Start by marking “The Thrawn Omnibus (Star Wars: The Thrawn Trilogy, #1-3)” as Want to Read:
The Thrawn Omnibus (Star Wars: The Thrawn Trilogy, #1-3)

The Thrawn Omnibus (Star Wars: The Thrawn Trilogy #1-3)

4.43  ·  Rating details ·  407 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Available for the first time, all three audio books in Zahn's bestselling trilogy--Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, and The Last Command--in a unique collector's edition gift box. 6 cassettes.
Audio Cassette, 0 pages
Published March 7th 2000 by Random House Audio

To ask other readers questions about The Thrawn Omnibus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Thrawn Omnibus

Beth Kern
Feb 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It's been several years since I read these books, but I remember Zahn's vivid, dynamic characters and plots that kept me reading and leaving me wanting more when it was done. For having written in the universe of another writer, he excellently recreated that universe and is perhaps the best author of a Star Wars continuing story to date.
Paulo Goulart
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fc
Na verdade, li uma BD desta Trilogia (já tinha lido o livro e não me lembrava). Gostei muito.
Lexxi Kitty
Consolidating.

1. Heir to Empire - June 18 1992 - 3.75
2. Dark Force Rising - April 18 1993 - 3.75
3. The Last Command - March 18 1994 - 3.75
Hild
Mar 09, 2017 added it
Ooit gelezen toen ik zo 17/18 was. Ik kan mij er niet bijster veel van herinneren, dus blijkbaar weinig memorabel.
LOL_BOOKS
I THINK THRAWN HOLDS UP AS ACTUAL NOVELS.

YYY, ZAHN'S BOOKS HOLD UP.

MY MARA WIFING IS SO STRONG I ACTUALLY CAN'T TELL. I RECENTLY TRIED TO REREAD AND WAS OVERWHELMED BY MARA&KARRDE FEELS BEFORE I EVEN GOT TO THE MARA/LUKE FEELS.

SW BOOKS ARE WEIRD. THE VERY FIRST SW BOOKS, THE THRAWN TRILOGY, BASICALLY SET THE GOLD STANDARD FOR THE BEST YOU CAN POSSIBLY EXPECT FROM A TIE-IN NOVEL, BUT THEY'VE TOTALLY FAILED AT MAINTAINING THAT LEVEL OF QUALITY.

THOSE WERE NOT TECHNICALLY THE FIRST SW BOOKS, BU
Ben
Mar 20, 2008 rated it really liked it
Zahn is my favorite Star Wars author because of these books. These, in my mind, work to redeem the other crap that is published in the "Star Wars Expanded Universe." Zahn creates interesting characters like Mara Jade and works to show an adult Luke who is not a whiny kid from a backwater planet. With great villains like Thrawn set up as well, this trilogy sets up as a great story to rival the original trilogy. So, even if you are not necessarily a huge Star Wars buff consider this recommendation ...more
Eric
Apr 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe it was twenty years ago that I first read these books! And the recent revisit was not disappointing. It makes me wish Zahn had written the prequels for George too. It's true to the SW universe and story model. I actually listened to Heir and it was brilliantly read with music and sound fx.
Rachel
Jan 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
All in all, for my first time reading super sci-fi as I call it, no too shabby. Timothy Zahn is an appealing writer, and I enjoyed this trilogy very much. Well written, fun, and I shall be looking for more books by him :)
Timothy
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read these books when they were originally released, so I haven't read these as the omnibus, but I want to find this and reread them, for sure, but I thought the Jedi Academy trilogy was slightly better!
Erin Gertz
Dec 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Listened to the audiobooks which are excellent! I can't think of Star Wars without this trilogy. (Only complaint - He CANNOT write romance.)
  • The Corellian Trilogy
  • Star Wars: The Han Solo Omnibus (Star Wars: Han Solo, #1-3)
  • Heir to the Empire
  • The Star Wars Storybook
  • Star Wars: The Magic of Myth
  • The Star Wars Vault: Thirty Years of Treasures from the Lucasfilm Archives
  • Incredible Cross-Sections of Star Wars: The Ultimate Guide to Star Wars Vehicles and Spacecraft
  • Star Wars Omnibus: Tales of the Jedi, Volume 2
  • Invincible (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force, #9)
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Vol. 2: Flashpoint (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, #2)
  • Rogue Planet (Star Wars)
  • Legions of Fire (Babylon 5: Legions of Fire, #1-3)
  • Star Wars: Legacy, Book 2
  • Revelation (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force, #8)
  • L'épée de feu (Le trône de fer, #7)
  • The Castle Omnibus
  • The Making of Star Wars, Episode I - The Phantom Menace
  • Fury (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force, #7)
Timothy Zahn attended Michigan State University, earning a Bachelor of Science degree in physics in 1973. He then moved to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and achieved an M.S. degree in physics in 1975. While he was pursuing a doctorate in physics, his adviser became ill and died. Zahn never completed the doctorate. In 1975 he had begun writing science fiction as a hobby, and he bec ...more
More about Timothy Zahn...

Star Wars: The Thrawn Trilogy (3 books)
  • Heir to the Empire (Star Wars: The Thrawn Trilogy, #1)
  • Dark Force Rising (Star Wars: The Thrawn Trilogy, #2)
  • The Last Command (Star Wars: The Thrawn Trilogy, #3)