Start by marking “The Thrawn Omnibus (Star Wars: The Thrawn Trilogy, #1-3)” as Want to Read:
The Thrawn Omnibus (Star Wars: The Thrawn Trilogy, #1-3)

The Thrawn Omnibus

(Star Wars: The Thrawn Trilogy #1-3)

Available for the first time, all three audio books in Zahn's bestselling trilogy--Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, and The Last Command--in a unique collector's edition gift box. 6 cassettes.
Audio Cassette, 0 pages
Published March 7th 2000 by Random House Audio

To ask other readers questions about The Thrawn Omnibus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Thrawn Omnibus

Beth Kern
Feb 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It's been several years since I read these books, but I remember Zahn's vivid, dynamic characters and plots that kept me reading and leaving me wanting more when it was done. For having written in the universe of another writer, he excellently recreated that universe and is perhaps the best author of a Star Wars continuing story to date.
Paulo Goulart
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fc
Na verdade, li uma BD desta Trilogia (já tinha lido o livro e não me lembrava). Gostei muito.
Simon Wright
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Thrawn Trilogy was and still is an excellent beginning to the old expanded universe. It only requires that you are familiar with Return of the Jedi. (Which if you aren't what are you doing here?) It is the story that brought the favorite character of many, Thrawn, into being. This trilogy shows what a broken shattered empire can do with a true strategist at it's helm. If you don't want to read this book because it isn't canon you should know that you are depriving yourself of an excellent t ...more
Jason Marciak
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
The characters portrayed in the Thrawn trilogy are already much loved and fairly well known Han, Luke, Leia, Lando, the droids and all the rest. Here though we are actually given some excellent foils and rich new characters like Karrde, Mara, and Thrawn himself. As a fan of the mythos of Star Wars, I couldn’t help but fall in love with them all. Pellion’s initial grudging willingness to obey orders for Thrawn that eventually becomes true respect. And the analysis that Thrawn puts into his every ...more
Emilie
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-wars
Excellent roman ! On retrouve vraiment le souffle de l'aventure façon Star Wars. Les nouveaux personnages sont particulièrement réussis, le suspens est entier, et on découvre de nouvelles facettes aux personnages d'origine de la saga.
Lexxi Kitty
Consolidating.

1. Heir to Empire - June 18 1992 - 3.75
2. Dark Force Rising - April 18 1993 - 3.75
3. The Last Command - March 18 1994 - 3.75
Hild
Mar 09, 2017 added it
Ooit gelezen toen ik zo 17/18 was. Ik kan mij er niet bijster veel van herinneren, dus blijkbaar weinig memorabel.
LOL_BOOKS
I THINK THRAWN HOLDS UP AS ACTUAL NOVELS.

YYY, ZAHN'S BOOKS HOLD UP.

MY MARA WIFING IS SO STRONG I ACTUALLY CAN'T TELL. I RECENTLY TRIED TO REREAD AND WAS OVERWHELMED BY MARA&KARRDE FEELS BEFORE I EVEN GOT TO THE MARA/LUKE FEELS.

SW BOOKS ARE WEIRD. THE VERY FIRST SW BOOKS, THE THRAWN TRILOGY, BASICALLY SET THE GOLD STANDARD FOR THE BEST YOU CAN POSSIBLY EXPECT FROM A TIE-IN NOVEL, BUT THEY'VE TOTALLY FAILED AT MAINTAINING THAT LEVEL OF QUALITY.

