Start by marking “Froggy Gets Dressed” as Want to Read:
Froggy Gets Dressed

Froggy Gets Dressed (Froggy)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  8,813 Ratings  ·  264 Reviews
Rambunctious Froggy hops out into the snow for a winter frolic but is called back by his mother to put on some necessary articles of clothing.
Hardcover, 1 page
Published August 1st 1994 by Turtleback Books (first published October 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Froggy Gets Dressed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Froggy Gets Dressed

Rossy
May 25, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
Kind of boring. He just gets dressed and then his mother makes him realize he has forgotten to put on some item of clothing, this happens a few times.
I wonder why Froggy always forgets to put on his underwear, lol!
Ginny
Apr 15, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kiddo-books
Will's review last night: this was a really boring story. All he did was get dressed! I like the baseball one much better." Every series has a bomb....guess this one is it.
David
Froggy Gets Dressed by Jonathan London, illustrated by [author; Frank Remkiewicz] is one of the funniest of the Froggy series. Waking up during winter, Froggy wants to get dressed and play with his friends, although his mother tells him it's too cold. Every time Froggy gets outside, his mother calls "Frrrooggyy!" to remind him of something he forgot to wear. Froggy hops back into the house, gets undressed, redresses with the missing article of clothing, then hops back outside. After his mother c ...more
Cheryl
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ok, got it from a local library. Not sure why Perry doesn't rant about the ending. I surely did not appreciate it. Good book until that point, though.

If I borrow this from MORE, do I read the very same book that Michael Perry read and reread to his daughter, as reported in Roughneck Grace?

Found, via Google Search, here: "The first (?) and one of the best Froggy books. Froggy wants to go out and play in the snow, but everytime he gets out and starts making a snowball, his mom calls him back insi
Elayna Gilbert
Feb 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Froggy looks outside his window! Snow Snow he said "I want to play in the snow!!". His mother told him to go back to bed and that frogs were suppose to sleep all winter until the snow is melted. But he didn't care what momma had to say. He puts on his socks, pulled on his boots, put on his hat, tied on his scarf, tugged on his mittens and flopped outside into the snow. But froggy forgot to put something on... He forgot his pants he was so excited. So he went back inside and started the process a ...more
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
This is a great vocab book that uses a lot of repetition - I remember from when I was little that repetition in picture books is far from boring! It's hard reading it as an adult though. Still, Froggy is quite a cute character who keeps forgetting to put on various items of clothing and has to go back inside, take it all off and start again - until he's too tired to continue and goes back to sleep, which makes his mother smile. ;)

It's also a good book for teaching kids what they need to wear to
Jennifer (JenIsNotaBookSnob)
My 5 year old liked this, but didn't think it was fair that Froggy didn't even get to really play outside. Illustrations were cute, story line is cute. The only thing I didn't like is that it's one of those books that has printed 'sound effect' type words. I don't like feeling obligated to do sound effects especially since often the way the sound effect is written doesn't really match how I'd imagined the sound effect. Read sound effects begrudgingly anyways.
Amanda The Book Slayer
I've been reading this one to kids before I had my own and it's always been a fun read.

Froggy decides he wants to go play in the snow, despite his mother asking him to stay in bed. So he goes about getting ready and heads out the door. But...silly Froggy has forgotten a few things.
Melissa
SLCO Library has a book prop of this for storytime. Kids and adults love it.
Vivian
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
It's fun to invite children to do actions with this story as they get dressed with Froggy -- putting on socks, boots, hat, scarf, and mittens (all with sound effects and repeated often, forwards and backwards, throughout). Children also enjoy slapping their thighs (if seated) or jumping (if standing) as Froggy "flop, flop, flops" outdoors and repeating after the performer his mother's loud call (with their hands cupped to their mouths) "FRRROOGGYY!" and Froggy's reply, "Wha-a-a-a-a-t?". They get ...more
Joyce Ellis
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The repetition and sounds incorporated into this story make Froggy Gets Dressed a delight as are so many of the Froggy books. Children identify with all the work that goes into simply going outside to play in the snow--and hearing their moms keep calling after them when they forget things. The Froggy books are always a delight of words and illustrations.
Courtney Ingraham
I would use this book in kindergarten during the winter to help them learn about patterns because each time Froggy mother yells out telling him that he had forgotten something he has to go back inside, take everything off, put the forgotten article of clothing on, and then put everything else back on again.
Katy
Nov 18, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is fine. It could be fun for a kid, I think, but halfway through I'm impatient about all of the repetition and super done with it. Usable for storytime but not something I will choose to use.
Michael
Grows a bit tiring by the end, but still pretty decent.
Theron Williams
I feel like i've had the same conversation with my own kids.
V.A. Trafton
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining! Perfect bedtime read on a snowy night with a cup of hot cocoa and mom's warm arms around you.
Samantha
I have read this one so many times. A great winter story.
Taylor
Nov 15, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
yeah i read this to alex
its good
Sophia
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-books
Cute concept, but it could have been much better.
Marisa Severin
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
This is a funny little tale. It contained simple sentences and beautiful illustrations. It is ideal for young readers. I liked it.
Jessica Pinnick
Love the fun language that they choose to use and all the repetition
Alyssa
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
A classic from my childhood.
Sharon Allen
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Solid humor- my toddler and I both laughed out loud.
Laurie
Justice Parker
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An eager frog wakes up during winter and wants to play outside. His mother tells him no because winter is the time frogs hibernate. The little boy frog ignores his mother and hurries to get dressed to play in the snow. Foggy was in such a hurry, that he forgets to put on pieces of his clothing. His mother calls him back home many times, so he can properly dress for the cold weather. By the time he gets it right Froggy is tired and wants to sleep.

