Start by marking “Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off (Country Music Collection, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off (Country Music Collection, #1)

Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off

(Country Music / Montana Cowboys #1)

Take a shot of tequila, add one sexy cowboy, and end up with more than one night of passion.

Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off is a fun contemporary erotic romance about two people needing each other for different reasons and finding out that together they are one insatiable force.

Bethany Dodson is running from her past and her fiance. She needs a new last name and to get
Trade Paperback, 289 pages
Published September 19th 2007 by Tease Publishing LLC (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off

Auntee
Jul 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a fun read this was! This book was steamy hot, with two very likeable characters who were just perfect for each other, yet they had trouble believing it. I mean, who falls in love in just one week's time?

Bethany Dodson, the heroine, was a 30 year old virgin and the daughter of a well known millionaire businessman. Her parents wanted her to marry some creep for some business purpose and not because she loved him. Bethany had a lousy childhood, the only child of two selfish and uncaring
Dina
First off, let me say that I love the title of this book: it's funny, catchy and lets you know right away that you aren't supposed to take the story too seriously. Just relax and enjoy, that's what it says.

Bethany Dodson is the classic poor rich girl. As the only child of a wealthy business, she's had everything money can buy - as long as she doesn't bother her parents with silly demands for attention or love. But she's had enough of that. She's 30 years old, still a virgin - because no man has
jenjn79
Oct 05, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to jenjn79 by: Auntee
For those of you who like your erotic-romances to have a solid romance in them, then this is a great book to read! I don't mind erotic romance books that have tons of sex...they're fun to read ;) but sometimes, the romance angle lags behind. That doesn't happen in Cara North's "Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off" (by the way - fantastic title!). This is one erotic romance book where you can get the erotica and the romance all in one, which makes it a fun read.

I really enjoyed all parts of this b
Eastofoz
Jul 12, 2008 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: People who like a good book cover & title only
My god was this book ever dumb :-/ The characters were dumb, with an extra special mention to the dumber than dumb heroine, the various situations these people got themselves into were really dumb and the story itself was just plain dumb. Apart from the cover and the title this book is bad stuff.

If you’ve seen the Kutcher/Diaz flick “What Happens in Vegas” you’ve pretty much got the gist of the story, the only difference is that the movie was hilarious and this book is anything but.

The heroine
Julie (jjmachshev)
Jul 20, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2009-reads, erotica
"Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off" is the lead novel in Cara North's 'Country Music Collection' where the title of each book is also the title of a country and western song. This was my first western read by North and I enjoyed the story of a woman running away to take control of her life and finding love at her first stop.

Bethany has had it. Her parents have always equated love with credit cards and shopping sprees, but never really cared about her. The final straw was when they 'arranged' he
Christa
Oct 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: booksfree-com
I thoroughly enjoyed this sweet and erotic romance by Cara North. The hero and heroine were both genuinely nice people, and I enjoyed watching the relationship develop between them. The hero's brothers were very interesting minor characters, and I look forward to their stories.

Bethany Dodson is desparate to escape her wealthy father and fiance. She has decided that marriage is the best way to start a new life, and she plans to find a man in Las Vegas, ply him with alcohol, and lure him into a we
Beth
With a humdinger for a title and glowing reviews from just about everyone else who’s read it, I was expecting this book to blow my pants off.

Too bad, so sad because I thought this was seriously stupid. I got the version that was riddled with typos (Los Vegas, come on, are you fucking serious?!?!?) The premise was absurd and the characters never felt like real people to me. There were plenty of sex scenes which were basically the only thing the book had going for it but after awhile even those g
Kathrynn
Aug 21, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommended to Kathrynn by: Auntee
This was a nice, modern-day romance with neat characters that fell in love as the story progressed. It was a fluke that the two main characters, Jack and Bethany, ran into each other in Vegas. Both were there looking for a spouse for different reasons. They married and thought it was a temporary fix for both their personal problems and fell in love. They both learned about each other and grew up in the process.

Something happened between chapters 14 and 15. A lot of time skipped by (two months)
Splage
What a bummer. I loved the title and the cover, but not the book. This book got really high ratings on Amazon which just amazes me. I thought the story had promise, but the author just missed communicating it to me. I am not going to go into the description of the storyline, but focus more on my feelings about the book.

