Start by marking “With This Ring, I'm Confused (Ashley Stockingdale, #3)” as Want to Read:
With This Ring, I'm Confused (Ashley Stockingdale, #3)

With This Ring, I'm Confused

(Ashley Stockingdale #3)

She's got the rock, so when does happily ever after kick in?

At long last, Ashley Stockingdale--patent attorney, fasionista, and homeowner--can finally add "fiancee" to her spirited resume. That means the next four months will be a dizzying and decadent waltz through aisles of Vera Wang, Kenneth Cole, Sheridan sheets, Kate Spade place settings, and Oneida flatware. "Well .
Published May 31st 2005 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about With This Ring, I'm Confused, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about With This Ring, I'm Confused

Valerie (Val's Vicinity)
This book is the third and final entry in Ashley's life, and I have to say I'm kind of glad.

The storyline: "With This Ring, I'm Confused" basically chronicles Ashley's life as she tries to plan her wedding, keep her job, and keep from strangling her future in-laws.

My opinion: Ashley always seems to have so many "problems", things that really aren't that big of a deal, and yet she always blows these things way out of proportion. Yes, I can understand some of her issues concerning the wedding, aft
Carolyn Tye
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
There's so much I liked about this book. The characters are so well developed. Some moments are hilarious. Some are maddening. The author does a good job of showing that marriage, or the wedding, is not happily ever after.
Katie
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute book...good end to a trilogy... drug out for me though as some parts details were redundant.
Kaitlin Diaz
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Super cute book about a bride planning her wedding. I loved it considering I’m planning my own wedding right now!
Karen
Feb 06, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked the main character and the story was just good, quick fun to read. Yeah, it was predictable but who cares when you're just looking for something frivolous?
Beth Peninger
Feb 06, 2011 rated it it was ok
Thank goodness the series ends in this book. As you can see from my review of book 2, I found it to be a painful and annoying series to get through. I finished it in hopes that somewhere along the way Billerbeck would redeem the picture of Christian single women she had painted but alas. My dreams died along with the last paragraph.
In this third, and final, title in the Ashley Stockingdale series Ashley is a bride who is struggling in different ways with her self-absorption. Her fiance's family
Deb
Sep 04, 2007 added it
with this ring i'm confused by kristin billerbeck[return:][return:]publisher/date/no. of pages:[return:]westbow, 2005, 294 p.[return:]plot summary: what happens, when & where, central characters, major conflicts[return:]ashley stockingdale should be enjoying this time of her life--she's about to get married, her job is going well, her sister-in-law just had a baby. but her wedding is being taken over by her in-laws, her ex-boyfriend just got hired at her company, and her mom is too focused o ...more
Sara Marsh Billiet
For the most part I enjoyed the Ashley Stockingdale series. I liked the character of Ashley and her antics. I enjoy Kristin Billerbeck's style of writing. I think at times though, the characters actions were a bit of a stretch and lacked motivation. I think Dr. Kevin Novak was a little "too good to be true". Of course the catch with dating him was the difficult in-laws, but I still thought he was a little too perfect.

I also thought it was a leap that Seth was the perfect guy Ashley almost let g
Amanda Birdwell
Mar 28, 2010 rated it liked it
I can't help it -- how lame am I that my guilty pleasure is totally Christian chick lit? But, you know, this is just like when I started reading in the first place: I don't have anyone girl friends in my life who really struggle to be close to God and make good choices. Not ones with whom I can reflect on my constant failing to do so and my subsequent need for grace.

