Start by marking “Death's Shadow (The Demonata, #7)” as Want to Read:
Death's Shadow (The Demonata, #7)

Death's Shadow

(The Demonata #7)

The apocalypse came and the world burned. But it wasn't the end, and out of the destruction, new life has emerged. Bec is back to face the Demonata. After centuries of imprisonment, she's more powerful than ever, but the demons no longer stand alone.

Something has crawled out of the darkness with her. Lord Loss is no longer humanity's greatest threat...

As Bec's relationship
Published 2008 by HarperCollins Children's

Dani
May 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Literally ten years since I read the last one of these!

I LOVED the Saga of Darren Shan series when I was a kid and it was first coming out. My brother and I would count the days till the next one was released and then go buy it together and both devour it immediately. I left like there was a hole in my life when that series finished, ha. So of course when he started writing a new series, I started reading that immediately too.

I was 12-14 at this point - 12 when the first one, Lord Loss, came out
❄️ Propertea Of Frostea ❄️ Bitter SnoBerry ❄
A quick review: I don't love the narration by Bec. Not in the new world. It's shifted drastically, she' learning again, and with Bill-E you-know-how... Mehhh, nope, I was bored. Too many humans slaughtered, the Shadow was even more ridiculous than Lord Loss. And such great loss of two great disciples -_- Great thing Dervish got his six purple spikes on his gray head, looked cool ^.^ Turns out, they were 'good-luck' sort of... love all paranoids!

Didn't like this book as much as I thought I would
Jason
May 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books, read-2015
4 Stars

Death's Shadow is a tough book for me to say that I love. It is simply far too depressing of a story filled with many bad things for the heroes that we love. I am a huge fan of the series and love Darren Shan's writing style. This is a fabulous world filled with great protagonists and scary monsters and demons. Bec is wonderful in this story but dialed down. All other characters take some scary steps. Death's Shadow clearly lays down the ground work for the upcoming novels.

Darren Shan sh
Lilly
Mar 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Randstostipher "tallnlankyrn" Nguyen for TeensReadToo.com

Although this does frustrate Bec extremely, no time is to waste as werewolves and demons attack the
Siobhan
Oct 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book goes back to being based upon Bec’s narrative.

As with the previous book in the series this one works to give the reader a lot of information about the bigger picture – telling them more about the characters (both the good and the bad) and the magic that is at work in the universe. As a whole it is a very useful book when it comes to gaining knowledge on the universe that exists in the books.
Salamanda
Adam Marino
The theme of this book is spend time with loved ones because you never know when they will pass which happened in this book.
Max
Jan 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: quarter-2
As always, thrills and chills are felt in this next installment in the horrifying and gripping THE DEMONATA series. Bec has returned, and what aches her the most, besides adapting to the newest technology of the always-changing world, is having to deal with Dervish and the miles of questions surrounding his deceased nephew, Bill-E.The seventh book to the demonata series. This book is from the point of the recently revived Bec. They have a new enemy to fear cause the demonata are now all bowing d ...more
Celine
Jun 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, demons, children
It's been ages since I last read a Demonata book, but there was enough recounting previous happenings that I had no issues getting back into the action. The narrator of Death's Shadow is Bec, one of my favourite characters of the series. We learn more about the elusive Shadow, who made even Lord Loss to bow before him. The situation is becoming more and more dire, and the Disciples are keeling over like flies. Only three more books left in the series! Wonder who will be left standing by the end.
Anna C
Oct 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novel

Lost another 2 (or 3?) main heroes in this book... T__T
The future looks even grimmer than ever now that (view spoiler) departed early thanks to the grim reaper's help.
Charles
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Once again Darren Shan delivers another riveting entry in the ever maddening world of demons, werewolves, and the undead. While I still greatly enjoyed this entry in the series (Bec is my favorite protagonist 😁) I have to give it a four out of five stars. The reason behind this being that, towards the midway point in the story, Bec's narration seems to become just a little bit muddled with internal explanations and recollection of previously touched upon topics or story information. While I unde ...more
Štěpán Tichý
Seventh book is again from BEC POV and this time I do not feel that hyped. It is interesting read. The story is continuing and is pushing forward but at the same time I am more used to Bec being not so little girl but being a force to be reckoned with. With this in mind I felt that Bec was pushed little bit back but at the same time it makes sense why it happened.

I enjoyed this book, it is a good read with a lot of mysteries and with a bigger set-up but I am looking forward more to the other bo
Cassie Fischer
3.5 but closer to 4 than 3

I groaned a little when I realized that this book was going to be from Bec's point of view again. I wasn't quite sure of the point. Just move on with Grubbs' story already!
However, I enjoyed this one. The pacing was great and there were no unnecessary scenes.
It did end up really sad, but I think it shows that I've grown as a reader and how I mentally prepared myself for another Darren Shan saga that I'm okay with some deaths.
Apparently, the next volume is really good, s
Paxton Holley
Sort of hitting the same problem that Cirque du Freak had, too little story spread across too many books. Still really good though, but we could have had 4 or 5 GREAT books instead of 7 pretty good ones.
Kayy Colee
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
This book has brought on a lot more crazy stuff. I can't believe all that these books contain. They are overly interesting and I cannot stop reading. This book brought up a far more advanced concept than I could even comprehend but I will start book 8 tomorrow to see if I can figure it all out!
CatchTheseWords
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well, after discovering these books when I was a teen and binge reading the first six, I finally got on with the rest of it.

