Start by marking “Rise of the Seven (The Frey Saga, #3)” as Want to Read:
Rise of the Seven (The Frey Saga, #3)

Rise of the Seven

(The Frey Saga #3)

As Frey works to regain control of the North, a small silver dagger nearly brings her end. She raises her guard and proves her abilities, but another attempt on her life, from what appears to be fey, reveals not all are pleased with her return. If she could only figure out the force behind the attacks, she might be able to relax enough to decide what to do about her other ...more
ebook
Published March 2014 by Smashwords Edition (first published October 1st 2012)

Start your review of Rise of the Seven (The Frey Saga, #3)
Angie Engelbert
Confusing

The story was very good and is the only reason I read this third installment. After spending the second book watching Freya pass out or take naps ever third paragraph, I had high hopes that Rise of the Seven would take me back to the bigger story. The action was great but I spent a good deal of time trying to understand all of the 'knowing looks' being shared with zero context clues.

This book felt more like a very early draft that was intended to get the main ideas down. It is lacking
May 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
2017 Review:

Rise of the Seven is just as epic, just as bombastic and just as kick ass as you want it to be. Melissa Wright brings the best elements of Frey and Pieces of Eight, while bringing something new and unexpected at every turn. When you think everyone's safe, another danger appears for Frey and her team of Elf Avengers to overcome. With Frey's memories returned, the strength of her past mixed with the humility of her most recent adventures, she is an unstoppable force to be reckoned wit
Erin
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
So, I guess this was a step up from the last book when all you had to look forward to was Freya passing out most of the time. After Freya gets her memory back though they would talk about people and give knowing looks like we were supposed to know who and what they were. This felt like a really rough first draft of a book.
Rachael
Aug 23, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I feel like I have either lost my ability to read a book and retain the story or this book left out so much detail that the story made almost no sense. Redundant scenes made me feel like I had missed something, only to find out it wasn't there. Ugg. I'm done with this series.
Lindsay
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Selaya Morton
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This one wasn't bad although we are still having to deal with certain unfamiliar storylines as well as to be introduced to characters that seem to suddenly have names where none existed before. Frey, it seems, has gone from one extreme to another; no power to too much. It looks like the bumbling abilities are still there as well. Just read through the "Banquet" segment to check out her lack of control. Her dealings with the fey and their master seem to also have a previously unfamiliar tone alth ...more
Larry
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was full of action, and the love connection was nice when Frey found out she was bonded. At first, I had trouble picturing the characters in my mind, but then I looked on the Internet for pictures of elves and fairies and other such creatures. That helped me imagine what they all looked like. It was actually hard to put the book down. The transition between this book & the previous one was seamless. Great grammar & spelling. ...more
Hans Erdman
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Freya Becomes Freya

The doubts are gone the Lord of the North is herself. The battles hard, but our heroine was born to lead. Alliances forged, enemies vanquished. Now, Elfreyda, Lord of the North, stands tall in victory, with Chevelle by her side. Well done! Looking forward to the next installment!
Alex Handley
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic

Would definitely recommend this but only after reading the first 2 or it won't make a whole lot of sense. The book is pacey and fun to read, and I couldn't put it down! Fantastic!
Terry Canavello
Aug 23, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Super confused

A startling lack of continuity. I found myself being lost more often than not... This series needs more editors. I'm done, I won't being reading anymore about these static characters.
JMBooher
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a book!

I have enjoyed all these books. This one seems to be a bit more complete. Characters, storylines all filled out more. Thanks Ms. Wright. I will enjoy the next in the series for sure.
Barbara Sykeshaha
Every book gets better

Great storyline, explains more of the sustaining power of Melissa Wright as an author. You definitely need to read these books in the order written. Be assured that convoluted as first, and second books are, the third one explains very nicely.
Keira
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kellie Kruse
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
happy my prediction was off

I'm glad the story has come to this point. i can not wait to read more and I am in major love with the characters and plot
Patti Ashley
Explained a lot

Finally some definitive answers and the fog clears. Still not a fan but answers were too long in coming. Still not engaged.
Eric
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

I am really starting to enjoy this series. Fun characters, great plot, and good writing make for a enjoyable book.
Lidija
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The story is very good but also very confusing!!!! I’m not buying and reading the third part.
Wayne Inkster
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great installment in the Freya Saga. As she gains control over the Northern Realm, Frey and her Seven must fight to prove herdelf and maintain control... but to what end?
Aileen
Oct 11, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book just didn’t have the same...urgency??...as the last two?? I’m not sure, it just wasn’t as good to me as the last two were, just didn’t have the same draw to it.
Ronnie  Rigsby
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good reading spill binding can t put it down it down looking for the next book

This is a very good set of books 1 2 & book 3 was good hope book 4 is the same
R
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
What the fuck is ever going on in these books, I don't know.
Tom Getzinger
May 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story continues! Keep reading.
Ania Bula
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story overall, beginning with Frey, isn't bad. It has really interesting elements, and you get invested in some of the characters. That said, the book is missing certain elements. There are too many moments when the reader is left, unsure of the significance of something. It feels like there was supposed to be a first book or something before this whole series that really introduces you to the world.

