Start by marking “Death's Shadow (The Demonata, #7)” as Want to Read:
Death's Shadow (The Demonata, #7)

Death's Shadow

(The Demonata #7)

The apocalypse came and the world burned. But it wasn't the end, and out of the destruction, new life has emerged. Bec is back to face the Demonata. After centuries of imprisonment, she's more powerful than ever, but the demons no longer stand alone.

Something has crawled out of the darkness with her. Lord Loss is no longer humanity's greatest threat...

As Bec's relationship
Published 2008 by HarperCollins Children's

Start your review of Death's Shadow (The Demonata, #7)
DJ
Literally ten years since I read the last one of these!

I LOVED the Saga of Darren Shan series when I was a kid and it was first coming out. My brother and I would count the days till the next one was released and then go buy it together and both devour it immediately. I left like there was a hole in my life when that series finished, ha. So of course when he started writing a new series, I started reading that immediately too.

I was 12-14 at this point - 12 when the first one, Lord Loss, came out
❄️ Propertea Of Frostea ❄️ Bitter SnoBerry ❄
A quick review: I don't love the narration by Bec. Not in the new world. It's shifted drastically, she' learning again, and with Bill-E you-know-how... Mehhh, nope, I was bored. Too many humans slaughtered, the Shadow was even more ridiculous than Lord Loss. And such great loss of two great disciples -_- Great thing Dervish got his six purple spikes on his gray head, looked cool ^.^ Turns out, they were 'good-luck' sort of... love all paranoids!

Didn't like this book as much as I thought I would
Jason
May 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books, read-2015
4 Stars

Death's Shadow is a tough book for me to say that I love. It is simply far too depressing of a story filled with many bad things for the heroes that we love. I am a huge fan of the series and love Darren Shan's writing style. This is a fabulous world filled with great protagonists and scary monsters and demons. Bec is wonderful in this story but dialed down. All other characters take some scary steps. Death's Shadow clearly lays down the ground work for the upcoming novels.

Darren Shan sh
Lilly
Mar 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Randstostipher "tallnlankyrn" Nguyen for TeensReadToo.com

Although this does frustrate Bec extremely, no time is to waste as werewolves and demons attack the
Siobhan
Oct 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book goes back to being based upon Bec’s narrative.

As with the previous book in the series this one works to give the reader a lot of information about the bigger picture – telling them more about the characters (both the good and the bad) and the magic that is at work in the universe. As a whole it is a very useful book when it comes to gaining knowledge on the universe that exists in the books.
Salamanda
Tom Sturtridge
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Woooweee. Fighting death itself. Yes please Mr. Shan. Story progression. Tension. Suspense. Horror. Gore. Absolutely in love. Not many People can build characters and stories for so many books and keep all the twists and turns coming.
Adam Marino
The theme of this book is spend time with loved ones because you never know when they will pass which happened in this book.
Chris Lane
Apr 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just finished reading this book and oh my god could not believe the ending great read onto the next one
Jessica Gleason
May 07, 2020 rated it liked it
This was my least favorite of the series so far. It wasn't as interesting or developed as the others. The end was better than the book as a whole. I've loved every story until this point. ...more
Darien Griffiths
May 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Well. That's was emotional. I don't want to finsih the series, it's so good. But if anyone else dies then I might need therapy. ...more
Max
Jan 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: quarter-2
As always, thrills and chills are felt in this next installment in the horrifying and gripping THE DEMONATA series. Bec has returned, and what aches her the most, besides adapting to the newest technology of the always-changing world, is having to deal with Dervish and the miles of questions surrounding his deceased nephew, Bill-E.The seventh book to the demonata series. This book is from the point of the recently revived Bec. They have a new enemy to fear cause the demonata are now all bowing d ...more
Celine
Jun 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children, horror, demons
It's been ages since I last read a Demonata book, but there was enough recounting previous happenings that I had no issues getting back into the action. The narrator of Death's Shadow is Bec, one of my favourite characters of the series. We learn more about the elusive Shadow, who made even Lord Loss to bow before him. The situation is becoming more and more dire, and the Disciples are keeling over like flies. Only three more books left in the series! Wonder who will be left standing by the end. ...more
Anna C
Oct 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novel

Lost another 2 (or 3?) main heroes in this book... T__T
The future looks even grimmer than ever now that (view spoiler) departed early thanks to the grim reaper's help.
Paxton Holley
Sort of hitting the same problem that Cirque du Freak had, too little story spread across too many books. Still really good though, but we could have had 4 or 5 GREAT books instead of 7 pretty good ones.
Tayla
Apr 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Charles
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Once again Darren Shan delivers another riveting entry in the ever maddening world of demons, werewolves, and the undead. While I still greatly enjoyed this entry in the series (Bec is my favorite protagonist 😁) I have to give it a four out of five stars. The reason behind this being that, towards the midway point in the story, Bec's narration seems to become just a little bit muddled with internal explanations and recollection of previously touched upon topics or story information. While I unde ...more
Lynn Robin
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Although I am used to Darren Shan's books to be action-packed, Death's Shadow totally blew me away. While it started out rather calmly, introducing Bec's new life and how she both struggles and yet enjoys the modern society she has found herself in, the story line soon evolved into that worthy of an action movie!

