Start by marking “In Her Closet (The Lust Diaries, #1)” as Want to Read:
In Her Closet (The Lust Diaries, #1)

In Her Closet

(The Lust Diaries #1)

Entertainment columnist Yves Santiago unapologetically lives her life as carelessly as a man. Her day job keeps her flush in men, with few regrets and even fewer mistakes. By night, she details her exploits on her anonymous sex blog, Lust Diaries.

Yves leads a happy, delightfully filthy life. Until she meets nonfiction editor Elijah Weinstein.

Moss green eyes, sun-kissed sho
Published May 20th 2014 by Dirtyscribbler Press (first published February 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about In Her Closet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Her Closet

Unsung Romance

Series? Yes (must read all 3 books to reach the single story's conclusion; two additional novellas are optional to the series)

Spoiler-Free Plot Description: Yves, an underemployed writer who blogs about her sexual exploits, is approached by closet fan Elijah, an editor for a big deal publisher. They both stand to gain if he helps launch her to literary stardom, so he leads the conversion of her popular sex blog into a memoir. The writing process forces Yves to face her inner psyche, and her dubi
Ashley
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.5/5
(I received a free copy from the publisher, Dirtyscribbler Press, via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review)
***Minor spoilers, TW: PHYSICAL / SEXUAL ABUSE***

Yves isn't at all ashamed of her lifestyle. She enjoys having sex, so she has it. A lot. And then she writes about it on her anonymous sex blog, Lust Diaries. There's no emotion involved for her. She gets approached by a man from the biggest publishing company in Philly, Elijah, to publish content similar to what she has on
Madhuri Pavamani
May 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
“Instead of fucking him, she was going to write a book.”

IN HER CLOSET‘s Yves is smart, sexy, brash, and kind of badass. Elijah is an editor, a fan of Yves work, and in need of a breakout star. He makes her an offer too good to pass up and so begins their story.

A while back I posted about an erotic trope I find quite annoying, that of the horribly damaged or severely abused BDSM practitioner. I wondered why there couldn’t be a character who was in the lifestyle simply because he or she enjoyed it
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
description

Yves, an anonymous sex blogger, is the queen of one night stands. She even has a collection of men's shirts in her closet. She keeps these shirts like they are trophies.

Because of her troubled past, she feels no emotion for her prey. But then Elijah comes along and makes her feel again. He also wants her to write a book about her blog.

The sexual tension between the two is hot. But he won't have sex with her unless he knows Yves will be committed to him and his lifestyle.

Overall, I enjoyed In
Chapparita
Xan West
This novel really got me in the gut. (This review has spoilers.)

I really resonated with how real this novel felt, especially in the ways it depicted how hard it is to stay away from an abusive ex. I haven't seen that illustrated in fiction before. It was hard to read, but it feels so important that it's part of the story. I am a survivor of intimate partner violence, and I worked in the trauma field for 20+ years, and this is one of the most realistic novels I've read (of any genre), that center
Leona (readingwithleona)
Disclaimer: I received a free copy courtesy of the author via Novel Reviewers in exchange for an honest review

I hate that it took me so long to read this. In Her Closet was such a surprise.

While I didn't like the heroine I understood her actions and motivations. I really wished I could've read more about the hottie at the beginning of the story, learning more about him would've been a TREAT.

Elijah was such a solid character and the perfect partner for Yves, he was always sure of himself and what
Kumiko Lei  ~Lost In A Book~
Dec 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, 4-stars
Reviewed at Lost In A Book

This was not bad at all. I actually really enjoyed it. It wasn't exactly what I was expecting, but it was still good. With it being called "The Lust Diaries Book One", I assumed it would be the stories from her dirty blog. I'm glad it wasn't though. This is more her journey to finding herself through publishing her blog.

Some of the characters were unnerving. Especially her family and their obsession with Cesar. I just didn't understand that. I guess there are some thing
Turtleberry
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Man... see...

I literally forgot about life reading this.

Yves is just...

Elijah... man... see...

I can't even say much without spoilers.

Now I gotta get the next one!
Monique
Jul 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally reviewed at The Forbidden Bookshelf

4.5 Stars

Yves Santiago is one adventurous, sexually liberated chick! I really liked this sassy character a lot. She was an independent woman and I liked her unapologetic care-free spirit. But Yves had a lot of hurt feelings and old baggage that she carried around and her journey towards finding her “happy” was sometimes hard to watch.

Nicole (loversinalibrary)
Jun 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Received a copy via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Wow, I liked this book a whole lot more than I was expecting. I mean, the summary alone sounded incredible (and a Latina narrator? Sign me up am I right) and I was excited for it, but I didn’t think I would walk away from it as content as I did.

