Start by marking “Bing & Nero, Boy + Robot = Fun” as Want to Read:
Bing & Nero, Boy + Robot = Fun

Bing & Nero, Boy + Robot = Fun

Share a day with an inventive young boy in a story that celebrates creativity, friendship and fun!

Bing wants a dog. But his mother says a dog is out of the question. Whats a young boy in need of a friend to play with on a boring Saturday morning to do? Why, make his own friend! And what a friend his new creation is!
The product of Bings rich imagination and household junk f
ebook, Kindle, 34 pages
Published April 2nd 2014 by Norhern Phoenix (first published March 26th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Bing & Nero, Boy + Robot = Fun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bing & Nero, Boy + Robot = Fun

Evelyn Gresham
Evelyn Gresham

There are a lot of kids out there that do not have anyone to play with. A book such as this one opens a child’s mind and allows their creativity to soar beyond their imagination. Who would not want to have a robot as a friend? I know I would.

In addition, as an early childhood educator, I believe this book would be a great asset to the classroom and to any lesson plan. A whole lesson plan can be done around this book. The theme can be called “All about Robots.” Arts and craft activ
Jude
Mar 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing

There is nothing worse than feeling like you have nothing to do. It’s Saturday and Bing is stuck inside with no friends to play with, even the cat is asleep. How boring. On days like this Bing really wishes his mother would let him get a dog.
Not content with the prospect of spending a quiet afternoon staring out of the window Bing decides to make his own fun. A quick glance around the room gives Bing an amazing idea for what he can do to make his weekend more exciting.
‘Bing and Nero’ is the de
Robin Rowles
Apr 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
It's Saturday morning and Bing is bored! His friends can't come over and play! so he gets an idea and becomes creative. Bing recycles some unused items left lying around in the basement. He cleverly creates a magical robot! with some help from his Father's toolbox!
Hey presto! This is Bing's gateway to a new and exciting friend. Sorry! But you will need to look at and read this engaging book, to find out just what happens!

This story includes 15 full colour illustrations and 15 pages of supporting
Teddy O'Malley
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Although I think Bing's statement that having a robot is "even better than a dog" is a matter of opinion, I definitely enjoyed this book by I.L Williams about a boy who builds a robot, because he can't have a dog.

There are probably a lot of kids in the world who can't have a dog. Maybe their parents are allergic or maybe they're allergic. But Bing decides that he can do something about it and builds himself a robot friend!

I.L Williams has a fresh writing style that makes this book very easy to r
Tonja Drecker
Apr 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
There's not much about this book little, inventive boys aren't going to love. A boy is bored, so what does he do? Builds a robot from anything he can find in the basement! Of course, it works and he has the best friend a kid can dream of. Yep, this will get those kids into your junk piles, digging for robot (or other invention) parts of their own. As a mom, I love it when the kids are inspired to do things like this.

The illustrations in this book are colorful, detailed enough to catch a kid's a
Chris Meads
Shelves: childrens, humor
This is a book about a little boy, Bing, who is bored (maybe he is lonely too) and would really like to have a dog. Dogs are fun but he has a cat. Cats aren't all that fun. So he goes upstairs and gets things that no one is using anymore and builds himself a robot. He names him Nero. They do a lot of things together and Bing is no longer bored or lonely. He now thinks robots are better than dogs.

This book is a beautifully written story. The pictures by the illustrator bring the story to life. It
Jeremy
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All parents of small children
Recommended to Jeremy by: I met the author London Authors Fair
A delightful story about a bored little boy who decides to build a robot. The prose is simple and clear, which makes it the bardest to write. And it works for parents too, which is important in making reading together a pleasure for both parties. Bing is an engaging kids with big glasses and a cheeky smile, and Nero is everything a robot friend ought to be: resourceful, imaginative and more than a bit magical. He needs electricity, but provided his batteries are charged he can do everything from ...more
My Book Addiction and More MBA
BING & NERO: BOY + ROBOT = FUN by I. L. Williams Inci Alper (Illustrator), is a fun Children's Adventure. Dubut author, and what a debut. Filled with vivid illustrations, imaginative characters and creativity. Tells the story of friendship, fun, and shows what you can make out of junk, just may became a true imaginative friend. Well written, and easy to follow. Young readers ages 3 to 6 will adore this wonderful tale of friendship, fun and imagination. A must for both children, educators, pa ...more
Mary Josefina Cade
Jun 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What an imaginative book! Kids wanting dogs and parents saying 'no' is an all too familiar problem. Young Bing comes up with an inventive solution. Instead of a dog he makes a new friend, a robot. Inci Alper's illustrations are clear and extremely cute, making a perfect match for I.L. Williams' story. There is a very warm feeling throughout. I particularly like the words and illustration at the point where Bing switches on the robot and he and Nero look at each other for the first time. Friends! ...more
Elias Zapple
Children and little slugs will find this most appealing as the cover and the rest of the illustrations are really top-notch. Full of colour and very modern. The story's about a bored little boy who'd like a dog but can't have one. He then hits on the idea to build his own robot. He soon does and they have lots of fun together. The book should inspire little inventors everywhere as it's certainly inspired some of my slugs who've already gotten to work on a robot themselves... Unfortunately, it se ...more
Dolly
Jan 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: 2015, childrens, pets
This is an entertaining tale about invention and imagination. The story is short and the illustrations are cartoonish and colorful. The story will likely inspire children to want to create and invent robots or build something out of old household items. I know our youngest especially loves to do this (although her results are not nearly as functional and high-tech.) We enjoyed reading this ebook together.

