story, but I think the young woman should have owned up to her mistakes and responsibilities and kept her child. Sorry, but I didn't agree with the abortion.
Melinated Expressions
May 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Straight To The Point

Great book to give adolescents girls going through hormonal changes and thinking they're experiencing true love while sacrificing themselves. Short but with all of the details necessary to make a point.
Tashia
Aug 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Bizarre twist in the end. An okay read. Reminded me of myself when I was younger.
June Montgomery-Lewis
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining

This is a good short story for teenagers. There's a definite lesson in this story that I wish to share with all youth. It was entertaining and a quick fun read
Clifton Sims
Sep 13, 2016 rated it liked it
It's cool

It was a coo story,crazy outcome I wanna see what's gonna happen with the cutest guy on campus now I need more
Broiny Elis
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
Could've been better!

The book was OK, but it seemed really rushed. Also, it didn't have a lot of depth. It really could've been better.
LEVON LAWRENCE
Aug 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Good

Good but very short. Gave !e something to read he last hour of work. Wish it was more to this story
Brianna
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ehhhhh

This book was not what I thought it would be from reading the title it was okay not great okay
Jadine
Feb 15, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: e-books
Ugh, this book about teenagers read like a teenager wrote it, which is probably more realistic but is super annoying as an adult woman to read. I don't understand the mothers deciding to tell the kids that they were cousins, when they weren't? I'm still unsure. Maybe talk to the girl about how the boy already knocked up some other girl. I just can't with this book.
Avverrecia Turner
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good read

This story had a very good storyline but I wish it was longer. More teenagers need to read this book. If a guy ask you to do something that will cause you to do something wrong he’s no good for you.
Shona Robinson
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nice Teen Novella

I didn't know this was a teen novel when I started reading it. It was a cute novella that I would give to a niece or granddaughter. Wish there was a little more to the story.
Anna Jaxksou
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book

I loved it
It was one of the best books I've read in along time
I would remend this book
Sharon Tyler
Jan 22, 2019 rated it did not like it
Rubbish

What can I say some of this book didn't make sense at all , sorry but not a be star from me
EJ
Dec 10, 2018 rated it did not like it
Why did I even bother?
lanya newsome
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Greatt

This book is really good it gives the aspect on being young and in love and the getting pregnant it was really good
Amelia
Nov 17, 2019 marked it as no-way-jose
When even the synopsis has bad grammar...
Boniethia Shelby
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good book

Keep me on my toes, could not put the book down. Very interesting can't wait to continue on with the rest of the series.
Donna Bixler
Mar 19, 2017 rated it liked it
It was ok

I thought they could have done better with details but overall pretty good!!! OK book overall! I would not read it again
Deedy Smith
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read for young girls

This is great for young girls who are becoming interested in boys for the first time. Eye opening for them to see the pros and cons of being sexual active. As well as the thought process from both angles.
Charity
Dec 30, 2016 rated it did not like it
Okay at the beginning , horrible at the end!!!

It breaks my heart that her own mother forced her to murder her baby!!! It is absolutely horrid. I think they should've changed that part!!!
Tara Mattox-ruiz
Sep 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Quick read

Good read. Moral of the story? Mother's are always right. Listen to your parents bc they may have been down that road before and they are trying to save you the heartache
Cece Williams
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good

This was a good read. I'm glad that Nyla got over Chase. She was detailed for a minute, but she got back on track. I hate Chase did her that way, but her mom tried to warn her.
Darnelle Rice
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Easy read

This was an easy read and a good book for a teen. I would recommended this book to read to a young lady.
Shanta Branch
Jul 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

I loved it . It was a good book and I can't wait to reads series around it. It was great

• Loving The Wrong Man
  • Ratchet Wives Club: Episode One
  • Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Side Chicks
  • My Best Friend's Brother (My Best Friend's Brother, #1)
  • Summer Unplugged (Summer Unplugged, #1)
  • Secrets of a Side Bitch
  • When Love Hurts (Jaylen and Jessica Series Book 1)
  • Taking the Reins (The Rosewoods, #1)
  • Addicted to Him
  • THE LYIN' KING
  • A GANGSTER'S GIRL
  • Relationship Status: We Tied Forever
  • A Girl From Flint
  • Trinity Falls (Finding Home, #1)
  • He Loves Me, He Loves You Not
  • She's About That Life: familiar Territory (She's about that life: Unfamiliar Territory Book 1)
  • Breaking the Ties That Bind