Start by marking “Accordance” as Want to Read:
Accordance

Accordance

(Significance Series #2)

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  26,963 ratings  ·  1,080 reviews
In the sequel, Maggie learns much more about all the strange things that happened to her, and has to face new obstacles. She rebels against it, but ultimately, must face it for her new families sake and maybe even her life. Bish went from being her biggest supporter to her biggest pain in the butt and Kyle's intentions to attract her interest may not be so innocent. Caleb ...more
Published September 17th 2011 by Shelly Crane (first published September 15th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Accordance, please sign up.
Megan Jones (http://www.onlinebook4u.net/book/3806...) this is the website I used and when I was finished and wanted to read the next book I just replaced to 6 in…more(http://www.onlinebook4u.net/book/3806...) this is the website I used and when I was finished and wanted to read the next book I just replaced to 6 in the 3806 into a 7 because I couldn't find any other way to read it on the website :) (less)

·  26,963 ratings  ·  1,080 reviews

Shelly Crane
Aug 14, 2011 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I am soooo excited about this book! The things I have planned for this series are making me anxious. *insert girly giggle* The first book was all about Caleb and Maggie's relationship and coming into their love and book two will not be lacking in that but, it will also be about Maggie coming into her own as an Ace. She is more important that anyone ever imagined and the people they meet, the situations they get into, the decisions that are forced on them and the people who betray them will, hope ...more
Booknut
Warning: This is NOT a book for people who are opposed to love, the concept of soul mates, Valentine's Day or who are currently single.

Okay, jokes. I'm single and I read it and survived. But it will make you sigh.
And then tear up.
And wish you were Maggie.
And that you had a Caleb.

Because their relationship is just too darn perfect.

Note: This book is best read in private. Because grinning to yourself, laughing at intervals and then yelling out, "LEAVE THEM ALONE CAN'T YOU PEOPLE SEE THEY'RE IN L
Abbi Glines
Nov 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series just keeps getting better!!!
Quinn Loftis
Nov 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm not really even sure what to say. I loved the first book and Accordance was even better. The love story was sweet and passionate. I love Maggie and Caleb how devoted they are to each other. I will admit I want Bish to get his day. He deserves it. All in all this was a fantastic book. I don't do reviews often but I just wanted to say what a great series this. Shelly is a great author and has a wonderfully tender heart to write such devotion.
Melissa Mora
This book was okay, but there were things that irked me. I feel like the author was trying absolutely too hard to show how much the main character Maggie and her "Significant" Caleb love each other. I understand that the "imprint" that they have makes them this way but its reiterated too much. We know that they calm each other and so on but hammering it into our heads every other second is annoying! This book unlike the first was very predictable. There were new characters that were introduced t ...more
Brie
Aug 07, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm only about halfway through but ooohmyfriggingod Bish and Jen need to imprint already! it's driving me nuts! If they turn out not to be significants I'm gonna find a way to print this series off my iPad and burn them for justice (and maybe a little revenge)
....
72% So close! so effing close! I'm still rooting for team Jish. I don't care how long it takes if they don't end up together I'm writing a spinoff. jeesh!
...
Well that was the best freakin roller coaster of a book ive read in a while.
Her
Donna
He smiled graciously and pressed his nose and cheek to mine with a hand on my jaw. “I'm so in love with you.”

Shelly Crane has done it again and knocked out ANOTHER fantastic novel. Significance was the first book in the series and it literally blew me away and now Accordance; the second book in the series has left me lost for words because of how awesome it was.

Accordance starts where Significance finishes and from the start you’re thrown into Maggie’s and Caleb’s wonderful but dangerous life
Tanith
Mar 22, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book didn't really advance the story much. Bish continued to be annoying, as did Kyle. The supporting characters in the series seem to be there especially to say inane, spiteful, or ignorant things so that the main characters can stroke each other and whisper sweet nothings.

Sometimes the actions were inconsistent, like with the double standard with Jen/Bish and Kyle/Lynne - if Lynne's future could be changed by Maggie's actions, then why couldn't Bish/Jen's? That made no sense, and seems t
Nicole Williams
Oct 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just as wonderful as the first. What a sweet love story! Looking forward to more from Ms. Crane!
Melissa
Jan 12, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
After the first novel I was into the story, a little more on the YA side for me but still I was intrigued by the world of Aces and was loving Caleb. All that good stuff. But then....I started reading Accordance.

