Start by marking “For by Grace (Spirit of Grace, #1)” as Want to Read:
For by Grace (Spirit of Grace, #1)

For by Grace (Spirit of Grace #1)

3.63  ·  Rating Details  ·  27 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Being a Sheriff’s Deputy is not all about saving lives and arresting criminals, and each day Grace wonders if she’ll make it home.

While kids at the schools Deputy Grace Halling visits see her as the knight in blue-cotton armor, people involved in the cases she is dispatched to have a different opinion. She has every confidence in her ability to do her job and arrest crimin
ebook, 1st, 256 pages
Published June 1st 2014 by Supposed Crimes, LLC (first published May 30th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about For by Grace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For by Grace

Hunter's Way by Gerri HillThe Alecto Initiative by Owen R. O'NeillLethal Affairs by Kim BaldwinIce by Lyn  GardnerThe Target by Gerri Hill
Lesbian Spy/Military/Cop
46th out of 104 books — 50 voters
Triptych by Karin SlaughterIn the Woods by Tana FrenchBlindsighted by Karin SlaughterBroken by Karin SlaughterCriminal by Karin Slaughter
Best Female Crime/Mystery/Thriller Writers
283rd out of 627 books — 381 voters

More lists with this book...

Kitty Kat
Nov 09, 2015 Kitty Kat rated it really liked it
Grace, a Sherrif's Deputy, is a confident woman, seemingly fearless and comfortable in her role. Being shot at a call-out changes her, makes her scared, unsure. She has to work through her fears and the new Chaplain, Amya, appears calm and sympathetic but ultimately unsuitable for the role of counsellor. A flicker of attraction between them means Grace will have to find another way through her problems. It would be a professional no-no to counsel a romantic interest.
The relationship between Grac
Katbyrdie
Another brilliant book by AJ that I had the pleasure of reading chapter by chapter before it was published. I haven't read this version, though (a few changes were made), so I'm super excited to read the final product! When I read the first version, I was on the edge of my seat the entire way. Grace and Amya are such brilliant characters. I kept finding a little of myself in each one. I love how realistic AJ's books are. Most writers over dramatize things, while AJ shows day by day trials that c ...more
Julie Murphy
Aug 19, 2014 Julie Murphy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Leaves you hanging

Leaves you hanging

Literally leaves you hanging, along with the main character. Some typos and missing words, but not enough to detract from the reading of the story. I'd like to read more about the main character's personal life (she doesn't really have one despite having a secret gf) and less about the police work, except for the curious conundrum of cops getting shot. Will look forward to the next installment.
Love Bytes Reviews
Feb 22, 2015 Love Bytes Reviews rated it liked it
3 star review by Roberta

The blurb intrigued me when I saw it and couldn’t wait to read it. I’m not really sure how I feel about this book. There were so many things that felt off to me, I’m still not sure what really happens.

Grace is an interesting character. She is a cop who loves her job and does it because she wants to help people. Help and protect them. I find that trait very admirable. Grace isn’t out as a lesbian officer. She hasn’t really dated anyone in awhile and that has also helped ke
Inked Reads
Nov 01, 2014 Inked Reads rated it really liked it
Shelves: f-f
The books is about a female cop, Grace, which I understood going in. I expected some cop work along with a side of romance. While I enjoyed the characters and their little imperfections and the realistic feel of them, I felt like emotions were missing from their actions. The actions, movements and descriptions were there but the feelings and reasons were left off a lot of times making it hard to fully connect and feel for the main characters.

I felt like although it was a cop book, there was too
Frank Van Meer
Jun 16, 2014 Frank Van Meer rated it did not like it
Shelves: crime, what-a-mess
A.M. Leibowitz
I loved it. My favorite part about the book is the characters. Of course, I adore Grace herself--she's someone I'd like to know in real life! But I'm also drawn in by the people in her life. She's surrounded by fascinating individuals. If you just want to spend an afternoon losing track of everything else, this is the book to do it with. There's suspense, humor, and even a little hint of romance (though it's not at all a love story, really)--something for everyone.
Jane Barcklow
Apr 18, 2015 Jane Barcklow rated it it was amazing
Engaging. It's a cop story that happens to have a love story that happens to be with another woman. Oh, did I forget to mention this awesome cop just happens too be a woman. Really? Is their anything sexier than a strong, confident women who happens to be in uniform?
This is a depiction of a capable woman who stands up for herself and others. A woman who is a wonderful example of coworker, friend and human in general. We should all hope to share some of her attributes, but she is also flawed whi
Cathy Brockman
NOTE: This is a Police procedural and not a romance.
Grace is a female police officer whose past hasn’t always been the best. She has many friends on the force and isn’t out. She meets Amya the new chaplain and her life personal life changes. Will this affect t her job?
For me, the story starts out a bit slow as each chapter is basically a day by day accounting of her day at work. Sometimes minute by minute, move by move. I felt the description was a bit too much at times.
Now having said that. T
Chantelle Davis
Mar 31, 2015 Chantelle Davis rated it liked it
It started out with lots of action and drama. It pulls you into the story. As I reached the halfway mark though it started to seem a bit unrealistic. All of the run ins she had with suspects. Falling, getting hit just seemed a bit overdone. I also was a bit disappointed with the relationship aspect. The author brings Amya in and I don't believe sex scenes necessarily need to be in the book but acknowledging that they have a sexual relationship.
Melissa  Hensley
Apr 09, 2015 Melissa Hensley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book

Book is set up as a series of events in a police officer's life. Story flows well and kept me involved in the story. Grace is your normal police officer and not some super cop without flaws and weaknesses. Was surprised by the way the story ends and I definitely look forward to a sequel. Overall good read.
Alli
So, this book I was asked to read last year by the publisher, and so when I read it it was not available on goodreads to track. For that reason, I am marking it as read now, and keeping my review of it to myself, as it has already been shared.
Elisa Rolle
Dec 06, 2015 Elisa Rolle rated it it was amazing
2014 Rainbow Awards Honorable Mention (5* from at least 1 judge)
Chloe
Chloe marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Abbi Keating
Abbi Keating marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2016
Kande Hooten
Kande Hooten rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2016
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Nizam uddin
Nizam uddin rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2016
Katerina Patrou
Katerina Patrou marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
Leyla
Leyla marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Trisha
Trisha rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2016
Kayla
Kayla rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2016
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2016
Nikita Puma
Nikita Puma marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
Jennifer Lessard
Jennifer Lessard marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016
Pastel
Pastel added it
Jan 01, 2016
Kendra
Kendra marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2015
Hart
Hart marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2015
Omjanna
Omjanna marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2015
Mitya
Mitya rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Who is your favorite recurring side character? 1 3 Apr 15, 2014 06:17AM
Adrian J. Smith, or “AJ” as she is often called, is a part-time writer with an epic imagination, sharp wit, and kind heart that gets her into a bit of trouble when it comes to taking in all the neighborhood stray cats. Being obsessed with science fiction, Smith often goes off on tangents about the space-time continuum. She is also a part-time lunatic with a secretive past. It’s been rumored that s ...more
More about Adrian J. Smith...

Spirit of Grace (2 books)
  • Fallen from Grace (Spirit of Grace, #2)