Start by marking “The Witch's Dream (Knights of Black Swan, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Witch's Dream (Knights of Black Swan, #2)

The Witch's Dream

(Knights of Black Swan #2)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  2,399 Ratings  ·  262 Reviews
Winner BEST PARANORMAL ROMANCE Series four years is a row! - Reviewer's Choice Awards, The Paranormal Romance Guild

New York Times & USA Today bestselling author, Victoria Danann, continues Elora's epic journey with another intricately woven tale of romance in another world. No cliffhangers.

Elora Laiken broke Sir Storm’s heart when she chose his best friend. Now the
Published June 30th 2012

To ask other readers questions about The Witch's Dream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Witch's Dream

Victoria Danann
Oct 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: lovers of paranormal romance, general romance, chick lit, paranormal fantasy, and erotic fantasy
I wrote it so I might be biased. Since I rarely get an opportunity to give my opinion, I'm going to grab the chance.

Every book in this series - at least through the first seven - will pick up where the last ended. In that sense it's a true serial. I'm in the process of creating a saga, a single story told through a series of books over generations.

The way I see it, Book One, My familiar Stranger, drew the parameters of the world, introduced the main characters, and set up the story.

This second
Shurrn
This series is getting better and better! I adored meeting all the new characters including Litha - another strong female. The Demon Deliverance is a never-ending source of amusement for me; I'd love to see he and Baka spend some time together, I can only imagine what a conversation between the two would be like!

I love that Storm got a chance to fight for something after the bittersweet ending of My Familiar Stranger; and it was neat seeing how young Storm was recruited into Black Swan.

One more
Nelta
Oct 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"The Witch's Dream" is the 2nd book in Victoria Danann's Order of the Black Swan series...I would suggest reading "My Familiar Stranger" prior to reading "The Witch's Dream" to have a better understanding of the characters and storyline ....The second in the series continues and evolves with the same characters you grew to love and introduces you to new characters that only enhance the journey of Bad Company and will surely delight us in the next book....Ms. Danann's style captivates and brings ...more
Kym Grosso
Sep 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Witch’s Dream is an excellent sequel to My Familiar Stranger in The Order of the Black Swan Series. It does not disappoint! This fascinating read begins with Ram and Elora’s wedding preparation; it was a treat to meet Ram’s family and learn more about the elves and their traditions. Of course, Storm, the best man, returns to join the wedding party and has difficulty learning to deal with his feelings and heartbreak over losing Elora to Ram as he is still in pain and angry.

A new addition to t
Jun 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really connected with My Familiar Stranger, so saying that another book is better is just hard for me to do! The Witch's Dream is fantastic, and I border on the edge of saying it was better than the first! You meet new characters, but she continues on with the story where it left off in the first book. Each character is made so in depth, you can almost see them! The preparation for the wedding was fantastic, I loved how it wasn't a traditional American wedding, but a hand fasting. And then a S ...more
Pam
This book was a riveting seqeal.You must read My Familiar Stranger 1st. Following Ram & Elora this book followed Litha into even more dimensions.
"I don't think you believed me when I said I could be entertaining. I'm going to prove it." It had been a long time since a woman had tried to tell Storm what to do. Undoubtedly this was the first time he had ever been both pleased and amused to obey. After a minute passed he smiled and reached for her. "Well, it's not that looking at you without cl
Anna Salamatin
Jul 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This second installment finds B Team along with elves, werewolf, berserkers, fae, demon,a witch among others at a beautiful Irish Castle for a handfasting while on their way to another assignment.
What should have been a good time for all quickly turns to what may become a diplomatic incident with the werewolves, and if that's not enough,there is a Demon abduction!
But,with all of this, Storm finds that just because he gave up on love....Love sure didn't give up on him.
I can't imagine anyone not a
Michelle Stein
The Witches Dream is Fantastic! I love how the book starts off as if you never finished the first one, My Familiar Stranger :) Its nice to see more about the characters besides just being part of the B-Team.
I gotta say I was a little disappointed with how Storm treated Lilith in the begining. I wanted to knock some sense into him before he ruined his chance of finally being happy. Glad he decided to get his act together. There were other points in the book that I loved, as well, but I'd be spoi
Bleumoon
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! I have grown so attached to the characters and can not wait to visit their world again and again! This book had a very nice pace that never felt rushed. It grabs you from the beginning and sweeps you along. Not as much action as the first book but still very enjoyable! I love that the characters are growing but still staying true to themselves. I look forward to many adventures with Elora and the rest of Bad Company.
Maggie Nolan
Oct 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
First, The Witch's Dream is the second book in the Order of the Black Swan series...so if you haven't read My Familiar Stranger (book 1), read it first as it is also a great read! The Witch's Dream is a wonderful sequel to book 1. It picks up as Elora and Ram's wedding planning is in full swing. This book gives us much more depth into the lives of the members of B Team, and those who are important in their lives including Ram's family members, Kay's family, Katrina (Kay's fiance), and Baka, who ...more
JoBeth Sexton
Oct 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Victoria Danann has skillfully brought to life such realistic characters that you might expect to meet them on your next trip through the city. This book is so beautifully written that it creates striking visuals and rich emotions in the reader's imagination and leaves us breathless for more. Her well developed characters make us laugh, make us teary-eyed and excite us in the best possible way.
Speaking as someone who wouldn't have touched a romance novel of any kind before now, Victoria Danann c
Tifinie Henry
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: victoria-danann
The Witch's Dream picks up shortly after My Familiar Stranger. In this book bad company travels to other countries and new adventures. Along the way we meet some new characters that are woven into the story line which adds to the adventures of the characters that we have grown to love. With the introduction of a witch and demon there is no telling where Ms Danann will take us. Ms Danann has cast a spell on me and hopefully all of her readers with The Witch's Dream. I can't wait to see what the n ...more
Michelle Stein
Tabitha Schneider
This is a great book, though I would definitely recommend reading "Familiar Stranger" before your dive into Witch's Dream. I love the way she continued the story line and got deeper into the lives of other characters. Awesome book and will definitely be looking for more on this series and other books by this author. :)
Laurel Johnson
Aug 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Victoria Danann has done it again!! Witch's Dream picked up where My Familiar Stranger left off. We get to see B Team in a different enviroment that is so much fun watch. The handfasting, Storm's reaction to finding love, the incubus and problems he creates are just a tip of what happens in this book. You will love this on going saga Order of the Black Swan.
Elizabeth
Jan 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While it's more of love story than book 1, it still has enough fantasy and conflict to be a great paranormal read.
Liz Cabrejos
Sep 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was quite excited when the author asked if I would be interested in receiving an ARC of book two in the Black Swans series. Having loved book one, of-course I said yes. She did not disappoint. I thought book two was a little slow in the beginning, not giving me as much of a fix of the characters I have grown to love. However slow it might've been in the beginning, she made up completely with the rest of the storyline. We're again brought into the beautiful love and romance of Elora & Ram. ...more
Cahm
Feb 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An epic adventure you will read over and over again!
Tracey Murphy
Sep 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fav-books
I received this from the author as an ARC....thank you very much Victoria!

