Start by marking “Ballet Kitty” as Want to Read:
Ballet Kitty

Ballet Kitty (Ballet Kitty)

3.6  ·  Rating details ·  105 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Ballet Kitty wakes up in the pink—ballerina pink, of course—until she realizes she can’t find her slippers anywhere. Suddenly her leaps aren’t as lighthearted or her pirouettes as pretty. Where could they be? she mumbles and grumbles. How can she dance in her clunky old sneakers? But very quickly Kitty discovers that as long as she’s doing her most perfect plies and cutest ...more
Published October 1st 2007 by Boxer Books (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Ballet Kitty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ballet Kitty

Adria
Jun 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ballet Kitty is cute story about a kitty who will soon receive a visit from her best friend, Pussycat. Pussycat is coming over so they can practice ballet. There is one problem: Kitty cannot find her ballet shoes! She is very upset and believes she will not have fun unless she finds her shoes! However, once her pal arrives they laugh, play and dance. Kitty forgets all about her missing ballet shoes until she remembers where they are: under her nightstand-right where she left them!

Ballet Kitty i
Bonnie Jean
Nov 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
My 2-year-old son grabbed this book off a a cart at the library because of the cat on the front cover. It's about a ballerina kitty who loses her ballet shoes just before her playdate with princess pussycat and has to wear her sneakers instead. I thought the writing was a bit weak, and I was a bit iffy on the huge emphasis about Ballet Kitty being "pretty" (there was a LOT of talk about prettiness- from how cute and pink she was the moment she woke up, to how she stopped being so cute when went ...more
Laurie
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was ok
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
This was one of the few "must have" books my little girl had to have from the book fair. It's pink, has a kitty, and a ballet dancing kitty at that. It wasn't hard for her to make up her mind with this book. What a cute, really fun, and engaging story it is. Ballet Kitty is getting ready for her perfect playdate with her friend. In order to have that perfect playdate Ballet Kitty has to have her ballet slippers, which she can not find to any avail.

What I loved about this story is that it shows
Kat
Nov 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
Ballet kitty wants to dress up and have the "perfect playdate" with her friend, but can't find her ballet slippers.

It's a very simple story but it's well executed, easy to read, has adorable pictures, and shows friends being nice to each other.

My kiddos love this book. It has kittens, ballet, dress up, a tea party, and pink - in other words something for pretty much any little girl.

I especially like how it shows that a "perfect playdate" isn't about the clothes or the toys, but it's just about
Shawna
May 10, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: favorites, children
This book is so sweet! My three-year-old LOVES it. She has it memorized so she "reads" it to me as we turn the pages.

Ballet Kitty wants to get dressed for a playdate but can't find her ballet slippers, doesn't think she'll have fun without them, has a blast regardless, and then finds them when the playdate is finished.

I love the message here--things can be just fine even when they don't go exactly as planned.

jacky
May 24, 2013 rated it liked it
A perfect book for Natalie. It has kitties, ballerinas, princesses, pink, tea party, pretend play, dress up, and the exact kind of over dramatic temper she has right now. It was a perfect fit she wanted to hear over and over, and in between reads she often said her nose and ears were pink when she felt happy.
Danielle
Apr 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
This book is so relevant to my 3-yr-old daughter. She doesn't take dance or have a ballet costume, but she often misplaces her shoes and has to wear a pair she doesn't like as much. And of course, they always turn up where she last left them! Good for her to know she's not alone and see how Kitty handles the situation.
Marisa
Feb 14, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
must...find...way...to use...this...book! Oh my gosh, it's adorable. I checked it out cause I though, kitty, ballet, how can it not be cute? There's this one illustration where she's yelling for her mom, and another with one tear rolling down her cheek...there are not words to describe how cute it is.
Heidi-Marie
It's not bad. Feels more like "a girl book" with all the pink and ballet and princess. But I do have girls in preschool. And I know some of them like pink and such. I suppose if I put some inflection in the reading, then all of the kids might enjoy it whether or not it's a subject they enjoy. And if I balance it with more of "a boy book," then it would be pretty good.
Kimberly
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
My little 3 year old girl loves pink, she loves cats, and she loves ballet. She loves this book. My 5 year old son also enjoyed this book, but not as much as his sister. This story really captures my little girl.
Emily
Jan 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This book is the quintessential book for my 2.5 year old daughter who loves dress up (especially shoes), pretending, friends, tea parties, princesses, and ballet dancing. The simple story line is so well written that I don't mind reading it over and over.
Carly Gates
Jul 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: animals
This is such a cute book for young children, especially some little girls I know. This could be used to talk about some new vocabulary such as ballet slippers, grumbled, pliés, curtsies, and pirouettes. I could even showed the children examples.
Heather
Aug 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing
5 stars from my 2.5 yo "ballerina" daughter. If your daughter likes ballet & kittys...this will be a true winner. Note of caution - she will definitely ask for a pair of ballet shoes after this book if she doesn't already have them!!
Tricia
Feb 05, 2008 rated it it was ok
cute pictures, weak story. kitty forgets her ballet slippers and has to wear her sneakers but then finds slippers right where she left them. ???
Henry&Lily
Oct 22, 2008 rated it liked it
Personally, not a fan. Lily on the other hand LOVED it! Kitties, ballet, pink...perfect book for her. Three stars to even it out.
Diana
Jun 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Sweet little book about a dancing kitty, her play date, and a pair of ballet slippers. My 5 old loved it.
Greta
Apr 18, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: picturebooks
This is a story about my daughter. We wanted a tom boy, but we got a girl who likes pink, princesses, picnics, and pirouetting. Oh yes, and she also likes pussycats.
Lauren
Mar 12, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-book
it's just too pink and kitties and ballerina for me...it's like a picture book made specifically for Missy from Welcome to the Dollhouse.
Yelena
Mar 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Kids loved it.
Bianca Rae
Jan 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
A new book I received for Christmas from a great Aunt and I'm already obsessed! I randomly quote this book to mommy throughout the day... "Where are my Ballet slippers?"
Emily
Dana
rated it it was ok
Mar 29, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Bernette Ford is the author of the forthcoming First Snow, and co-author of Bright Eyes, Brown Skin. Sam Williams has illustrated numerous picture books for children, including Cold Little Duck, Duck, Duck by Lisa Westberg-Peters and Little Red by Sarah Ferguson, The Duchess of York.
More about Bernette G. Ford...

Ballet Kitty (4 books)