Start by marking “Mental Resilience: The Power of Clarity: How to Develop the Focus of a Warrior and the Peace of a Monk” as Want to Read:

3.87  ·  Rating details ·  47 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Do you frequently feel stressed, overwhelmed, depressed, anxious? Do your thoughts sometimes have too much control over you? What if you could focus your mind and find peace in any situation?

We all face challenges—complex decisions, difficult personalities, constant demands on our time—but we don’t have to be at their mercy. By developing the skills outlined in this book,
Published February 28th 2008 by New World Library (first published February 15th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Mental Resilience, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mental Resilience

Tami
Apr 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Meditation has been a regular part of my daily routine for quite some time. I find that through this practice, I am far more calm, centered, and productive. In taking just a little time out from the chaos of my day, I realize that a lot of the worries that I fixate on aren’t really all that important to who I am, how I live my life, or in loving those around me. Even in the midst of my most difficult life experiences, I gain perspective and find meaning in the situation.

Mental Resilience is one
Sue
Mar 13, 2010 rated it really liked it
This is a great book for anyone who want to learn about meditation and the meditation process.

The bookstores are PACKED with meditation material, but it doesn't seem like there are many practical or process-oriented meditation books.

I wish that I had found this book when I first learned how to meditate.
Kamal Sarma covers the topic quite thoroughly. He discusses the reasons to meditate, ways to prepare for meditation, the stages of meditation, etcetera.

There isn't a "correct" way to meditate but
Patricia Clemens
Aug 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Very good read. Good for a person who needs to slow down, refocus. Great for learning how to sit still and learn mediation.
Kristine Sprunger
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding! And helpful.
Lisa
Mar 28, 2011 rated it liked it
This was a short and good book that I didn't quite finish because I got it from the library and the CD wasn't with the book. The end of the book was basically how to use the enclosed CD. Sarma makes a good point that most people need to "turn off" their brains in order for their brains and souls to recharge. It motivated me to check out some guided meditations for my MP3 player. Of course, now to actually do it more than 2 times!
Andrew Putnam