Well we continue with the B company right where we left off after The order of the Black Swan 1. I am so glad we did because I love all the characters in this series. The first book had a love triangle (which I normally hate) but it was appropriate for the story. This one has the aftermath of that decision and no love triangle. Just a tight knit group of people trying to work through their issues and emotions.

One of my fa
Libby Harper
May 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I LOVE that Victoria does not prescribe to tired stereotypes when creating storylines and developing characters! I LOVE that the female lead characters are SO strong of mind, body and power, without emasculating the sexy-as-Hell male leads!!!

Again, my husband enjoyed me reading this book, (like Black Swan 1) because I laugh out loud the entire time I'm reading!! LOL

I spent the beginning of the book saying, "Storm, you're an idiot!!!" It was MORE than satisfying when he realized it himself... I w
Dee Bowerman
Aug 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An absoluetly awesome 2nd book in this series. It picks up right where My Familiar leaves off with Elora and Ram's wedding.Storm is happy for his teammates but extremely sad for himself.When Kay's fiance is kidnapped by an incubus demon(a very sexy bent on revenge demon)Storm must help the lovable witch Litha try to find them. Victoria you have done it again. the story flows so smoothly and is completely captivating!
Laura Wolf
Jan 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found that this book was like the first kinda hard to read the 1st two chapters.... But by chapter 3 you're hooked and digging in. The characters are so lifelike and endearing that they drag you right into their worlds and adventures. I am anxiously awaiting book 3!!! Love the series!!!
Stephanie
May 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This also reviews MY FAMILIAR STRANGER (Order of the Black Swan, #1)
Original Post

These books are like crack for readers. I was hooked after reading the first book in this series and immediately began the second. To put it mildly I was swept off my feet. Everything from the world-building to the sex was excellent.

The world is a very complex, quantum multi-verse, very intricate and well thought out. I don’t know if Victoria built everything up before hand or
Alyson LaBarge
Oct 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adult, Paranormal, Romance, Fantasy
The Witch's Dream is an Adult Paranormal Romance and a Paranormal Fantasy. In short, Victoria said this book is 'for lovers'. Well that alone caught my attention and had me very excited to read it. Like the Goodreads description said, there is a witch, a demon, a psychic, a berserker(yes, I know, I was unsure what that was before too), an ex-vampire, modern day knights, heroes, werewolves, elves, fae... you pretty much name it in the Paranormal realm and you will find it in The Witch's Dream. Oh ...more
Between the Bind
4.5 Stars from Between the Bind.

