Start by marking “Weddings from Hell” as Want to Read:
Weddings from Hell

Weddings from Hell (Short Stories from Hell)

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  3,387 Ratings  ·  151 Reviews
Some marriages are made in heaven . . . Some are not.

What happens when "the happiest day of your life" turns into a nightmare? Forget the drunken best man or the bridesmaid dresses from the '80s . . . none of these wedding day disasters can compare to a cursed bride determined to make it down the aisle, or a vampire who is about to disrupt your wedding.
Mass Market Paperback, 375 pages
Published May 27th 2008 by Harper

To ask other readers questions about Weddings from Hell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Weddings from Hell

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
My favorites in this collection were the Maggie Shayne and Kathryn Smith stories. The Jeaniene Frost story wasn't bad, and the Terri Garey story was decent.

"Till Death" by Maggie Shayne

I didn't expect to like this story with the family curse due to a female witch ancestor embittered because her husband had cheated on her. She killed him and the woman he betrayed her with, cursed all her female ancestors to die by their husbands' hands if the husbands are unfaithful, because it was better to die
Holly
Sep 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Til Death by Maggie Shayne. My first book by Maggie Shayne and I really liked it. It was sexy, very interesting and very well written. I forgot I was reading a 'short story'. Normally I hate scary stories and while this wasn't 'scary' it still gave me a few tingles and jingles up and down my spine. Loved it! 5 stars!

Happily Never After by Jeaniene Frost. I liked it. Maybe I was let down by it because of the three stories I read in the Weddings From Hell anthology, I thought J. Frost's was the we
Julie (jjmachshev)
May 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2008-reads
Cool anthology with stories from Maggie Shayne, Jeaniene Frost, Terri Garey, and Kathryn Smith. Each tale provides a quick glimpse at characters from the authors' series about paranormal creatures.

"Till Death" from Maggie Shayne tells the story of a curse and the brave woman who's willing to place her life in the hands of a near-stranger. HOT!

"Happily Never After" by Jeaniene Frost is a hilarious and sexy romp pitting a wannabe mobster against a woman with a delicious vamp on her side!!

"Ghouls
Rhianna
Feb 05, 2009 rated it really liked it
Weddings From Hell is another paranormal anthology in the vein of Dates From Hell and Holidays Are Hell. Pick a theme and throw some popular paranormal romance or urban fantasy authors at it. And just in time for wedding season we've got this collection of tales sure to make your horrific bridesmaid dress woes and cold-feet fly right out the window.

[Till Death by Maggie Shayne:] is the first offering in the anthology. When a heartbroken witch of the McLellan clan lays a curse on the women of he
Tara
Till Death by Maggie Shayne
3/7/10- Ok this is the 3rd Maggie Shayne story I've read. Her stories seem to deal with humans that are either psychics or witches. The H/H couple are pretty much strangers and then they have sex and no one even pauses to consider a condom. They aren't sexy but in this day & age, they are a reality unless you are having sex with a vampire or were wolf or something otherwise paranormal. Ok, that rant is over.
Kira MacLellan is a young girl when her she watches her m
Carolyn F.
The Maggie Shayne story was good although a lot rushed. But that's probably because it's a short story. Kira confronted Ian about a curse within minutes of meeting him and they fell in love in a day.

The Jeaniene Frost story was good. I loved grandmother Greta and the romance between Chance and Isa was done well. There's a couple of scenes with Bones too. Greta and Bones used to have a thing a long time before.

The Terri Garey story was different. She's able to see dead people after having a near
Unapologetic_Bookaholic
Jul 07, 2009 added it
Recommends it for: fans of PNR
I read part Maggie Shayne's Till Death [about a witch's curse:] and Jeaniene Frost's Happily Never After.

Again, I won't rate the entire book because I only read a couple of the stories. I liked the writing style of Maggie Shayne and I am considering reading a full novel to get a better idea of her world creation and characters. I did not care for the secondary characters and they played a big part in this novella.

Jeaniene Frost's story was more to my liking. Wasn't quite as captivating as Cat a
L-D
May 27, 2011 rated it liked it
"Happily Never After" by Jeaniene Frost: In this short, Elise is a vampire who lives in seclusion in NYC. She comes across Blake, a man who is possessed by a demon. She is able to stop him from killing and although he asks her to kill him so he stops hurting people, she decides to help him instead. Mencheres, her sire, Cat & Bones make appearances in this short. It was an interesting story and I liked Blake and Elise. 3.5 stars.
Marcy Jo
Mar 20, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Paranormal
Jeaniene's story was hands down the best, and that isn't just because of the cameo by Bones. (uh, how long do we have to wait for At Grave's End again? Crap. Too long.)

All the stories were entertaining, though, and I find myself wanting to hunt up some other works by TG.

