Start by marking “Halloween IV” as Want to Read:
Halloween IV

Halloween IV

(Halloween #4)

It's the return of Michael Myers in the definitive Halloween novelization! By special arrangement with Trancas International Films, fantasy/horror author Nicholas Grabowsky presents a special, limited edition of his novel, the way it was meant to be. Complete with additional and expanded chapters, it adds an exciting dimension to the Michael Myers legacy!
Published October 1st 1988 by Guild Press

To ask other readers questions about Halloween IV, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Halloween IV

Start your review of Halloween IV
Rick Powell
Sep 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book delivers the scares! Say what you want about the franchise, Michael Myers will forever be ingrained in the horror genre. I have read only a few novel adaptations but this one breathes new life into the legend started by John Carpenter. Very fast paced and a book you will not want to put down. It has been years since I have seen the fourth installment of Halloween and this book keeps the mystery while the suspense never lets up. Kudos to Nicholas Grabowsky and what he has accomplished h ...more
Fred Wiehe
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A true scarefest!
KAggie97
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you enjoyed the other "Halloween" novelizations, you'll like this offering as well. Very faithful to the movie but, of course, there are some discrepancies and elaborations. Quick and enjoyable read.
Nik Kerry
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book!
Joaquin Romero
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great adaptation, I personally think that this book makes you forget about the movie but keeping the main story intact.
Stacy Fetters
Jul 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Boogeyman Boogeyman. Jamie's uncle is the Boogeyman!
This ultimate edition has the original novelization, never released epilogue, an article from a magazine from 2010 and a short story called the falling. As you read the falling, you realize how much better his writing got.
During the book it had a lot of typos and more dashes then I've ever seen in my life. If you are a fan of the Halloween franchise then this is for you. It really isn't a great standalone novel.
The typos are distra
Noel Thingvall
Good adaptation, well written. I have some problems, but they're all issues with the source screenplay, which I also still find pretty good.

Not docking a star for this, but I do have to caution people that the Ultimate Edition, while the most readily available form of this otherwise pretty rare book, is littered with formatting errors and typos. For a somewhat higher priced collectible edition, it's appalling how little work they put into crafting it. The book is still very readable,
Nichole Rose
Aug 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After finding out there were novelizations of my favorite movie franchise, I had to read them. Though I couldnt get my hands on the 2nd one, I managed to get book 1 and 4. The first one was more suspenseful and I loved it. This one was simply the movie in words. It didnt add anything extra to lengthen the story, no background info to help better understand the curse. It was a descent read, still scary, still frightful.
Alexander Beresford
I finished reading Nicholas Grabowsky's Halloween IV, the Special Limited Edition. Cool! Great additional storytelling! I've seen the movie, it was my favorite after the original. In the novelization, Grabowsky delves deeper, gives you more to chew on, more depth, more fun, more horror!

Get it here:

Lee Ferrier
Fast paced adaption but full of typos and poor formatting. There were minor changes to the story here and there but overall it's a beat for beat retelling of the movie.
Joshua Wiles
Feb 16, 2014
Carly Nicholas
Oct 05, 2014
Nicholas
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Matthew Arnold
Jul 06, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Elementals
  • The Hellbound Heart
  • Guardians of the Whills (Star Wars)
  • Blood Sugar
  • The Nightmares on Elm Street (Part 4: The Dream Master / Part 5: The Dream Child)
  • The Nightmares on Elm Street Parts 1, 2, 3: The Continuing Story
  • Ruby
  • Look Both Ways (Witch City Mystery, #3)
  • Four Past Midnight: The Sun Dog
  • Tree and Leaf: Includes Mythopoeia and The Homecoming of Beorhtnoth
  • Halloween: The Official Movie Novelization
  • Bilbo's Last Song
  • Under and Alone: The True Story of the Undercover Agent Who Infiltrated America's Most Violent Outlaw Motorcycle Gang
  • Write To Kill - He's Putting The Dead In Deadline: Book One In The Series.
  • Cash
  • The Last Qumranian
  • I am Haunted: Living Life Through the Dead
  • The Book of Hallowe'en
Nicholas Grabowsky’s novels of horror/fantasy and mainstream pulp fiction, both as himself, as Nicholas Randers, and as Marsena Shane, have generated worldwide acclaim for over two decades and praised by many of today’s most popular horror gurus in the literary world. He began his career in traditional publishing houses with brisk sellers in mass market paperback horror and romance, and in the las ...more

Halloween (4 books)