THOSE WERE NOT TECHNICALLY THE FIRST SW BOOKS, BU
Ben
Mar 20, 2008 rated it really liked it
Zahn is my favorite Star Wars author because of these books. These, in my mind, work to redeem the other crap that is published in the "Star Wars Expanded Universe." Zahn creates interesting characters like Mara Jade and works to show an adult Luke who is not a whiny kid from a backwater planet. With great villains like Thrawn set up as well, this trilogy sets up as a great story to rival the original trilogy. So, even if you are not necessarily a huge Star Wars buff consider this recommendation ...more
Eric
Apr 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe it was twenty years ago that I first read these books! And the recent revisit was not disappointing. It makes me wish Zahn had written the prequels for George too. It's true to the SW universe and story model. I actually listened to Heir and it was brilliantly read with music and sound fx.
Rachel
Jan 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
All in all, for my first time reading super sci-fi as I call it, no too shabby. Timothy Zahn is an appealing writer, and I enjoyed this trilogy very much. Well written, fun, and I shall be looking for more books by him :)
Timothy
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read these books when they were originally released, so I haven't read these as the omnibus, but I want to find this and reread them, for sure, but I thought the Jedi Academy trilogy was slightly better!
Erin Gertz
Dec 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Listened to the audiobooks which are excellent! I can't think of Star Wars without this trilogy. (Only complaint - He CANNOT write romance.)
Scott
Sep 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Movie and TV tie-ins should be entertaining and light reading. This is both, to its credit. Thrawn is a surprising good villain for book like this, but is a little cartoonish.
Erik Wennermark
Dec 23, 2016 rated it did not like it
Ugh. Why did I read this...
John
Jul 23, 2009 rated it really liked it
Very good, wish Lucas had used them instead episodes 1 and 2.
Jon L.
Sep 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
I am only commenting on the third book which brings the trilogy to a close in a satisfying way, it ended difinitively but also left room for a second or third series to arise.
Spencer
Jan 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
Great Star Wars books, also one of my favorite authors
Ryan Knutson
Sep 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
A great return to star wars. An adventure that I would love to see made into a movie trilogy.
Gerry Bruin
Ok, I didn't have a book with me when I was going on holiday...Saw this at the airport..
I did enjoy it though...
Denis Sarrazin
May 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Surprisingly good Star Wars novels happening 5 years after episode 6. For the most part, very "star wars" like, so if you liked the movies, you should enjoy these books.
Denae Christine
Jun 07, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, space-travel
I sooo need to read these again before I give a review.
But I remember they were good! And Thrawn was the most complicated and intriguing bad guy I'd ever met.
Arthur Kemp
Feb 27, 2013
Cullen O'Farrell
Feb 23, 2018
  • The Corellian Trilogy
  • Incredible Cross-Sections of Star Wars: The Ultimate Guide to Star Wars Vehicles and Spacecraft
  • Star Wars: The Han Solo Omnibus (Star Wars: Han Solo, #1-3)
  • Jedi Academy Trilogy (Star Wars)
  • The Star Wars Storybook
  • Dark Force Rising
  • Star Wars: Legacy, Book 1
  • Zorba the Hutt's Revenge (Star Wars: Jedi Prince, #3)
  • The Star Wars Vault: Thirty Years of Treasures from the Lucasfilm Archives
  • Agents of Chaos (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, 4 & 5)
  • Star Wars Omnibus: Shadows of the Empire
  • Star Wars: The Magic of Myth
  • Invincible (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force, #9)
  • Battleground: Tatooine (Star Wars: X-Wing Rogue Squadron, #3)
  • Patterns of Force (Star Wars: Coruscant Nights, #3)
  • Star Wars: Splinter of the Mind's Eye
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Vol. 2: Flashpoint (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, #2)
  • Han Solo at Stars' End (Star Wars: The Han Solo Adventures, #1)
Timothy Zahn attended Michigan State University, earning a Bachelor of Science degree in physics in 1973. He then moved to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and achieved an M.S. degree in physics in 1975. While he was pursuing a doctorate in physics, his adviser became ill and died. Zahn never completed the doctorate. In 1975 he had begun writing science fiction as a hobby, and he bec ...more

Star Wars: The Thrawn Trilogy (3 books)
  • Heir to the Empire (Star Wars: The Thrawn Trilogy, #1)
  • Dark Force Rising (Star Wars: The Thrawn Trilogy, #2)
  • The Last Command (Star Wars: The Thrawn Trilogy, #3)