I would like to write a book that is not part of a series, with a character who is less the ubiquitous Christian Bridget Jones tha
Ale
Oct 07, 2010 rated it liked it
Overall, this book is funny but irritating once you just can't settle what's wrong with the lead character. It makes me feel weird that being Christians mean you suppress your anger and get along with everyone. Isn't that just being kinda hypocrite? I guess being Christian means you love everyone and NO HATE shall ever exist. It just weird. I thought we have emotions therefore that's why we're humans and having bad feelings towards someone who is taking over our lives is pretty much normal. At l ...more
Heather
Feb 17, 2009 rated it liked it
My local Christian book store was having a liquidation sale, so I bought this book which is the third (and final) installment of the Ashley Stockingdale series. I had read the previous two a couple of years back and then gotten off the series because Billerbeck was a little too churchy-preachy for me (granted, I'm a Christian, but rather than you coming right out and telling me what she's struggling with and how she's overcoming it, or not, just let me figure it out on my own). Anyway, I decided ...more
Denise Kettering
Nov 22, 2011 rated it it was ok
I felt the first book in this series was the strongest of the three. As the series went on, I found Ashley to be too materialistic and whiny and found her more and more difficult to relate to as a character. In the first book, she was smart and funny and strong, but not without flaws. In this book, I just found her to be annoying. The issue of being Christian in the 21st century is certainly important and questions appear in this book about how that can work, but in the stress of creating the pe ...more
Liyana Sidek
May 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
I picked up this book not knowing that it's the third book in a series. I only discovered that it's the last book of the series when I was already halfway through. Some characters' backgrounds (not the main ones) were a little difficult to understabd because they are probably explained more in the first two books. Nevertheless, I liked the humor and sass in almost every page! Ashley actually surprises me for keeping a calm head while dealing with all the crazy struggles in her life. Despite bein ...more
Amancay
Jan 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Sara Michelotti, Jennie Klinke, Aireann Franz
I finally made it through the series *laughs*, "finally!?" more like, "already!" *giggle*
Good stuff, it's so good, I'm so very afraid I'll be hard pressed to find anything of this caliber anytime soon... starting off in the world of Christian Chick-Lit with the master, may become my down fall!

It all makes me want to find my very own prince Charming (as if I have any power in that process), have a fabulous wedding, and move along knowing full well God has über awesome plans for us both!

Again, enj
Erin
Sep 25, 2007 rated it it was ok
This is the third book in a three part series. The first is "What a Girl Wants", which I loved, and is by far the best of the three. The second is "She's Out of Control", which I also enjoyed. This one, being the third was not quite a good as the others. I feel like it kind of rambled on and got a bit tiresome. I think this series would have been better had it been condensed into just two books. I am, however, excited about this author and look forward to reading some of her other series (Spa Gi ...more
Alex
Mar 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian-books
Overall, I enjoyed the Ashley Stockingdale series. It was cute and fun, even when Ashley got on my nerves (which did happen quite a bit). This last book was pretty good, but it wasn't my favorite.

