Start by marking “Why Should I Eat Well?” as Want to Read:
Why Should I Eat Well?

Why Should I Eat Well?

(Why Should I?)

Boys and girls discover the importance of eating sensibly and keeping to a balanced diet. They learn that good eating habits are important for health and fitness. Titles in the enlightening and entertaining Why Should I? series of picture storybooks answer questions that younger boys and girls are likely to ask about a wide range of topics. Part of every child's developme ...more
Published September 1st 2005 by B.E.S. Publishing (first published October 25th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Why Should I Eat Well?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Why Should I Eat Well?

Canadian Reader
A very nice little book to introduce nutrition to very early primary children. The text is very simple, but the narrative about a little girl who makes better food choices under the influence of a more aware friend is very appropriate for the age group. I only wish the book had been larger to allow for easier sharing with a class.
Carly Kleve
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
An elementary aged girl loves eating candy, soda, fatty burgers, and fries. She doesn't see how it's affecting her, even though all of the adults in her life try to help her choose healthier options. When a new girl named Rachel comes, she learns about all of the negative effects that eating badly can have on your body, versus the positive effects that eating well would have.

In the book, the text is a bit all over the place. There is regular text along the top and bottom of the pages, but there
Samantha Kiss
Nov 26, 2017 rated it liked it
This is an informational picture book for children about eating healthy. I really like the concept behind the book, but it is very difficult to read. A unique feature that makes it difficult is it has many dialogue bubbles that are hard to follow. It does not flow real well.
Brooke
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: informational
Grades: Pre-k,1-2,3-5
Genre: Informational
This is a good read for little readers because it shows why you should eat healthy. The book shows the benefits of eating healthy and if you eat healthy how it will affect you in the future. This was a fast read. I enjoyed it. Rate 5-5
Alli Trenkamp
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: informational
This is a good book for teaching young ones why eating well is important. The text is very simple. This book is about a little girl who makes better food choices when being more aware of why she should eat well. This book is great for ages 3-8
Megan
Mar 01, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a good book for teaching young ones why eating well is important.
Peyton
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a great book to teach young students about having good eating habits.
LiLa
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edutainment
*[i]Review untuk seri[/i] "Why Should I" [i]yang sudah saya baca[/i]*

Buku ini sangat menarik untuk dibaca oleh anak kecil. Sebagai orang dewasa, saya merasa buku ini berusaha mengajarkan sesuatu yang baik kepada anak tanpa berkesan menggurui. Cerita berisi tentang suatu peristiwa yang menjadi [i]trigger[/i] atau alasan si anak melakukan sesuatu. Buku ini juga dilengkapi ilustrasi khas buku anak yang manis dan penuh warna.
Misalnya di buku ini (Mengapa Aku Harus Makan Makanan Bergizi) dikisahkan a
Jen
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
While I appreciate the aim of the book, I have the feeling Kid Me would have been appalled at its obviousness. The main character loves to eat junk food and no one can stop her, though her parents, grandparents, and the cafeteria lady have all tried. Then she befriends a new girl who eats well and asks her why she does so; reasons given include skin care, weight, and illness, and the main character gives up junk food to live the healthy life.
While all the reasons are true, I don't see any of the
Khadija Bensaadoun
Apr 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: health, ece-3601
This book does a well job describing to children the importance of eating healthy. I would use this book for a health lesson on how to make it easy for students to pick healthy eating choices! Grades Kindergarten-3rd.

Alegra Loewenstein
Mar 26, 2017
Cian
Oct 05, 2015
Isabel Amoedo
Awards the book has received (if any)

Appropriate grade level(s)
Prek- 3rd

Original summary
In this book, the narrator explains why she started eating well. She explains the benefits of eating fruits and vegetables and the downfalls/ negative effects of eating sweets and fast food.

Original review
Children are naturally curious, so this book answers a question that many of them have probably had before. It gives logic to parents and adults always trying to push healthy food in a fun and playful way.
Shanice
Sep 27, 2018
Lauryn Graham
Sep 16, 2018
Becca
Mar 30, 2017
Cheyenne Plautz
Why Should I Eat Well by Claire Llwellyn, is an informational children’s book. It is about the importance of eating well and keeping a healthy diet. It teaches good eating habits, and how important health and fitness are in one’s life. It answers children’s questions that they might have about eating well and helps them discover good answers. It offers a wide array of facts that will benefit young children in a positive way.
The illustrations in this book were amazing in my opinion. I think youn
Erin
Apr 07, 2017
Erna Cortez
Dec 27, 2017
Christina
rated it did not like it
May 13, 2017
Jaimie Shapiro
Apr 06, 2016
Jennie Roessler
Jan 06, 2018
Claire Llewellyn is a prize-winning author of non-fiction for young readers – in 1991, she was shortlisted for the prestigious TES Junior Information Book Award for Take One: Rubbish – and in 1992, she won that award for My First Book of Time. Since then, Claire has written more than 100 children’s books on a wide range of subjects. Ask Dr K Fisher About Animals was shortlisted for the 2008 Royal ...more

Why Should I? (5 books)