Start by marking “Demon Apocalypse (The Demonata, #6)” as Want to Read:
Demon Apocalypse (The Demonata, #6)

Demon Apocalypse

(The Demonata #6)

One boy's life ripped to shreds before his eyes...

One wrathful demon master hell-bent on revenge...

An army of grisly Demonata on the rampage...

It's the end of the world as we know it.

The sixth novel in the chilling Demonata series by Darren Shan, author of the New York Times bestselling Cirque Du Freak series, will terrify readers long after the last page.
Published May 1st 2008 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published May 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Demon Apocalypse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Demon Apocalypse

Start your review of Demon Apocalypse (The Demonata, #6)
Ahmad Sharabiani
Demon Apocalypse (The Demonata #6), Darren Shan

Demon Apocalypse is the sixth book in Darren Shan's The Demonata series. Darren Shan released the title of the book September 29, 2007 at the Baeth Festival of Children's Literature.

Picking up where Blood Beast left off, Grubbs is on a plane in a dire situation face-to-face with Lord Loss and Juni Swan who has just been revealed to be one of his higher ranked familiars.

Just when it seems like Grubbs will be killed, Beranabus (the homeless man from
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
The series continues strong. Again through the point of view of my favorite, Grubbs, it shows the continuation from the cliffhanger left from Blood Beast, where all seems lost as Grubbs discovers a huge betrayal and finds himself with no escape on a plane with Lord Loss and his hellious sidekicks. These monsters bring the stories up to adult level when it comes to violence, gore, and shock effect - from the opening paragraph where the scorpion familiar dives into a person's face to pop out their ...more
❄️ Propertea Of Frostea ❄️ Bitter SnoBerry ❄

Kernel Fleck

Beranabus

Dervish Grady

Bill-E Spleen

The book continues where Blood Beast left it...in the plane. People being eaten and stuff. The usual. With our wonderful Lord Loss there to guide his familiars. Both demon and human. Grubbs is almost gone... but then help on the way!
Not 25% in and Grubbs and Beranabus are flying~

Then the magician takes him to his cave, where Grubbs meets Kernel.
Beranabus starts explaining stuff to Grubbs, but Grubbs' not ready to listen. He's
Jason
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books, read-2015
5 Stars

Demon Apocalypse is one of the best novels in Darren Shan's awesome Demonata series. Let me clarify that the last book Blood Beast and this one should have been released as one book, not two. I was not happy with the first book ending in the middle of a massive action scene and pivotal point in the story line. I especially hated my least favorite words...To Be Continued.

In this book Shan masterfully brings together all of the story lines of the Demonata. In this one, Grubbs meets Beranab
Rachel Louise Atkin
Nov 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
I am: an emotional wreck
Chappy
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
even better than the last book, so intense it has you right on the edge of your seat till that very last page. must fight the urge to pick up the next book and keep going.

this book only stays quiet for a few chapters before shit hits the fan, then its a non stop roller coaster till the end. the few battle scenes are the most intense of the series and for those who have read this book they will know what i mean when i say all looks lost.

for anyone who reads these i have also put a short video o
Chloe
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
I love how vividly gory the descriptions are, these books might be meant for kids but there's some serious body horror going on in this book. This series is so fast and fun to read, I'll finish the rest of the books very soon! ...more
Nancy
Jun 20, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone can read this
Shelves: 2008
Like the lame How does Cheez-It do it commercial, I’m wondering How does Darren do it—except for the fact that lame and Darren Shan should never be strung together in a sentence. Yes, he’s that good a storyteller. He’s the kind of author that can re-use ideas but turn them into something more original and creative. It’s simply astounding. I can consume anything by Darren Shan.

Demon Apocalypse begins with where its previous book left off, when Grubbs is getting attacked by Lord Loss and finds ou
Marie-Josee Larouche
Feb 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Marie-Josee by: My boyfriend
I didn't think that the series could get any better - but it just did!

I honestly can't tell which book in the series is my favorite anymore, they have all meshed together in a ecstatic, wonderful, collision of a master tale that I hope never ends (even though it must).

This story was amazing, beautiful, and sad. It was heartfelt, the heartbreak was deeply felt. The story was everything that can move someone to tears. This story had none of the things that the other books had - except perhaps the
Siobhan
Oct 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Continuing where Blood Beast left off this book is action packed from the very start.

