Start by marking “We Help Mommy” as Want to Read:
We Help Mommy

We Help Mommy

Written and illustrated by some of the best children's book authors and artist,Little Golden Books are known by their gold-foil binding and by the pleasure they bring to children.

#11 of 68 Special miniature versions of Golden's best-loved children's stories.
Hardcover, a Little Little Golden Book, 24 pages
Published March 29th 2001 by Golden Books (first published 1959)

To ask other readers questions about We Help Mommy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about We Help Mommy

Asho
Jul 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is the companion to We Help Daddy (or, more accurately, I suppose We Help Daddy is the companion to this book, since I believe We Help Mommy was published first). It is similarly charming and retro, with lovely illustrations.
Obviously, since this was written in 1959, the chores Mommy does are decidedly domestic: laundry, sweeping, dusting, making a pie for Daddy, etc. Mommy doesn't quite do the Herculean amount of work that Daddy accomplishes in his book, although she does somehow manage to
Anne
I love this book! It helped me realize that the best way to keep my busy little kids entertained and out of trouble was to have them work with me on things that I needed to get done. What a precious window of time when they actually want to help. And spending the time together is pricless.
Cheryl
Apr 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Awfully dated, of course. Somehow wasn't as enjoyable as I expected, given that I actually do like the Daddy companion. Maybe it's too preachy?

But keeping house is good exercise, and learning to do chores is a valuable skill, and spending time with children is important. And maybe children would have fun talking about the difference between a carpet sweeper and a vacuum, etc.

Stephanie
Apr 24, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommended to Stephanie by: Sonlight
Shelves: homeschool
I miss books like this today. Informative, cute, simple, and quality. Also, Eloise Wilkin - need I say more. These books would not be the same without her beautiful illustrations. Our son loves to sit and stare and study the pictures!!
N
May 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
I remember loving these illustrations as a child. Content-wise--- what in the world?!?!? These kids aren't old enough for school, but they're doing all of this?
Hannah Groeschen
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved the illustrations in this book. The details to the children were amazing. I also liked the story because it was about two children working together to help their mother.
Cathie Maud
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just as nice as 'We Help Daddy'.
Erika Gregory
Sep 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
We Help Mommy was one of my favorite books as a child. Therefore, going back and reading it again as an adult I was apprehensive that my feelings towards it would change. This was not the case at all. My love of the story remained just strong as it had before. I was able to relate to this story so well because growing up I loved helping my mom and taking on any responsibilites she gave me. Now as an adult I am still able to relate to the book because I now have all the same responsiblites myself ...more
Christine
Jul 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-the-kids
One of my favorites when I was a kid, and now my kids ask me to read it a lot. I like the illustrations because they remind me of growing up and helping my mom and grandma around the house. The chores are timeless even though technology changes. My kids and I have fun reading this together then doing chores afterwards that we read in the book.
Stacy
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-fiction
Lori
Feb 05, 2011 added it
I still have this book from my childhood and I still enjoy reading it... now to my daughter, and I hope someday she will read it to hers. (You know, AFTER she graduates from college and gets married, of course.)
Rebecca
Mar 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sonlight-p3-4
Beautiful illustrations and a nice story of children who help their mom with chores around the house. My children wanted to point out the things that they help me with (but I def don't do that much cleaning each day).
Heather
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book as a little girl! Such find memories of reading it. My favorite part is the grocery shopping. :) I so want to find a copy for my kids to read now!
Katie
Feb 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
One of my most favorite LGBs!
Janice
We really like this little book. It is illustrated by Eloise Wilkin, one of my favorite illustrators of children's books
Julia
Oct 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This was one of my favorite books as a little girl. I couldn't remember the name of it and finally I've found it. I'm going to find a copy to read to my children so they can now learn to help me!
Sarah May
Aug 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Eloise Wilkin illustrations
Sweet's Family Bookshelves
Apr 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Such a cute and old fashioned book about all the ways mommy's wish their kids behaved. I absolutely loved the book. My 6 year old though said she was too busy to do all that work!
Tara Calaby
From memory, the story in this one was far from exciting, but the pictures were lovely. Not one of my favourites as a kid, though.
Mckinley
Feb 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: must-read, picture, family
I haven't seen a book about helping Mommy that's been in published in the last couple of decades. Which makes this one all the better.
(Part of Eloise Wilkin Stories collection.)
Karen L.
Mar 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: toddler-books
Aw, I almost forgot about this sweet book. When my kids were little, they loved this. I relish these old style books with illustrations by Eloise Wilkins!
Emily
Mar 11, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I really like it because it helps me to know how to be kinder to my mom and things I can do to help her.
Davraena
Feb 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Such adorable pictures, a worthy addition to a young person's library.
Janice
This is one of my favorite golden book stories
Amanda
Jun 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
I still remember the helping song over 20 years later.
ndara

• My Goodnight Book
  • Little Mommy
  • We Like Kindergarten
  • The Three Bears
  • Peter Spier's Christmas!
  • Walt Disney - Eeyore, Be Happy (A Little Golden Book)
  • The Christmas Story