The author barely gives you—and Bec and the others, poor souls—time to catch your breath before the next twist or another fresh wave of trouble and danger catches you by surprise... and
evil
The second novel with Bec as the narrator isn’t what I expected. The fourth book of the series is my favorite (yet) and admittedly I did have high expectations for it. ‘Death’s shadow’ happens in the modern world and it fills the gap between at least one incident happening somewhere at the same time. (The next book is probably about that? I don’t know.)

The story didn’t pull me in like I wanted it to. There are multiple good moments though. Beranabus’s friendship with Bec is one of them. It’s en
Štěpán
Seventh book is again from BEC POV and this time I do not feel that hyped. It is interesting read. The story is continuing and is pushing forward but at the same time I am more used to Bec being not so little girl but being a force to be reckoned with. With this in mind I felt that Bec was pushed little bit back but at the same time it makes sense why it happened.

I enjoyed this book, it is a good read with a lot of mysteries and with a bigger set-up but I am looking forward more to the other bo
Saul
Jan 16, 2020 added it

Over the break, I read death's shadow by darren shan and I liked it. I decided to read this book because it was next in a series.The series has 10 books and this was the 7 books in the series.I decided to read this series because i read cirque du freak by darren shan also and i got interested in that type of books.This book was great because It was about demons and werewolves and I liked the topic.I like this topic because ive been reading about his for a long time and I got` interested in this
Kitty
Jun 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Cassie Fischer
3.5 but closer to 4 than 3

I groaned a little when I realized that this book was going to be from Bec's point of view again. I wasn't quite sure of the point. Just move on with Grubbs' story already!
However, I enjoyed this one. The pacing was great and there were no unnecessary scenes.
It did end up really sad, but I think it shows that I've grown as a reader and how I mentally prepared myself for another Darren Shan saga that I'm okay with some deaths.
Apparently, the next volume is really good, s
Timothy Pitkin
May 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
We learn more about Bernabus and I do kinda like that the book does try to tie in some mythology like introducing the Minotaur. But I still have a few questions since they do not really explain beings like the Minotaur leaving it a bit vague. But still good that we are introduced to other villains and we get to explore the Demonata universe but I wish we can learn more about the Demon Masters.
minney
Jan 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-of-2021
yeah baeby, if it ain't broke don't fix it, another classic for the demonata universe !!!! loved bran's history parts from the perspective of bec's mind reading powers (which i love very much) and very sad but cool how mean Devrish was in this, i love being in bec's mind and love all the mysteries n stuff !!!! i am missin grubbs tho... poor bastard ...more
Jerry
Apr 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
An action dense book, seven in the Demonata series.
Bec is once again the protagonist, who is left with Dervish in Carcery Vale. After a difficult start settling into the modern era and Dervish's grieving company, she is soon faced with unprecedented challenges. And these challenges come at a high cost.
Every hope seems once again lost...
Kay Cole
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-books
This book has brought on a lot more crazy stuff. I can't believe all that these books contain. They are overly interesting and I cannot stop reading. This book brought up a far more advanced concept than I could even comprehend but I will start book 8 tomorrow to see if I can figure it all out! ...more
Holly
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well, after discovering these books when I was a teen and binge reading the first six, I finally got on with the rest of it.

These are fun, and I'm not even kidding they still scare me!
Rebecca Rossi
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Did it again Darren! Broke me and wowed me all at the same time!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Wrong book format 2 11 Nov 22, 2014 04:07PM
Akins Hollis Engl...: SSR-11/04/11 1 2 Nov 04, 2011 07:52AM
Akins Hollis Engl...: SSR 10-14-11 1 1 Oct 14, 2011 08:02AM

• Procession of the Dead (The City Trilogy, #1)
  • Hell's Horizon (The City Trilogy, #2)
  • City of the Snakes (The City Trilogy, #3)
  • Shahnameh: The Persian Book of Kings
  • لطفاً گوسفند نباشید
  • Vlucht Voor Het Vuur
  • I Choose to Live
  • A Heart of Stone
  • Het leven uit een dag
  • The Dark Flight Down (Book of Dead Days, #2)
  • قصه‌های من و بابام - کتاب اول - بابای خوب من
  • قصه‌های من و بابام - کتاب دوم - شوخی‌ها و مهربانی‌ها
  • قصه‌های من و بابام / لبخند ماه
  • Rising Alpha (Fated Mates #1)
  • Death Sentence (Escape from Furnace, #3)
  • آبنبات هل دار
  • The Frightful First World War
  • Blood, Bones and Body Bits
Librarian's note: Also writes books for adults under the name Darren Dash. And in the past he has released books for adults under the names D.B. Shan and Darren O'Shaughnessy.

Darren Shan (born July 2, 1972 in London, England) is the pen name of the Irish author Darren O'Shaughnessy, as well as the name of the protagonist of his book series The Saga of Darren Shan, also known as The Cirque Du Freak

The Demonata (10 books)
  • Lord Loss (The Demonata, #1)
  • Demon Thief (The Demonata, #2)
  • Slawter (The Demonata, #3)
  • Bec (The Demonata, #4)
  • Blood Beast (The Demonata, #5)
  • Demon Apocalypse (The Demonata, #6)
  • Wolf Island (The Demonata, #8)
  • Dark Calling (The Demonata, #9)
  • Hell's Heroes (The Demonata, #10)