Some of the "mystery" in the story also has a pretty obvious solution which makes it really
TheCosyDragon

This is actually the last post in a series of four reviews of this series. Frey has recovered her memories, her throne, her people. But she's still a bit confused on what she should be doing about Chevelle... and there's plenty of action to keep her occupied in the meantime.

I was a bit confused from the beginning which what was going on, and how
Cocktails and Books
In this installment of the Frey Saga, Frey finds herself dealing with the return of her memory, how to control her new powers courtesy of her father, the assassination attempts against her and just what to do with Chevelle. It wasn't easy for Frey, but she proved she is worthy of the title Lord of the North and grew to be a woman who protected those she cared for.

Frey was thrown a little bit of everything in Rise of the Seven, but none (in my opinion) was as challenging as her relationship with
Darsie
Better than the other books in this Saga. Freya has finally learned to control her power and is taking over the reins as ruler of the north.

Most of my issues with the other two books are not present in this one. With the minor exception of the too often repeated phrase "I hate fairies".

The story flows better in this book, there are less stuttered, half completed sentences. Freya is becoming a strong and worthy leader, thinking less of her selfish wants and more of what might be best for her peop
Alyssa
Nov 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I got a chance to read the first two books and they were amazing! I was so looking forward to reading the third book! I think the cover speaks for itself; this is an amazing book!

Frey is a great character. She has faced many challenges and has had to prove herself to everyone. It was great to see her continue to grow in this book. I was also happy that the book kept a steady pace. There were no periods where the reading got boring. Plenty of action to keep
Ashley Williams
Jun 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As always, another adventurous, high-stakes edition of the Frey Saga! I love Wright's writing style and there is never a dull moment in Frey's world. She struggles to gain control of her new powers and her new kingdom. There are threats made on her life and the ever growing need for revenge! Bonds were formed that had never broken, and battles that needed fought. I really love this series as it has always had me enthralled!!! Oh and finally a steamy scene with the magnificent Chevelle Vatier wit ...more
Danielle Smiley
Genre: YA (really it's for all ages) Fantasy
Publisher Type: Indy
My Rating: * * * * *

My Review:
**Happy Sigh** The only draw back of a story well-told is that it ends. Think of the best meal you've ever had, times that by seven and you'll understand just how wonderfully satisfying I found the finale of the Frey Saga to be.

Everything in book 3, Rise of the Seven is ratcheted up! The chemistry between Chevelle and Frey...Yum!!! The mystery and intrigue, the never-knowing-who-to-trust ... yup, totall
Wilson E. Stevens Sr.
Final book in the Frey Saga, a good set to read. Nice clean read that would even be a good read for younger children and teenagers. Only one part was a little off color, and that was only a hint. Frey now takes her part of the ruler of the northern tribes and clans, along with the difficulty of ruling individuals that don't want to be rules, don't want to be ruled by a woman, and don't think she is able to do it. In addition to that, her old enemies are still attempting to kill her, and new ones ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Realm of Dragons (Age of the Sorcerers—Book One)
  • Only the Worthy (The Way of Steel, #1)
  • Republic (The Emperor's Edge, #8)
  • Cursed (Cursed Magic #1)
  • End Game (Fallen Empire, #8)
  • The Dragon Blood Collection, Books 1-3
  • To Carve a Fae Heart (The Fair Isle Trilogy, #1)
  • To Wear a Fae Crown (The Fair Isle Trilogy, #2)
  • Shadow's Kiss (Shadow Series, #1)
  • Fury Focused (Of Fates and Furies #2)
  • Arkadian Skies (Fallen Empire, #6)
  • Knight's Redemption (Knights of Hell, #1)
  • Deathmarked (The Fatemarked Epic, #4)
  • The Prince's Bargain (The Elves of Lessa, #3)
  • Fury Frayed (Of Fates and Furies #1)
  • Abyss (Return of the Elves, #5)
  • Angle of Truth (Sky Full of Stars, #2)
  • Lifemarked (The Fatemarked Epic, #5)
Melissa is the author of a dozen fantasy and YA novels including the Frey Saga and SEVEN WAYS TO KILL A KING. She is currently working on the next book, but when not writing can be found collecting the things she loves at Goodreads and Pinterest. Contact her through the web at www.melissa-wright.com ...more

The Frey Saga (6 books)
  • Frey (The Frey Saga, #1)
  • Pieces of Eight (The Frey Saga, #2)
  • Venom and Steel  (The Frey Saga, #4)
  • Shadow and Stone (The Frey Saga #5)
  • Feather and Bone (The Frey Saga #6)