Start by marking “Black Mariah: "A Calling"” as Want to Read:
Black Mariah: "A Calling"

Black Mariah: "A Calling"

****Spoiler Alert****

The author would like to alert all readers who might be interested in this new book series that you might want to skip this “longer description” provided by the publisher.

Many readers may want to discover the storyline along the way rather than being given all the information contained below. Reading the details belo
ebook
Published April 16th 2013 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Black Mariah, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black Mariah

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
Since Richard Finney wowed me with his release of Drawing Blood in 2012, I was naturally eager to read more of his stuff. I’m not a science fiction expert if the story or premise is complicated – worlds which are too rarified have intimidated me to the point where I just “haven’t tried them yet,” but this turned out to be a clear cut sci-fi theme for the everyday reader. Perhaps it helps that I enjoy a side of horror or chills with my science fiction. And while this one wasn’t scary, it does hol ...more
Terry
First of all, this author knows how to write. Each novel he creates is an adventure in itself, whether part of a series or not. Each one features different worlds, unique, interesting characters, and exciting locales. "Black Mariah - A Calling", the first book in his latest series is no exception.

Whether it’s an alien artifact located in a Brazilian jungle, a South Carolina Red Wolf Preserve, a cruise ship in the Atlantic Ocean, or a secretive government operative center in Washingto
Melania Ramona
Jun 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
I've received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

"BLACK MARIAH - A Calling" is the first book in the BLACK MARIAH series. Think of it as the pilot episode of a tv show. We get to meet the characters and plunge into the mystery of Black Mariah, the alien hero... who turns out to be not so alien.

This is the kind of book where I can picture what I read with clarity - it's like a movie in my head.
I found the writing style very "clean", just perfect for this stor
Molly
Jun 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It had my attention from the very beginning and had me wondering what was going to happen next. I didn't want to put it down. I can't wait to find out what happens next.
Paxton Holley
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
Okay. Not great. Short. I'd maybe read more. Or not. Weird.
Betty
May 04, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This one never did grab me...?
Stephen
Jun 24, 2013
Mellissa
Aug 02, 2013
Debbie
Mar 29, 2014
Richard Finney
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Ian Donnelly
Jan 30, 2016
Raye of the Dead
Jun 28, 2018
The amazon bestselling "DEMON DAYS" Book Series was launched in 2009. Originally, the three sequels to "DEMON DAYS" were published as one book – “DEMON DAYS: Angel of Light," but have since been re-published as "DEMON DAYS - Book Two;" "DEMON DAYS - Book Three;" and "DEMON DAYS - Book Four."

I am also author of the PS Series of e-books on Professional Screenwriting.
All the books have become amazo
“All I see is my father’s tax money being wasted on shooting satellite pictures of South America like you guys work for the Travel Channel.

-- Todd Dooley (BLACK MARIAH - A Calling)”
2 likes
“My father and I used to watch a ton of old horror movies when I was growing up. ’The Creature from the Black Lagoon‘ was one of my father’s favorites and he was very excited for me to see the film. But after the movie was over, I told him that I was kind of bored. I said to him, ‘I’m sorry, Daddy, but I saw the zipper in the back of the monster’s costume. From that point on, I was really never scared at all. The point I’m trying to make is that I don’t believe someone intentionally tipped off the target. And I maintain that no one made some horrendous mistake, which I’m now trying to cover up. I believe what really happened with the operation was that our target ended up seeing the zipper. Orlo Kharms realized something around him wasn’t… real. And he was able to avoid the trap we had laid out for him.” 2 likes