Start by marking “The One Minute Entrepreneur: The Secret to Creating and Sustaining a Successful Business” as Want to Read:

Mega-bestselling author Ken Blanchard and celebrated business leaders Don Hutson and Ethan Willis present an inspiring story that reveals the secrets to becoming a successful entrepreneur.

In THE ONE MINUTE ENTREPRENEUR, Ken Blanchard (coauthor of the #1 bestselling business classic The One Minute Manager), Don Hutson, CEO of U.S. Learning, and Ethan Willis, CEO of Prosper
Published April 29th 2008 by Crown Business

To ask other readers questions about The One Minute Entrepreneur, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The One Minute Entrepreneur

Erin
Jan 31, 2011 rated it it was ok
I've been reading a ton of small business/entrepreneur books lately and while this one had a few nuggets of wisdom, it was indeed just that-a few nuggets. I found it ironic that they have this title and waste what precious little time a small business owner has by weaving a yarn about someone's life story and telling it through rosy-glasses. One Minute Entrepreneur could actually be the 30-second Entrepreneur.

Visit the library and just read the observations at the end of each chapter instead of
Fred Ramsey
Aug 12, 2009 rated it it was ok
I went into this book really wanting to like it. I was expecting many practical, hard-hitting nuggets of advice about starting and running a business. While there were some, I never felt like I was reading the same book that was advertised on the cover.

The One Minute Entrepreneur is written in the form of a story about a young man looking for direction in his life. After getting arrested for being in a high school friend's car where drugs were found, he goes to work for a motivational speaker as
Matt Seltzer
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good. Not great. I'm a huge Blanchard fan, but this book didn't live up to what I was hoping for compared to his other works. The lessons themselves are good, but the narrative took the frontrunner spot in this, which is not what I'm looking for when I read his work. The second half of the book took too many assumptions about the reader's goals, and I felt I was fantasizing about entrepreneurship more than I was actually learning it.
Poonam Sharma
Jul 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
A really good read for someone wanting to start a business/already running a business and looking for some advice.
The main takeaway from the book for me was how important it is to have cash flow coming in. If someone is not paying you for your services, you don't have a business but a hobby. However I also learnt that you should not neglect the employees by focussing only on the bottom line. You need to make them feel like partners, empower them and make them soar like eagles and then they will
Deanna Roy
Aug 29, 2011 rated it liked it
I've been listening to audio versions of motivational books lately since I often spend two hours driving a day. I picked up One Minute Entrepreneur and for the first third of it, I did feel pretty charged--things I knew but had forgotten about time management, customer service, surrounding yourself with people who inspire you, etc.

I did like the aspect of the book of summarizing other gurus, because this gave me ideas about who to read next.

The simplistic story the insights hang on isn't very re
Nurliyana Amirah
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
My dad made me read this book. Well, business talk is not that bad after all. It's not just about making money. There's always something you can learn from a subject different from your field of study. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to start a business or is currently working in the business field.

Book challenge #6 book by an author you have never read before
Nagwan Noaman
Nov 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A must read for entrepreneurs.
David McClendon, Sr
Buy Now from Amazon: https://amzn.to/2Gfha9s
Watch on YouTube: https://youtu.be/mCxs-M6tzB4
We doubt you will find any serious student of business who has not read The One Minute Manager. It is the quintessential business book. During my training at a large bank, it was required reading. It has been considered a business classic for years.
Buy the One Minute Manager from Amazon: https://amzn.to/2MFLrzG

The One Minute Entrepreneur: The Secret to Creating and Sustaining a Successful Business by Ken Bl
Michael W.
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Although this is an older book, I happened to come across it in my one of my feeds, and I decided since I own and operate my own business it may be worth a listen. This book did not disappoint. There were great insights on running your own business and great examples for each point. Their are so much things that I learned, and I don't want to give it all away, but here are a few things that really resonated with me:

1) Take Care of your Numbers and your numbers will take care of you.
-------Runnin
Mark Manderson
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Top Takeaways:

ONE MIN INSIGHTS: Write down daily insights in a journal so can apply to life!

Spend time with people you admire and can learn from.

Rejection is a prerequisite for success!

Your fears will subside as you master the basics of business!

Profit is the applause you get for taking care of your customers and creating a motivating environment for your people.

Growing pains are a great problem to have!

Story of Fix-It man that had retirees on call who love helping people and making extra
Ion Bargan
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A book that every person should read before starting a company and maybe read every year for knowing and avoiding the mistakes described in the Jad and Terry’s story. An amazing book about the importance of mentors in our life and the balance between family and career.

In this life and business story you can find valuable advices such as the following: Never let your expences outstrip your revenue. Don’t be a banker for your customers. Timely collection of invoices is crucial.