I received a free copy of this ebook from the author on http://www.Amazon.com.
Charlie
Apr 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bing is the cutest little nerd ever.

He’s one lonely little guy and wants a friend. He knows his hopes of getting a dog are not going to happen, so he decides on the next best thing. A robot!

In a flurry of creativity and ingenuity, he builds Nero, who brings so much fun to Bing’s life.

The illustrations are what really make this book and the story of Bing and Nero come to life.
Marjorie
Aug 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Given To Me For An Honest Review

This book is a fun one to read to your children. It is about a little boy named Bing who cannot have a dog so he invents Nero. It is a very cute story. Children will have such beautiful dreams after this story. The colors and illustrations are very good. I highly recommend it to all.
Susan
Jul 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book through goodreads giveaway. Thank you!!! What an adorable book! What little boy could resist reading a book about a boy and a robot!?! Not my kiddo, he enjoyed it very much. My child has low vision but the illustrations are so bright and bold that it was easy for him to see. We loved it!
Rachel Horon
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read this book to my 5-year old daughter last week and she is still coming up with ideas for her robot and checking out books for the library about them. A joy to read that inspires creativity and even models some perseverance when construction doesn't come out just right.
Meredith
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: joshua
A review by our 4 year old: That book was fun! My favorite was that there was a robot. That was my favorite thing! I didn't know there was a robot. I like that they had fun. That's the thing I liked about the robot. The pictures were great! The book was really great! Joshua Dew, Jr.
Charity Tober
Apr 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Bing & Nero is a very cute book with lots of colorful illustrations. My 4 year old son really enjoyed the story and loved how Bing built the robot all by himself. I can see this book turning into a series!
Ericka
Nov 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book for my 3rd grader. No negative parts and very positive. The pictures are all very happy even, adding to the story without ruining it in any way. I love finding books that I feel good about giving to my sons and it's very rare I find them in new ones like this.
Cheryl McGonigle
Jun 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The story was very engaging and I love the illustrations. They are so full of movement and expression. I think most children will enjoy the story, both boys and girls.
Kaite
Jul 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won a free copy from the Goodreads First Reads Giveaway Program and gave it to my younger bother. He enjoyed reading it and I would recommend it to everyone.
Billy Buttons
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was recently entered in The Wishing Shelf Book Awards. This is what our readers thought:

Star Rating 5 stars
Number of Readers 28

Readers’ Comments
‘Bright, colourful illustrations and well put together prose. I liked the central theme of a boy solving the problem of not being allowed to have a pet, so he constructs a robot. They play so well together and really are best pals. Enchanting!’ Teacher
‘The robot is super cool. I’m going to build one tonight when I get home.’ Boy, aged 6
‘A wonde
I.L. Williams
Apr 09, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Grace
Cute story. But the ending was lacking...even my six year old said, "huh".
haley wilson
Aug 13, 2017
Liam Fountain
Aug 15, 2016
Aamna Mirza
rated it did not like it
Mar 27, 2014
MewPeaches
May 17, 2016

• The Amazing Adventures of Chilly Billy
  • Zombie-Kids
  • The Amazing Tale of Steve: A Minecraft Novel!
  • Harry and the Hot Lava (Xist Children's Books)
  • Escape From The Forbidden Planet
  • Speed Demons (Phineas and Ferb Novelizations, #1)
  • LEGO Batman: Visual Dictionary (LEGO DC Universe Super Heroes)
  • The Ministry of S.U.I.T.S
  • LEGO Harry Potter: Characters of the Magical World
  • Through the Milky Way on a PB&J
  • The Mystery of Hidden Valley (Mystery #3)
  • Minecraft Books for Kids: The Complete Minecraft Book Series (4 Minecraft Novels for Kids)
  • Angus MacBain and The Island of Sleeping Kings (Angus MacBain #1)
  • Diary Of A Minecraft Creeper: An Unofficial Minecraft Creeper Diary (Diary Of A Minecraft Creeper Book 1)
  • Beautiful LEGO
  • Nate the Great and the Stolen Base
  • Fort Solitude (DC Comics: Secret Hero Society #2)
  • How to Be Cool in the Third Grade
Ingrid Williams is a native Californian who now lives with her family in Norway. She has had a successful career as a financial journalist for Dow Jones Newswires and as a copywriter for one of the largest creative agencies in Scandinavia, among other positions in the world of corporate communications. She is a recipient of the Humphreys Fellowship in Writing at Columbia University in New York. ...more