And, contrary to the many 5 star reviews, which btw I'm still trying to figure out, this one was uber slow. Actually, it was uber everything - the pacing was painful with the relationship and on the action front. It was dead in the water or overstuffed with filler scenes that didn't add t
Lucia
Aug 31, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, paranormal
Accordance was perfect sequel to Significance. There were so many unexpected twists and I found myself speechless and surprised quite often during reading this book. I literally could not stop reading, storyline was maximally exciting and my heart was furiously beating most of the time. It is only 2nd book out of 4 and I already love this series so much!

Development of the characters comparing to the first book was pretty visible. Even though Maggie was overwhelmed and freaked out after she learn
Holli
HOLY HOCKEY PUCKS BATMAN, ... was that a doozy of a cliffhanger! How on earth do I wait till next year for this sequel?

Accordance, was an excellent follow up to Significance. More heart stopping action, tons of clean romance, endearing devotion and loyalty, and a story line that won't disappoint. I said it once before, but I'm going to say it again. This "Ace" concept has TONS of potential, and ENDLESS possibilities!

Full review to come!

Five Stars.
Tess
Dec 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
why aren't there more than 5 stars? LOL review on my blog tessmw.blogspot.com to come
Brittany Risko
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ugh loved this book just as much as the last! Caleb and Maggie are so adorable together. This book follows them right where the previous book left off, they are in California basically hiding from the Watsons. It follows Maggie as the tries to balance her relationship with Caleb and his family and her relationship with her family and best friend Beck. Maggie has a major secret to hide and both Beck and Bish know it. (view spoiler) ...more
Celeste Dailey
Jan 01, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So, since I did enjoy "Signifacance", I was hoping to like "Accordance". I was hoping even more that this book would have better editing than the previous one, but no such luck. I felt the story line dragged a bit and while I do like Caleb and Maggie, I quickly tired of Caleb's, "I would never hurt you" line and Maggie's "This is all my fault" line. Plus, the overall structure is just poor. There are a ton of missing question marks, "their" that should have been "there", and vice versa, and "thr ...more
Morgan
Oct 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars

If you haven’t started reading the Significance series yet then you should fix that immediately. It’s a phenomenal paranormal romance series for young adults. It’s exciting, romantic, suspenseful and dramatic. The first two books, Significance and Accordance, are now available on Amazon.com, and the third book, Defiance, will be released May 2012. I am not sure how many books will make up the complete series, but
Alyssa
This seemed like more of a transition book than anything else, and it seemed to be lacking in both focus and plot. Not much really went on, there was not much action or movement along, and it felt like time was just dragging on. There was a section of the middle of the book where I got really frustrated with Maggie. She just seemed so... I don't know. Like too much of a goody two-shoes or something. Too good. Too unreal. Caring too much about other people and not the right people. I didn't like ...more
Fathima
Sep 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If i could , i would have rated it 'Infinity' !!! God this book is sooooooooooo good !! It is the most awesomest book ever . I finished it 2 hrs ago and was so speechless that i just didnt know what to say . WOW , AMAZING , FANTASTIC , BREATH-TAKING BEAUTIFUL , i can just go on and on about how good it was .
The book starts off exactly where the previous one finished . Our destined love birds Caleb and Maggie , enjoying a quite nice time in California under the scrutiny of their super hot chaper
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
Accordance takes off where Significance left off, with Caleb and Maggie arriving in California for her protection against the Watson's. Just when they thought they have some time to themselves to learn about each other, Kyle and Bish show up to chaperone. Time alone is few are far between now. Bish is there to find out what his sister is hiding, and why everyone is ok with Maggie running off to another state with a guy she just met. And Kyle just won't leave well enough alone.

Maggie is coming to
Wendy
Dec 20, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
Okay, so if you read my review of book one in the Significance series, you'll understand me when I say that the fifteen-year-old within me won out in even reading the sequel to Significance.

As with the first book, the second one was completely relationship-driven. With the exception of a brief appearance early on, the bad guys don't even come into the story until it's almost over.

Once again, Kyle is the most interesting character (not, mind you, the main character), and the main players seem a
Haadiya // Hiatus
5 Stars
I really really don't understand why I was giving this series 4 stars when reading it the first time.