Jad, the main charac
Sam
Dec 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Kenneth H. Blanchard writes a didactic Bildungsroman story about the fictional protagonist Judd who learns how to become a successful entrepreneur (in sales) while listening to the advice of mentors along his path. Each chapter ends with summarized takeaways for readers too. This book is a helpful introduction to entrepreneurship as a career path, for readers who have not read other such books. Also, this book is unique in that it attempts to overview an entire life in entrepreneurship, with an ...more
Chris Hall
Jun 30, 2018 rated it liked it

* It's not who you know - it's who knows you and what they think of you.
* Special Moments are any time that a person comes into contact with your organisation in a way where you they can form an impression.
* Don't quit your day job until you've got some success under your belt.
* Spend time with your spouse outside meals and sleeping. Act like a team.
* Never let expenses outstrip revenue. Don't be a banker for your customers.
* The secret to success is generating CASH, CASH, CASH.
* Cr
Steve
This book may have cured me from reading the 'business-fiction' genre. This is the third or forth one I've run into and it just doesn't work for me. The stories seemed contrived (which, being fiction, of course it is, but that's not what I mean) and for the time spent I think I could have just had read a 5 minute article making the same points.
I'd much rather hear a book of true case studies to make the same points. It would be more credible.
So.... resolved.... read reviews more thoroughly and d
Sandee
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a great easy read. Though you'd think the book's advice would be dated -- it was written in 2008 by some old white dudes -- the concepts are truly timeless and have aged well. There are so many great nuggets in here about business finance, customer service, employment management, and even work-life balance (though it's not called that). It's written as a fictional story, telling the story of a couple who went into business together. It's the kind of book you read and realize you want a ...more
Nathan
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
What's the difference between an overly simplified, moralistic novel and a "business parable?" As it turns out, not too much. I am a big Ken Blanchard fan and I can't argue with any of the principles espoused in this book. But, the three discs that made up the business parable were boring and tedious. Oh, and predictable. But most especially cliched. If you get this book, you might just want to skip the story and read the one minute insights.
James Williams
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was a fascinating read. It used a fictitious story to portray the benefits of creating partnerships with your customers, internal and external customers. It also demonstrates the relevance of active and sage mentors. It is a book that can serve as a boon to managers, leaders, and entrepreneurs.

Dr. James Williams
Author of From Thug to Scholar and How to Get Abs like a Bodybuilder but Eat like a Fat Boy
www.unmaskytp.com
Carrie
Dec 27, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a book for people already running a business - it’s mostly about interpersonal relationships - how to treat employees to foster success and to keep balance in your personal life. I can’t see this being terribly useful for most people *looking to launch a business.* If you already run a successful business and want to get your priorities back in check, maybe this is for you!
Ayat Saleh
May 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: entrepreneurship
Although the book was designed to advise the reader on the key elements of successful entrepreneurs, the book is shallow and doesn't provide deep information about each of those elements. Nevertheless, the book can be on the reading list of any manager as it is very short and can be a good companion during a travel.
Travis
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: entreprenuership
This book is a good reminder of keeping the important thing important in a starting a business. These are truth, caring, and basic money management. There is not a lot of depth on specific items that are needed to actually start and run a business, such as business structure (sole proprietor, LLC, Corp, etc).
Siva
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
In the same style as the One-Minute Manager, written with simplicity but meaningful message in the form of a story. Easy read, and enjoyed the story style.
Jonathan Crabb
Feb 07, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a small story based book around entrepreneurship. There were a couple points which were helpful, but nothing very revelatory.
RainyCraze
Apr 16, 2018 rated it liked it
This reads like the book form of an educational short film from the '50s, but if you don't mind a generous dose of narrative cheesiness it has great business advice.
Chuck Cova
Jul 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Good book in the spirit of the one minute series...
Stephen
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book good insights and principles.
Betsy Willing
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars - rates based on category and subject matter. This book isn’t meant to be Shakespeare, but a quick one day read with some critical business insights. Good for anyone running a business.
Bob Adolfson
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ken B is great to listen to and gives great insight & tips on how to navigate through the sole-prop journey
Abhinav Daharwal
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cool stuff
Marcos Durnbaugh
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's a great book. I like that it's in a story form and that helps keep you interested in the book. It's definitely a five-star book!
Cornel Păndălău-Klein
Not that good as expected! It's a short read so give it a try! Maybe you will like it and you will learn something from it!
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Business-Related ...: CALLING ALL ENTREPRENEURS!!! 2 10 Mar 02, 2015 12:05AM

• Never Get a “Real” Job: How to Dump Your Boss, Build a Business and Not Go Broke
  • Flipping the Switch...: Unleash the Power of Personal Accountability Using the Qbq!
  • OPM: Other People's Money: How to Attract Other People's Money for Your Investments -- The Ultimate Leverage
  • Creating Wealth: Retire in Ten Years Using Allen's Seven Principles of Wealth
  • The Zigzag Principle: The Goal Setting Strategy That Will Revolutionize Your Business and Your Life
  • The Power Principle: Influence With Honor
  • Beware the Naked Man Who Offers You His Shirt: Do What You Love, Love What You Do, and Deliver More Than You Promise
  • Turn the Page: How to Read Like a Top Leader
  • Loopholes of the Rich: How the Rich Legally Make More Money and Pay Less Tax
  • Descending Into Greatness
  • The Power of Small: Why Little Things Make All the Difference
  • Rich Dad's Who Took My Money?: Why Slow Investors Lose and Fast Money Wins!
  • E-Myth Mastery: The Seven Essential Disciplines for Building a World-Class Company
  • Guerrilla Marketing: Easy and Inexpensive Strategies for Making Big Profits from Your Small Business
  • The Power of Who: You Already Know Everyone You Need to Know
  • How to Sell Your Way Through Life
  • Ziglar on Selling
  • New Wellness Revolution
Ken Blanchard, one of the most influential leadership experts in the world, is the coauthor of the iconic bestseller, The One Minute Manager, and 60 other books whose combined sales total more than 21 million copies. His groundbreaking works have been translated into more than 27 languages and in 2005 he was inducted into Amazon’s Hall of Fame as one of the top 25 bestselling authors of all time.

K
“A good life is built on strong, solid values such as integrity, love, honesty, and purposeful work.” 0 likes