I’ve read a lot of erotica this month, and this one has to be the absolute best because, holy cow, I actually liked the love interest. Elijah cared about Yves, both in and out of the bedroom;
Liz
Apr 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It had some pretty intense scenes, for which I would have liked a disclaimer. Yves (great name by the way), was an amazing character, very relatable and real. I liked how the book was more about her and her journey, rather than a typical romance. I especially liked how she owned her sexuality and was not ashamed of it even when she was being trolled by her family for 'sleeping around'. I wish we could have gotten more of a background on Elijah. He was the potential lo ...more
Mara De Guzman

4 Lusty Stars
Review copy received via NetGalley for an honest review
Currently FREE on Amazon!
Review also posted on Mara's Bookshelf

"You can't understand how much I want you. I want to claim you. Devour you. Consume you. These are not things I can do by half. Do you understand that? I will destroy you, Yves. And I'll love every minute of it."

Oh! Oh! Oh! Looks like I have another trilogy in my grabby hands and I loved it! I thought I would have gone tired of this theme, erotic/BDSM trilogies,
Janina Keßler
Jul 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
ARC provided by the Publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

4 Stars

Review of In Her Closet by Tasha L. Harrison.

In her Closet is about Yves Santiago an entertainment columnist and a blogger who writes about her sex life anonymously on her blog, Lust Diaries and Elijah Weinstein a nonfiction editor wanting to publish her blog as a book.

I liked the book because the characters were so complex and well developed. I have read quite a few books with plain characters so I was delighte
Paige Turner
Dec 01, 2014 rated it liked it
I enjoyed In Her Closet. The book was very entertaining and I had a hard time setting it down. In the beginning it was refreshing to see Yves a young woman so in charge of herself and sex life. You soon find how she became so jaded.
That being said, based on the book blurb, I didn't anticipate certain storylines. This book contains mental and physical abuse. It was difficult to read since I wasn't expecting it. If this is a hard limit I wouldn't recommend reading it.
Also, while the book deals w
The CurvyJones
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
You can’t understand how much I want you. I want to claim you. Devour you. Consume you. These are not things I can do by half. Do you understand that? I will destroy you, Yves. And I’ll love every minute of it.”

Oh, MY. I might still be panting. From the first page to the last, Yves is a compelling character. Her story on the surface could be any of ours-- hurt by a past love, she's decided that she doesn't 'date' and she doesn't do 'relationships and she definitely does not 'do love'. But that a
Shay
Nov 24, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dark, erotica, won, bdsm
I won this book in a goodreads giveaway so it deserves a review.

This book was good. There was lots of sex but I think the best part of the book was the characters. The lead was messed up emotionally and you get the reason why. I did like her as a sexual woman. Too many characters these days are too "innocent" and almost afraid of sex. It did contain some abuse and Bdsm. I kinda wanted more from the ending.

Overall, pretty good book.

felix
Oct 07, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I started this somehow not knowing it was a romance book?

Anyhow, I think this was very middle of the road. I felt the characters were slightly underdeveloped (especially main characters - think Yves, Elijah, Cesar and Yves' mother), and seemed to rely slightly on archetypes. At times they diverged, but this seemed purely situational and expressed via dialogue. I think given that this was partly a character study for Yves, it was difficult to connect to the story when the characterisation was if
Danielle
Jun 28, 2018 rated it did not like it
I rated this 2 stars right after I finished, because I did like Yves and how unapologetic she was, but after sitting on it for a day, I’m not comfortable with even that small endorsement. The bdsm, which comes out of nowhere at the 67% mark, is dangerous. It’s not safe* - no discussions of risks, limits, or safe words before the first scene. Yves is not in an emotional place to engage in any relationship and especially not a sadomasochistic one. And the scene in the sex club is not consensual. S ...more
jericho
The edition I have has a weird text format to it. It appears to be as if someone took the ebook version of the book and just printed it out. Some paragraphs have larger spacing than others. Some sentences are indented in the middle. Some words are hyphenated in the wrong places (i.e. anything typed as "an-ything".

When it comes to the book itself, I don't really know what to say. I had the book recommended to me and the person described it as "different"--which was accurate. It didn't really fit
Carolyn J.
Sep 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nice Sorta Sexy Story

This was a rather nice, sexy story about a blogger with a history of sexual freedom with her choices and actions. Nicely done.
Angel Graham
Jan 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Read it in one sitting. Good, but not great.

Warning. If you're a Domestic Abuse survivor, you'll want to be aware there are violent scenes. They are important to the plot.
Dympna Mahon
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novel-reviewers
Yves is a staff writer for a Philadelphia newspaper, penning a weekly lifestyle column about the nightlife and entertainment in the city with personal anecdotes thrown in to liven up the column. She reminded me of Carrie Bradshaw from Sex in the City with her addiction to designer clothes and shoes.