Circular Connections: After reading this book to t
Aleasha Atoruk
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Froggy Gets Dressed is a book about Froggy that wakes up in the middle of winter, and despite his mom telling him that frogs aren't supposed to be awake to play in snow, he wants to play outside anyways. He keeps forgetting to put on different parts of warm gear, and his mother shouts out the window each time. He is always taking off a bunch of gear, putting more on, forgetting some, and repeating the cycle. This book would probably make kids laugh, because his mom yells out that he forgot to pu ...more
Sue
Title: Froggy Get Dressed
Author: Jonathan London
Genre: Children’s
Challenges: PB & J Challenge, 101 Books in 1001 Days Challenge, What an Animal II, Read and Review Challenge 2010, Read Your Own Books 2010, TBR Challenge 2010, Reading From My Shelves Project 2010, Young Readers Reading Challenge 2010, 100 + Reading Challenge,

Rating: 4/5
No. of Pages: 32
Published: 1999

Back Cover: Froggy pulls on his boots – Zup! Puts on his hat – zat! Ties on his scarf – Zwit! Tugs on his mitten – Zum! But w
Megan Mandl
Personal Response: I loved reading through this book because of the rhythm of the text and the funny storyline. I thought the pictures were really endearing because the main character, Froggy, is always smiling or doing something funny. I know that sometimes I can be as forgetful as Froggy is, and this book was engaging because it kept you wanting to know what happens next. I also enjoyed the plot twist at the very end, and I think children would find it humorous.

Purposes:
- ages 2-6
Read Aloud
Brittany Martin
Froggy is very excited about the snow, but his mother does not feel the same. Froggy's mother says that frogs are supposed to sleep when there is snow. However, Froggy's excitement about the snow keeps him from sleeping. Froggy decides to play in the snow, but as he goes outside his mother calls out to him. Froggy had forgotten to put on pants. He goes back inside to put on pants. Once outside again, Froggy's mother reminds him to put on a shirt. So, he goes back inside to put on a shirt. When F ...more
Alexis Shannon
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
§112.11. Science, Kindergarten, Beginning with School Year 2010-2011.
(4) In Kindergarten, students observe and describe the natural world using their five senses. Students do science as inquiry in order to develop and enrich their abilities to understand scientific concepts and processes. Students develop vocabulary through their experiences investigating properties of common objects, earth materials, and organisms.
(8) Earth and space. The student knows that there are recognizable patterns in th
  • A Hat for Minerva Louise
  • Where's My Teddy?
  • Dog's Colorful Day: A Messy Story About Colors and Counting
  • The Seals on the Bus
  • Snowballs
  • Can You Make a Scary Face?
  • One Tiny Turtle
  • Wow! Said the Owl
  • Under My Hood I Have a Hat
  • Spots, Feathers, and Curly Tails
  • The Baby Beebee Bird
  • All You Need for a Snowman
  • I'm Not Cute!
Jonathan London is the author of several celebrated children's books. His commitment to honoring the wonders of the natural world has been lauded by readers and critics alike. He is the author of more than 70 children's books, many of which are about nature. He's also the author of the popular Froggy series. He lives in Graton, California with his wife and two sons.
More about Jonathan London...

Froggy (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Froggy Goes to School