This book continues along with the story of Grubbs but also includes other important characters, giving us information on how all the main characters are linked together and suggesting what their purpose is. As entertaining as the other books in the series this one really helps the reader to see the bigger picture in the series.
Samantha Rendle
Oct 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Action-packed, butt-kicking fun! Even after finding this book in a charity shop and coming into the story halfway through I enjoyed Demon Apocalypse and found it easy enough to follow. I liked the main character and how believable his motives were, and I loved the world Darren Shan created.

Some of the characters felt a bit weak and lacked dimension, and the writing style was a bit basic, but all in all I enjoyed this and am looking forward to reading the next book.
Carien
Dec 01, 2017 rated it liked it
This is yet another entertaining read.

Shan pulls a stunt he also used in the Cirque du Freak series and which isn't something I particularly like. Still it's not as big a cop out as it is in Cirque du Freak, so I let it pass with only a little bit of grumbling.

All in all an entertaining read with one very interesting development. On to the next book.
Jennifer Wardrip
Aug 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Randstostipher "tallnlankyrn" Nguyen for TeensReadToo.com

Grubbs Grady is back, and he wishes he wasn't.

There are two things that Grubbs regrets the most: letting his transformation take away the lives of the ones he loved, and trusting Juni. When we last left him, Grubbs was on a plane ride with Juni, who promised to take care of him and love him. But while on board, Juni's true colors appeared, and they weren't so pretty.

Turns out she had been working for Lord Loss and had used Gr
Sita
Jul 19, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People that have read all the other books preceding this one in the series.
Demon Apocalypse is the sixth book in the Demonata series. As we know the series has and is being told from three different peoples point of views. Grubbs, Bec and Kernal's. This one is told from Grubbs's point of view.

I have loved the series so far. I have loved the concept, the characters, the writing, I have loved the series in general. So was this book as good as the rest? The answer to that is yes. Yes it did match up to my high expectations.

In Demon Apocalypse, Grubbs finally meets Beranab
Ariya
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads
After reading book 5 which is the worst volume in the series, this one is the best so far (oh I haven't even finished the whole Demonata series yet, still the best.)

This book keeps me going even I don't want to read for more goring and most heart-breaking scene I have to come across. I blame Shan's writing when he writes in his finest competency to reel the reader into his story. As I claims before, he sucks at writing ordinary scenes but about demons eating a human's face? he can work like a cr
Claire Chibi
Rating: 4.5

I sort of wish that this book and the previous one were just one book instead of two, since book 5 ends on a huge cliffhanger, and this one immediately resolves it. Good for marketing I guess? Plus, younger readers are probably not gonna want to pick up a 500+ page book.

The pacing of the first 1/3 (other than the first chapter) was a bit slow for my taste, with lots of exposition, but once it picks up, it really picks up! This series has some of the most intense twists I've ever read,
Jessica Gleason
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This one was brutal. It answered some questions, interestingly. I'm looking forward to the next. ...more
Tom Sturtridge
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I bloody love this series. What a book. Heartbreaking, scary, unnerving and combining all the characters we have met so far. Love it, love it, love it.
Adam Marino
The theme of this book is do what is best for others. Grubbs had a tough choice where he had to kill someone as a sacrafice so the person wouldn´t die painfully.
Štěpán
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
R
Apr 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: quarter-3
The Truth

Ever felt like the 'chosen one'? Grubbs sure is feeling it and doesn't like it one bit. Yeah, he's more like the 'captured one' right now. Only his kidnappers aren't so harsh, they're just there to make him face reality and fight alongside them. It's not really like you have a choice, it's something "for the better good" kind of thing. The guy just doesn't want to realize he has a great power inside him and if he doesn't use it, he's just a coward.
The summary of that would be: if you do
Natsu
This book really captivated me. I couldn't put it down and totally forgot about the time, then suddenly realized it was already morning when I finished reading it.. *lol*

Action right from the start! I love it so much!! I was a bit confused when I started reading tho.. It has been years since I finished reading book 5 so I already forgot most of the chars and stories. And Mr.Shan didn't bother to give a clue hahaha.. I only remember the last scene in book 5 and that was all I can remember at fir
Wing Luck Chin
Dec 30, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 8th-grade, 2011
Kayley
Jun 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rest in peace, last bits of my childlike innocence... and the last unscarred chunks of my heart... and the last untouched part of my soul.
evil
Jan 24, 2021 rated it really liked it
‘Demon Apocalypse’ starts right where ‘Blood Beast’ ended. Like, right there. The whole story rests a lot on the previous story which is why I would suggest reading them as one big book, as part one and part two. Luckily I was able to read this right after the other one so everything was still fresh in my mind.