Generally speaking, I prefer novels to short stories, since I really like to dig in deep with the characters, but these were well worth a read!
willaful
Sep 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Enjoyable paranormal romance short stories. I skipped the last story, a historical. Jeaniene Frost's story is only loosely connected to her series and can stand alone. I haven't read any of the other "Nicki Styx" books and it stood alone okay too.
Mary (BookHounds)
Feb 13, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: traded
I swore I wouldn't read any more anthologies since I am usually disappointed with a couple of the stories in each one, but this one had strong, stand-alone novellas. I don't think anyone will be disappointed with anything here. I especially enjoyed Terri Garey's story about Nicki.
Quirkyreader
Oct 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I am giving this collection of stories four stars. I wanted to give it five but the last story wasn't the best and was a bit of a mood spoiler. Aside from that, the other three stories were very well written and very entertaining.
Robin
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
TILL DEATH, by Maggie Shayne

This is my first time reading Maggie Shayne, though a quick count shows I have around 12 other books in my TBR by her, although half of those seem to be omnibuses with other authors.

When Kira was seven her mother died in a freak accident, and her father took his own life not long after. Now, eighteen years later, Kira receives a call from Scotland, advising her that a relative has died and she needs to come to Scotland for the reading of the will. There she meets her
Jan 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Three decent stories and one terrible one to finish it up. I had to stop reading the Kathryn Smith story because the writing was atrocious. The story is set in 1897 but her heroine talks like a teenage boy from a 90's film. Seriously - just a few paragraphs into chapter 2 she says both "shagging" and "knocking boots." The dialogue was so awkward and inappropriate to the period that it was actually painful to read. So I stopped.
Daelith
Terri Garey story - 3 stars
Kathryn Smith story - 2 stars
Elizabeth
Nov 29, 2008 rated it it was ok
Some marriages are made in heaven . . . Some are not.

Join New York Times bestselling authors Maggie Shayne and Jeaniene Frost, USA Today bestseller Kathryn Smith, as well as Terri Garey in four un
Kathy Davie
Jun 20, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, paranormal
Actually, I'd give it a 3.5...

Series: Happily Never After (Vampire Huntress, 2.5)

Wedding Knight (Brotherhood of the Blood, 0.5)

Ghouls Night Out (Nicki Styx, 2.5)

Maggie Shayne's Til Death involves a long-running curse that sees dead the bride of any man who cheats on her. An early ancestress of Kira's caught her husband in bed with the maid, shot him, the maid, and then jumped out the window to her death but not before laying a curse on the women of her family that if their husband should cheat o
Shannon Roland
Jan 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
I only got this collection because it had a story from Jeanine Frost. One of my favorites.

It's always a risk when you pick up any story collection in finding one that is mostly composed of stories you enjoy. This was a typical, average collection. Not bad, but not great either. Average. It's common theme was weddings with supernatural problems.

Since this only contains four tales, I'll look at each story.

The first tale is by Maggie Shayne. It's about a family curse. As I read this story, I th
Karen Wapinski
Jul 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
I compromised with 4 stars here. Frost and Garey's were 5 star but Shayne's and Smith's was only 3. Here's why.

"Till Death" by Maggie Shayne is the first I've read by this author and while I liked the idea of the curse (it reminded me of the movie version of Practical Magic) I thought the characters were too rushed and didn't buy the immediate connection. While I though Kira was a believable heroine I didn't by Ian. He was simply perfect, no flaws no mess...I can't buy a hero who seems like a re
Felita Hardigaloeh
terjemahan....

ada 4 cerita....

-Till Death-
Kira ga menyangka, bakal nerima warisan dari bibinya di Skotlandia....kebeneran, Kira bisa tau keluarga ibunya, yg menyimpan rahasia....kutukan...di mana semua anak perempuannya tidak bisa menikah, kecuali mau suaminya nanti berkhianat dan meninggal...situasi yg ga pas....padahal Kira baru aja kenal dg pengacara keluaarga ibunya yg ganteng, Ian. kalau mau hubungannya dg Ian berhasil, Kira harus nemuin cara membatalkan kutukan itu

-Happily Never After-
Chan
Melissa
May 20, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-owned
I don't generally like reading short stories but I got this book for free when I bought some others so I thought I would give it a try. All of these stories felt like there could have been more to tell or a prequel or add on to other storys.

Till Death by Maggie Shayne. Can Kira and Ian break the curse that has been on kira's family? I enjoyed Maggie Shayne's characters in this story but I'm just not a fan of the love at first site story line, it rushes what could have been a really good story.
Sandra
A mixed bag of paranormal wedding stories.

Maggie Shayne's Till Death, 2 stars
A story of a curse by a McLellan wife that affected all her female descendants, that if their husbands cheated, they would be killed by them, even accidently.

