Start by marking “The Kissing Diary” as Want to Read:
The Kissing Diary

The Kissing Diary

Twelve-year-old Rosie Goldglitt is a never-been-kissed, hopeless romantic. Her mother has a new boyfriend. So why can't Rosie attract the attentions of the cutest boy in the seventh grade, Robbie Romano? Is it because she's two inches taller than he is? Is it her horrible name? Or is she simply a dork? If only she could be more like her rival, the perfect and popular Mary ...more
Published July 24th 2007 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR)

To ask other readers questions about The Kissing Diary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Kissing Diary

Erin
May 07, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: nyra
This book attempts to capture the awkwardness of middle school and would be most enjoyed by a tween audience. Rosie Goldglitt has never been kissed (shocker). She is in love with a boy who doesn't know she exists, her parents are divorced, and her grandfather is dying. This is a little book with lots of stuff crammed into it, and in the end, nothing really ever happens. The moral of the story: 7th grade sucks. And don't make fun of the smelly kid too much because you might end up making out with ...more
J-Lynn Van Pelt
Twelve-year old Rosie is a pretty typical young girl growing up in a divorced family with an eccentric single mother. The kissing diary that the book is named after seems like a crutch for the story, especially since it doesn't live up to the name. But, the story of first crush is cute and the author creates a realistic pre-teen voice.

2010 NYRA nominee
Julitza
Oct 08, 2008 added it
Recommends it for: to anyone but not 5,6,7 year old.
Recommended to Julitza by: my friend
i cant contain any spoils but its about a romantic 12 year girl name rosie and she never been kissed! and she a has a major crush on this kid who is rude to rosie she scared him and made him fall in a bush and she said sorry i scared you thats where he started hateing her.
Karen
Nov 21, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: girls 10 years to fifteen
A great book for a younger female audience. A girl survives the divorce of her parents and learns to accept herself.
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Mar 03, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: not-recommended
Caseley, Judith The Kissing Diary, Pg. 199: Frances Foster Books. Language-PG, Sexual Content-PG-13, Violence-PG.

Rosie Goldglitt is an outcast in school. She has a few friends but it doesn't help her status much. The bad thing is, she has a crush on the most popular boy in the whole school. Rosie struggles to decide whether or not she has a crush on the most popular boy in school.

This was an okay book, after the first chapter. The way that the book started made me want to slam the book shut an
Calli
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
it was not a very good put together book
Kristen
May 16, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: nyra-2010
Carla
May 17, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
Hanna Aaron
The book I was recently reading is The Kissing Diary. This book is about a twelve year old girl who's name is Rosie. Rosie's mother has a new boyfriend, and once Rosie sees how much her mom and her mom's new boyfriend are interested in each other, it makes Rosie wonder why she can't be romantic with someone. Maybe her middle school crush, Robbie? I personally liked the book at first, but the more I read it, the more I lost interest. I rate this book 3 out of 5 stars.
Bekka
Mar 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
I highly recommend this book for anyone who wonders about their first kiss. It's about a girl who is dieing for her first kiss and begins studying the people around her to find out how to kiss, like her mother and her mother's boyfriend. As she goes along with this journey she learns a few things about kissing, and a few things abouther crush. I suggest you read it and find out what happens!
Madelin Marie
Mar 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
OMG this is a ........... Book that tells an talks about middle school 7th grade ,romance ok to the point now lets see Rosie has never been kissed (shoker)but she is in love with Robbie the most popular 7th grader but she isn't in love with it ut she will find thatout through the story!!!!!!!!
Chelsey
May 26, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: abandoned
I abandoned this book because, to me, it just dragged on and on. The age group was too immature for me, things iv already experienced, and things iv already witnessed in my lifetime. This would be a great book for 7th and 8th graders.
Marilyn
Jul 26, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: 5th - 7th grade girls
This is a sweet romance for younger girls with good storyline and fairly well drawn characters. My soon-to-be 6th grade daughter really liked it. Just enough boy stuff to make it interesting but not so much more.
Holly
Dec 05, 2008 added it
young, easy girl read
Mary
Mar 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Rosie doesn't like her name, doesn't know how to attract the boy she likes, and doesn't know what to do about her mom kissing a strange man.
Jan 16, 2008 rated it liked it
See Something to Blog About for comments
Grace Paustian
I liked this book because it was really romantic and I would reccomend this book to anyone who likes romance.
Diana
Jun 18, 2009 rated it did not like it
boring!!
Korbyn
Aug 14, 2009 added it
I absolutely LOVED this book it was sooo good and gave great advice i read this for my summer reading book and actually loved it.. i would reccomend this book to like anyone. :]
Madison
Sep 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Ilove this book It was very differant but intresting at the same time.
Juliette Fonda
Dec 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Middle School Girls
I think this book really related to girls in middle school and some of there thoughts they had through out the 3 years.
Haylie Sonsthagen
Mar 26, 2015 rated it liked it
It was okay, but not that fun to read.
Jessie
Jul 09, 2010 rated it it was ok
A very dull novel that I wouldn't recommend to anyone.
Samantha O
Dec 11, 2015
Maria Elisabeth
Aug 10, 2012
Tsion
rated it did not like it
Sep 04, 2013