This book combines all the timelines the first four books introduced. It also throws in all the main protagonists and main antagonists. In a lot of ways this (meaning part one and two) is
Nick Scott
Sep 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
From other users' reviews:

This is the book that serves as a bridgeway to finally connect so many stray characters. Kernel from the second book, Demon Thief, makes several appearances and we see what's happened with him. Dervish, a series regular, stays around with the beloved Bill-E from previous books. Bec, the random girl set back in time for book four, gets a strong mention and nod. We also see random, stray Demonata that joined before with a certain leader. This is a book fans of the series
Margarita
Apr 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-english
This is another OMG book of Darren Shan!

Just read this if you have read the previous books! In the beginning, I was still thinking about the good job the author did with Juni, even when in Slawter a thought about her being part of the bad ones he made discard it every time, I thought I was wrong just too suspicious, but by knowing the truth you become aware of the glamour and it makes Darren Shan even more amazing because the clues were there but also weren't evidently, something to consider in
Kaitlyn
Feb 13, 2021 rated it liked it
This book was a prefect add on to the rest of the series. Shan takes the story and ads it on as a prefect progression of Blood beast. Towards the middle of the book i found that some sections were a little drawn out and the pacing slightly weird in places although this lent into the books sort of eerie ness and you weren't really sure what was going to happen next. One of the main things i loved about this book was its development of character and how grief was handled throughout the book. As mo ...more
Cassie Fischer
3.5
How childish is Grubbs If being called a coward will get him to go on a suicide mission? One thing that I've noticed is that his attitude towards fighting changes pretty quickly. when he's fighting, he's all gung-ho and come and get me. otherwise, he's cringing in the corner.
I was surprised at bec' s revelation about beranabus and sad about the death in this . I kept hoping that something would happen to override it but no go.
again, I get the feeling that the heroes will win the ear but lose
minney
Jan 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-of-2021
Hell, fucking, yeah dude !!!!!!

Annoying old Barnabus being my darling friend Bran is not real and i will not be acknowledging it x

LOVED kernel coming back and being so so sad and bitter my sweet heartbreak boy, i loved the fights in this !! I loved the hopelessness, I loved the twists and i love love love lord loss !!!! he's simply me favourite!! When he called the evil lady 'my swan"?! Ugh i about died !!!

I wish grubbs had been a coward and didn't go on to be a demon fighter he deserves a nice
what do u think of this book? 8 12 Jun 12, 2013 01:12PM

• Procession of the Dead (The City Trilogy, #1)
  • City of the Snakes (The City Trilogy, #3)
  • Hell's Horizon (The City Trilogy, #2)
  • The Message (Animorphs, #4)
  • His to Command (His to Command, #1-6)
  • Divided Souls (Darke Academy, #3)
  • True (Elixir, #3)
  • Secret Weapon
  • Illicit
  • The Encounter (Animorphs, #3)
  • Shahnameh: The Persian Book of Kings
  • Storm Warning
  • Short & Shivery: Thirty Chilling Tales
  • The Officer's Wife (St. Martin's True Crime Library)
  • Stop in the Name of Pants! (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #9)
  • Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me? (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #10)
  • The Emperor's New Clothes
  • Suffering Scientists
Librarian's note: Also writes books for adults under the name Darren Dash. And in the past he has released books for adults under the names D.B. Shan and Darren O'Shaughnessy.

Darren Shan (born July 2, 1972 in London, England) is the pen name of the Irish author Darren O'Shaughnessy, as well as the name of the protagonist of his book series The Saga of Darren Shan, also known as The Cirque Du Freak

The Demonata (10 books)
  • Lord Loss (The Demonata, #1)
  • Demon Thief (The Demonata, #2)
  • Slawter (The Demonata, #3)
  • Bec (The Demonata, #4)
  • Blood Beast (The Demonata, #5)
  • Death's Shadow (The Demonata, #7)
  • Wolf Island (The Demonata, #8)
  • Dark Calling (The Demonata, #9)
  • Hell's Heroes (The Demonata, #10)