Start by marking “Laces and Lace (Assassins, #7)” as Want to Read:
Laces and Lace (Assassins, #7)

Laces and Lace

(Nashville Assassins #7)

NEW YORKS TIMES AND USA TODAY BEST SELLING AUTHOR TONI ALEO PRESENTS THE NEXT INSTALLMENT IN THE ASSASSINS SERIES

Laces and Lace

Nine years ago, things were perfect. Lacey and Karson had found their happily ever after in each other…or so they thought. How do two people who were meant to be move on from that once-in-a-lifetime love?

Lacey has a strength inside her that come
Published November 7th 2014 by Toni Aleo

Taking Shots by Toni AleoThe Deal by Elle KennedyTrying to Score by Toni AleoEmpty Net by Toni AleoSee Jane Score by Rachel Gibson
Best Hockey Romance
421 books — 847 voters
The Deal by Elle KennedyThe Mistake by Elle KennedyPucked by Helena HuntingAlex by Sawyer BennettHim by Sarina Bowen
Hockey Hunks
338 books — 458 voters

More lists with this book...

Christy
Apr 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
4-4.5 stars!

photo f9de6c86-b346-477d-99d5-a66367188eac_zpsba732f0c.jpg
Everyone has that one person who leaves an imprint on their heart.
Earlier this year I read this novella called Tangled in Laces by Toni Aleo and I was hooked on Karson and Lacey’s story. I was dying to find out what happened to these two. I was so excited to finally read Laces and Lace! Toni Aleo has this writing style that I completely adore. Her Assassin’s series is one of those series where every single book has been a winner for me, and this was no exception.

Nine years ago, K
Catarina
4 Generous Stars.

Karson and Lacey were completely in love once. But “circumstances” forced Karson to leave her behind and chase his dreams of becoming a NHL player. He swore that he if had another chance he would never let her go. Now, nine years later, a fateful night gave him his second chance to get her back and this time he actually didn’t let her go. But the problems that set them apart the first time are stronger than ever, and they risk realizing that some things are not always meant to b
Lisa Jayne
FOUR SECOND CHANCE STARS.

"He was worth it. Because he was it. Her forever."

description

Mrs Toni also what did you do to my heart? You took my feelings on a roller coaster ride with this latest Assassins instalment and what a journey. I have to say readers that I thought Toni pulled it out of the bag when it comes to the emotions in this book and of course you don't need to be disappointed because as usual MrsA more than delivers with her trademark off the charts steamy McDreamy loving. Yes once again this
Val Shameless ⚓️ Steamy Reads ⚓️
Disclaimer: I should preface this "review" by saying that I read this right on the heels of Nine Minutes, which is perhaps my favorite book of 2014. With that said, that might have affected my experience with Laces and Lace. The below review is my current opinion, although perhaps I'll attempt a re-read at a later date. Or perhaps not, you never know...

This is a very, very sad day...DNF @ 30%

description

I honestly can't believe this. I can't believe I am DNF-ing an Aleo hockey romance.

I love Toni Aleo.

I lo
✿kawehi.reviews
May 30, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: sports-jock, arc
☆ I received an ARC via Good Choice Reading in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ☆

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Don't get me wrong, I liked this one...I did.
*Hence, the 3 star rating which according to goodreads means that I "liked it."*

Karson was AWESOME and I loved everything about him.

BUT! Lacey did have me at a lovehate relationship due to her unstable antics and insecurities.

And don't even get me started on her best friend, Rachel! Seriously, what the heck?! How is she and Lacey even friends in the first place?
Daphney
Mar 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I just received my ARC of Seduced by the game and Finished Tangled in Laces and may I just say NOOOOO!!!! I WANT THIS BOOK ALREADY!!! WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE OUT BY DECEMBER!!! :(((

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!

Review to come!

LOVE IT!!
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
1 STAR
I really thought this book and I will connect. At least I had hopes we would.
I enjoyed the first books in this series and thought maybe it was time to reconnect with it. (I skipped the last couple releases)

The heroine is a breast cancer survivor,—like me— and I'm always curious to read about tough and empowered heroines in my romance books, so the least I can do is applaud the author for her choice to feature one and approaching the subject.
As a matter of fact, I grabbed this paperback
Anna Banana
May 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars!

The One That Got Away

Ever since I read Breaking Away I've been dying to get my hands on this book. I love this series so much and it's one that despite everything, I always end up loving.

It's great that the novella of Karson and Lacey's past is included in the beginning of the book because it really helps you see their past and how heart breaking it was. I was seriously crying for them at one point because of the situation they were in.

The book takes place 9 years after the novella.
Kath S

JT:

JT and that girl:

The plot:

description

This series is my guilty pleasure and I'll love it forever.

