Start by marking “Weddings from Hell” as Want to Read:
Weddings from Hell

Weddings from Hell

(Short Stories from Hell)

Some marriages are made in heaven . . . Some are not.

What happens when "the happiest day of your life" turns into a nightmare? Forget the drunken best man or the bridesmaid dresses from the '80s . . . none of these wedding day disasters can compare to a cursed bride determined to make it down the aisle, or a vampire who is about to disrupt your wedding.
Mass Market Paperback, 375 pages
Published May 27th 2008 by Harper

To ask other readers questions about Weddings from Hell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Weddings from Hell

Start your review of Weddings from Hell
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
My favorites in this collection were the Maggie Shayne and Kathryn Smith stories. The Jeaniene Frost story wasn't bad, and the Terri Garey story was decent.

"Till Death" by Maggie Shayne

I didn't expect to like this story with the family curse due to a female witch ancestor embittered because her husband had cheated on her. She killed him and the woman he betrayed her with, cursed all her female ancestors to die by their husbands' hands if the husbands are unfaithful, because it was better to die
Julie (jjmachshev)
May 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2008-reads
Cool anthology with stories from Maggie Shayne, Jeaniene Frost, Terri Garey, and Kathryn Smith. Each tale provides a quick glimpse at characters from the authors' series about paranormal creatures.

"Till Death" from Maggie Shayne tells the story of a curse and the brave woman who's willing to place her life in the hands of a near-stranger. HOT!

"Happily Never After" by Jeaniene Frost is a hilarious and sexy romp pitting a wannabe mobster against a woman with a delicious vamp on her side!!

"Ghouls
Holly
Sep 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Til Death by Maggie Shayne. My first book by Maggie Shayne and I really liked it. It was sexy, very interesting and very well written. I forgot I was reading a 'short story'. Normally I hate scary stories and while this wasn't 'scary' it still gave me a few tingles and jingles up and down my spine. Loved it! 5 stars!

Happily Never After by Jeaniene Frost. I liked it. Maybe I was let down by it because of the three stories I read in the Weddings From Hell anthology, I thought J. Frost's was the we
Rhianna
Feb 05, 2009 rated it really liked it
Weddings From Hell is another paranormal anthology in the vein of Dates From Hell and Holidays Are Hell. Pick a theme and throw some popular paranormal romance or urban fantasy authors at it. And just in time for wedding season we've got this collection of tales sure to make your horrific bridesmaid dress woes and cold-feet fly right out the window.

[Till Death by Maggie Shayne:] is the first offering in the anthology. When a heartbroken witch of the McLellan clan lays a curse on the women of he
Vanessa *the Pixie Princess*
Review is for Happily Never After by Jeaniene Frost
Tara
Till Death by Maggie Shayne
3/7/10- Ok this is the 3rd Maggie Shayne story I've read. Her stories seem to deal with humans that are either psychics or witches. The H/H couple are pretty much strangers and then they have sex and no one even pauses to consider a condom. They aren't sexy but in this day & age, they are a reality unless you are having sex with a vampire or were wolf or something otherwise paranormal. Ok, that rant is over.
Kira MacLellan is a young girl when her she watches her mothe
Carolyn F.
The Maggie Shayne story was good although a lot rushed. But that's probably because it's a short story. Kira confronted Ian about a curse within minutes of meeting him and they fell in love in a day.

The Jeaniene Frost story was good. I loved grandmother Greta and the romance between Chance and Isa was done well. There's a couple of scenes with Bones too. Greta and Bones used to have a thing a long time before.

The Terri Garey story was different. She's able to see dead people after having a near
Andrea
Jul 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Four quick reads.
Unapologetic_Bookaholic
Jul 07, 2009 added it
Recommends it for: fans of PNR
I read part Maggie Shayne's Till Death [about a witch's curse:] and Jeaniene Frost's Happily Never After.

Again, I won't rate the entire book because I only read a couple of the stories. I liked the writing style of Maggie Shayne and I am considering reading a full novel to get a better idea of her world creation and characters. I did not care for the secondary characters and they played a big part in this novella.

Jeaniene Frost's story was more to my liking. Wasn't quite as captivating as Cat a
Marcy Jo
Mar 20, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Paranormal
Jeaniene's story was hands down the best, and that isn't just because of the cameo by Bones. (uh, how long do we have to wait for At Grave's End again? Crap. Too long.)

All the stories were entertaining, though, and I find myself wanting to hunt up some other works by TG.

Generally speaking, I prefer novels to short stories, since I really like to dig in deep with the characters, but these were well worth a read!
L-D
May 27, 2011 rated it liked it
"Happily Never After" by Jeaniene Frost: In this short, Elise is a vampire who lives in seclusion in NYC. She comes across Blake, a man who is possessed by a demon. She is able to stop him from killing and although he asks her to kill him so he stops hurting people, she decides to help him instead. Mencheres, her sire, Cat & Bones make appearances in this short. It was an interesting story and I liked Blake and Elise. 3.5 stars. ...more
Mary
Feb 13, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: traded
I swore I wouldn't read any more anthologies since I am usually disappointed with a couple of the stories in each one, but this one had strong, stand-alone novellas. I don't think anyone will be disappointed with anything here. I especially enjoyed Terri Garey's story about Nicki. ...more
willaful
Sep 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Enjoyable paranormal romance short stories. I skipped the last story, a historical. Jeaniene Frost's story is only loosely connected to her series and can stand alone. I haven't read any of the other "Nicki Styx" books and it stood alone okay too. ...more
Quirkyreader
Oct 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I am giving this collection of stories four stars. I wanted to give it five but the last story wasn't the best and was a bit of a mood spoiler. Aside from that, the other three stories were very well written and very entertaining. ...more
Robin Reynolds
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
TILL DEATH, by Maggie Shayne

This is my first time reading Maggie Shayne, though a quick count shows I have around 12 other books in my TBR by her, although half of those seem to be omnibuses with other authors.