This might sound pretty critical or maybe I was just in a bad mood reading it, but I thought it was poorly written and developed with inconsistencies that got to me. For example I

Emily
Bethany Dodson has not told the girls she is with for a bachelorette party in Vegas what her real plan for being there is.
1. Find a man to marry-even if she as to get him drunk in the process
2. Stay married for a few months
3. Find a job and become dependent on only herself.

As luck would have it Montana cowboy, Jack Johnson, is in need of a wife as well. He needs his inheritance to put his ranch back on track. He doesn't know why Bethany needs to be married but he marries her and finds that his
Julianna
Reviewed for THC Reviews
"2.5 stars" Every reader’s experience with any book they read is going to be unique, because each individual is unique and will most likely take something different away from it. I’d say that most often, however, my opinion of the books I read aligns with the majority of other reviewers in one way or another. Less frequently, but often enough, there are times when I think a book is generally underrated. I felt it was very well-written and enjoyable, deserving at least 4-5
Jane Stewart
Fluffy and sweet, ok but not great, includes a lot of bedroom scenes.

STORY BRIEF:
Bethany is the only child of a wealthy business man and his trophy wife. Her parents gave her money and things but never time or love. Her father arranged a marriage for Bethany and Douglas, for the purpose of a business merger. Bethany does not like Douglas and goes to Las Vegas with the intent of running away from her parents. She wants to get a job and live independently.

Jack and his siblings inherited a large ra
Inara
...or the astonishing change from virgin to sex kitten...
That pretty much sums this story up.. ;-D
I liked the book no kidding! Although the plot didnt sweep me off my feet there were many hot and steamy sex scenes...admittedly without them the book would have been rather short.
But Bethany and Jack, the two main characters were likeable and amusing although Bethany seemed to be a bit selfish at times and wasnt very considerate about Jacks feelings but nonetheless the two where a hot couple and th
Brenda (b)
After reading other reviews about how fun and sexy this book was, I decided to give it a try. I'm glad I did. Everyone was so right! I loved Jack (and his brothers too). He tried so hard to be intuitive and understanding of Bethany. Gotta give the guy points just for effort - LOL. Heath's story is definitely on the to buy list now.
Ni_kii
Aug 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
This review can also be found at http://scorchingbookreviews.blogspot.com.

"Why didn't you tell me you were a virgin?"
"What makes you think I was?" Bethany continued to lazily stroke his head.
"You had a maidenhead. There's probably blood between us right now." He watched her easy smile fade; then her face screwed up in defiance
"What the hell is a Maidenhead?"

(Yes this is an actual line from our Hero.....Surprisingly he grew in my estimations over the course of the plot :D)

So I decided at my blo
Heather in FL
Well I think this book is mis-titled because tequila doesn't play much of a role in this book at all. But I'm not gonna complain. The title got my attention, the blurb a little bit more attention. If the book had been titled this way but the blurb was not my thing, the title wouldn't have swayed me. But I digress....