The end.
Polly
Was going to do a full review but my kid has a migraine and I'm exhausted.

To sum it up if you hate the over use of the word "baby" and "I Love You" coupled with insta-re-love and the most annoying naive female lead I've ever read then this book is not for you!

Kara
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Review to come on BOOK BABES UNITE - BLOG TOUR of LACES & LACE!

Heroesinbooks
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Karson and Lacey Stars

I read this book in 2014 & recently re read it via audio book.

This is a gorgeous second chance romance book. Karson and Lacey were very young when they fell in love and Karson was on the precipice of a stellar career with the NHL. Their intention is to be and stay together but someone intervenes and they break up. Nine years later they meet again and this time Karson Is not letting his girl go.

I loved dipping back into the Assassins Hockey world. At times I tired
Dee
3.5 Stars

This included the prequel Tangled in the Laces so rating both stories together.

Working out what to rate this book took quite a lot of thought, I automatically wanted to give it 5 stars because I loved Karson. I totally understood why he walked away when they were both back in college, he was a young man who only wanted to give his girl the world but had forces against him, yes he shouldn't have given in but he didn't have the wisdom that comes with age.

Karson was still a great charact
Shannon Gorilla McGee Winston
Laces&lace

FOUR STARS

Oh, boy... Toni Aleo... you did it this time. Goodbye Shea Adler, you're not my Book Boyfriend anymore. Karson has you licked.
marryhim

T.A. is really a pro at giving us swoon-worthy heroes. Unfortunately, her heroines usually fall so short of deserving these guys, it can sometimes be worth docking stars. The exception here is Piper from Blue Lines. Piper is Awesome.

When this story opened, I had high hopes for Lacey. Lacey is a breast cancer survivor, talented, driven, smart and sweet. And her
Heather
May 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
My rating scale:
5☆ - I loved this book and it brought out true emotion in me (laughter, anger, a good cry, etc)
4☆ - I loved this book.
3☆ - I liked this book.
2☆ - I didn't really care for this book.
1☆ - I did not like this book at all and probably did not finish it.
Sheryl
Nov 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
*3.5 stars*

WHAT... THE... $HIT... was going on in this story??!!!

Can someone say DRAMA, MUCH? There were so many DOUCHE'S here, my head was spinning so hard...
Diane Lynch
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hockey-romance
After reading Tangled in the Laces (the prequel), I couldn’t wait to read Laces and Lace. I was not disappointed. Toni Aleo’s books continue to be phenomenal.

Laces and Lace took place nine years after Tangled in Laces. Lacey Martin and Karson King are accidentally reunited when they both get inside the same cab in Chicago. Their reunion could have gone in so many directions; I really love the path it took. Lacey and Karson were always meant to be together, but their relationship was sabotaged by
Beth
Nov 12, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: nook, hockey-romance
I can't believe I actually finished this book. It was a total train wreck. Was there a prize for the most unlikable, asshole characters in one book? Because this one wins it. There was not a single decent character, except maybe his mother. The heroine was alternately whiny and gullible. The hero was a dick half the time. Don't get me started on the douche-y comments he made about her weight, which were so out of the blue and totally unnecessary. There were several continuity errors, plus some o ...more
Phowpence
2.5 or 3 stars

Minor spoilers alert.

Assassins Series is one of my favorite series that is about sports. I mean, gorgeous, sweet and insanely hot hockey players? Totally swoon worthy and scorching hot. And like the past books in these series, I totally fell in love with Karson King.

The start of the book was amazing, it was kinda fast but it was good. Even, the evil family is plotting horrible things for Karson and Lacey, I still liked it. But, Lacey's (asshole) dad and her best friend (what a bi
Lady E
Jun 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm still in my feeli2, review to come.
Eleanor
Jul 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ah another great book in the Assassins Series :) I loved it!

One thing though, Lacey towards the end wrecks my head!Wont saw anymore cause I don't want to get away spoilers!
Three Chicks
Nov 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 Fantastic Stars!

Review by Natasha Gentile

Ok Ladies, here is the scoop. Toni Aleo is either two people 1) Shea Weber in a woman’s body or 2) from outer space. She says she not either, but I haven’t seen anything to sway my mind. I have said it time and time again that no one, not one person writes hockey romances like this lady, and I know, I’m Canadian! Hockey is in our blood, we bleed our team colors. I swear nothing makes my day as much as watching Sports Center in the morning. I also may b
Erin
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is probably been the best paced book from the Assassin's series so far. I really liked how Lacey and Karaon came back together.

