Start by marking “For by Grace (Spirit of Grace, #1)” as Want to Read:
For by Grace (Spirit of Grace, #1)

For by Grace (Spirit of Grace #1)

Being a Sheriff’s Deputy is not all about saving lives and arresting criminals, and each day Grace wonders if she’ll make it home.

While kids at the schools Deputy Grace Halling visits see her as the knight in blue-cotton armor, people involved in the cases she is dispatched to have a different opinion. She has every confidence in her ability to do her job and arrest crimin
ebook, 1st, 256 pages
Published June 1st 2014 by Supposed Crimes, LLC (first published May 30th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about For by Grace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For by Grace

Kitty Kat
Nov 09, 2015 Kitty Kat rated it really liked it
Grace, a Sherrif's Deputy, is a confident woman, seemingly fearless and comfortable in her role. Being shot at a call-out changes her, makes her scared, unsure. She has to work through her fears and the new Chaplain, Amya, appears calm and sympathetic but ultimately unsuitable for the role of counsellor. A flicker of attraction between them means Grace will have to find another way through her problems. It would be a professional no-no to counsel a romantic interest.
The relationship between Grac
Katbyrdie
Another brilliant book by AJ that I had the pleasure of reading chapter by chapter before it was published. I haven't read this version, though (a few changes were made), so I'm super excited to read the final product! When I read the first version, I was on the edge of my seat the entire way. Grace and Amya are such brilliant characters. I kept finding a little of myself in each one. I love how realistic AJ's books are. Most writers over dramatize things, while AJ shows day by day trials that c ...more
Julie Murphy
Aug 19, 2014 Julie Murphy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Leaves you hanging

Leaves you hanging

Literally leaves you hanging, along with the main character. Some typos and missing words, but not enough to detract from the reading of the story. I'd like to read more about the main character's personal life (she doesn't really have one despite having a secret gf) and less about the police work, except for the curious conundrum of cops getting shot. Will look forward to the next installment.
A.M. Leibowitz
I loved it. My favorite part about the book is the characters. Of course, I adore Grace herself--she's someone I'd like to know in real life! But I'm also drawn in by the people in her life. She's surrounded by fascinating individuals. If you just want to spend an afternoon losing track of everything else, this is the book to do it with. There's suspense, humor, and even a little hint of romance (though it's not at all a love story, really)--something for everyone.
Inked Reads
Nov 01, 2014 Inked Reads rated it really liked it
Shelves: f-f
The books is about a female cop, Grace, which I understood going in. I expected some cop work along with a side of romance. While I enjoyed the characters and their little imperfections and the realistic feel of them, I felt like emotions were missing from their actions. The actions, movements and descriptions were there but the feelings and reasons were left off a lot of times making it hard to fully connect and feel for the main characters.

I felt like although it was a cop book, there was too
Love Bytes Reviews
Feb 22, 2015 Love Bytes Reviews rated it liked it
3 star review by Roberta

The blurb intrigued me when I saw it and couldn’t wait to read it. I’m not really sure how I feel about this book. There were so many things that felt off to me, I’m still not sure what really happens.

Grace is an interesting character. She is a cop who loves her job and does it because she wants to help people. Help and protect them. I find that trait very admirable. Grace isn’t out as a lesbian officer. She hasn’t really dated anyone in awhile and that has also helped ke
Cathy Brockman
NOTE: This is a Police procedural and not a romance.
Grace is a female police officer whose past hasn’t always been the best. She has many friends on the force and isn’t out. She meets Amya the new chaplain and her life personal life changes. Will this affect t her job?
For me, the story starts out a bit slow as each chapter is basically a day by day accounting of her day at work. Sometimes minute by minute, move by move. I felt the description was a bit too much at times.
Now having said that. T
Frank Van Meer
Jun 12, 2014 Frank Van Meer rated it did not like it
Shelves: crime, what-a-mess
Jane Barcklow
Apr 18, 2015 Jane Barcklow rated it it was amazing
Engaging. It's a cop story that happens to have a love story that happens to be with another woman. Oh, did I forget to mention this awesome cop just happens too be a woman. Really? Is their anything sexier than a strong, confident women who happens to be in uniform?
This is a depiction of a capable woman who stands up for herself and others. A woman who is a wonderful example of coworker, friend and human in general. We should all hope to share some of her attributes, but she is also flawed whi
Melissa  Hensley
Feb 21, 2015 Melissa Hensley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book

Book is set up as a series of events in a police officer's life. Story flows well and kept me involved in the story. Grace is your normal police officer and not some super cop without flaws and weaknesses. Was surprised by the way the story ends and I definitely look forward to a sequel. Overall good read.
Alli
So, this book I was asked to read last year by the publisher, and so when I read it it was not available on goodreads to track. For that reason, I am marking it as read now, and keeping my review of it to myself, as it has already been shared.
Elisa Rolle
Aug 10, 2015 Elisa Rolle rated it it was amazing
2014 Rainbow Awards Honorable Mention (5* from at least 1 judge)
Trisha
Trisha rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2016
Staci Haven
Staci Haven rated it liked it
Oct 16, 2014
Kande Hooten
Kande Hooten rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2016
Lisa Alba
Lisa Alba rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2014
Kayla
Kayla rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2016
Lyrical
Lyrical rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2015
Sam
Sam rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2014
Lara Estes
Lara Estes rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2015
Rachael Orman
Rachael Orman rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2014
Nikki
Nikki rated it did not like it
Jul 27, 2015
Mitya
Mitya rated it liked it
Nov 08, 2015
Blink51n
Blink51n rated it it was ok
Aug 21, 2014
Megan
Megan rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2015
Beatrice
Beatrice rated it it was ok
May 12, 2014
Adrian Smith
Mar 27, 2014 Adrian Smith added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Eli
Eli marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Asteropê
Asteropê marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Karen Arrowood
Karen Arrowood marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Francois Vd Merwe
Francois Vd Merwe marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Moira Mcglynn
Moira Mcglynn marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Janna
Janna added it
Jun 10, 2014
Lynx
Lynx marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Nka300
Nka300 marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Shannen Jackson
Shannen Jackson marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Gail
Gail marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
J.K. Hogan
J.K. Hogan marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Bobbi
Bobbi marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Toni
Toni marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Bluewhippets
Bluewhippets marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Sharita Lira
Sharita Lira marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Felicia Gluff
Felicia Gluff marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Debra Brigham
Debra Brigham marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Miriam Cortez
Miriam Cortez marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Nat
Nat marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Jules
Jules marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Rocks
Rocks marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Who is your favorite recurring side character? 1 3 Apr 15, 2014 06:17AM
Adrian J. Smith, or “AJ” as she is often called, is a part-time writer with an epic imagination, sharp wit, and kind heart that gets her into a bit of trouble when it comes to taking in all the neighborhood stray cats. Being obsessed with science fiction, Smith often goes off on tangents about the space-time continuum. She is also a part-time lunatic with a secretive past. It’s been rumored that s ...more
More about Adrian J. Smith...

Spirit of Grace (2 books)
  • Fallen from Grace (Spirit of Grace, #2)