Start by marking “Awakening (Lilly Frank #1)” as Want to Read:
Awakening (Lilly Frank #1)

Awakening (Lilly Frank #1)

Two years ago, Lilly Frank's mother was brutally murdered--and the killer set free. Since then Lilly has worked hard to create a safe and stable life for herself. But she's thrown off balance when she meets Torren Frisk, a handsome stranger whom she finds both irresistible and frightening. As she spends more time with Torren, Lilly's growing attraction to him threatens to ...more
ebook, 1st edition, 78 pages
Published August 2012 by Jeanie Grey

To ask other readers questions about Awakening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Awakening

Alice
Apr 18, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Coming into this book, I was under the impression this was going to be an adult thriller. About midway through the book that's when i realized that this was about vampires. However, this did not deter me. I loved Jeanie's writing style and i enjoyed all of the characters, even Lilly's god-awful father. It left me wanting more and made me wish vampires existed! I wish i had that electric feeling she feels with Torren.
Greg at 2 Book Lovers Reviews
This was one of those books that I hummed and hawded over for a while…I do like a good vampire book…and every good book needs at least a little romance (with a few exception)…but I just wasn’t sure if it was my cup of tea (yes I do drink tea); but for 99cents I gave it a shot.

Wow! Jeanie Grey is a really good writer! Awakening is the story of Lily Frank and Torren. They are both living separate, lonely lives. Torren has a plan to bring them together.

The characters in Awakening are exceptionally
Shelley
Aug 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
What happens when the monsters that we fear as children turn out to be kinder than the people that we know?

Lilly has always been a pawn in other people’s games and their struggles for power. Being raised in an affluent family in one of the world’s largest cities, Lilly grew up surrounded by important and powerful men. Her father was one of them. Lilly never had the closest relationship with her father, she always felt like he resented her for the fact that her mother didn’t dote on him the way
Laura Greenwood
May 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review forthcoming on http://a-reader-lives-a-thousand-live...

I received a copy of Awakening in exchange for my review.

Lilly's mother died 2 years ago at the hands of James Derrick, something that Lilly has never been able to forget. Her father, Hugh is determined to set her up with someone of the right social status, but Lilly doesn't want that, and gets engaged to Ethan as a way of putting her finger up at him. But then she meets Torren, a mysterious man who she feels instantly attracted to, w
Thomas Winship
Dec 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jeanie Grey’s “Awakening” has all the ingredients for a great romance story: a damaged, yet determined heroine (Lilly); a lover who doesn’t deserve her; a suitor who is either the biggest jacka$$ on the planet or completely misunderstood; and a mysterious stranger who promises to be either her salvation or her destruction.

Lilly’s mother is dead (and I can’t write that without hearing Jon Voight say, “You’re more dead to me than your dead mother.”)—murdered two years earlier by a killer who was
Thedarkerhalf
Jan 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampire
Jeanie Grey has empowered the read and lover or Vampire Romance to step beyond the shadows and into the light. A truly fantastic read for those who love a good hero tale and a great Romance story.

This one is filled with passion and respect for both a lover, and fearful girl who misses her mother and a woman, set on a revenge she didn't know she was seeking.

Lilly's "routine" is a subconscious plan to find the man who murdered her mother and take out a revenge on him that she didn't know she was
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Jul 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: YA
Recommended to Jenny Bynum by: Jeanie Grey Author
I received an eARC copy of this book in return for an honest review. I really enjoyed reading this book. I loved the sadness, the humor, romance, and the suspense of the story. I would have never guessed this to have been the author's debut book, because of how well written it was and the magic that I felt come out of the pages. It's a MUST read ya that will tear at your heart strings and pull you into the story and keep you entertained from beginning to end. I fell in love with the characters a ...more
Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
Favorite Line "Don’t run away.”

Whoa!! What a cliffhanger!!
Lily is a strong independent woman who lost her mother and Torren is a oh so hot Vampire.
When the meet Lilys father suggests she take him out. Little dies Lily know but, Torren asked to be set up! Yummy!!
Torren gives Lily some shocking news!! Oh you must read it to find out what happened!!
Fabulous Novella!!!

I was given this book in exchange for an honest review (RBTL)

FOUR STRONG INDEPENDENT FAIRIES
Kim
Jun 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pure entertainment from start to finish, Awakening grabbed my attention and kept it. I agree wholeheartedly with the other reviewers who rave -- this has all the right ingredients for a fun, suspenseful, romance-rich adventure.
Teena
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

Good worth a read, but too short. I'd rather not read a bunch of 100 pg things. It's irritating and only for money.
Mari Wells
Jun 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this vampire romance.
Christie Palmer
My Review
   Lilly's life has been turned upside down when her mother is murdered. And lives in a type of suspended reality watching the world around her revolve while she attempts to get through each day. Then she meets Terron and her life is turned upside down yet again.
  Terron is a force of nature in Lilly's life, one she can't ignore. With his help she pulls herself out of the self inflicted limbo she has been living in.

Liked:

This was a fast read, once you get past the first half of t
Karen Cole
Jan 13, 2016
Tamara
Oct 22, 2017
Leanne
rated it did not like it
Apr 16, 2015
Mary Ann
Apr 20, 2016
Nancy Jones
Apr 30, 2016
Jeanie Grey writes sophisticated, steamy, unconventional romance and erotica for readers who like to think. She is the authoress of The Lilly Frank series, At First Blush, and Crouch and Other Stories. A fan of social justice, sex positivity, and chocolate, her list of favorite things in life also includes foreign films, Lady Grey tea, men wearing sweaters, and curling up in bed all day with a goo ...more