Start by marking “French Sand” as Want to Read:
French Sand

French Sand

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  12 ratings  ·  4 reviews
How would you cope if your husband suddenly - and totally inexplicably - abandoned you and your small child at the other end of the earth ? "French Sand" is set on the South Pacific island of New Caledonia in the 1960s. Melanie, a young English woman living there, sets out to find why her husband left her and she almost gets herself killed in the process. A gripping story ...more
ebook
Published June 19th 2012 by Smashwords Edition (first published March 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about French Sand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about French Sand

Nick
Dec 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great story from Catherine. Well written and very enjoyable. I loved the characters and the descriptions of New Caledonia. It made me feel like I was there. I could hear, see, smell and feel the islands. I want to visit them now! I got lost in the book which I love to do; totally absorbed into the characters and the story. It made me feel quite emotional in places. All in all I loved it. Quite a few unanswered questions in my mind at the end though but that is good, makes me think!
Charley
Apr 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Again the author's knowledge of the setting really brings the story to life. I found the moral dilemma of the main character intriguing and found her a brave and imaginative person. A very well written book and I was fed up when I came to the end. I think more could have been made of the story. It left me with a big question mark in my mind. I wished it had carried on longer. I had read somewhere the start was slow but I disagree. A great read!
Rosene Wye
Jul 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yes, I liked this. It is a love story in a totally different way. The first bit is from the woman's point of view then it switches to the man. It is also an adventure with a bit of murder thrown in. I enjoyed it.
Charley
Another book I just cannot put down!! The last one I can find of Catherine Broughton's books unfortunately, I have read all the others!
Claire Divall