The Witch's Dream begins right where My Familiar Stranger left off. Elora and Ram are planning their wedding and all of B company is coming to join them in Ireland for the big day. Storm is still healing from his broken heart and trying to make amends with Elora and Ram, Kay and Katrina are brought into the main storyline a bit more, Baka is out womanizing (surprise!) and Lithia, the sexy green eyed witch, is the perfect distraction within the chaos.

I would say th
Ellen Sandberg
Jun 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story continues from the events of the first book. It is best to read the books in order to see how the story and characters grow and develop. Believe me, you don't want to miss anything in this series.

In The Witch's Dream, we are introduces to Litha. She is part witch and part something else. She sees Storm from and distance and falls hard for him. Is it love at first sight? Well, maybe not at first sight because he has been coming to her in dreams and their paths have crossed in other way
Jackie
Oct 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Witch’s Dream is the second book in Victoria Danann’s The Order of the Black Swan series. This was an awesome follow-up to My Familiar Stranger. I think this book was done the way a lot of other follow-ups should be done. It takes place right after the first book. Its like the story didn’t have any kind of pause. This story does focus more on Storm and his HEA with Litha. Storm’s heartache over Elora and Ram’s handfasting soon ebbs after meeting Litha. I loved Litha’s character. She was very ...more
CaroleDee
Sep 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, Danann does it again. The lady knows how to weave quite the story. Filled with magick, love, and jealousy The Witch's Dream is a sweet and sexy good time :)

Picking up shortly after My Familiar stranger we get to dive right back into the world of the B Team. Ram and Elora are still going strong. We get an introduction to Kay's fiance and hilarious sisters. And thankfully Storm gets a love interest introduced. Poor guy had his heart broken when Elora chose Ram above him, so watching him strug
Janice
Sep 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance & paranormal readers
Recommended to Janice by: Victoria Danann
Shelves: finished
I could very easily sit down and read it all night but I am Loving it & really enjoying the characters & their interactions. So i am re-reading again. The story lines fresh & fun. The author is descriptive enough to paint a wonderful scene without ever making it boring. I fell in love with the characters in the first book My Familiar Stranger . They grew , argued & fought & loved , making me laugh & cry & want to kick some serious butt with them as much as tear off s ...more
Shanna
Aug 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was really looking forward to this one because I felt so bad for Storm in the first one, it was so good to see him move on and find someone new. This is a great addition to series. I also love how the stories continue for the rest of the crew as well. Victoria is a wonderful storyteller and I will continue reading to the end. Thanks so much for a wonderful read.
  • Prince in the Mist (Legend, #0.5)
  • Destined for Time (Myths and Legends #2)
  • The Nightlife: Paris (The Nightlife, #3)
  • Sword of the Raven
  • Luca's Magic Embrace (Immortals of New Orleans, #2)
  • Disenchanted (The Celtic Vampyre Saga, #1)
  • A Surefire Way (UltraSecurity, #1)
  • Blood Knot (Blood Stone, #1)
  • Biting Nixie (Biting Love Series)
  • Beast (A Faery Story, #2)
  • Passionate Bites:  Hot Tales of Vampire Romance
  • Soul Search
  • Apocalyptic Moon (After the Bane, #1)
  • Rise of the Fallen (All the King's Men, #1)
  • Untamed Magick (Pentacles of Magick, #1)
  • Forest Fire (The Legends of Regia, #2)
  • Phantom Pleasures (Phantom, #1)
  • Chosen by Sin (Para-Ops, #3)
ONE MILLION COPIES SOLD.

New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author, Victoria Danann, is the author of over twenty five romances: paranormal, scifi, and contemporary.

Her Knights of Black Swan series won BEST PARANORMAL ROMANCE SERIES FOUR YEARS IN A ROW. - Reviewers Choice Awards, The Paranormal Romance Guild.

She also won Paranormal Romance Novel of the Year FOUR YEARS IN A ROW and Scifi Fant

Knights of Black Swan (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • My Familiar Stranger (Knights of Black Swan, #1)
  • A Summoner's Tale: The Vampire's Confessor (Order of the Black Swan, #3)
  • Moonlight: The Big Bad Wolf (Knights of Black Swan, #4)
  • Gathering Storm (Knights of Black Swan, #5)
  • A Tale of Two Kingdoms (Knights of Black Swan, #6)
  • Solomon's Sieve (Knights of Black Swan, #7)
  • Vampire Hunter (Knights of Black Swan, #8)
  • Journey Man (Knights of Black Swan, #9)
  • Falcon (KBS: Next Generation #1)
  • JAX (Knights of Black Swan: Next Generation #2)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
“Mysteries, dog walking, and fae girls? I'm in!” 1 likes
“according to the principle that minds with little education form a narrow palette of capability which is far too easily manipulated. Their view, that mental strength requires a perpetual diet of new material to digest,” 1 likes