This was really cute. A twist on the strangers-marry-in-Vegas story. In this case, one is trying to run from money by marrying someone other than her fiance, the other is trying to g
Christel
Jul 12, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: any erotica reader
Recommended to Christel by: The Purve's
I loved this one and the sex was HOT, NUCLEAR HOT.
Beth Yarnall
Jun 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
The base of the romance was pretty good but the over all story could have been better. What really made this an enjoyable read were the main characters Jack and Bethany. They have chemistry, are fun, sweet and are really terrific together. As far as erotica goes this one's done well. The love scenes were hot although I have to say that the back door action was not to my taste BUT it was written in very well. I especially liked the role playing they did and how much they enjoyed each other as a m ...more
Tina "IRead2Escape"
Justa really sweet, quick read. I love that Bethany was a real woman, curves and all. I love that Jack appreciated Bethany for the woman she is.
Toni (U.A.C.)
I don't have anything witty to say, I just liked it. It was good.
Connie
It was OK I like the title of the book more than the story! Rich girl running from her overbearing family and her abusive ex-fiancee. Handsome cowboy, Jack, needs a wife, for 3 months, to receive his inheritance so he can save his Montana ranch. Ironically, it turns out, his grandpa tricked the whole family and Jack and Bethany didn't have to get married. Bummer!
Judith
Oct 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
4.25 out of 5. Such a fun read, and one that I hadn't found until just recently. Bringing together two people who marry out of necessity and then allowing the reader to watch that relationship simmer, wax and wane with the introduction of additional characters into their stories is one of those kinds of romances that keeps me glued to this genre. Contemporary, to be sure, as it deals with the insecurities that so many women must face, some brought into their lives because of the emotional neglec ...more
Tessa
Apr 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
Okay, man soll ja auch mal über seinen Tellerand hinaus blicken. Also habe ich mal einen kleinen Genrewechsel versucht und mir "Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off" gepackt. Und..naja. Es war okee. Ich kenne keine Cowboys in wahren Leben, deswegen weiß ich nicht, wie realistisch die Darstellung der drei Brüder ist. Bethany aber fand ich recht unrealisisch. 30 Jahre lang war sie das brave Mädchen, dass immer "Ja" und "Amen" sagt und urplötzlich wird sie zum Tier, inklusive eigener Meinung, vorlaut ...more
Brei
Aug 22, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, cowboys
Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off is a cute Romantic Erotica about heiress Bethany Dodson, shes being used by her family in an arranged marriage for a business deal, she decides to escape going to Las Vegas with her friends, and I use that term loosely, for her bachelorette party. While there she plans to find herself a husband so she can have a change of name, then move on with her life away from her family. What she didn’t expect was that Jack Johnson needed a wife just as much as she needed ...more
LaurLa
Just meh. The title made it sound way more fun that it actually was. My biggest problem was the heroine was kind of all over the place - I never really got a handle on her. She was strong, though and I did like that she didn't put up with crap. She was a poor little rich girl but she didn't sit back and let life happen. She knew she wanted out and made it happen, even if it took awhile for her to get there. And the smexy times were really good! I'd read more just for that!!
Nichole
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Montana Country Men grabbed my heart! Jack Johnson was a gentle giant who fell in love/lust with Bethany Dobson. Now they both have secrets as to why they need each other. Once revealed can they hold on to each other? Great story! Had more hooked from page one. Can't wait to read Rafe and Heath's stories
Lai
Aug 17, 2012 added it
I thought this book was really cute. I loved how in the beginning, they both had an ulterior motive for the marriage and were able to grow and learn more about each other. I think the heroine needed a good strong man to show her that she wasn't lacking. And it was nice to see the hero see that he needed to grow up.
Doug
May 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is a delightful romp. The characters are well written, interesting, and fun to hang out with. I enjoyed it thoroughly. I would love to hear what happens with Jack's two brothers and his sister. I sure hope there will be sequels.
Hana
Sep 01, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance, trash
It was really horrible - the writing was so shallow it nearly made me cry and I just had to skim the pages in order to give the book a chance. Don't understand why it is labelled as comedy since there was no humor at all. A complete waste of paper, time and money.
Ngaio
Sep 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
I liked this book so much more than i thought i would! theres romance there as well as hot scenes and there are some really funny parts which is not what i expected.
Great Book, will continue the series!
  • A Wild Night's Bride (The Devil DeVere #1)
  • Perfect Sin (Clayton, #2)
  • Schooled
  • Second Chances
  • Lone Star Trouble
  • Tempting Adam (Seattle Steam, #2)
  • Deacon's Touch (Dume Ranch Series, #1)
  • Mac's Law (Unchained, #1)
  • Hooked (Studs in Spurs Book 4)
  • Copping To It
  • Unbridled
  • Colt's Choice (Bad in Boots, #3)
  • Where Have All the Cowboys Gone? (Turner Brothers, #1)
  • Impact (Buckin' Bull Riders, #1)
  • The Jackson Brothers (The Jackson Brothers, #1-3)
  • Cocked And Loaded
  • Down In Texas
  • Half Hearts
Always trying to improve my craft.

Country Music / Montana Cowboys (4 books)
  • She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy (Country Music Collection, #2)
  • One Hot Momma (Country Music Collection, #3)
  • Lucky's Story: Book 4 of Montana Cowboys (Country Music Collection/ Montana Cowboys)