These are fun, and I'm not even kidding they still scare me!
Rebecca Rossi
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Did it again Darren! Broke me and wowed me all at the same time!
Madison Rene'
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really disappointed in myself for not being able to guess who/what the shadow was considering both the title and my live of symbolism. But eh, what can I say still enjoyed reading this
Justin
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another good book in the series.
Gustavo De Luna
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
It was gonna be a 4.5, but the plot twist at the end of revealing a new threat to the characters added that full star. I'm only missing three books and this journey would come to an end, after years.
N.G. Gray
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hungarians everywhere! 😃🤘🇭🇺 Thank you, Darren!
Larena
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
14+:AGES 14+:Violence could be a dominant element of the storyline. Could contain strong or frequent use of profanity and nudity or sexual activity.

E:Easy: 3rd grade Vocabulary

Method: E-Book

Location: Chautaugua-Cattaraugus Library System
Cattie
May 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
May contain spoiler of the last books!
Darren Shan is and always will be one of my favourite authors. I took me a long time to continue in his "Demonata-Series", because I just recently got my hands on a copy of "Death's Shadow", book #7 in the series. I read the books 1-6 in German when I was younger, but they stopped publishing the books in German after that what is really sad. But here I am, having a copy with the good old cover and am happy, because I like Shan's stories so much.

Story:
Grubbs
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*

This creepy-ass cover houses one of the best - and saddest - of the series.

While the first books dealt with Lord Loss and the dangers of the demonata (such a wicked yet cool word), we have now realized there is an even greater foe to face. Finally this book reveals who is under the mask and it's not someone I was guessing. It's a big game changer since it completely changes the focus and aims of not just the demons, but now of those who fight them off. Stakes were already grim enough when it was
Becky
Aug 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
And magic number 3 of the day. You can totally tell I am addicted to this series. :D

So after that explosive ending in the previous book I wasn't sure what to expect from this one, and I was quite pleased as this is told from Bec's point of view again, and I really like her as a character, not that I don't like Grubbs because I really do, but there is just something about Bec and I was glad to get her voice back, however bizarrely that came about.

A giant shadow was spotted trying to come through
Rhys
Feb 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: grade-8-ir-books
In the book Death Shadow by Darren Shan is about this girl named Bec who came back to life after her Billy E died. In the beginning Dervish used Bec to get into Billy E's memories. But when he and Bec talked he released what he was doing to her. While they were giving each other a hug 3 werwolves attacked and tried to kill Bec and Dervish. They escaped but while they were in Dervish's secret room he had a heart attack and went into a coma. They took him to a hospital while 2 of there friends wen ...more
Siti

204 pages
Little, Brown & Company. $16.99
isbn13: 9780316003810
(Ages 12 & up)

The demon-fighting heroes have so far delayed the crossings of the dreaded demons. Could they hold for long? Could one last and final obstacle be their most triumphant success or devastating end? How far would you go to fight for a cause that is only pricked with little success and 99.99% failure? How can you kill something that is technically...not eve
Jessica
Nov 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2011, demons
The heroin Bec stars yet again in another one of Darren Shan's Demonata novel. The second time we peer through her eyes, she has taken over Bill-E's body and made it her own. With the tunnel yet again sealed, Grubbs, Kernel and her beloved Bran (Beranabus) set off into the Demonata realm in search of the mysterious demon they call "Shadow", leaving Bec with Devrish. Bec is forced to recite Bill-E's life day and night to please Devrish, while feeling lonelier then the 1000 years spent in the tunn ...more
Gabriella
Dec 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: demons-monsters

Death's Shadow is the seventh book in the Demonata series.

Bec is back from the dead, and is finally reunited with her childhood friend, but he doesn't stay there for long. His love for her forces him to sacrifice his life to save her. What's worse is that their only ticket out of th
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Wrong book format 2 11 Nov 22, 2014 04:07PM
Akins Hollis Engl...: SSR-11/04/11 1 2 Nov 04, 2011 07:52AM
Akins Hollis Engl...: SSR 10-14-11 1 1 Oct 14, 2011 08:02AM

• Monster Republic (Monster Republic, #1)
  • Shadows in the Twilight (Joel Gustafsson, #2)
  • Voices in the Dark (The Last Descendants, #2)
  • Samurai (Simon St George, #2)
  • Winter Door (The Gateway Trilogy, #2)
  • Cross Your Heart, Connie Pickles
  • The Black Tattoo
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • The Witch of Agnesi (Bonnie Pinkwater Mystery, #1)
  • Into the Wildewood (Faire Folk Trilogy #2)
  • Mimi's Ghost Stories; ミミの怪談; Mimi no Kaidan
  • Vampire Game, Vol. 15 (Vampire Game, #15)
  • Payback (Boy Soldier, #2)
  • The Jumbee
  • The City in the Lake
  • The Devil's Heart (The Devil, #2)
Librarian's note: Also writes books for adults under the name Darren Dash. And in the past he has released books for adults under the names D.B. Shan and Darren O'Shaughnessy.

Darren Shan (born July 2, 1972 in London, England) is the pen name of the Irish author Darren O'Shaughnessy, as well as the name of the protagonist of his book series The Saga of Darren Shan, also known as The Cirque Du Freak

The Demonata (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Lord Loss (The Demonata, #1)
  • Demon Thief (The Demonata, #2)
  • Slawter (The Demonata, #3)
  • Bec (The Demonata, #4)
  • Blood Beast (The Demonata, #5)
  • Demon Apocalypse (The Demonata, #6)
  • Wolf Island (The Demonata, #8)
  • Dark Calling (The Demonata, #9)
  • Hell's Heroes (The Demonata, #10)
  • Demonata (10 Book Series)
“Normal people don’t know how lucky—how blessed—they are.” 6 likes
“It's the darkness when a light is quenched, the silence when a sound fades. It takes the final breath from the smallest insect and the mightiest king. It knows us all, stalks us all, and in the end claims us all.” 5 likes