Start by marking “For by Grace (Spirit of Grace, #1)” as Want to Read:
For by Grace (Spirit of Grace, #1)

For by Grace

(Spirit of Grace #1)

Being a Sheriff’s Deputy is not all about saving lives and arresting criminals, and each day Grace wonders if she’ll make it home.

While kids at the schools Deputy Grace Halling visits see her as the knight in blue-cotton armor, people involved in the cases she is dispatched to have a different opinion. She has every confidence in her ability to do her job and arrest crimin
ebook, 1st, 256 pages
Published June 1st 2014 by Supposed Crimes, LLC (first published May 30th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about For by Grace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For by Grace

Kitty McIntosh
Nov 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Grace, a Sherrif's Deputy, is a confident woman, seemingly fearless and comfortable in her role. Being shot at a call-out changes her, makes her scared, unsure. She has to work through her fears and the new Chaplain, Amya, appears calm and sympathetic but ultimately unsuitable for the role of counsellor. A flicker of attraction between them means Grace will have to find another way through her problems. It would be a professional no-no to counsel a romantic interest.
The relationship between Grac
Katbyrdie
Another brilliant book by AJ that I had the pleasure of reading chapter by chapter before it was published. I haven't read this version, though (a few changes were made), so I'm super excited to read the final product! When I read the first version, I was on the edge of my seat the entire way. Grace and Amya are such brilliant characters. I kept finding a little of myself in each one. I love how realistic AJ's books are. Most writers over dramatize things, while AJ shows day by day trials that c ...more
Julie Murphy
Aug 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Leaves you hanging

Leaves you hanging

Literally leaves you hanging, along with the main character. Some typos and missing words, but not enough to detract from the reading of the story. I'd like to read more about the main character's personal life (she doesn't really have one despite having a secret gf) and less about the police work, except for the curious conundrum of cops getting shot. Will look forward to the next installment.
A.M. Leibowitz
I loved it. My favorite part about the book is the characters. Of course, I adore Grace herself--she's someone I'd like to know in real life! But I'm also drawn in by the people in her life. She's surrounded by fascinating individuals. If you just want to spend an afternoon losing track of everything else, this is the book to do it with. There's suspense, humor, and even a little hint of romance (though it's not at all a love story, really)--something for everyone.
Inked Reads
Nov 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: f-f
The books is about a female cop, Grace, which I understood going in. I expected some cop work along with a side of romance. While I enjoyed the characters and their little imperfections and the realistic feel of them, I felt like emotions were missing from their actions. The actions, movements and descriptions were there but the feelings and reasons were left off a lot of times making it hard to fully connect and feel for the main characters.

I felt like although it was a cop book, there was too
Love Bytes Reviews
Feb 22, 2015 rated it liked it
3 star review by Roberta

The blurb intrigued me when I saw it and couldn’t wait to read it. I’m not really sure how I feel about this book. There were so many things that felt off to me, I’m still not sure what really happens.

Grace is an interesting character. She is a cop who loves her job and does it because she wants to help people. Help and protect them. I find that trait very admirable. Grace isn’t out as a lesbian officer. She hasn’t really dated anyone in awhile and that has also helped ke
Cathy Brockman
NOTE: This is a Police procedural and not a romance.
Grace is a female police officer whose past hasn’t always been the best. She has many friends on the force and isn’t out. She meets Amya the new chaplain and her life personal life changes. Will this affect t her job?
For me, the story starts out a bit slow as each chapter is basically a day by day accounting of her day at work. Sometimes minute by minute, move by move. I felt the description was a bit too much at times.
Now having said that. T
Frank Van Meer
Jun 12, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: what-a-mess, crime
Jane Barcklow
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Engaging. It's a cop story that happens to have a love story that happens to be with another woman. Oh, did I forget to mention this awesome cop just happens too be a woman. Really? Is their anything sexier than a strong, confident women who happens to be in uniform?
This is a depiction of a capable woman who stands up for herself and others. A woman who is a wonderful example of coworker, friend and human in general. We should all hope to share some of her attributes, but she is also flawed whi
Melissa  Hensley
Feb 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book

Book is set up as a series of events in a police officer's life. Story flows well and kept me involved in the story. Grace is your normal police officer and not some super cop without flaws and weaknesses. Was surprised by the way the story ends and I definitely look forward to a sequel. Overall good read.
Alli
So, this book I was asked to read last year by the publisher, and so when I read it it was not available on goodreads to track. For that reason, I am marking it as read now, and keeping my review of it to myself, as it has already been shared.
Elisa Rolle
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
2014 Rainbow Awards Honorable Mention (5* from at least 1 judge)
Loveaholix
Nov 15, 2018
Decoo
Sep 01, 2017
Tj Dinwiddie
rated it did not like it
Aug 20, 2018
May 17, 2017
Joanna
May 20, 2017
Who is your favorite recurring side character? 1 3 Apr 15, 2014 06:17AM
Adrian J. Smith, or “AJ” as she is often called, is a part-time writer with an epic imagination, sharp wit, and kind heart that gets her into a bit of trouble when it comes to taking in all the neighborhood stray cats. Being obsessed with science fiction, Smith often goes off on tangents about the space-time continuum. She is also a part-time lunatic with a secretive past. It’s been rumored that s ...more

Spirit of Grace (2 books)
  • Fallen from Grace (Spirit of Grace, #2)