Start by marking “Liberty Meadows, Volume 1: Eden” as Want to Read:
Liberty Meadows, Volume 1: Eden

Liberty Meadows, Volume 1: Eden

(Liberty Meadows #1)

Back in print Collecting the first nine issues of the award winning and totally uncensored Liberty Meadows with an all-new cover. Also featuring cover galleries and sketch galleries of unpublished Liberty Meadows art.
Published (first published August 25th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Liberty Meadows, Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Liberty Meadows, Volume 1

Start your review of Liberty Meadows, Volume 1: Eden
47Time
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
My first try to read this strip years ago was met with little success. Now I am reminded why that was: I was a lot less tolerant with this brand of humor. There are plenty of fun moments, but nothing like Peanuts or Calvin and Hobbes. The black and white artwork stands out as gorgeous for Brandy and cartoony for the animals she cares for. It's almost like seeing two different worlds mixed together.

Brandy is an animal psychiatrist, worried about her weight, a bit past her prime, but h
BlurryBug
Nostalgic read

Just love the cuteness and the humour
PinkRibbon
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome.
Matti Karjalainen
Frank Chon "Vitikon veijarit" (Egmont, 2000) on ensimmäinen suomeksi ilmestynyt Turvatarha-albumi. Muistelin sarjakuvan olevan kohtalaisen hauska, mutta eipä tästä nyt niin paljon huumoria saanut irti revittyä. Muutamat hymyilyttävät stripit hukkuvat keskinkertaiseen massaan.
Jim
Sep 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Like many fans of LB, the first thing that draws you in is the artwork. It reminded me a lot of Adam Hughes. Thick outlines, finer lines on the inside, beautiful busty women, etc. It's wonderful to see how Frank's artistic prowess has progressed as the series goes on. Although LB as a story is meant to be funny, I find at times it can try a bit *too* hard to be funny. If the animals and goofy characters were taken out, I wouldn't care too much. I also find that there's a little too many 'homages ...more
Jodi
I wasn’t familiar with Frank Cho prior to reading this, I picked it up on a whim from the library display shelf. It took me some time to get in to it and I almost didn’t finish. Halfway through, it all started coming together and I loved when Oscar joined the group! Oscar and Truman were an awesome little duo and by far my favorite characters. Good compilation, don’t know that I would reread or recommend it.
Matthew Sargent
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
I recently decided to reread this series, and the first volume is just as fun as I remembered. Frank Cho is a master of linework and has a great sense of humor that is well suited to the comic strip medium.

I read the landscape edition, which is a bit unwieldy, but reprints the artwork at what I imagine is its original size (or very close to it), which I appreciate a lot from an artist's perspective.
David Rickert
Nov 20, 2017 rated it liked it
I wanted to like this a lot more than I did. As you might expect, the artwork is an amazing blend of Walt Kelly and Frank Frazetta. However, as they say in the comics industry, good writing will save bad artwork more than good artwork will save bad writing, and I'm afraid much of this falls in the latter category. Still, I'm intrigued enough to check out Volume 2.
Malcolm Cox
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
As a reread, this is still very funny. The boys also very much enjoyed it. The crazy antics of Ralph and Leslie to the lovestruck Frank’s pathetic attempts to win Brandy’s heart, this zany comic strip regularly brought out the laughs. Truman the duck is the boys particular favourite.
wildct2003
Nov 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Good visuals, humor is ok overall. Had time to quickly skim.
Joseph
Mar 11, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The art is fantastic. The setting harkens back to strips like Walt Kelly's Pogo, but not as deftly handled. I like it, but it doesn't have a lot of substance and never quite gels for me.
Burt
Jun 24, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphicnovel, humor
Welcome to Frank Cho's attempt at legitimacy! He initially started out with University 2 (that's actually pronounced University Squared) which has just about all of the main characters with the primary difference being that Frank is actually a Duck and that the backdrop is actually a college town and not an animal sanctuary. I think he made the switch because for Frank and Brandy to date while Frank was a duck... bestiality doesn't fly in syndicated strips.

Regardless of the humble be
Zombiejohn
Sep 10, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Frank Cho released the strips for the papers and then printed the strips plus the rejects into a comic book printed form, then they collected them into these excelently sized and printed books. At it's heart, Liberty Meadows is a love story with a soap opra edge, however the humor is twisted and delightfully charming. If you have ever longed for someone and not felt good enough to share their air, or if you love Weiner dogs being ridden by baby ducks, or perhaps a circus bear with a Ron Popeil c ...more
Ksenia
Mar 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read these as my nightstand book. And every night that I did, Josh would hear me laughing. Some of these strips had me in stitches. Who would have thought three or four-panel strips could be so funny. And yes it’s true, Frank Cho really knows how to draw beautiful women. It’s what he’s known for in the industry. Oh, and there are several references to Xena, which I am of course not opposed to
Jessica Winston
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The first volume was slow but every enjoyable... I loved the art style as well as the comedy to back it up.

The story was fun as hell, a rehab center for animals with humanistic problems... Good times. I'm not good at reviewing but what I read was a damn treat and I continue to read time and time again!
Jota Houses
Liberty Meadows es diversión descerebrada. Comedia de Laurel y Hardy, romance, ternura y perfección técnica comparten espacio con los mejores dibujos de Monos contra Dinosaurios que se puedan encontrar y las más bellas mujeres que pueda dibujar un chimpance salido. He leído hasta el nº 37 básicamente porque no se ha publicado más. ¡Cho, deja de dibujar a Lobezno y danos más aventuras!
Ernest
Apr 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Funny. Brandy. 'Nuff said.
Zanne
Jan 13, 2015 rated it liked it
ReRead 26 October 2019
James Zanghi
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Any person wanting a good laugh
Recommended to James by: No one
Hysterical comic book series.
Jack
Oct 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
was as funny as the second collection that I started out with: Creature Comforts. Wonderfully entertaining.
Ron
Nov 02, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Been reading online via www.comics.com. Enjoy!
Adam Šilhan
Dec 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Na ty stripové komiksy asi úplně nejsem. Bylo to dobré, místy velmi vtipné, ale nic zázračného.
Martin
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, graphic-novels
Tenhle sešit s komiksovými stripy mi dvakrát nesedl. Vtipy jsou prvoplánové a předvídatelné. Grafické zpracování je ale fajn, autor moc hezky vykresluje mimiku tváře.
Nicole
I could do without the pinup-girly stuff, but I love the crazy, dysfunctional, hilarious animals.
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, humor
Excellent drawing-style sprinkled with just a bunch of R-rated jokes, as well as some 4-th wall breaks.
Greg Fulton
I'm in love with a woman in a comic. Look what Frank Cho did! Bless him. Great read, funny, sweet and endearing in a cool way.
John
Sep 23, 2012
Kathleen Leach
May 30, 2016
Frederik
Nov 14, 2016

• The Complete Far Side, 1980–1994
  • Blacksad (edición integral: 1-5)
  • A Contract With God and Other Tenement Stories
  • Hitman, Vol. 7: Closing Time
  • The Dark Knight
  • Super-Dimensional Love Gun
  • Machimaho: I Messed Up and Made the Wrong Person Into a Magical Girl! Vol. 1
The second of three children, Frank Cho was born in Seoul, Korea in 1971, but moved to the United States at the age of six and was raised in Beltsville, Maryland.

Cho received no formal training as an artist. He got his start writing and drawing a cartoon strip called University2 for The Diamondback, the student newspaper at the University of Maryland, College Park. After graduation, Ch

Liberty Meadows (4 books)
  • Liberty Meadows, Volume 2: Creature Comforts