(view spoiler)
Katie
Oct 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
I didn't feel as though I connected with any of the characters, as there was an apparent lack in the development of emotional/intellectual depth. However, I thought the portrayal of Christian relationships was strikingly honest. No one is perfect, and everyone struggles at some level (even Christians) to be the person God is calling them to be. As was demonstrated in this book, bestowing love and grace to those around us should be a DAILY priority. Overall this was a light, moderately entertaini ...more
Chickbookreader
Aug 15, 2012 rated it it was ok
Not crazy about the third book of the Ashley Stockingdale series. I was stressed out the whole time reading it, it had a very different feel to it compared to the first two books. Very busy and overwhelming. I didn't feel like I was reading about the same characters here and the Christian values were not consistent to the first two books. I lent my book to a friend who read the other two books and she felt the same way.
Brooke
Sep 03, 2009 rated it liked it
I read the other too books in the Ashley Stockingdale series this summer as well. I actually think I enjoyed the first two books a little better. This book does a nice job of tying up all the loose ends along with adding some new and interesting characters and plot twists. The thing was it also got a little annoying at times. It is still worth reading I just enjoyed the other two in the series a bit better.
Lauralee Bliss
Jul 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I have thoroughly enjoyed the Ashley Wilkes Stockingdale trilogy, ending with this humorous read that did leave me guessing for a while - will there or won't there be a wedding? Kristin writes with great wit and style, you can't help but laugh over the characters she paints. And she does it so well. And as an added bonus, I have gone to the Ashley school of fine dresswear, learning all there is to know about the great fashionmakers out there!
Becca
May 02, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute story and I really liked how this series ended, but Ashley just keeps getting whinier! For a title character in a Christian novel, she seems so shallow and self-centered for much of this book. Sure, she's a bride, but I would have liked to see more of the caring Ashley who stands up for her friends and her beliefs, like in the previous book. Nevertheless, the development of her relationships with her girlfriends and Kevin by the end, and of course the wedding, were very heartwarming.
Courtney Lyman
Jul 28, 2014 rated it it was ok
This series was humorous but I realized as I got to this third book that the characters were all over the top chariactures that got really annoying by the end. I found myself feeling like I couldn't like any of these people if I knew them in real life because they were all obnoxious. The only thing that saved it from being absolutely horrible was that the author made them more like real human beings in the final two chapters which made it at least worth finishing the trilogy.
De Anna
Aug 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoys good chick lit!
Lisa
Oct 09, 2009 rated it liked it
Ashley is engaged and this book takes us through all the craziness she has to deal with in planning her wedding. As much as I liked the Ashley Stockingdale series, I have to admit that I'm glad this was the last installment because I'm not sure if there's anymore challenges that the character can go through without making the story drag on.
Lori
Jun 08, 2009 rated it liked it
The third and final installment in the Ashley Stockingdale series. Ashley's trip to the altar takes some hilarious (and down right frustrating!) twists and turns, but in the end Ashley finally figures out exactly what she wants, how she wants it and who she wants it with. A fitting ending to the saga of Ashley. A fun, light summer read.
Angel
Sep 14, 2015 rated it it was ok
i was all over with this book. one minute i loved it the next not so much. there were times when i felt the lead charactor was just a big baby and she should stand up for herself. then when she did i felt like it was unrealistic and an innapropriate time for her to do so. also was rushed at the end.
Cherie Galyon
Feb 17, 2009 rated it liked it
With a title like this, I expected to be more stereotypical. I loved the twists and turns along the way. The whole dress debacle, alarm going off etc, is amusing. I liked the conflict between the two main characters during the entire engagement process showing that real life isn't without strife.
Jul 07, 2008 rated it really liked it
This was definitely a "Laura" book. Meaning, all that bride/wedding stuff and all the drama that goes with it. I had a hard time getting sleepy as I usually do when I read right before bed. Instead I would stay up too late to read "just one more chapter". Definitely a "girly" read, but I thought it was fun and a change of pace from my usual criminal/mystery books.
Pam
Oct 18, 2010 rated it it was ok
have a stack of these i borrowed from b & i'm not sure i'm going to waste my time. as they say, so many books. we both agree book 1 was funny & fun to read. this 1 goes downhill quite a bit & then b says the rest get progressively more cheesy. unrealistic, so annoying when u just want the characters to TALK to each other honestly. sheesh!
Robin (ReadItRobi)
Mar 24, 2008 rated it liked it
I love Ashley Stockingdale, but seriously, sometimes I wonder why the character has no communications skills and those that surround her are absolutely clueless. Frustrating, but appealing, like a Christian version of the Shopaholic in a way.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Kissing Adrien
  • Lost in Rooville
  • Single Sashimi (Sushi, #3)
  • Too Good To Be True
  • The Whitney Chronicles
  • Consider Lily
  • Dreaming in Technicolor (Phoebe Grant, #2)
  • Savannah Comes Undone
  • Perfecting Kate
  • Match Point (Lauren Holbrook, #3)
  • Spring Broke (86 Bloomberg Place, #3)
  • Oklahoma Weddings
About Kristin
I grew up with a strong sense of justice. I simply knew the way things should be. And since I’m not smart enough to be a district attorney, I am a novelist. My childhood was slightly confusing. I blame my parents for this. Oh heck, I’m going to blame them for everything. I think I would have turned out normal if it weren’t for them.
the billerbeck's

Okay, probably not. I am a fourth-g

Ashley Stockingdale (4 books)
  • What a Girl Wants (Ashley Stockingdale, #1)
  • She's Out of Control (Ashley Stockingdale, #2)
  • What a Girl Needs (Ashley Stockingdale #4)