What was hard to read is how manipulated Lacey was by her dad. And his obsession with her to the point of trying to control her life. I was glad that she trusted Karaon enough to bring her back to herself. Looking forward to reading more! Especially Lacey and Karson!
Tasmia
Feb 13, 2015 rated it did not like it
I can't believe how people could love this book *jaw dropping* no offense but I never felt so much irritation for such a long period of time in the past 9 or so hours it wasn't even funny!
I don't even understand why I carried on reading! Guess I'm a glutton for punishment.

My only question is ..
How could people be that selfish??

I never thought I'd hate the female lead so much till I read this book!
I believe in always seeing the best in people but I'm not that effing stupid to let my guard down
Save Your Money For Books
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Laces and Lace was everything I had hoped for, and then some! I have been dying to read this story since Tangled in Laces was published in Seduced by the Game, the fundraising anthology -Hockey Fights Cancer. I am pleased to see that the prequel is included with this release and that the Author is donating $1 for every book sold to this wonderful cause.

When Karson was forced to walk away from Lacey years ago it broke him. He's never fully been able to move on and when a chance to make amends pre
Jackie  Kiwibooknerd
Sep 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: assasins
I feel like this has been the most anticipated book for me as I have been eagerly awaiting it, since I finished the prequel a few months back. I wanted Karson and Lacey's story so bad, so the minute it went live early, I started reading it.

Lets start by saying I love Karson....One of the best Assassin characters yet. He is right up there with Shea as far as I am concerned. I was worried, he would be this total playa in the book and it would take him a while to come around to Lacey again. But no,
Sidney Halston
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Let me start by saying that I LOVE Toni Aleo. Before I was an author, I loved Toni. Now, as an author, I love her more. She's inspirational and ballsy and she's a great storyteller. And now she let's me read her books before everyone else…so I feel honored and kind of cool. ; )

Every time I read one of her books I think to myself: I'm not going to say I love it just because I love Toni as a person because I owe it to her and to her fans (and my fans) to be honest. But damn it--- her books are alw
Debbie
UGH!!!!!!!!!!!

Lacey drove me NUTS! I was yelling at my tablet telling her to open her freaking eyes and see that her dad was a D-bag...seriously...and do not get me started on Rachel....

Karson was probably the "softest" of all of the hockey players in the series. No real spine until the end when he went to get Lacey back...

I really hope Overtime is about JT and Kacey..if It's not, I will probably not be continuing this series.
Natasha
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 Fantastic Stars!

Review by Natasha Gentile

Tina "IRead2Escape"
Hotness Rating 3 out of 5

Tangled in the Laces was included in this book. It's the prequel to Laces and Lace and provided important background.

For a short story this prequel had it all. A well-written story that gives answers to all of your questions? Definitely yes. Well developed, well-written characters that make you feel everything from hope to hopelessness? Absolutely! A palpable attraction that makes the pages smoke? For sure.

Lacey battled cancer and won. It left her with emotional scars,
  • Delay of Game (Portland Storm, #4)
  • Faceoff (Heller Brothers, #2)
  • Goalie Interference (NHL Scorpions, #2)
  • Loving Him Off the Field (Santa Fe Bobcats, #2)
  • Holiday on Ice (Play by Play, #8.5)
  • Hip Check (New York Blades #10)
  • Zack (Cold Fury Hockey, #3)
  • Undefeated (Bomb Squad, #2)
  • Foolish Games (Out of Bounds, #2)
  • Shattered (Extreme Risk, #2)
My name is Toni Aleo, and I’m a #PredHead, #sherrio, #potterhead, and part of the #familybusiness!
I am also a wife to my amazing husband, mother of a gamer and a gymnast, and also a fur momma to Gaston el Papillion.
While my beautiful and amazing Shea Weber has been traded from my Predators, I’m still a huge fan. But when I’m not cheering for him, I’m hollering for the whole Nashville Predators sin

Nashville Assassins (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Taking Shots (Assassins, #1)
  • Trying to Score (Assassins, #2)
  • Empty Net (Assassins, #3)
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Breaking Away (Assassins, #6)
  • Wanting to Forget (Assassins, #9)
  • Overtime (Assassins, #10)
  • Rushing the Goal (Assassins, #11)
  • Face-Off at the Altar (Assassins, #12)
  • Delayed Call (Assassins, #13)
“But don't forget, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and most of them are just full of shit." - Lacey” 4 likes
“You’re beautiful, Lacey. Nothing about you is disgusting. I love you, all of you. When I look at your chest, all I see is survival. I see a second chance at a life, a life with me. So please don’t apologize for something you couldn’t control. Just allow me to make love to you, and please don’t ever forget how much I love you and how I think you are the most gorgeous girl in the world.” 4 likes