Start by marking “Kissing Cousins” as Want to Read:
Kissing Cousins

Kissing Cousins

~A short Novelette Teen Love Story, 7,755 (Word Count)

Nyla West was a freshmen at James Taylor High. When Chase Donovan, a six feet tall popular basketball player, says, "What's up?" to her in the hallway, it was love at first sight. Well, at least for Nyla anyways.

Just when things were getting hot and heavy, Nyla and Chase's mothers tell them they can't see each other an
Published March 26th 2014 by Fox E. Flinn Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Kissing Cousins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kissing Cousins

Start your review of Kissing Cousins
Starlight
Jun 04, 2016 rated it did not like it
There are so many good reviews on this novel, and I honestly can't understand it. Sure, this book could be good for young teens to read and then discuss with their parents, but the writing style of this novel was the biggest turn off for me. It's very short, and as a result feels very rushed. The characters were flat and unmemorable, and I found myself constantly checking my progress through the novelette to see how close I was to finishing. If the author had put more effort into fleshing out th ...more
Rebecca
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Good read

This was a good book. It is one I think all young ladies should read then have a discussion with there mom afterwards. Nyla was like any other young girl that has their first love. I enjoyed this book and would highly recommend it.
Yvette Waite
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read and cute story. More young adults should read this so it can be a lesson for them
Donica James
Apr 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow that shit was crazy.I have seen that happen a couple of time lol.Well I'm glad her life turned life turned out better.Cant wait for part two ...more
Ouida Robinson
Mar 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Author: Heaven Fox

Title: Kissing Cousins

Plot: Nyla West falls in love with Chase, a popular boy in her high school. Her mother tries to stop their relationship by telling Nyla and Chase are cousins. Nyla's mother tells Nyla to end the relationship because she thinks Chase is not right for her. But Nyla does not listen to her mother. When Nyla gets into trouble her mother comes to her rescue and helps her out.

Setting: In a small hometown, James Taylor High School

Characters: Nyla, Chase, Gia, Nyla
Tamara
Jul 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is was an ok read, I just wish it was a little longer. The author touched on, how kids think they know better than the parent but, in reality they don't. There were two parents trying to protect hearts from being broken. Nyla though that Chase loved her but, he proved her thoughts wrong. I actually felt sorry for Nyla at one point. it took some years but, Nyla was able to realize that Chase doing her the way he did, was for the best. Chase has a wife, kids, and they were still living with h ...more
Melinated Expressions
May 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Straight To The Point

Great book to give adolescents girls going through hormonal changes and thinking they're experiencing true love while sacrificing themselves. Short but with all of the details necessary to make a point.
~Gen hearts books.~
A good story and cautionary tale for young girls...Moms know best. She should have listened to her mom.

I don't want to spoil the story, but I think the young woman should have owned up to her mistakes and responsibilities and kept her child. Sorry, but I didn't agree with the abortion.
Brianna
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ehhhhh

This book was not what I thought it would be from reading the title it was okay not great okay
LEVON LAWRENCE
Aug 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Good

Good but very short. Gave !e something to read he last hour of work. Wish it was more to this story
Tashia
Aug 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Bizarre twist in the end. An okay read. Reminded me of myself when I was younger.
June Montgomery-Lewis
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining

This is a good short story for teenagers. There's a definite lesson in this story that I wish to share with all youth. It was entertaining and a quick fun read
Clifton Sims
Sep 13, 2016 rated it liked it
It's cool

It was a coo story,crazy outcome I wanna see what's gonna happen with the cutest guy on campus now I need more
Broiny Elis
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
Could've been better!

The book was OK, but it seemed really rushed. Also, it didn't have a lot of depth. It really could've been better.
Jadine
Feb 15, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: e-books
Ugh, this book about teenagers read like a teenager wrote it, which is probably more realistic but is super annoying as an adult woman to read. I don't understand the mothers deciding to tell the kids that they were cousins, when they weren't? I'm still unsure. Maybe talk to the girl about how the boy already knocked up some other girl. I just can't with this book. ...more
Anna Peterson
Oct 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great read for teens

Read this one young people, and believe me it can happen to you. First love is hard and can break your heart. Parents do know some things, they been through some stuff to. So listen to your parents if only to hear what they say. We always hope you can think for yourself. 4 out of 5 stars cause book was a little to short.
Shona Robinson
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nice Teen Novella

I didn't know this was a teen novel when I started reading it. It was a cute novella that I would give to a niece or granddaughter. Wish there was a little more to the story.
Avverrecia Turner
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good read

This story had a very good storyline but I wish it was longer. More teenagers need to read this book. If a guy ask you to do something that will cause you to do something wrong he’s no good for you.
Cacao Bean on YouTube
Did she learn her lesson.??? Will she make the sane mistake again.?? Did she finally have the talk with her mother about the🐦 🐝 ??? What is the moral of the story!?? How do we feel about abortion!??
I HAVE QUESTIONS!!!
lanya newsome
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Greatt

This book is really good it gives the aspect on being young and in love and the getting pregnant it was really good
Boniethia Shelby
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good book

Keep me on my toes, could not put the book down. Very interesting can't wait to continue on with the rest of the series.
Anna Jaxksou
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book

I loved it
It was one of the best books I've read in along time
I would remend this book
EJ
Dec 10, 2018 rated it did not like it
Why did I even bother?
Sharon Tyler
Jan 22, 2019 rated it did not like it
Rubbish

What can I say some of this book didn't make sense at all , sorry but not a be star from me
Amelia
Nov 17, 2019 marked it as no-way-jose
When even the synopsis has bad grammar...
carol
Aug 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Think

Lesson learned. There are times when our parents are the last people we want to hear, but listen. Our parents are there for more reasons than we know.
Kaniesha Baker-Hemphill
Dec 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good book

Sometimes listening to mom is the best thing you can do lol...good lesson for upcoming teens and young adults... great works issues to tackle
Donna Bixler
Mar 19, 2017 rated it liked it
It was ok

I thought they could have done better with details but overall pretty good!!! OK book overall! I would not read it again
Deedy Smith
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read for young girls

This is great for young girls who are becoming interested in boys for the first time. Eye opening for them to see the pros and cons of being sexual active. As well as the thought process from both angles.
Tara Mattox-ruiz
Sep 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Quick read

Good read. Moral of the story? Mother's are always right. Listen to your parents bc they may have been down that road before and they are trying to save you the heartache

• The Pastor's Admin
  • When Love Hurts (Jaylen and Jessica #1)
  • The Fierce 44: Black Americans Who Shook Up the World
  • 47
  • Guards! Guards! (Discworld, #8; City Watch #1)
  • Getting Out of Hand (Sapphire Falls, #1)
  • Dissever (Unbinding Fate, #1)
  • Rippler (Ripple, #1)
  • The Mind Readers (Mind Readers, #1)
  • Home for Christmas: A Collection of Sweet Christmas Shorts
  • Dissever
  • When It's Too Late to Tell (When it's . . .#1)
  • Last Call
  • Aveline (Lost Vegas Book 1)
  • Emma's Dream (Morgan's Run Romances #1)
  • Dark Summer (The Witchling, #1)
  • Chasing Forever Down (Drenaline Surf, #1)
  • Heal my Heart, Not my Soul: The story of Isaac, Dominic, and Luke