Start by marking “You Are Just A Guest” as Want to Read:
You Are Just A Guest

You Are Just A Guest

3.27  ·  Rating details ·  41 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
A young married couple move into their first house but it soon becomes apparent that something isn't right. Told through their social media accounts, this short story reveals what happens to unwanted guests.
ebook
Published October 2nd 2012 by Skerry Books Limited (first published October 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about You Are Just A Guest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Are Just A Guest

Terry Reid
You Are Just A Guest is about a married couple who have just moved into their first home and told through a series of blog entries by writer Annie and her husband Jon’s Twitter account.

Upon moving into their new home Annie and Jon start hearing strange noises, namely in the walls which gradually get worse and worse as their days in their new home move on. After Annie sees something in the mirror one evening the couple call in a medium to help them try to find out what is haunting their home but
Caylee
Jul 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
3.5
Good build up of tension. Liked the use of the blog and Twitter feed to tell the story. Ending huge disappointment. It felt like it was building up to this really interesting ending and it was hinted at, but with the length of the story I feel it could have delivered more but still left it ambiguous. Good quick read - one to re-read.
Anne Kinslow
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Anne Kinslow.
I found this short story to be quite interesting, as a young married couple moved into this rental only to discover that there were many unexplained noises coming from the house most nights, and there was more to it than just water pipes rumbling, doors banging, floorboards creaking & even rooms and passages changing. SPOOKY!
I enjoyed reading this story.
Ken Cook
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was a freebie download.

A quick read - didn't even last through dinner. Dual voices through blogs. Unclear (if any) resolution.
Ellen
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Scary as all hell this one
Lanie
May 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: People who like haunted house stories
A "found footage" type tale, "you are just a guest" is a short story told through the social media accounts of a young couple who have just moved into a new home. Strange happenings abound & some real spooky stuff goes down in the end.

It's pretty good actually, especially if you like ghost stories and movies like "paranormal activity". The writing in Annie's blog & the tweet's in jobs account are very good. The ending is my favorite part.

It's a short, but enjoyable story. Recommended of
Tanya
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror, contemporary
This story scared me senseless.

The writing is clever. The writing style somehow reminds me of PARANORMAL ACTIVITY. Instead of camera footage, the readers get to know more about this haunted house from a married couple's blog posts and Twitter feeds. And this writing style just makes things sound so real and believable, which can be quite scary if you read this book at midnight.
Brenda Seaberg
Jan 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was another fun story I read to start my new year. I wasn't sure where it was going, but it turned out to be an interesting trip. And I enjoyed the tweets in it, showing 'real time' throughout the story.
C_lo
Oct 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great short story...spooky
Jeanine
Feb 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nicely done little haunted house tale.
Donna
Dec 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-ebook
What a clever little story. Played out through the power of social media. An interesting tale, enjoyable and yet as a home owner, with a creaking house and many mirrors, kinda scary too!
Larry
André Mwansa
Mar 24, 2018
ryan newton
Jun 11, 2016
My father lulled me to sleep with physics lectures. My mother took me to libraries to give other people a chance to tell me to be quiet. When I came of age I left the big city lights and moved out east to seek my future amongst words.

I write genre stories. That means my lies are a little more fantastical, and sometimes feature unicorns and monsters.