I love the living shit out of this series, and honestly I have to mention this again but Ms.Crane is the best insta love author in forever.

o MAGGIE AND CALEB ARE SHOO CUTTE I CANT
o I wanted more Kyle and Lynne scenes but *shrugs*
o The bish and Jen thing always breaks my poor fragile heart even though I know what'll happen
o But honestly though I need a Caleb
o Wait better yet give me
Kaity
Jan 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Georgia Cates
Nov 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My heart has just broken. I went to purchase the 3rd book and realized it isn't released yet. Oh, snap, I have 6-7 months to wait. No coffee or potty breaks for you, Shelly Crane!

Well, I loved it! It picks up right where Significance left off. It's hard to say a lot about this book without posting spoilers, so I'll just say that it was awesome and creative. I've typed & erased a dozen different things because they contained spoilers so I'm gonna shut up now. Great Book!

-Georgia Cates

Rachel
Hmmm, my interest was slowing waning by the end... More to come.

I guess I just felt so blown away by the first one that I had really high expectations for this one as well. I think part of it is that the novelty just wore out... But it was still a pretty good book! I still die for Caleb ❤

I can't decide if I need a little break from the series or if I should dive right back into the next one...
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
3.5

The story I love. The characters I love. This book just needs a good editor to take out all the unnecessary stuff. There is too much repetition. Too much of the same thoughts and words coming from the two main characters. Too much space in between, waiting for something else to really happen. This book could be condensed and not loose anything vital.

But, I really am enjoying the story. It's a fun change from the other books I've been reading. I'll be going back for the next book but not quit
Novel
Aug 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amber
Jan 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Accordance (A significance Novel, Book 2) has the power to seduce. This is once again, another fantastic book I couldn't put down.

Destiny- the predetermined, usually inevitable or irresistible, course of events The power of agency that determines the course of events.

I love that the author didn't waste time covering events from Significance, Book #1. You don't need it because Significance is one of those books you just don't forget.

The evil plotting Marcus is back and he wants to know what Magg
Autumn Review
Dec 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review
Summary:
Maggie and Caleb continue to learn more about their imprinting and the new roles that they assume. While they are sent away for their safety, Kyle and Bish arrive to help keep Maggie safe. The problem is, they aren't helping. They're causing more issues for Maggie. So, not only does Maggie have to deal with them, but she has a whole new set of abilities that she has to learn to adjust to. Is she willing to accept her new role and how will their love survive these changes?

My Take:
On occas
Tamara Rose Blodgett
I've already read Crane's first book in the Significance Series and liked it a lot. I loved this one. She seems to have really gotten a head o' steam and taken the characters to a new level. The ending was so well-done, I loved it. I think she could even do more action. I especially enjoyed those portions of her novel.

This is definitely morphing into a Christian-themed novel but it's okay for the secular crowd as well. Maggie and Caleb's relationship deepens and the ones' surrounding theirs evol

• United Eden (Eden Trilogy, #3)
  • Endless Magic (Star-Crossed, #4)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Shades of Blood (Warriors of Ankh, #3)
  • Avow (The Archers of Avalon, #3)
  • Destined for a Vampire (Blood Like Poison, #2)
  • Intuition (The Premonition, #2)
  • Time Mends (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #2)
  • Out of the Dark (The Grey Wolves, #4)
  • Forgotten Souls (The Saving Angels, #2)
  • Foretold (Daughters Of Saraqael, #3)
  • Predestined (Existence Trilogy, #2)
  • Grace of Day (Grace, #4)
Shelly is a NEW YORK TIMES & USA TODAY bestselling author from a small town in Georgia and loves everything about the south. She is wife to a fantastical husband and stay-at-home mom to two boisterous and mischievous boys who keep her on her toes. She hoards paperbacks, devours sweet tea, searches year-round for candy corn, and loves to spend time with her family and friends, go out to eat at ...more

Significance Series (6 books)
  • Significance (Significance, #1)
  • Defiance (Significance, #3)
  • Independence (Significance, #4)
  • Undeniably Chosen (Significance, #5)
  • Undeniably Fated (Significance, #6)
“I am so in love with you,” I told him.
“I'm so in love with you.”
“I know,” I said happily and smiled through the rain on my cheeks.”
87 likes
“He pulled my face up with his hand cupping my cheek and kissed me on my trembling mouth. He smoothed his hands down my arms, my back, my hair, my cheek, soothing me.

“There’s a picture of you two in the dictionary under ‘get a room’,” Kyle said from behind me.”
80 likes