Jeaniene Frost's Happily Never After, 3.5 stars
Greta, one of Bones 'friends' from the old days asks a favour and he sends Chance the Vampire to assist her grandaughter Isabella get rid of a minor mob boss who is threatening not only her business but her person and
Julia
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was ok
Jody
Mar 07, 2012 rated it liked it
Ruth Violet
Til death-maggie shayne. tis a very good story. it takes place in scotland. which is really cool. a witch cursed all the women in the mcllen family. excellent beginning, middle and end. i loved it all. drew me into the story from page one. and the ending was like awwww. i have read stories from her before and liked them.
happily never after-jeaniene frost. it is an story from the cat and bones world.they really arent in it too much,only bones is and only at the end,really. but an excellent story.
Crownjoules
Jun 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: short-stories, 2013
Till Death - Maggie Shayne

Interesting tale with creepy imagery. Varied selection of characters, Ian especially had his own unique voice.
The ending was nice but didn't really conclude the story; all in all the whole thing seemed unfinished and a little rushed throughout. Though, likeable nonetheless.

Happily Never After - J Frost

Unexpected twist but very undeveloped story that made little sense and left too many questions unanswered.

Ghouls Night Out - Terri Garey

Great story with an even mix of h
Elizabeth
Sep 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
- I picked up this anthology for the Jeaniene Frost short story. While I enjoyed that it was set in Philadelphia (my neck of the woods, yay!), and that there was a cameo by Bones, it definitely wasn’t my favorite Night Huntress short. I didn’t find these characters as interesting as some of her others.

- I definitely enjoyed Maggie Shayne’s “Til Death.” The only thing is that I felt that the ending was a bit rushed, even for a short story. I would say that this one was my favorite out of the fou
Cara
Sep 06, 2008 rated it really liked it
I really liked the Frost story, it was my favorite. Bones makes a cameo, but the rest of the story was about his friend Chance. Bones asks Chance to do him a favor involving a former lover's granddaughter. Love is in the air.
I also liked Smith's story, and I will be reading some of her other stuff soon. Centuries old vampires protecting a grail, betrayal, and romance. Yes, please.
The other two stories were good too.
Garey's story is one where a girl can see spirits after a near death experience.
Anita
I didn't like this anthology much. The Maggie Shayne story was about a curse and set in modern day Ireland. It was ok. The Jeaniene Frost story was a spin-off of her series (cameo by Bones) about a lady who's harrassed by the mob and is helped by the vampire Chance. It was good enough for me, mostly because I like that series so much. Terri Garey's story is part of the Niki Styx series and is about Niki's cousin's wedding (a bridesmaid was murdered and is haunting the wedding.) It also plays up ...more
Lita Bouquard
Apr 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: vampire-were
Maggie Shayne's story of a woman's vengeance from the grave combines a modern American with a family curse that originated in Scotland. Kira, orphaned when her dad's car rolls and kills her mom, knows that her father cheated on her mother. In fulfillment of some ancestor's fury with her husband all the women who marry will die by the hand of their spouse if he is unfaithful. Although her mom never told her family history, Kira learns this when she is the recipient of her relative's will.
Jeanien
Frost. 10 26 Oct 24, 2012 12:02AM
  • Four Dukes and a Devil (The Byrons of Braebourne #1.5)
  • Unbound (The Hollows, #7.5; Night Huntress, #0.5; Sign of the Zodiac, #4.5; Dark Days, #0.6)
  • Haunted by Your Touch  (Doomsday Brethren #3.5, Moon Chasers, #4.5)
  • The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance (Otherworld Stories)
  • Huntress (Cin Craven #3.5, Black London #1.5)
  • Death's Excellent Vacation (Sookie Stackhouse #9.5, Night Huntress, #4.5, Sept Dragons #7.5)
  • Mysteria Lane (Mysteria #2)
  • Over The Moon (Mageverse #3.5)
  • The Bite Before Christmas (Argeneau, #15.5; Night Huntress, #6.5)
  • Let the Night Begin (Brotherhood of Blood, #4)
  • Blood Lite II: Overbite  (Otherworld Stories, #10.3)
  • My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon
  • Inked (World of the Lupi, #5.5)
  • A Match Made in Hell (Nicki Styx, #2)
I live in the teeny, tiny town of Taylor, NY, (Alliteration Alert!) though my mailing address is Cincinnatus, my telephone exchange is Truxton and I pay taxes and vote in Cuyler. All of these are at least in the same rural county in the southern hills of New York State; Cortland County. There are more cattle than people here. The nearest “big” cities are Syracuse and Binghamton and they are an hou ...more
More about Maggie Shayne...

Short Stories from Hell (7 books)
  • Dates from Hell
  • Prom Nights from Hell
  • Holidays Are Hell
  • Love Is Hell
  • Vacations from Hell
  • Kisses from Hell

“Some things we need to talk about, but not here. I'll see you later, darling."

"No you won't, nut muffin!”
14 likes