Julian Webster is a wealthy, well known painter that Yves meets at a reggae club. He’s a young virile
Willow Sanders
This is one of those books that I'm on the fence about. I liked it more than a 3 star book but I don't really think I liked it enough to give it four.

However the characters are well drawn the dramatic tension is wonderful as well so it's getting 4

My issues with this book:
#1 the "social commentary" is really unnecessary. This is a romance book - not the place to insert discussions on immigration, the subjugation of minority women or to be so transparent in the argument in the positive for bdsm
Danielle
Aug 05, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From the first page I was hooked. I really enjoyed reading this book. From the beginning to the very end the author does a great job of keeping your attention. I couldn't stop reading this one and when I did I would still be thinking about it. I had several nights that I stayed up until wee hours in the morning reading this book. I absolutely loved each and everyone of the characters especially Yves.

Since Yves broke up with her high school sweetheart she has become the queen of one night stands
Jenn Ballmann
Jul 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was sent a copy of the book for review through Net Galley, as always, all opinions are my own.

I really wanted to love this book, but struggled with Yves and found her rather selfish. She’s unapologetic about her lifestyle and that’s great, but I hated watching her use her past hurts as a reason to treat people the way she does. Even so, I enjoyed the characters and loved the fact that this book wasn’t a cookie cutter BDSM story. The characters had depth, even if I didn’t always love them, and
Parajunkee
Mar 26, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
This was a very sexy novel...but it did get a bit too much for me. I was waiting for a bit of emotion but all there was -- well there was a ton of sex and sex and more sex. I did expect that, I really did, from the synopsis. But, I thought there might be a hint of some progress from the character -- but none. Maybe if the reason for her sexual nature was a conscious choice, she just really liked to have sex, that might have been something, but the fact that it all really stemmed from a man kind ...more
Karinosa
Oct 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book and this character!! She was spunky, independent, intelligent and of course flawed!! I like the angst she felt and the road taken. This characters journey was suspenseful and a journey worth taking with her. You understand her reasoning (even though I didn't agree with them). She meets change in a form of a gorgeous man. I enjoyed the scenes in this read! Hot! Hot!! Read in almost one sitting...this author keeps you entranced. Very Worth the read!!

I received this ARC fro
Bella
Aug 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
For me this was very interesting story emotional, dramatic, crazy but in a good way crazy. I did not expected to be good when I start to read it but it was wonderful surprise.
All characters well develop with good interactions. I really liked Elijah and his character strong and determined. Yves is not your typical women heroine but here character was perfect for this story. I really loved it how she changed in the end.
A story of hot Latina girl which broken heart is healed with true love.
*ARC pr
D
Jun 09, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
I love horribly flawed, fucked-up characters, and Yves did not disappoint. But you can't help but feel for her, and hope that she comes out of it somehow intact. I loved the complexities and reasons why she acted the way she did.
My complaints: Too many commas in weird places. Small thing, but incredibly distracting to the flow of the story. Also not enough closure at the end. After all of the shit that Yves went through, I would have loved to see her get some happiness.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Diverse Book Tours: Tour Signup: IR Romance - Move Over, Fifty Shades! 1 4 Jul 18, 2015 08:20AM
  • Cleave (Cutting Cords #3)
  • Tipping the Balance (CalPac Crew, #2)
  • Safe With Me (Safe With Me, #8)
  • Escaped (Little Boy Lost, #5)
  • Metal Heart
  • BIG Temptation
  • Queers
  • Ty's Obsession (Whispering Pines Ranch, #3)
  • Sweetest Surrender (The Serafina: Sin City, #3)
  • One Good Reason (Adamson Brothers, #2)
  • Unforgivable Sin (Escort, #2)
  • When Love Is Not Enough (Unconditional Love, #1)
  • The Obsession (Princess Shanyin, #1)
  • One More Night
  • Autumn and Summer
  • Dying Commitment (Lucky Thirteen, #3)
  • Any Wicked Thing
  • The Waiting Room
Often accused of navigating life without a filter, Tasha L. Harrison has managed to brand herself as the author who crafts characters and stories that make you feel all of the feels. She writes African American, interracial and intercultural erotica and erotic romance with heroines just as brazen as herself and heroes that struggle to tolerate them while trying to them in the sack.

She lives in Ups

The Lust Diaries (3 books)
  • Everything She Never Wanted (The Lust Diaries, #2)
  • Having It Both Ways
“Warning: This title is sexually explicit with mild bdsm. If you like it rough and spanky, this may be for you.” 1 likes