When Kira was seven her mother died in a freak accident, and her father took his own life not long after. Now, eighteen years later, Kira receives a call from Scotland, advising her that a relative has died and she needs to come to Scotland for the reading of the will. There she meets her
Skye
My best friend is getting married this year. Which made it feel like kind of a fun time to read this collection of four wedding themed novellas. After all, I get to be a bridesmaid, and this collection will definitely put into light the ways in which things can go seriously and drastically wrong. Especially since none of these things are going to happen at her wedding.

I was honestly expecting these to be four novellas about a couple getting married and things going drastically wrong for them. In
Jan 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Three decent stories and one terrible one to finish it up. I had to stop reading the Kathryn Smith story because the writing was atrocious. The story is set in 1897 but her heroine talks like a teenage boy from a 90's film. Seriously - just a few paragraphs into chapter 2 she says both "shagging" and "knocking boots." The dialogue was so awkward and inappropriate to the period that it was actually painful to read. So I stopped. ...more
Heather
Sep 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Some marriages are made in heaven . . . Some are not.
I really thought I had read this anthology before, but I guess I just read the JF story. The rest were ok but not really memoble.
Pamela aka Scottieluvr
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Big Bad Shhlut 2019 Reading Challenge, Prompt #14

Engaging and well written stories in the paranormal genre. Maggie Shayne and Jeaniene Frost I am familiar with, but Terri Garey and Kathryn Smith are new ones - who I'll be adding to my list of authors to follow. The characters were enchanting and believable, and the back stories were fleshy.
Amy
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved all four short stories in this book! Usually when I read a book with multiple authors there is at least one story I hate. So not the case with Weddings from Hell. All 4 authors did an excellent job and I will be looking forward to reading more from them.
Amanda
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Till Death
This story was so tragically beautiful.

Happily Never After
This was such a fascinating story!

Ghouls Night Out
I loved this story! I look forward to reading more about some of these characters.

The Wedding Knight
This was a very well written story!
Amy
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Read only Jeaniene Frost's Happily Never After. It is a wonderful little short set in the same universe as the Night Huntress series. While Bones makes an appearance the original cast does not play a part in this story. ...more
TinKeyLee
Til Death 3/5*
Happily Never After 4/5*
Ghouls Night Out 3/5*
The Wedding Knight 3/5*
Heather
Sep 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Till Death by Maggie Shane was my favorite story. About a curse made, and broken.
Ghouls Night Out by Terry Garey is about a woman who sees dead people and solves their murders so that can rest in peace.
Lolz
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
too boring; dnf. It's only been a week and I honestly can't remember anything... ...more
Kathy
Dec 18, 2018 rated it liked it
A so-so collection of short stories - some cute, mostly just quick and easy reads.
Dev Fury
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Read Happily Never After and loved it.
Rebecca Delio
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
GREAT STORIES

I thoroughly enjoyed all four of these books and the stories. For people like me who enjoy the supernatural you will enjoy this book......
Margaret Shelton
Apr 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 short fantasy books

I enjoyed these books and best of all they actually had a good ending , to each story
I would recommend this book highly quick fun books
Chelsea
Ghouls Night Out - 2 stars
The Wedding Knight - 3.5 stars
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Frost. 10 26 Oct 24, 2012 12:02AM

• Reckoning (Night Huntress, #0.5)
  • Happily Never After (Night Huntress, #1.5)
  • Devil to Pay (Night Huntress, #3.5)
  • One For the Money (Night Huntress, #4.5)
  • Home for the Holidays (Night Huntress, #6.5)
  • Up from the Grave (Night Huntress, #7)
  • The Bite Before Christmas (Argeneau, #15.5; Night Huntress, #6.5)
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
  • Eternal Kiss of Darkness (Night Huntress World, #2)
  • Four Dukes and a Devil (The Byrons of Braebourne #1.5)
  • Bound by Flames (Night Prince, #3)
  • Unbound (The Hollows, #7.5; Night Huntress, #0.5; Sign of the Zodiac, #4.5; Dark Days, #0.6)
  • One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress, #6)
  • Magic Graves (Night Huntress, #4.5; Kate Daniels, #0.5)
  • This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5)
  • Into the Fire (Night Prince, #4)
  • Twice Tempted (Night Prince, #2)
  • Outtakes from the Grave (Night Huntress, #7.5)
I live in the teeny, tiny town of Taylor, NY, (Alliteration Alert!) though my mailing address is Cincinnatus, my telephone exchange is Truxton and I pay taxes and vote in Cuyler. All of these are at least in the same rural county in the southern hills of New York State; Cortland County. There are more cattle than people here. The nearest “big” cities are Syracuse and Binghamton and they are an hou ...more

Short Stories from Hell (7 books)
  • Dates from Hell